- QA Automation Engineer with 8+ years of extensive experience in the IT industry with emphasis in Quality Assurance, Testing, Analysis, and Documentation.
- Extensive experience in Manual Testing and Automation testing tools like Selenium, Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, JAVA, JUnit & Maven.
- Designed and implemented different automation frameworks from starch like Page Objects framework, Data Driven framework, and Hybrid framework for several projects.
- Experience in writing the test cases, executing the test cases and defect reporting.
- Experience working with release management procedures, test methodologies and software defect management.
- Experience in continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Lead UAT sessions and test execution in production like environment with minor enhancement and debugging using Java/Eclipse, Soap UI.
- Well versed with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience in writing SQL queries for database testing and data validations.
- Experience in setting up Test Environment, End to End testing including execution of Smoke Testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Regression Testing.
- Experience working in Waterfall, V Model & Agile (Scrum/RAD) Methodologies.
- Experience in Design, Development, and Execution of Test cases, Test scenarios and Test plans.
- Proven ability in developing BDD scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions for behavior.
- Depending on specific requirements, wrote effective manual and automated test cases and automated frameworks; performed software defect tracking and regression for identified software release.
- Experience in client interaction and triage meetings.
- Quick learner, Self - motivated, Excellent analytical, and team player.
- Experience with source control environments (GIT).
- Experience working with Business Analysts and Developers to ensure test cases are of high quality.
- Experience in performing impact analysis due to changes in requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, documentation skills, problem solving skills with a strong technical background.
- Experience in Data driven Testing, Cross browser testing and Parallel Test execution using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and selenium Grid.
- Good written, communication, interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical mind bent to problem solving and delivering solutions.
Operating systems : Windows, Mac OS
Databases : MS Access, SQL Server, ORACLE and MYSQL.
Automated Testing Tools : Selenium, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Cucumber
Methodologies : Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Build Tools : Maven
Continuous Integration Tool : Jenkins
Bug Tacking Tools : Bugzilla and JIRA
Test Frameworks : Junit, TestNG, Hybrid, Data driven,
Tools & Utilities : MS-Office, Outlook
Web Technologies : HTML, CSS, XML and CSS Selector
Confidential, Foster City, CA
Automation QA Engineer
- Involve in the design review and develop use cases for specific modules.
- Maintaining and updating the test cases as per the changes in the requirements.
- Work closely with developers to communicate QA issues, testing status and with the testing teams
- Extensively automated regression and functional test suites by developing over 237 test cases, 6 test suites using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, TestNG.
- Responsible for reviewing technical requirements, functional and non-functional specification, project schedules, documentation and test plans.
- Responsible for creating and customize test scripts in Java by using TestNG format, Page object model and Maven.
- Prepare Test plans for Functional, Integration and System Testing.
- Conduct Unit Testing, System Testing, Functionality Testing and Configuration Testing including Black Box testing.
- Involve in UAT testing along with clients and user groups.
- Designing automation test suites for regression and smoke testing using knowledge of java programming language and Selenium WebDriver.
- Perform Input Validations, User Interface Validations, Browser Compatibility testing and Navigation testing.
- Maintaining and updating the test cases as per the changes in the requirements.
- Using JIRA to report, track and analyze the bugs.
- Involve in querying using SQL and updating records and validate database records as expected.
- Check for the HTML, text content, hypertext links, images, image links, frames, tables and standard properties of a web page
- Participate in change request Walk Through and test execution estimates.
- Handled User Acceptance Test (UAT) and Documented UAT defects and updated the development team for changes
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid, Windows, Maven, Jenkins, Web Logic, Oracle, SQL, Java.
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
Automation QA Analyst
- Extensively worked on automation testing using Selenium and web-services testing using soap UI involving multi-services test scenarios execution.
- Experience in the Agile Methodology environment and contributed in the Requirement Analysis, Test Design, Development & Maintaining automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Highly involved in testing of Customer service, Household service, Activity service, Security service, Diagnosis service and Redemption web services involving over 15 sub - services.
- Developed Data Driven frameworks to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files and SQL Databases.
- Extensively involved in writing and testing the test cases using JUnit.
- Utilized testing tool JUnit extensively for the integration testing and unit testing.
- Worked in a team of ten developers with two testers in agile methodology.
- Involved in designing of Test Plan, Identifying Test Scenarios and Executing the Test Cases.
- Involved in Regression testing, Ad-hoc testing, System Testing and GUI Testing.
- Involved in developing/designing Automation Test Scenarios.
- Utilized knowledge of XML and experience of SOAP UI tool in Web Services testing.
- Designed and developed Test Cases for automated testing using Selenium, JUNIT and Eclipse IDE.
- Setup and Configured the testing environment with Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver, JUNIT, TestNG.
- Converted all manual test cases into Selenium automated scripts using Java.
- Provided management with analyzed test results and provided recommendation for performance improvements as needed in the Daily SCRUM meetings.
- Executed Smoke Test at the end to ensure proper functionality of enhanced services.
- Recorded and enhanced scripts with different checkpoints.
- Conducting Retesting with multiple sets of test data using Data Driven Approach.
- Identified and logged the defects based on the User Stories in JIRA.
- Assisted manager by providing automation strategies, Selenium/Cucumber Automation and JIRA reports.
- Compatibility and app security validation using different browsers XP, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox like mobile data driven testing framework, Keyword view framework.
- Strong communication skills as involved working with both Technical and non - technical resources. Verified the back-end reflection in the database by establishing connection to the database and by executing SQL queries both in manual and automation process.
- Created test cases from Release Notes, executing test cases, analyzing and interpreting results and reporting defects in JIRA.
Environment: JUnit, Selenium Web Driver, MS Office 2007, Soap UI, JIRA, Fire Bug, SQL Developer.
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
Automation QA Analyst
- Analyzed Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, System Use Case Documents.
- Developed Test Scripts using QTP 8.2/QTP 9.2 for Functional, Integration Testing and Smoke testing.
- Wrote UAT Test cases from Business Requirement Document (BRD) and updating existing test cases based on enhanced requirements using HP Quality Center.
- Used VBScript to code the Test Automation Scripts and modified existing scripts as per the Requirements.
- Prepared Test Data for Test environment at different level of testing.
- Created test scripts using both recording and programming. While recording test, we insert checkpoints like Standard, Text, and Database, to check the behavior of the application.
- Participated in a test automation tool selection process for an automated component testing harness in a JAVA, .NET environment. Performed static analysis of source code using complexity metrics.
- Reported and tracked defects using test management tool Quality center 9.0.
- Experienced in working on various Check points (Standard, Database, XML and Text) and Parameterization of the values using Quick Test Pro.
- Experienced in writing and executing Test Plans and Test Cases, developing and maintaining test Scripts for both manual and automated testing using Test Director.
- Conducted Regression Testing, Functional Testing, and Black Box Testing on various builds of the application and reported the defects to the developers using Test Director for the bug fixing and t racking.
- Developed and implemented test suites, which include features like Data Driven database, batch and function. compare the DB Stored Date value with System value.
- Performed Backend Testing by using SQL statements for the purpose of database integrity.
- Participated in requirements meetings (RSD) and detail design meetings to understand the functional requirements of the application to come up with test scenarios, test f low and test procedures.
- Interacted with development team and BA team for issue resolution.
- Software Analysis, Debugging and Testing for Product Enhancement.
Environment: HP Quality Center, HP QTP, Java, J2EE, MQ Series, Windows 2012 Server.
Confidential- Mahwah, NJ
Quality Assurance Analyst
- I was actively involved with the testing team to carry out testing orderable from each modality and ensure that every piece of information was filtered properly to the respective ancillary systems.
- We also had to ensure that all orderable used at LHH were incorporated in the new system with the correct codes attached to them both in EDIS as well as in the ancillary systems.
- I was responsible for reviewing, execution and improvisation of UAT scripts for UAT testing.
- I was also responsible to test printer(s) compatibility with the new system and escalate issues to the Citrix team to fix errors.
- Involved in actively creating database of manual and automated tests, building and running test cycles and tracking and reporting defects using the Quality Center tool
- Inserted Check Points to Check for the broken Links, Text and standard properties of an object using QTP
- Functional Requirement testing and verification of a class 2 (FDA) medical device: installations, function, integration, migration, stability, performance, hazard, regression, use case, load, work flow etc.
- Identified Claims Management Work Flows, Business Rules and Developed Flow Charts and Activity Diagram.
- Performed database testing.
- Used Test Driven development (TDD) to write test cases for new modules. This not only helped save time but also facilitated the development process of the respective modules.
- Experience with COB (coordination of benefits) application with in facets, testing of claims status for selected subscribers.
- Performed manual testing claims and data integrity testing by executing SQL statements.
- Imported requirements, test scenarios and test cases from MS Excel/ MS Word to HP ALM QC 11.00
- Called external functions in VBScript
- Used Conditional and Looping feature of VBScript heavily.
- Involved in preparation of UAT documentation.
- Coordinated whole UAT process.
- Prepared UAT test strategy, test plan and test cases.
Environment: QTP, HP ALM Quality Center, SOAP UI, VB Script, MS Office, XML.
- Involved in reviewing and implementing Business Requirement Documents and the Technical Specification.
- Developed Test plan for the application using the Business Specifications.
- Developed test scripts for Functionality and data driven tests.
- Developed test cases for functional, regression by analyzing the specifications of Business document.
- Involved in designing and maintaining Requirements Tractability Matrix (RTM).
- Created test cases and scenarios for Unit, Regression, Integration as well as Back-end, GUI and System testing.
- Evaluated the Functionality of the business logic.
- Checked the data flow through the front and backend and used SQL queries to extract the data from the database.
- Wrote SQL Queries for validating the data integrity.
- Conducted the System integration testing of the application manually for different Modules.