Over 6+ years of experience in Information Technology in the field of Software Quality Assurance & Testing in Client Server , Web & Mobile Applications . Expertise in conceptualizing, designing and coding technical solutions using Java/J2EE, C#, .Net technology stacks. Extended expertise in QA in Manual and Automated Software Testing using QTP , SOAP UI , Quality Center , Software Quality Assurance Testing and Selenium .
- Experience on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and methodologies like Waterfall, Agile/Scrum.
- Experience in analyzing business specification documents, designing and developing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Hands on experience in Test Automation frameworks using several automation tools like Selenium Web Driver/Grid, HP QTP/UFT, TestNG, Junit, JMeter, HP - LoadRunner, Performance center, HP-ALM/Quality center, Ant/Maven, JIRA/Confluence, Jenkins.
- Expertise in Functional, Regression, Load/Stress/Performance, System Integration, UAT and API Testing.
- Experience in creating suitable framework from scratch or can adopt existing frameworks as well.
- Experience in creating Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid frameworks using Page Object Model design pattern and integrating web and mobile platform executions for both Android and iOS.
- Experience in developing Test Scripts in VB Script using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- High potential in deriving test cases from Use Cases and Use Cases from System Requirement Specifications (SRS).
- Hands on experience in developing Appium scripts using both Java and Python languages for mobile applications, identifying objects using UI Automator tool for Android and Appium Inspector for IOS with XCode expertise usage.
- Expertise in performing Android Emulators & IOS Simulators for Mobile Automation Testing using Appium for Native, Hybrid and Web Based mobile applications.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office tools (MS-Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access).
- Proficient in Web service testing using SOAPUI tool, SOAP, XML and expert in reading WSDL.
- Experience in writing Acceptance tests in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) framework using Cucumber tool in Gherkins.
- Good experience in Defect Life Cycle Management tools like Quality Center (QC), JIRA, and Bugzilla.
- Good exposure and implementation knowledge on HP-ALM (Application Lifecycle Management).
- Experience with version control tools like TFS (shareware), GIT, stash, Bit bucket, CVS, SVN.
- Solid experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Team city, TFS.
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) approaches.
- Expertise in implementing cross browser and cross platform testing using Selenium Grid and Sauce labs by setting Desired Capabilities.
- Expertise in creating LoadRunner Scenarios and scheduled the Virtual User to generate realistic load on server using HP-LoadRunner.
- Solid SQL skills can write complex SQL queries, functions, triggers and stored procedures for Backend testing and End-to-End testing.
- Implemented mobile automation frameworks using Appium and developed Appium scripts using Selenium and java to Android and IOS platforms.
- Experience in developing various reports and metrics to measure and track testing effort and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and documentation skills. Quick learner and excellent team player having ability to meet tight deadlines and works under pressure.
- Experience in unit testing, functional testing, Regression Testing, user acceptance testing (UAT), integration testing, system testing, performance testing, White Box Testing, Black Box testing, sanity testing, exception testing, API Testing, Cross browser testing, compatibility testing & security testing.
- Jenkins implementation of Regression suite to run every day after all builds is successful and at auto Git checkouts & continues delivery & implemented handy environment for manual & developers with parametrize Jenkin Jobs.
- Regularly assess testing progress and prepare test status report for management. Communicate with QA manager about testing progress, needs and any organizational/quality/technical risk/issue that might have an impact on the ability of the testing team to perform testing activities, developed auto reporting to all levels of managers.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID, Mercury QTP, HP Quality Center, JUnit, Cucumber, Firebug, Fire Path, TestNG, JXL, SOAPUI, LISA 4.6.7, LISA 4.6.4Coded UI, Manual Testing, Appium (Mobile Testing)
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI, Web Services, SOAP UI
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center (9, 10, 11.0), Visual Studio TFS (2008, 2010, 2012), JIRA.
Databases Technologies: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, OLAP and OLTP, Oracle 9i/10g, MS Access 2000, TSQL, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, MYSQL
Confidential, Eagan, MNQA Analyst /Manual/Automation
- Implemented automation using Selenium Web driver, JAVA, Selenium Grid, Appium, UI Automator, XCode, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, GitHub.
- Created test plans and test cases as they related to testing project requirements to ensure the overall quality of software delivered.
- Coordinated with Project Managers, Development Team, Business Analysts, and End-Users for better quality testing. Worked closely with business team to understand the requirement Document in creating Test Plan, Test Strategy and created Automation environment based on Document notes.
- Performed functional, regression and UAT Testing extensively used Selenium WebDriver and Appium Driver.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Developed the Parameterized Jenkins jobs to give handy execution for all types of testing from other teams and manual team and BAT facility for developers without any cost and setting up the Linux environment for them.
- Good Knowledge on technical and Automation script development skills (Selenium, Java) and used frameworks, design approaches, and various effective implementation techniques.
- Extensively used Apache POI library to get data from Excel Sheets.
- Used Selenium Grid to execute automation suites on different platform, browser combination in parallel.
- Responsible for Git maintenance with code reviews and maintaining the pull requests and guiding the interdependencies.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed and Maven Project Object Model (POM).
- Involved in querying using SQL and updating records and validate database records as expected.
- Performed Backend testing to verify the data integrity by passing SQL Queries.
- Used Firebug and Fire Path to identify and locate elements as needed, along with creating custom X path for dynamically changing elements.
- Performed SOAPUI web service testing and Asserted.
- Automated IOS and Android app using Appium Java-client library.
- Performed the application compatibility in the Versions of Chrome, Mozilla, fire fox, Safari and Internet explorer browsers using Selenium Grid and executed from Jenkins.
- Used Sauce Labs to execute Selenium automation suites on different platform; performed browser combinations in parallel.
- Generated TestNG and Allure reports to view detailed test execution reports.
- Prioritizes and executes functional tests and regression tests.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed, and compared using HP Quality Center/ALM.
- Developed test scripts using Cucumber (Gherkins) annotations for BDD related projects, organized and managed feature files efficiently.
- Performed Input Validations, User Interface Validations, Browser Compatibility testing and Navigation testing.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to communicate detailed technical analysis.
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in scrum and sprint meetings.
- Attended the daily Bug review meetings, weekly status meetings and walkthroughs and interacted with Business Analysts and Developers for resolving Defects.
- Participated and initiated team meetings on a regular basis and involved in active discussion to improve the testing quality by better strategies and testing approach.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Grid, SQL Server, Python, Git, Oracle, SOA testing, JAVA, J2EE, Gherkin, Agile, Groovy Scripting, Python Scripting, DOM, Cucumber, Sonar Cube, JMeter, HP ALM Quality Center, BDD, Appium, Perfecto, End to End Testing, Protractor, HP Load Runner, Jenkins, UAT, SOAP UI, REST, JAVA Script, Regression Testing, white box testing, Maven, Apache POI, Eclipse, XCode, TestNG, Windows, Linux, iOS.
Confidential, Englewood, CO
QA Automation Test Engineer
- Worked on Analyzing business requirements/system requirements/functional testing requirements and built enterprise applications
- Executed automated tests in Java using Selenium, TestNG
- Reviewed Test Documents in coordination with client, development team and stakeholders including functional teams and business analysts.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver to automate solutions that was previously a manual process.
- Strong Experience in using open source testing solutions like Spec, Cucumber, SoapUI, Selenium Web Driver, Gherkin-Cucumber JVM, Appium, Calabash.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Basic Knowledge on wireless Bluetooth protocols.
- Automation and Manual testing of Bluetooth protocols - Baseband, Link manager and Link Layer.
- Integrated Appium with Sauce Labs for distributing tests on the cloud.
- Experience working with cloud-based platforms like Sauce Labs and Browser Stack for grid setup.
- Responsible to run automation scripts in Sauce Labs.
- Performing Functional, Regression, GUI, Usability testing using Selenium 2.0 with Java using Page Object Model in Junit/TestNG framework and using Continues Integration CI Jenkins to ensure web application is automatically tested via scripts.
- Implemented the project using Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, JAVA, Selenium Grid.
- Experience in developing python scripts for automation and performing functional tests and data validation.
- Wrote Test Scripts in Python to automate the process for loading customer's data.
- Worked on Python scripting to do functional testing.
- Enhance the Python based framework by creating and modifying functions.
- Strong Automated Test tool proficiency with Practical experience on any Automation framework/ scripting like Selenium using Python, Java Script or any other open source automation technologies.
- Created all Test Plans, Test Cases and Manual and Automated Scripts like Python to create greater coverage for all initiatives assigned.
- Experience and knowledge in testing web applications running on Java Script frameworks like Angular.js, Python.
- Automated AngularJS application module using protractor and Jasmine and created specs for various functional scenarios.
- Build Automation Scripts for Regression Testing using SOAPUI and developed Regression Test Scripts Groovy, Core Java for Selenium, J Behave and Cucumber.
- Written J Behave tests backed by Groovy and Selenium for automation testing.
- Expertise in writing J Behave and JUnit test suits.
- Work in an Agile team and follow scrum model deploying code to production every month
- Experience with source version control tools such as Git.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla etc.
- Design & Develop data driven framework using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG and Apache POI API
- Combined MVC pattern architecture concept, POM (page object model) and created a framework using Selenium WebDriver to automate Web Client.
- Implemented functional tests using java, TestNG/Junit framework and cucumber framework.
- Experience understanding the code written in different programming languages VB Script, Java Script and databases like Oracle, SQL Server.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Extensively experienced in designing, modifying, implementing and executing automation Test Scripts Using Appium with Selenium JAVA.
- Implemented automation using Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, and JAVA.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed project object model (POM).
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber. s
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and methodologies, with good experience in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Executed JMeter scenarios based on complex business scenarios with different monitors for Stress testing, Scalability testing, Failover testing, and Load testing.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL queries to validate the data in the backend.
- Contributed in developing Automation Framework that uses Java, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Performed Web Services testing using SOAP UI tool for functional and regression testing.
- Performed Manual Testing & Mobile Automation Testing using Appium.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing by using Appium.
- Performed Database Validation Testing using complex SQL queries using Inner/Outer joins. Involved in maintaining & uploading the Device Anywhere Scripts to Quality Center.
- Involved in testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called SOAP UI, HP Service Test for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Appium, TestNG, Maven, Java, Python, Grid, MySQL, Cucumber, Webservices, JSON, JAVA, J2EE,Gherkin, Groovy Scripting, Python, DOM, Test Plans, Git, HP ALM Quality Center, Protractor, JMeter, Jenkins, SOAP UI, REST, JAVA Script, Shell Scripting, XCode, Agile Methodology, iOS, Windows, Linux, Unix .
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Created Automation Test Scripts using Java TestNG, Selenium WebDriver/Grid and Git hub and Jenkins for CI.
- Involved in performing Functionality testing, Validation testing, Negative and Positive testing, Integration testing , testing manually on the first release of the application.
- Interacted with Business Analyst and Developers to understand the application architecture and testing strategy.
- Analyze business requirements, Software requirement specifications to create test plan and test cases for manual and automation testing using Selenium Web Driver.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the Scripts on different browsers.
- Implemented Selenium Grid to run Regression Tests on multiple nodes and browsers.
- Responsible for implementation of Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Java and integrated with Jenkins managed Test auto reporting and defect raise based acceptance criteria.
- Used Cucumber , Appium , X code for Native Mobile Application automation testing for iOS and Android platform
- Designing and developing test strategy, test plan, test cases and generating test reports and defect reports.
- Used Java programming features to enhance the test cases and optimize the code.
- Performed both single tests run and batch test executions of Selenium scripts for this application.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium and Published html test reports and shared with client.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools ( Jenkins ) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Experienced in data retrieving and executing stored procedure in SQL for database testing .
- Created detailed QA and UAT cases to validate the quality of the application.
- Involved in SOAP & REST based web services testing using SOAP UI PRO web services testing tool.
- Developed script and performed Web Services testing using SOAP UI pro tool for functional and regression testing.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using HP ALM and followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Applied Load Testing using JMeter and asynchronous node.js testing using Mocha.js.
- Executed the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android ) as per requirements using Appium tool.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, POM, Python, Java, Cucumber, SOAP, RESTFUL, C#, Microsoft Visual Studio, Hybrid/Data Driven Framework, Protractor, JMeter, Calabash(Android), Linux, Unix, Ruby, Ruby mine, Appium(for iOS) Apache POI, SQL, Bitbucket, JIRA, Maven, Hudson.
Manual / QTP Analyst
- Responsible for analyzing the business requirement and functional specifications to design tests and create test scenarios.
- Active participation in the stages of Agile Software Development Life cycle and having a good understanding of the requirements of the customer.
- Followed the SDLC process, used requirements documents to create testing strategy, test estimates, documenting test plans and identifying testing risks, and developing test scenarios and test cases.
- Worked collaboratively with Clients at Onshore to establish and maintain consistent test methodology and resolve any requirements ambiguities during the testing process.
- Involvement in automation environment setup using Visual studio, C#, maven, WebDriver, Cucumber and TestNG.
- Worked on Behavior driven development and Acceptance Test Driven development using Cucumber features, Scenarios, and step definitions.
- Used Maven as the build management tool and ran Cucumber tests as Maven tests after adding surefire and maven compiler plugins.
- Responsible in creating, executing, and reviewing Functional & Integration test cases based on the business and functional requirements.
- Located the Web Elements using Firebug in Firefox browser.
- Have developed test scripts for functionalities accessing different types of alerts, drag, and drop actions.
- Implemented Page Object Model design pattern for Data Driven and Keyword Driven frameworks using Selenium and python.
- Performed Data driven testing in Cucumber using Examples keyword to get Table data for limited sets of data and for many sets used the data from excel files.
- Developed Selenium test scripts using TestNG annotations and generated TestNG report to review test results, compared Jenkins reports and reported accordingly.
- Developed automation scripts and extracted data from excel sheets using Apache POI library.
- Performed functional, cross browser and compatibility testing on various browsers and platforms using Selenium Grid.
- Used SQL statements extensively to perform Database Testing.
- Performed cloud-based Sauce Labs for web automation for different Environments.
- Responsible for validating the functionalities of the web services including the offers system and orders using SOAPUI over HTTP.
- Generated test Report for the test scripts using Allure plugins in Maven project object model.
- Created the Automated Script for Regression test and Data driven test using UFT.
- Scheduled the Jobs using continuous integration tool Hudson and setup the email notifications.
- Log, track, and verify resolution for all software and specification defects in JIRA.
- Conducted Data-Driven Testing (DDT) with multiple of Test Data and verified the functionality for completeness and correctness using QTP.
- In JIRA used Business Components, Test Plan, Test Resources, and Test lab module for Automation and manual Business Process Testing.
- For the projects where QTP framework already exists, made many updates, created necessary functional libraries and maintained the test suite.
- Following BDD approach, used cucumber to write the feature file and develop the steps using Ruby scripts & Calabash .
- Timely escalations to the management’s notice for any major/blocking issues.
- Performing a variety of software testing including unit, functional, usability, system integration, regression, cross browser and OS compatibility, mobile application, and performance testing.
- Interaction with onsite coordinators, Dev and PMs for clarifications or other needs.
- Participated in scrum, sprint meetings and initiated team meetings on a regular basis and involved in active discussion to improve the testing quality by better strategies and testing approach.
Environment: Quality Center, UNIX, Oracle, DB2, HTML. .Net, MS Office, Windows
QA Analyst /Manual/Automation
- Manually tested the functionality and developed Automation test scripts to perform functional and regression testing and prepared automation test scripts in Selenium.
- Executed and managed automation test scripts using selenium.
- Developed automated test scripts in Selenium web driver for web application from manual test cases to perform regression testing for every build.
- Developed Hybrid framework using Page Object Model design pattern.
- Used Maven as a build tool and added dependencies of the api’s to Project Object Model (POM.xml).
- Experience in setting up configuring the testing environment with Junit and Selenium Web Driver.
- Experience in preparing Test plan, Test cases and Test data by analyzing the requirements.
- Prepare status summary reports with details of executed, passes and failed test cases.
- Performed Integration Testing, Functionality testing, system testing and regression Testing.
- Tested the backend database using SQL queries.
- Used Selenium Web Driver to handle various web age controls like textbox, button, dropdown, checkbox, radio button, labels using X path and other locators.
- Created Test Cases in MS Excel, executed manually and submitting defect to Test director.
- Responsible for defect management includes, defect logging, defect tracking and defect closure.
- Worked on Agile Methodology and used JIRA for defect tracking.
- Developed reusable functions in Java.
- Involved in documenting test cases and packaging test suites and making them available to all of engineering and QA using JIRA.
- Extensively involved in all phases of SDLC (software development Life Cycle) using agile methodology.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver, Apache POI, JUnit, Selenium Grid, Maven, Sauce Labs, Travis, JIRA, SVN.