- Experienced in developing Test Plans, Test Cases based upon the business requirements.
- Also performed onsite - offshore coordination for multiple projects to perform test related activities.
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC methodologies.
- Exposure to both Manual and Automated Testing of applications developed on Windows and UNIX platform.
- Experience with Mobile Compatibility testing and Mobile application testing - iPhone, Android, iPad/ Tablets, Windows phones.
- Expertise in using Testing tools UFT/QTP, and HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Strong skills in performing System, Integration, UAT, Functionality, Regression, Smoke, Sanity, Stress, Usability, testing for web and Client/Server application.
- Good experience in Financial Industry: Capital Markets, Equities, Risk, Compliance, Fixed Income, Trading Systems, Trade Surveillance and Life Cycle, Derivatives and Banking (Retail, Private, Investment)
- Developed several ETL applications to Extract, Transform and Load data into tables as part of Data Warehouse testing using various tools like Informatica, etc.
- Experience testing various functional reports using tools such as Cognos, SQL reporting services, etc.
- Experience in Black Box, Positive, Negative, Data-driven, Unit, Integration, System, Front-End and Back- End Testing.
- Experience with Mobile application testing - iPhone, Android, Blackberry and feature phones using Simulator "Device anywhere".
INFORMATION TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Database: MS SQL Server, OracleTesting Tools Win Runner, UFT/Quick Test Professional, Visual StudioMobile Devices Blackberry (Curve, Storm, Bold, Torch), HTC, Samsung, IPhone, IPAD Mobile OS Windows mobile, Palm OS, Android, IOS, Blackberry OS
Bug Tracking Tools: ALM/Quality Center, Test Director, Clear Quest, Jira, Bugzilla, etc. Other Tools MS word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Photoshop, Visual Studio 2008QC
Sr. Test Engineer/Data Quality Engineer / QA
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Developed Manual Test Cases and Automated Test Scripts for coverage and meeting Functional Requirements, User Stories and User Acceptance Criteria.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and developed POS test scenarios and test cases using HP ALM and Participated in all phases of STLC.
- Communicated development teams to review & resolve defects using ALM/Quality Center & JIRA.
- Maintain and track the Projects and Epics in JIRA.
- Tested the Application in UNIX Environment and collecting the Test data from the Business Team. Identified the Test Environment for Database Testing.
- Used the system requirements and specifications to design complex Test Case which adequately tested the system by using ALM/Quality Center and logged & tracked Defects to closures.
- Used Airs POS (Point of Sale), Store Operation, Enterprise Management and XML POS to perform testing.
- Work in Agile, Scrum, and sprint environment in order to change the requirements and features set.
- Created issues/bugs in JIRA and provided the Bug Recreation steps to the developers.
- Tracked bugs using ALM/Quality Center.
- Wrote and executed test scripts and test cases for POS, Retail Payment Processing, Back office and Central Office functionalities.
- Performed Usability testing for Popsy Interactive app on iPad/iPhone and Android.
- Tested a variety of Mobile apps - Native, Web-based and Hybrid apps in various testing environments - Emulators, Actual Devices.
- Performed testing of gateway of payment via debit cards, credit cards, electronic bank transfer and reward points.
- Designed and developed Test Scenario/Test Cases/Test steps for various Business Services and methods covering both Positive and Negative Testing requirements.
- Document software defects, using ALM/Quality Center, and report defects to software developers
- Followed Agile Methodology to emphasize on real time communication over written documentation.
- Validated POS system compatibility, POS programs, products, policies and procedures.
- Executed test cases through ALM/Quality Center and reported defects in ALM/Quality Center.
- Performed Functionality testing during the various phases of the application and analyzed the results.
- Implementing Agile (Scrum) methodology throughout the Branch.
- I had performed device setup, multiple type of hardware configurations and installation testing for POS and self-check- out machines.
- Re-opened the JIRA with issues, followed up with the Developers, retested and closed them.
- Involved in using ALM/Quality Center for managing the defect. Performed manual Back-End testing by writing SQL Queries for validating user information in the tables.
- Performed data validation testing using POS system.
- Inserted Check Points to check the broken Links, Text, and standard properties of objects
- Reviewed extensive SQL Queries with complex multi-table joins and nested queries.
- Created and executed scripts manually for Functionality testing
- Conducted GUI, Back-End, Data Driven and Security Testing.
- Developed and executed test cases test Scenarios and followed-up defects using ALM/Quality Center.
Environment: ALM/Quality Center, UAT, MS Word, Excel, UNIX, PowerPoint, SoapUI, Outlook, JIRA, Windows, Oracle, XML, Java, API, Html, SQL, UNIX, POS Testing, MS Office, UFT/QTP, Etc.
Sr. QA Analyst / Engineer
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Provided detailed BA estimates and timelines for various testing cycles in the release period
- Created QA Project Plan Document, and reported Manager on weekly basis.
- Generated test scripts to run on LPS( Lender Processing Services) for liquidation and retention loans in the Confidential bank system to support Testing team in the execution.
- Liaised with business and functional owner during risk engineering and high-level review sessions to derive and execute action plans, meeting deadlines and standards.
- SQLs are written using Oracle to query the database on to validate the input XML has created necessary response and the values are stored in DB.
- Automated Web Services using SOAP UI, Groovy and XML.
- Met with Project Manager and Development team to give inputs on Database Schema.
- Developed test cases for various testing approaches.
- Used groovy script to have wait time in between test steps of a test case
- Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements.
- Created test data and preparation of RTM to make the traceability Matrix for requirement and test case coverage.
- Creation of Test cases as well as test scripts for SQL purpose and got the approval within the team and with the business team.
- Submission of bug report and artifacts on QC ALM with the help of Snag it Creation of Test Summary report and making it approve.
- Test Plan creation and making it approve with the QA manager and Business Team.
- Creation of Test cases and get the approval within the team.
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential, Merrimack, NH
- Analyzed business process workflows and critical business functions through walkthroughs and requirement documents.
- Wrote Test Plan and Test Cases according to business requirement.
- Creating and updating test cases based on new and/or /updated functional or interface requirements
- Performed Defect Root Cause Analysis, interacted with related Team, and tracked defects in JIRA.
- Analyzed Real Time Market Data and performed Data integrity testing using Fix Protocol
- Tested the Fix messaging trading platform
- Wrote various SQL queries to validate data inserted, deleted and updated in the Oracle database
- Performed Functionality testing, Black Box Testing, System testing and Regression Testing
- Running queries against databases to verify the correctness of XML response
- Document request/response XML's, test procedures and functional/technical findings from the test run
- Responsible for performing Smoke tests and supporting Trade flow applications and systems, which involve
- Financial Instruments like Securities, Fixed Income, Equities, FX, Money Market, Swaps, Derivatives and its sub-types
- Created and executed UNIX/LINUX Scripting to automate the QA & Database Functions
- Active involvement in Pre Sales, RFPs and Business cases, Market Analysis of Third Party Capital Market Products
- Performed system and integration testing on Trader Application, where traders can enter, monitor, manage & optimize orders in listed and over-the-counter individual equities/stocks, equity/stock options and Fixed Income securities. Also validated Traders ability to identify news or price-driven trading opportunities.
- Performed Development Integration, Functional, Regression and End to End User Acceptance testing
- Develop, review and execute End-to-End Test Plans, Scenarios and Test cases according to product specification and track the test coverage through requirements traceability matrixes
- Participated in weekly meeting with the management team and walkthroughs
- Tested applications and documented results and bugs including documentation of information useful in the debugging process
- Interacted with developers to report and track bugs using ALM.
- Prioritize testing priorities based on business risk, Access testing assets anytime; anywhere via a browser interface using ALM.
- Attended weekly report meetings and presented progress update status.
- Participated in walkthroughs and meetings with business analyst, developers, team lead and QA manager on regular basis.
- Great knowledge of equities and the various kinds of trades and order types
- Very good with FIX protocols and the tool Verifix
- Created automation scripts using Verifix and debugged the script
- Worked with automation team overseas, with some experience with UFT
Environment: SQL, UNIX, Windows ALM, UFT, XML, Agile Scrum, MS Project, Oracle, DB2, VB script, Java, SQL Server, MS Office, SQL.
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential, Arlington, TX
- Involved in all phases of testing life cycle (analysis, design and execution).
- Close interaction with designers and software developers to understand application functionality and performance issues.
- Designed the High Level FRD (Functional Requirement Document).
- Created test requirements based on the business specifications and listing of test requirements at very high level.
- Planned and defined Use Cases created Use Case diagrams, Scenarios and Use Case Narratives using the UML methodologies.
- Performed Gap Analysis, conducted walkthrough sessions and acted as a liaison between the business users, stakeholders and the various teams involved in the project to perform requirements, quality and risk analysis.
- Involved in development of Test plan of the testing process and determine the test environment requirements for the application.
- Analyzed system requirements, developed & executed detailed Test plans, Test cases, Test data, TSL scripts for testing the functionality, GUI, security, and usability of the Join Process.
- Responsible for Integration, Front-end and Backend testing.
- Utilized Quality Center for creating use cases / test cases and implementing requirements trace ability to showcase full coverage of testing the applications.
- Used Test Director as the defect-tracking tool to report application defects and enhancement requests
- Performed the Back-End integration testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing
- SQL queries on the Oracle database.
- Evaluate and Report Test Results & reported the overall progress periodically to the Project Management.
Environment: HP Quality Center (v10.0), QTP (v 8.0), C++, VB, Windows 7/8, Oracle Total 10.6.1i.
Confidential, Des Moines, CA
- Proficient in analyzing Business requirements and developing Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Involved in Gathering testing requirements from BRD's and specifications.
- Proficient in QA processes, test strategies and experience in testing documents like Test plan, Test procedures and Test cases for manual testing.
- Expertise in System Testing, Functional Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing, Integration testing and Data Driven Testing using QTP
- Excellent skills in Bug Tracking and Reporting using Quality Center.
- Perform mobile testing on various mobile devices such as IPhone, HTC droid and Dell Streak.
- Tested the UI of the end product on mobile, PC, Android and Apple (iPhone, iPad) platforms to ensure that language translation and Currency conversions were displaying as required
- Tested and coordinated mobile applications in both Native and Web environments and validated the mobile application functionality on physical smart phone hardware devices and virtual device emulators like: Device Anywhere, perfecto mobile and Simulators like: Android SDK, IPhone SDK etc.
- Used the Automation tool QTP with the Perfecto Mobile for real device hand set testing
- Experienced in Equity, equities, Options, FOREX, Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds, trading, trade, Swaps, Swaptions, Futures, FRAs, Escrows, API, Risk management, wealth, securities, fixed income, Commodities, Mutual Fund loan, LOS, loan mortgage Origination, FX, FIX, Derivative Capital Market Asset Risk ACH SWIFT AML Wire transfer
- Skillful in Automation using QTP using Very Successful Scripting Methodologies producing Compact and
- Well Organized and Integrated Automation Script Structure.
- Extensive exposure to Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile Software Development Methodology and
- Waterfall Methodology.
- Proficient in using testing tools like Quality Center, Test Director and Load Runner.
- Experience with bug tracking tools like Bugzilla and Clear Quest.
- Proficient in different phases of testing like Integration, System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Developed a road map by understanding the business logic and User Requirements for Test execution.
- Validation of Mainframe Data in XML Scripts.
- Participated in Business/Development meetings to understand user requirements.
- Involved in Creating Test Cases from Test Scenarios as per Business requirements.
- Validated the Mainframe Data with the Cap Sheet.
- Linked Defects in ALM.
Environment: VB Script, XML, Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server, PVCS, Agile methodology. Testing Tools: Quality Center, Load Runner, Quick Test Professional and Clear Quest.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Communicating with other team members from different applications to get the data in the right format and to input the data in the GENESIS application and make sure there are no issues.
- Running test plans for validation of data by using QTP.
- Interacting with the Business Users for the test case sign off of SCENARIO TESTING.
- Worked as an analyst to understand user requirements and verify the software systems to meet this requirement.
- Used Agile life cycle Methodology for Iterative development and Rapid delivery of the product.
- Interacted with developers and BA's in order to develop better products with customers.
- Participated in SCRUM sessions as a part of agile methodology for work management and part of the Team in the Framework.
- Performed Black Box testing.
- Developed test documentation.
- Executing test cases mentioned in the Technical Documents/Specifications manually.
- Analyzed and helped modifying Use Cases and created the test cases based on them.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing.
- Performed End-to-End testing manually.
- Worked with team members to execute various functional test cases.
- Automating different test scenarios using QTP and tested for multiple sampled inputs by parameter-zing the input and the corresponding expected results.
- Captured the Run time results and exported to Excel files in an automated manner for analysis.
- Developed Recovery Scenarios to handle error messages to facilitate the smooth running of unattended test runs.
- Demonstrated expertise in debugging the scripts by using break points, setting up watch expressions and variables in the debug viewer.
- Generated custom reports in Quality Center/Test Director as per the requirements and communicated to the other teams in the status meetings. Developed reports for each test cycle.
- Reported and updated the bug status for every data Load and analyzed the defects.
- Interacted with the Developers to analyze and resolve the issues after the tests are run for each load.
- Developed SQL queries for backend verification.
- Involved in Intra Web Application testing. Performed Functional Testing, Screen Navigational Testing, GUI Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Involved in data transfer testing from affiliate banks.
Environment: QTP, Quality Center, Test Director, Microsoft Excel, Java, J2EE, HTML