- Over 8 years of experience in Information Technology, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web based applications and good experience on Core Java concepts.
- Deep passion to deliver quality solution and worked closely with development team, created automated test scripts in a CI/CD environment, worked with variety of web services and continually optimized automation process.
- Proven record of developing and enhancing test automation framework for an E - Commerce project.
- Worked in Agile methodology (preferably scrum) and experience in effective story planning for product increment.
- Worked with lead to own QA automation process, developed and implemented testing techniques, plan the approach to sufficiently test the functionality of new and existing applications.
- Design and build automated test suites. Utilize innovative testing technologies to develop product's automation testing strategy.
- Worked with cross functional team to establish/maintain consistent test methodology.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Quality Center to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Strong Expertise in Developing Automation Framework, Test Design, Automation Test Scripting, Execution & Maintenance.
- Strong experience working with remotely dispersed teams.
- Strong knowledge in Analysis of Use Cases & Functional & Non-Functional Requirements.
- Planned, created, maintained, executed E2E tests, test plans, cases and matrix.
- Evaluated and documented actual test results against expected results
- Expertise in Mobile testing using Appium framework for iOS, Hybrid apps.
- Sound knowledge on TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in creating TestNG XML file to trigger the test cases by using Packages, Groups and writing the test cases using TestNG Annotations.
- Experience in switching tests by using Maven profiling in POM.XMLto have a control on testcase executions.
- Experience in Designing and implementing different Automation Frameworks from scratch like Page Object Model (POM), Data Driven Framework for number of projects writing XPATH and CSS Selector.
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing Business Requirements and creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, and Test Estimation & Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Experience in Smoke Testing, backed end Testing, Black-Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Cross Browser/ Cross Platform Testing, UI Validation, Webservices, Boundary Value Testing.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Knowledge on testing tools like WinRunner, QTP for Functional and Regression testing.
- Around 2years of experience in Test Automation using UFT (11.5 TO 12.00) Versions
- Experience in using open source bug tracking tool JIRA, Quality Center & Bugzilla.
- Experience in troubleshooting software applications for business functions in major areas of the business and enterprise-wide.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/WebDriver/GRID, Quick Test Pro (QTP), Appium
Languages & Web Technologies: JAVA, HTML, XML, PL/SQL
IDE: Eclipse, SQL Developer
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG, Data Driven Framework
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Fire path, Firebug
Build Tool: Maven
Processes: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (QC), Bugzilla& IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC)
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins.
Data Bases: MS Access, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Vista & 7, 8) Linux, Mac
Confidential, San Francisco, CA.
Sr Automation Engineer (Selenium)
- Analyze specifications and the environment / systems affected by proposed changes to identify what needs to be tested for successful integration and what entities will need to be involved in establishing test requirements and provide approval for implementation.
- Carry out various methods of testing including manual, batch and automated to test application/infrastructure changes and correlate them to the business solution or to support QA environments
- Utilize established processes and tools in the creation of test plans and test cases, set up data and track defects.
- Create test plans, test cases, and complex test data along with execution, documentation and follow up on results
- Validation of test results proactively explain and work through variances
- Validation of test results (Manual or automated scripts) Identify and lead smaller scope, team specific, process and productivity improvements.
- Develop Automation Test frameworks for web Services, Mobile apps using Rest Assured, Selenium, Java, Appium.
- Analyze applications and the QA process and Provide resources for Test Data management.
- Contribute to the identification and implementation of process improvements
- Report progress on problem resolution to management
- Mentor less experienced team member in their area of expertise.
- Performed End-to-End testing of database to check data integrity using SQL queries.
- Assisted QA lead in documenting User Acceptance Test report and reporting defect resolution.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed custom libraries for automation using JAVA & Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG and Maven.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, LoadRunner, Jenkins, Agile, SQL, Maven, Appium, XPath, Firebug, Eclipse, Quality Center HTML, GitHub, Windows 7.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Involved in preparing the Test plan based on BRD and User Stories.
- As Test Engineer, involved in plan & perform testing, verification & validation, and quality assurance.
- Attend daily scrum meetings, reviewed user stories.
- Developed Test Cases to automate using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Created Test Data for QA and UAT.
- Ability to leverage expertise across QA organization to enhance the QA process and raise the level of testing expertise.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and Web Driver to test the web applications
- Automated test cases to perform regression testing using Java, selenium web driver and eclipse IDE.
- Involved in creation and execution of QA, testing processes and bug documentation.
- Used Bugzilla to document issues found during the test automation process
- Used Selenium Web driver to run test cases in multiple browser
- Conducted Functional testing with valid/invalid inputs under different scenarios.
- Involved in Functional Testing, GUI Testing and compatibility testing.
- Work with soap UI for generating API request and analyze the response success and failures of interfaces.
- Written and executed SQL queries and Joins, Group By clause, having clause etc. to validate the data.
- Designed, Executed and maintained automation test scripts in selenium WebDriver using Java, TestNG and Maven.
- Updated WSDL file as needed for Endpoint, Tested request and response XML. Added Assertions to validate the response xml with database.
- Involved in designing and implementing automation framework to be used with Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in Smoke Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Prepared daily/ weekly status reports on Test case execution, defects, RTM etc.
- Involved in planning test execution activities, defect reporting and analyzing test metrics.
- Set up Selenium tools from scratch and configured various other peripheral tools to perform Selenium test.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Maven, XPath, Eclipse, HTML, CSS, XML, Appium, Quality Center, SQL, agile, Oracle and Windows.
- Involved in developing test plan, test strategies, test scenarios, test scripts and test steps based on Business and System Use Cases.
- Executed Selenium tests for automation testing of the web application using Selenium Web Driver.
- Performed Functional tests using Selenium WebDriver with Data Driven framework.
- Wrote highly efficient and maintainable Java code to develop Page Objects using the Selenium Framework.
- Created test cases, test plans, tested API’s, wrote TestNG test cases, executed code coverage, wrote automation scripts using Selenium, executed database queries for testing purposes and led different projects in the shipping and checkout domain.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG functions which reads data from property and XML files.
- Developed Maven Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Identified and reported bugs using defect tracking tool HP Quality Center and presented bug reports for weekly status updates.
- Performed data accuracy, data validation and data integrity testing by querying the database using SQL queries to check the data table on server.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Page Object Model (POM), Data Driven Framework, Quality Center, HTML, CSS, Web Service, XPATH, XML, Oracle, SQL, Linux, Windows.
- Analyzed business requirements, documented business requirements specifications, wrote Test Plans, Test Cases.
- Worked with development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Worked under waterfall methodology.
- Executed Manual and Automated tests and reports defects by running automated tests, reviewing results of all tests and reporting anomalies into the defect tracking database, verifying the resolution of all defects for an assigned project.
- Prepared required documentation for testing signoff by various parties as required by the project plans.
- Assigned, Monitored and Tracked Tasks of Team Members.
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Uploaded test cases executed test cases and logged defects in Mercury Quality Center.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to track the requirements to the test cases to ensure complete test coverage in the Quality Center.
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Performed back end testing on oracle database by writing SQL quarries.
- Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
- Interacted closely with developers regarding defects, participated in tracking, reviewing and analyzing bugs.
- Worked extensively with business users to define scope and prepared ‘Documents of Understanding’ for various change requests by analyzing the feedback from user groups.
Environment: Java, Manual Tester, Quality Center, MS Visio, HTML, Oracle, VSS, UNIX.