- Over Six years of IT experience and expertise in Software Quality Assurance Testing, Analysis, Validation and Documentation of Web Based, GUI, and Mainframe applications.
- Extensively experienced in testing of various industries.
- Experienced in developing and analyzing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, Test Data, execution of regression Test Scripts and analyzing Test Results.
- Well - versed with software QA testing procedure.
- Experienced in participating in all type of reviews including Project Requirements, design documents, business documents, Test Cases, Test log and Defects.
- Strong Quality Assurance experience within agile environment as well as waterfall.
- Extensively experienced in all phases of testing include Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, System testing, Backend testing, Regression testing, and User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Collaborating with development team using JIRA.
- Experienced with defect tracking and Test Management tool using HP Quality Center/ALM.
- Extensively experienced with all HP Quality Center/ALM modules Management, Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, Defects and Dashboard.
- Proficient in Backend Testing and Data Integrity Testing using SQL and PL/SQL Queries.
- Strong Knowledge in developing Hybrid Driven Framework, Business Process Testing Framework (BPT), Keyword Driven Framework, and Data Driven Framework using QTP/UFT.
- Experienced in setting up the Automated Testing Environment for creating, and running automated tests using QTP/UFT.
- Strong hands on experience in design User defined functions, Descriptive Programming and VB Script.
- Experienced in executing, maintaining Test Scripts and updating when the business rules change.
- Experienced in testing various web services using SOAP UI tool.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; highly dedicated to produce professional work with highest quality and creativity.
- Team player and self-starter committed to Organization, Quality and strived to improve customer satisfaction.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Requirement Management
- Application Support Onsite/Offshore model
- Quality Assurance
- QA Automation
- User Acceptance Testing
- Business Analysis
- Team Management
DBMS: Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PL/SQL
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, Quick Test Pro (QTP), HP ALM, HP UFT, JIRA, Soap UI
Process/ Tools: UML, Use case diagrams, Rational Unified Process (RUP), MS Project, MS Visio, MS Excel, Agile/SCRUM
Confidential, Springfield, IL
QA Automation Analyst
- Analyzed business requirement documents and functional requirement documents and was involved in all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to analyze web based application, design, develop and maintain test automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, Core JAVA in Eclipse IDE.
- Conducted bi-weekly meetings with the project and team members to update the testing progress and to escalate any issues.
- Performed Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, Smoke Testing, and End-to-End Testing.
- Responsible for Backend REST API Testing using Postman.
- Conducted UAT and worked closely with business users to obtain system acceptance.
- Interacted with the Development team and the Environment team in prioritizing the defect list and validating known bug fixes.
- Tested REST Web services and validated RESTful response.
- Handled multiple iframes and framesets to switch between/navigate through frames and performed necessary actions on the web elements.
- Produced test plans, executing and evaluating test cases, and developing automated regression test suites using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created testing data needed to execute manual and automated test cases using Data Driven Frameworks.
- Prepared the Test Results document which summarizes testing activities and results.
- Performed Regression testing, Positive and Negative testing.
- Verified the data in database through SQL statements and executed stored procedures and triggers.
- Tested Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox and Safari using TestNG and Maven on Selenium grid.
- Conducted GUI validations on menu bars, toolbars, textboxes, radio buttons, checkboxes, drop down lists, combo boxes, list boxes using Selenium
Environment: Agile, Maven, POSTMAN, Rally, Java, XPath, Windows, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Java, HTML, SQL Server.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
QA Automation Analyst
- Worked in all phases of project starting from requirement gathering, analysis, design and development, deployment to production, testing, implementation, production support, documentation, reviews and user training .
- Designed Test Plans and developed Test Cases.
- Created automated scripts and stored them in the repository.
- Participated in Test Case and Test Script Review meetings.
- Analyzed Test Design documents and generated Base Line Tests using IBM Rational Clear Case.
- Worked on QA Environment, Test Data clean-up, Test Plan preparation.
- Tested Applications in Development, Staging, and Production environments.
- Tested SAAS client applications and completed system testing of all modules with Agile methodology.
- Efficiently managed and reported defects using JIRA.
- Wrote Test plan, created the Test matrix, and developed Test Cases using HP ALM.
- Documented the Bugs and generated status reports and Bug reports and presented them in weekly status meetings using HP ALM.
- Participated in UAT testing team.
- Delivered UAT documentation to the BA to make recommendations on changes to the applications.
- Gathered business needs and document requirements for technical team.
- Validated the Front end data with the Back end Data by querying the database using SQL queries.
- Used UFT to develop and execute automated test scripts for Functional and Regression testing.
- Created test suits of UFT scripts and executed from ALM for regression testing of the application and developed Custom function in UFT.
- Parameterized UFT scripts for use with varied, controlled test input values like runtime-generated, user-defined, or from data sources.
- Created a startup script using Automation Object model that standardizes UFT.
- Developed automation Framework using UFT.
- Enhanced the UFT script by inserting VBScript function and check points to check for broken links, text, Table, XML, Image and Synchronization point to capture upload time.
- Performed Data-Driven, Text Output values by using global and local spreadsheets in UFT for testing multiple data.
- Performed Web services and workflows testing using SOAP UI.
- Supported project managers in executing and coordinating QA and defect management activities along multiple platforms and systems to ensure critical applications are delivered with no critical issues.
- Responsible for generating standard defect reports and graphs for daily status meeting.
- Actively involved in communication with the client and worked according to the client schedule for the entire application.
- Generated Weekly Status Reports to the team manager & participated in weekly status meeting with Team members, Team managers, Business Analysts & Technical Team participating in Project review meetings.
Environment: HTML, HP ALM, HP UFT, MS Project, MS Visio, Java, J2EE, Java Script, VB Script, XML, SQL Server, MS Word, Windows, SOAP UI, JIRA, UNIX, C, C++, C#, .Net.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Generated Test Scripts as per system, architecture and data synchronization requirements.
- Prepared the Manual Test cases and reviewed the test cases.
- Involved in Test Script evaluation along with the Test Manger, Business Analyst, Client and the Development Team.
- Developed Traceability Matrix to map Business & Functional requirements with Test Cases.
- Involved in creating Use Cases using MS Visio.
- Managed defects from submission through resolution with vendors, system analysts, QA and client development teams.
- Performed sanity, smoke, system, positive, negative and regression testing.
- Worked with project management tools such as JIRA.
- Used HP ALM for maintaining the Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Execution, Defect management and Bug Reporting.
- Used HP ALM to track, report, and manage defect throughout the test cycle and attended Defect Status Meeting on daily basis during testing cycle.
- Verified database information by employing SQL queries for data accuracy and consistency.
- Used SQL Queries to validate the data in the Oracle databases.
- Developed automation scripts for functional, and regression test using UFT.
- Wrote VBScript to manipulate the objects and controls of the application under test.
- Involved in creating, enhancing and maintaining high-end object repository using UFT.
- Designed and developed UFT framework for architectural systems.
- Designed and developed automated test scripts using SOAPUI.
- Isolated and simplified problems discovered during testing so that developers can fix them easily.
- Attended various meeting with the developers, client and management team to discuss major defects found during testing, enhancement issues and future design modification.
Environment: HP ALM, UFT, HTML, JIRA, Soap UI, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, VBScript, Java, Java Script, .Net, C, C++, MS SQL Server, Web Services, Windows, UNIX.
Confidential, Signal Hill, CA
- Involved in analyzing System Requirements and developing detailed Test Plan.
- Involved in all phases of testing from attending BRD review meeting to release testing in different test environments.
- Tested website performing content validation and capability testing.
- Involved in testing of the online web application.
- Performed Functional Testing, Data Validation Testing, GUI Testing, Positive Testing Negative testing, Localization Testing, End To End Testing, User Acceptance Testing.
- Created Test Cases in Quality Center/ALM, mapped Test Cases to Requirements using Requirements Coverage, and Maintained test Cases, reports etc. in Quality Center/ALM.
- Investigated software bugs and interfaced with developers to resolve technical issues using Quality Center/ALM.
- Reported the bugs using Quality Center/ALM and tracked the bugs till closed.
- Created SQL queries for backend testing and data integrity testing.
- Involved in Functional testing of the system using both manual testing and automation tool QTP/UFT.
- Performed Integration testing, system testing, Regression testing using QTP/UFT.
- Developed automated test scripts using VBScript in QTP/UFT to facilitate Regression testing on multiple releases.
- Modified the Automated QTP/UFT Scripts for regular release screen changes and to support regular functional changes.
- Parameterized QTP/UFT scripts for using with varied, controlled test input values.
- Conducted test case walkthroughs with Development and Design teams.
- Developed Test Execution Matrices during the test cycle.
- Maintained Defect tracking worksheets for effective tracking of defects.
- Reported weekly status updates to project manager regarding test team progress.
- Participated in various meetings to discuss Enhancements.
- Involved mainly testing the applications, comparing and verifying the requirements and writing test cases as well.
Environment: Quality Center/ALM, QTP/UFT, Java, Java Script, C/C++, TOAD, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows, PHP, HTML, Agile, MS Word, UNIX, MS Excel.