- QA tester with 6 years of experience in Quality Assurance in Information Technology, involving analysis, both Manual and Automated Testing of client server and web applications
- Expertise in creating Test Strategy, Test Plans and defect reporting and executing Test Scripts
- Extensive experience in ETL/Data warehouse backend testing and BI Intelligence reports testing
- Extensive testing ETL experience using Informatica (Power Center / Power Mart, Designer, Work flow Manager, Work flow Monitor and Server Manager)
- Extensive experience in developing SQL scripts to validate the databases tables and reports data for backend database testing
- Excellent Analytical skills for reviewing/analyzing requirements/functional specifications and identifying requirements
- Knowledge of Automation testing tools - Selenium, HP Quick Test Pro (QTP)
- Proficient in all levels of testing such as Interface, Integration, Regression, Usability,
- Experienced in multiple software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) including Waterfall, Agile (SCRUM) Methodologies and entire Testing process (STLC)
- Experience on Work Flow User Acceptance Testing HP PPM
- Have extensive experience on Smoke, Functional, Regression, Integration testing, System Testing, UI Testing, Black Box Testing, User Acceptance testing(UAT), backend testing
- Proficiency in manual testing and Defect management, including Defect creation, modification, tracking, reporting using industry standard tools like HP Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) / Quality Center (QC)
- Experience in creating Test Readiness Review(TRR), Requirement Traceability Matrix(RTM) documents
- Experience in RDBMS, Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL), oracle (PL/SQL), MS Access and associated SQL Programming knowledge
- Experience in Business Intelligence testing in various reports using Cognos, Business Objects, Crystal Reports and Crystal Dashboards (Xcelsius)
- Specialized in testing on both WINDOWS & UNIX environments
- Experience at conducting backend testing/ Functional/GUI/Regression
- Written Test Cases for ETL to compare Source and Target database systems
- Knowledge of full life cycle development for building and testing a Data Warehouse
- Expert in managing testing projects with Mercury Quality Center 10.0
- Good Experience with defect tracking tools like JIRA, Bugzilla
- Experience working with Offshore and Onsite teams
- Enthusiastic about technology and its application to challenging problems
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Quality Assurance / Software Testing
- Developed Test Plans, test scripts and executed the test scripts - Huntington DW Project.
- Thorough out the project in various iterations/Sprints - conducted system testing, integration testing, functional testing and integration testing.
- Developed complex SQL queries for querying data against different data bases for data verification process.
- Prepared the Test Plan and Testing Strategies for Data Warehousing Application
- Developed ETL test scripts based on technical specifications/Data design documents and Source to Target mappings.
- Extensively interacted with developers, business& management teams to understand the OPM project business requirements and ETL design document specifications.
- Participated in regular project status meetings and QA status meetings.
- Extensively used and developed SQL scripts/queries in backend testing of Databases.
- Written test cases to test the application in Quality Center 9.0 and 11.0(ALM)
- Prepared daily status reports with details of executed, passed, and failed test cases and defect status.
- Tested a number of complex ETL mappings, mapplets and reusable transformations for daily data loads.
- Creating test cases for ETL mappings and design documents for production support
- Setting up, monitoring and using Job Control System in Development/QA/Prod
- Extensively worked with flat files and excel sheet data sources. Wrote scripts to test the flat files data in the databases,
- Scheduling and automating jobs to be run in a batch process
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats
- Worked with ETL groups and Acquisition team and business analyst for understating mappings for dimensions and facts
- Extracted data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and DB2 server.
- Worked on issues with migration of Data from development to QA-Test Environment
- Extensively tested several Business Objects Reports - Crystal’s reports and Dashboards to validate the reports the data and cosmetics of the report.
- Developed complex SQL queries for querying data against different databases for data verification process
- Involved in design and development of hybrid automation framework using Selenium
- Used Selenium Grid to execute tests on multiple systems to achieve parallel execution
- Used Selenium WebDriver for creating scripts using Java/Junit
- Contributed to Sprint Planning, Sprint releases, Product Backlog discussions, Scrum status (Agile development)
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI
Confidential, Mclean, VA
Quality Assurance / Software Testing
- Attended the requirement meetings and collect the BRD.
- Analyze Business Requirements & Use Cases and prepare Test Scenarios and Cases.
- Involved in creation of the Test Scripts according to the test plan and Use cases
- Coordinate meetings with project and development teams to communicate project issues.
- Estimated the level of efforts for every user stories.
- Uploaded the test scripts into Quality Center.
- Involved in Integration Testing, System Testing, System Interface Testing, Regression Testing, Acceptance Testing and End to End testing.
- Setup scenarios and related datasets for weekly batch tests and reported/fixed issues encountered.
- Used Unix Commands in autosys to Schedule the scripts
- Performed backend testing for data validation by extensive use of SQL using Rapid SQL.
- Performed SQL querying to validate the data in the back end database and also to check the data flow between different modules
- Performed Integration testing for system compatibility, Performed Positive and Negative testing.
- Support the Users of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) after the final cycle of System Integration Testing (SIT).
- Performed Initial, Retesting and Roll-forward testing.
- Modified and added to test scripts to bring them in alignment with controls wording.
- Updated IT environment document for use by external auditors on SharePoint.
- Attended standup meetings and follows up with team members as required focusing on business and operational issues or technical issues.
- Executed the test scripts in quality center and responsible for reporting the defects by using Quality center defect tracker.
- Executed the regression test cases along with testing new enhancements by using QTP and analyzed results.
- Attended the status meetings and reporting the issues and also collecting status from all other team members and provided the support for onsite and offshore teams.
Environment: HP Quality Center, HP QTP, Agile Pilot, Microsoft Office, Windows 7, Rapid SQL, UNIX
QA Analyst/Process Developer
- Created test case scenarios, executed test cases and maintained defects in internal bug tracking systems
- Developed and executed various manual testing scenarios and exceptionally documented the process to perform functional testing of the application
- Managed multiple OLAP and ETL projects for various testing needs.
- Developed advanced SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted.
- Tested the entire data reconciliation process for multiple source and target systems.
- Performed extensive Data Validation, Data Verification against Data Warehouse
- Loading Flat File Data into Teradata tables using Unix Shell scripts.
- Tested several BO Reports for several business needs including Dashboards, Drill-Down, Master-Detailed, Aggregated, KPI's, Grouped List, Cascade and Web Reports.
- Responsible for validation of Target data in Data Warehouse and Data Marts which are Transformed and Loaded using Informatica Power Center.
- Tested and validated the Business Objects reports by running similar SQL queries against the source system (s)
- Tested several Informatica Mappings to validate the business conditions.
- Formulating the QA plan for black box testing of the application including Functional, Regression, Integration, Systems and User Acceptance Testing
- Performed Data Analysis and developed Data mapping documents for ETL (SSIS) projects
- Testing the source and target databases for conformance to specifications
- Design and execute the test cases on the application as per company standards and tracked the defects using HP Quality Center 10
- Designed and prepared scripts to monitor uptime/downtime of different system components