- Over 6 years of experience in manual and automation testing using selenium for Software Quality Assurance (SQA). Hands on experience in quality assurance and software testing of web based applications to secure a position as a software test engineer/analyst in a company where I can utilize my expertise knowledge and technical skills.
- Experience in testing with client/server and web - based applications, SOAP API, and RESTFUL API Web Service Testing.
- Experienced with Postman, SOAP UI, and Parasoft for Web Service Testing.
- Experience with testing in agile/scrum environment and excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Working in an existing framework which was built for Web with Hybrid Framework (Selenium WebDriver, Java using Data Driven Testing, TestNG and used Extent Reports for automation script as well).
- Involved BDD/Cucumber framework with Java and Selenium WebDriver. Used Page Object Model (POM) to design project and executed in Step definition class.
- Identified Software defects and reported those defects in Bug Tracking Tools e.g. Jira and worked side by side with developers to fix the bug. Provided enough information to the bug for quick catch and fix. Using TestRail for writing test case. Proficient in using Quality Center/HP ALM.
- Developed test approaches/test strategy. Wrote test plans, test case and test data for web application.
- Performed Ad-Hoc Testing, Exploratory Testing , Smoke Testing , Regression Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) .
- Reviewed product requirement documents, functional specifications, and involved in developing Test Strategy, Test Plan and Test Case documents.
- Participated in Sprint planning meeting and collaborated with Developers, Architecture and Product Owners.
- Experienced working in UNIX/LINUX and Windows environments
- Work with developers and program managers to ensure all functions of application are correct. Report any defects. Update and create test cases as needed.
- Analyzing the Business Requirements for stories, developed automation script to validate the acceptance criteria for functionality.
- Expert on how to setup and run the tests for multiple browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari) and Interacted with Business Analysts and Software Developers for bug reviews and participated in QA meetings.
- Used Firebug for Web Object identification and Dev tool for network log and connection debugging.
- Used Git as code repository to share my code to fellow team member and ran my code in Continuous Integration Server like Jenkins where we build our project periodically and during any deployment.
- Run parallel and cross browsing testing in Sauce Labs, Selenium Grid and generate txt file using Log4j for automation report.
- Wrote SQL statements in script to retrieve data from database in order to verify accurate data stored in database as well as back end testing.
- Provided weekly test status and updated the testing progress.
Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows 7 and 8, Red Hat LINUX, UNIX AIX
Testing Tools: Selenium Webdriver, Selenium Grid, Katalon
Language: Java, Java Script, VB Script, C++
Continuous Integration Tools: GoCD, Jenkins
Version Control / Code Repository: Git, GitHub, SVN, ClearCase
Project Build / Framework: JUnit, TestNG, Maven, BDD/CucumberRobot Framework, ATDD
IDE: Eclipse, Brackets, Intellij
Databases and Client server: MySQL, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, SQLite, Oracle SQL Developer, DbVisualizer
Project Management & Bug tracking tools: Jira, Rally, Quality Center/ALM, TestRail
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall Networking & Protocol / Tools http, https, Putty, WinSCP, FileZilla
Cloud Test: Sauce Labs
Application: MS Office Suite
Reporting Tools: Log4j, Extent Report
Virtual Machine Software: VMWare, Oracle VirtualBox
Communications: Slack, MS Outlook, Skype for Business, WebEx
Confidential, Denver, Colorado
QA Test Engineer
- Work with Offshore Team (Automation).
- Gathered specifications and requirements prior to testing. Test requirements were then documented in Jira.
- Worked on Agile/Scrum development environment with frequently changing requirements and features sets. Delivered well-designed and written test cases to the project. Meet daily with Business analysts, Product Staff and Development on Test Issue and Requirements.
- Working with product designers, business analysts and developers at all stages to promote quality. Primary responsibility for identifying problems with the software and design, involves close interaction with the development and support team members.
- Working simultaneously with multiple requirements/projects concurrently in a matrix managed environment. Plan and produce test case steps in Jira. Execute manual tests.
- Collaborated within and outside test team to achieve desired end result. Took part in delivery scope meeting and initiated testing process to deliver high quality product. Accountable for timely and quality test deliverables throughout the project life cycle.
- Produce and prioritize bug reports, reproduce bug reports using Jira. Coordinate with the development/support teams to ensure required test platforms are available. Prepared deliverables such as Test summary reports and Test metrics documents based on coverage. Write SQL queries to access data from the database tables and validated the result.
- Run Smoke/sanity, Ad-hoc testing and also exploratory testing to the developers machine.
- Performed regression, functionality, system, front-end, back-end, negative and positive tests. Wrote automation script using Java/Selenium WebDriver.
- Validated database operations by executing SQL statements against the back-end database.
- Participated in daily and weekly team and task and review meetings.
- Interacted with the QA managers for the regular updated of projects.
Environmen t: Java/J2EE, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, AIX, Jira Agile, UNIX, Selenium Grid, Selinum WebDriver, WinSCP/Putty, Tomcat, JBoss, WAS, Flex, TestNG, Log4j, Git-Hub, GoCD, Jenkins, Postman, SOAP UI, IE10.
Confidential, Denver, Colorado
- Reviewed Requirement Documents, functional specification. Evolved in developing testing scope, strategy, test requirements and necessary resources. Developed Test Cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Performed functional, Regression, Database testing. Performed reviews of the test scripts written by others team members against the requirements and suggested any enhancements required.
- Tested Smoke/sanity, ad-hoc testing and also run exploratory testing to the developer’s machine.
- Testing data and control flow to ensure that the consistency of business logic is maintained on version upgrade.
- Produce and prioritize bug reports, reproduce bug reports using HP Quality center. Coordinate with the development/support teams to ensure required test platforms are available. Prepared deliverables such as test summary reports and test metrics documents based on coverage. Wrote SQL queries to access data from the database tables and validate the result.
- Developed Tests in Test Plan module in Quality Center for functional, End to End, Smoke and Regression testing. Created/Updated detailed test steps in Test Plan module. Validated test cases through review meetings.
- Executed tests in Test Lab. Reported bugs through quality center and validated bug fixes. Presented bug reports, defect age reports in weekly team meetings.
- Defects were identified and reported to the development team using Quality Center.
- Generated reports in the Quality Center to show the run status of the test scripts and participated in the meetings to walk through the defect reports periodically.
- Responsible for Weekly Status reports showing the progress of the testing effort.
- Involved in weekly meetings with the development team to resolve technical issues.
- Actively participated in enhancement meetings and was responsible for weekly status updates, troubleshoot new releases and production issues content.
Environment: J2EE (EJB, Java, Servlets, JSP), UNIX, LINUX, Selenium WebDriver, WinSCP, Putty, Tomcat, JBoss WinRunner, Quality Center, Oracle, SQL server, IE 10/Windows.