Looking for an opportunity to work as Senior QA Engineer/Team Lead with excellent leadership and communication skills along with passion to overcome technical challenges by learning new tools and technologies.
- 7+ years of extensive experience in years of IT experience in Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing including Refined Fuel and Financial Services companies.
- Experienced in Leading QA Teams, writing Test plans, designing manual Test cases and Test scripts, reports, KPI’s etc. to support quality deliverables.
- Extensive experience Data ware house Testing using AGILE (SCRUM), WATERFALL methodologies.
- Experience in performing different types of testing such as Integration testing, Performance testing, Functional testing, Negative testing, Positive testing, System testing, Regression Testing, Adhoc Testing, Smoke Testing.
- Expertise in Testing tools such as UFT (QTP), Quality Center, ALM, JIRA, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and Team Foundation Studio (TFS).
- Experience with Performance Tuning using WCF Storm
- Hands on Experience with various Automation tools like QTP and UFT.
- Expertise in Oracle 10 and 11g, TeraData 12.0 and SQL Server database, using triggers, SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Experience working with huge volumes of data, analyzing record sets for Data Quality, Data Validation and Metrics using SQL queries.
- Provided Subject Matter Expert level knowledge on QA best practices, software’s and tools with ability to work independently and within team environments.
- A self - starter, team player, worked in fast-faced development environments with full commitment to the goals/deliverables.
- Involved in Peer to peer reviews, walkthroughs as a QA Team Lead.
- Strong analytical skills which include identifying, forecasting and problem solving.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/2007/Edge, Unix/Linux
Languages:: Core Java, C, C++, Dot Net, SQL
Databases:: SQL 2003,2005 & 2008, Sybase, Oracle
Software:: MS Excel, MS Word, QTP, JIRA, DB Artisian, HP-Quality Center, Test Complete, Eclipse, UNIX, Putty, ALM, TFS, New Relic, Oracle Enterprise Management (OEM), HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT), WCF Strom, REST API Service, Golden Benthic, Team Foundation Server(TFS), Soap UI, Postman
Confidential, Omaha, NE
QA Team Lead
- Team Lead for team of QA analysts with solid expertise in testing Buy/Sell Side Order Management Systems.
- Manage priorities when assigned to multiple teams. Additionally, assist QA Engineers in priority management.
- Creation of QA deliverables including requirements traceability matrix, test plans, test scripts, test cases, defect tracking and standardized reports such as root cause analysis report, progress report, KPI’s etc.
- Provided Subject Matter Expert level knowledge on QA best practices, softwares and tools.
- Working closely with team and manager to provide peer to peer feedback and options to improve the current processes/best practices.
- Coordinated the testing efforts across multiple teams and ensured best results from testing to meet the business requirements, quality thresholds and project deadlines.
- Lead numerous projects with small subset of team and coordinating efforts between different teams other than QA team like Development, OPS and Architects/Designers.
- Actively involved in Production Deployment and Defect Analysis while closely with designers/architects on enhancing and delivering the best architecture to the customer while considering data quality and testing strategies.
- Involved in Hot fixes to Production and moving the code from Different environments- PRE, CAT, Stage and LIVE.
- Act as liaison between business and dev/ops while being the single point of contact for QA.
- Expertized in understand requirements and preparing test plans along with leading the test plan reviews and planning sessions.
- Proficient in working closely with developers using SQL queries for data setup for boundary value testing and production scenarios. Create /Update Test plans with team (including estimating and maintaining a testing schedule).
- Prepared Test scenarios and Test cases to ensure coverage and conformance to requirements while doing in depth impact analysis and performing Functional, Regression Testing.
- Proficient in onboarding process for new team members by conducting knowledge transfer and sessions.
- Expertized in Web API based Testing using WCF Strom, REST API and Soap UI Tool
- Coordinating with Customer Support, Database Team and Operations team in case of rollouts or maintenance.
- Proficient in executing automated test scripts for regression and debugging the failed test cases for root cause analysis.
- Expert in performance testing and analyzing results using WCF Strom and Soap UI
- Including Load testing and analyzing results using customized tool.
Sr. Quality/Data Analyst
- Performed Gap analysis in co-ordination with the QA manager and developers.
- Conducted formal and informal design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues.
- Responsible for performing Integration testing, performance testing, whitebox testing, Functionality testing, Negative testing, Positive testing, Regression testing on the application.
- Was extensively involved in pre-production and post-production testing, understanding the requirements and preparing the test plans.
- QS Onsite Team Lead for the Project while performing negative and full regression testing.
- Expertise in validating Ad hoc Requirements provided by the business user during UAT/Production Validation.
- Create/Update Test plans (including estimating and maintaining a testing schedule) along with identifying, researching, reporting, tracking and verifying software defects proactively and comprehensively.
- Perform problem analysis and problem solution in a technical environment. Expertized in understand requirements and preparing test plans along with leading the test plan reviews and planning sessions.
- Managed an offshore team of QA testers assigning tasks, tracking defects and escalating issues in India.
- Wrote SQL queries to perform several tests on implementation of new Data Warehouse and tracked the defects using Quality Center tool along with generating defect summary reports.
- Documented software defects using bug tracking system while preparing status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases for upper management and regular project status updates.
- Managed all loading processes and data transformation processes while analyzing data and ensuring its data accuracy in conjunction with Environment Setup and System Performance evaluation.
- Evaluated more than 10 sources in different formats (xls, csv, clean files) at a given time which also includes 3rd party vendors to test the transformation logics like financial auto profits at daily basis.
- Proficient in performing ETL testing using SQL server as back end database to validate the data accuracy and completeness.
- Adept at using both manual and automated testing tools to troubleshoot systems, integration, user acceptance, positive and negative, functionality, object, and regression.
- Liaise with developers, business analysts, and user representatives in application design and document reviews.
- Performed full regression testing after deployment of every build, patch and fix.
- Performed Smoke test of the application and reported the status to all users of the test environment.
- Technical Proficiency/Aptitude - able to quickly pick up and retain technical information and processes.
- Designed test plans and defined cases for functional, integration system, and user acceptance testing Test Complete and QTP to aid Regression testing
- Supporting continuous improvement of the current test process
- Knowledge in writing basic SQL queries and end to end workflow
- Work with development teams to create test plans for enhancements and fixes on applications
- Work as a part of team to perform manual/automated functional, regression and performance testing on Data Invariant Layer project.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Executed manual and automated test scripts (front-end and back-end - using SQL queries), conducted daily defect meetings with development, compiled test results and updated senior management on project status for weekly MIS reporting.
- Created a central repository for test cases
- Established new and improved QA processes by developing test processes, test cases, and assigning and executing tests.
- Designed and implemented test strategies and resource forecasting for future releases.
- Work with peer discipline leads in Development, QA, and Product Management
- In depth knowledge of QA testing procedures and theory
- Agile and capable of dealing with stakeholders from different teams and at a senior level
- Ability to collaborate with product managers, developers, application support and help desk to improve product quality and increase productivity
- Execute test plans and create test reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.