I am currently looking for a position in an environment that offers challenges and growth with opportunities to enrich my knowledge and skills while contributing my best to help an organization advance efficiently and productively.
QA Engineer/ Lead experienced in web - based testing, API Testing, GUI testing, Regression testing, Functional testing, System Integration testing and the testing of custom applications in the following industries - staffing/ Job Board industry, Credit Reporting industry, Pharmaceutical industry, Retirement Services - Financial Industry, Airline Industry, and Voting System . Detail Oriented with strong communication, and Leadership skills. I have extensive experience working with management, developers and users. A total of over 25 years of IT experience which includes 20 years of QA experience, and 12 years of Team Lead experience.
Programming Languages: SQL, XML, HTML, C, C#
Software: , Microsoft Edge, FireFox, Safari, Chrome, HP QC 9 & 10, Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) 11.0, PeopleSoft (HR & Payroll Modules), MS SQL Studio 2012, Advanced REST Client, Mobile Service APIs, Integration Services, TOAD, MS Suite 2010, MS Visual Studio Enterprise 2015, Visio, Citrix Environments, Lotus Notes, JIRA, PVCS, File Aid, MS SQL Server, PostGres
Databases: Oracle 10g, DB2, SQL Server Management
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, MVS/ESA, UNIX, MAC OS 10.5, iOS 7 or higher, Android
Hardware: Standard PC’s, AS400, Macintosh, IBM mainframe, Mobile Phones
Methodologies: Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), TMAP, Agile Development, Rational Unified Process (RUP)
Automation Tools: QTP, Rational Team Test Suite, Mercury WinRunner, MS Web Performance Tool
Confidential, Centennial, CO
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
- Agile Methodology with 2 week Sprints
- Lead all testing efforts for the Job Board, which includes - Test Cases, Regression Test Suite, Test Execution, Bug Management, and Requirements refinement during Elaborations.
- Led testing efforts on overhaul of Jobseeker Portal, Backoffice App that is used by our internal sales team, and new eCommerce Portal for our external clients/employers who post jobs.
- Support Automation QA by writing test cases with Automation in mind and helping create or update automation when necessary.
- Test newly created APIs using Advanced REST Client.
- Agile Methodology with 2 week Sprints
- Lead all testing efforts for the Job Board which includes - Test Cases, Regression Test Suite, Test Execution, Bug Management, and Requirements refinement during Elaborations.
- Agile Methodology with 3 week Sprints
- Responsible for the testing of the GUI web based job boards as well as the mobile applications
- Responsible for the back end testing of the mobile services using APIs
- Responsible for the testing of Integration services from GUI (Web or mobile) to DB validation
Technologies: MS Visual Studio, MS SQL Management Studio V17.0, SQL, Advanced REST Client, Mobile Service APIs, Integration services, PostGres, MS Web Performance Tool, Mobile Testing
Confidential, Englewood, CO
Quality Assurance Engineer / Enterprise Lead
- Enterprise Lead of Settlement Program working with onshore and offshore resources
- QA previously had no previous experience performing testing on the AS400 Settlement System and was able to effectively get QA included in requirement discussions and develop a plan for QA effectiveness.
- Developed strategy of level of QA testing to be performed
- Managed a QA Settlement Pipeline of projects and worked with the Business to develop priorities.
- Enterprise Lead of Confidential Program which included up to 12 applications (12 QA Leads)
- Required coordination of several QA and Development groups
- Developed strategy of testing to be performed and how it was to be performed
- Conducted Project Risk Analysis with project team to determine project risks and testing priorities.
- QA Lead of successful implementation of PeopleSoft Production support tasks
- QA Lead of successful implementation of PeopleSoft Upgrade from Version 8.0 to 9.1.
- Worked with 3rd Party vendor to blend processes for defect management and test execution.
- Created Test Execution statistics spreadsheet to manage day to day execution
- QA Lead for Confidential, Phase IV, Iteration 3 application which includes - creating test plan, test cases, setting up test data, test execution, and defect management.
Technologies: PeopleSoft 9.1, Internet Explorer 8.0, HP ALM 11.0, TOAD, SQL, AS400, Citrix
Confidential, Englewood, CO
Senior Test Engineer
- Responsible for production support testing of the PeopleSoft Payroll and HR modules which includes - creating test cases, setting up test data, test execution, and defect management.
- Ability to complete tasks on time and under budget while managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Responsible for testing the Confidential, Phase IV, Iteration 1 application which includes - creating test cases, setting up test data, test execution, and defect management.
- Assigned Test Lead for Confidential, Phase IV, Iteration 2 project after previous Lead did not meet expectations with the business; was able to change perception of QA by developing effective and efficient processes for a successful implementation of the next iteration. Business perception changed as a result and was recommended to work on future projects as a QA Lead. - The changes that were made were the following: communicate regularly with the project team; set expectations prior to QA test execution; constant review meetings with Development and Business for Requirements and test cases as well as a Code Review/ Unit Test Case Review meeting prior to test execution;
- Work with Business on prioritizing test cases according to risk - High, Medium, Low implement a new process for QA to have a 1st pass test run based on risk (start with High risk first) with one build instead of multiple builds which reduced the number of test iterations for execution and was able to find the greatest amount of defects in a short time.
- Provided Ideas on improving the SDLC process within the project to become more efficient and effective during QA test execution which included a 1st pass execution phase in which QA attempts to complete all high-risk test cases during the first build before allowing a new build in QA environment.
- Created a Detailed Cost Estimate spreadsheet to more accurately forecast QA estimates for a project.
Technologies: PeopleSoft 8.9, Internet Explorer 8.0, HP Quality Center 9.0, TOAD, SQL
Confidential, Denver, CO
Lead Quality Analyst
- Responsible for leading a team of 10 people for assigning tasks, provided guidance for interpretation of Federal and State Regulatory requirements, and first contact for vendor correspondence.
- Responsible for the daily compilation of discrepancies reported by the team, updates of discrepancies from vendor responses, and validating vendor responses to discrepancies to their conclusion.
- Worked closely with vendors to resolve discrepancies and to provide additional details when needed.
- Responsible for the daily status report that was published to upper management, vendors, and Confidential .
- Responsible for the creation of the master requirements matrix which contained over 3,000 federal and state requirements that were traced to multiple test cases.
- Responsible for the reconstruction and design of all test cases done in Microsoft Excel for the project which improved the following: Workflow, distribution of requirements, clear description of how each requirement is being tested, formatting of test procedures
- Responsible for performing internal audits on team tasks which included the following: Test Cases, Discrepancies, Trace of requirements to the master matrix, and test execution of test cases
Technologies: Voting Machine Firmware, Scanner Firmware, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer 7.0, Reports