- Over 7 Years of extensive experience as a Performance Test Engineer with expertise in Performance Testing, Functional Testing, Software Development lifecycle (SDLC), Test Case Development/Automation, Test Scripting in HP LoadRunner, Silk Performer and Rational Performance Tester for Client/Server, Windows, UNIX, Linux, and Web based applications and services.
- Proficient in creating and enhancing scripts, executing scripts and analyzing Performance results using LoadRunner.
- Accountable for consulting and advising all teams assisting with the development and maintenance of reporting metrics to determine the effectiveness of Quality Assurance efforts across client’s applications.
- Strong skills using, installing, and configuring all components of Load Runner 12.5 including VuGen, Controller, Analysis, and Load Generators.
- Experienced in designing multiple LoadRunner scripts (VuGen) with different protocols like Web (Http/Html), Ajax, Web services for load testing different applications.
- Proficient in recording, correlation, parameterization, and debugging of LoadRunner scripts using LoadRunner.
- Experienced in scheduling and running many variations as needed of load tests of the target application, varying parameters such as the number of users, the speed of ramp up/ramp down of users, and simulated user think - time and pacing.
- Proficient with using Web Flex, Web Services, Ajax TruClient, Citrix, Winsock, and Database protocols in LoadRunner.
- Gathered volumetric and error details using Splunk. Created custom codes in Splunk for monitoring the errors.
- Expert knowledge of SOA Testing, Bottlenecks in Performance, Web Performance Throughput, Server Response Time, Network Latency.
- Experienced scenario results analyzer using LoadRunner. On-line graphs analysis and reporting, network delay, client delay identification, I/O delays, transaction time, CPU and memory usage, miscellaneous server level issues.
- Extensive experience in automated testing of Web based and Client/Server applications with proficiency in Load and Performance Testing. Good working experience in Agile Scrum, Waterfall and Iterative methodologies.
- Practiced tester of web application running Load Balancers with different types of logic for distributing incoming HTTP requests ( round robin).
- Performed tests and analysis such as load test, spike test, stress test, endurance test, performance bottleneck test, benchmark test, baseline test etc. using HP LoadRunner/QTP, Borland Silk Performer on web server, application server and database server at different levels and loads.
- Extensive experience with Neotys NeoLoad module Design, Runtime and Analysis.
- Experience in analysis, design, implementation, execution, maintenance, support and documentation for system testing.
- Experienced with various performance testing tools such as LoadRunner, Performance Center, JMeter, NeoLoad.
- Expertise experience in Non-Functional Specifications, Test Planning/Strategy, test Estimates, Use Cases, Business Requirements, Business Rules to prepare Test Schedules, identify risks, Identify Test Requirements.
- Efficient in SQL queries for back end testing of the application using SQL.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills. Have proven to be highly effective in interfacing across business and technical groups.
Testing Tools: HP Mercury Suite LoadRunner 12.60/12.5/11.50/9.51/9.10 , NeotysNeoLoad, Apache JMeter 2.13/3.2, HP Performance Center, SoapUIHP Quality Center
LoadRunner Protocols: Web (http/html), Flex, Web Services, Ajax TruClient, Citrix Java, Ajax Click & Script, COM/DCOM
Test Monitoring Tools: Wily Introscope, Splunk, HP Diagnostic, Site Scope
Test Management: Quality Center, JIRA, Test Director and Clear Quest
Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, Java, SQL and PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting
Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache
Databases: Oracle 12c/11g, MS Access, DB2, SQL Server
Version Control Tools: Clear Case, Perforce, PVCS Tracker and VSS
Confidential, Windsor, CT
- Coordinating testing efforts and assisting QA manager in mobile based application platform.
- Analyzing of requirements/document designs for test planning.
- Executing performance/volume tests using HP LoadRunner (VuGen), on project deliverables, to guarantee production readiness.
- Gathered volumetric and error details using Splunk. Created custom codes in Splunk for monitoring the errors.
- Developing test case scripts, executing scripts, documenting results and summary report in details.
- Network throughput analysis using network packet capture tools such as Fiddler.
- Agile environment testing with conjunction with development, regression and UAT to deliver best performing solutions to end user.
- Monitoring and resolving test issues.
- Multi-tasking between testing concurrently on multiple projects.
- Current release management, installation activities and scheduling for next release.
- Working in project teams and interact with Business Analyst, developers on requirements for testing.
- Test plan execution in coordination with business representatives.
- Used JMeter for executing scripts.
- Performance/Infrastructure testing of Web applications based on multiple technologies such as .NET, JAVA.
- Good understanding of the project life cycle, from analysis to production implementation, with emphasis on test data metric analysis, performance testing, load/stress testing, and auditable documentation of plan and results.
- Executing back end server-side web services testing using LoadRunner.
- Web services testing including SOAP and RESTful API.
- Database creation, monitoring, backup and migration for MSSQL using tools such as Visual Studios, SQL Server.
- Performing tests of web services using SOAP UI under implemented SOA framework.
- Using various Correlations (Manual and Automatic) to Parameterize Dynamically changing fields.
- Data preparation for Parameterized values in scripts for multiple scenarios.
- Developing Vuser scripts development and enhancement using Parameterization of constant values inside LoadRunner.
- Test Planning using Performance Center, test case maintenance of test cases and scripts for execution.
- Defects reporting, defect tracking and life cycle management in Jira.
- Build version maintenance and tracking in Jenkins for Windows app.
- Systematic script organization, report generation, research of production issues.
- Handling any other responsibility as instructed by the Management or QA Lead Engineers.
Environment: HP LoadRunner12.57, Apache JMeter 3.1, Visual Studios (VSTS), Perfmon, Charles, Fiddler, Splunk, Wireshark, SoapUI, Performance Center, Web Services, RESTful (POST, GET, PUT), Quality Center, Aws, Oracle, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, MSSQL, Web Services, Jira, Jenkins.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
QA Performance Tester
- worked in agile performance testing cycle from initialization, requirement gathering, test planning, scripting, test design, test execution, result analysis/presentation, re-testing, and bottle-neck remediation to sign off.
- Develop test scripts using LoadRunner, Neotys NeoLoad and IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT).
- Test scenario creation by creating Population in NeoLoad. Load Profile configuration and test execution in Runtime module.
- Executing multiple rounds of Load Tests, Peak Tests a varying user load to test scalability and monitor change in system behavior with increased load.
- Compare load test results with Baseline results to determine system degradation and match with SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
- Tracking of various testing/project activities and issues tracking using Jira.
- Gather test results in real time as well as collate average/90th percentile response times, throughput, hits per second, errors data after test execution in Analyze module of NeoLoad.
- Develop Test Plan and strategy for performance testing end-to-end Auto Insurance application
- Complex test strategy that in corporate multiple line of testing in given test period such as HTTP and Web Services testing, Batch Processes and overnight data migration testing, external third-party SOAP calls and Printer performance testing.
- Test strategy included testing approach to various 3rd party vendor applications integrated to main insurance application.
- JMeter based testing of SOAP and Restful web services and APIs.
- Framework development in NeoLoad along with exporting and importing frameworks among team members.
- NeoLoad Team Server augmentation with project and team members in utilizing Collaboration Module.
- Monitor network traffic and system performance using DynaTrace. Defect tracking in Quality Center.
- Migrating HP LoadRunner TruClient scripts to NeoLoad projects.
- Conduct POC for various third-party applications to make sure they can be tested with NeoLoad such as correspondence editor.
- Conduct Knowledge Transfer and of team members from novice to intermediate in performance test script development, test execution and report generation.
Environment: LoadRunner 12.53, Neotys NeoLoad, JMeter, SoapUI, xPressions, Solimar Rubika, Kofax, OnBase, Guideware Suite (Claim Center, Policy Center, Billing Center), Jira, HP Quality Center, C#, ASP.NET, SOAP/Web Services.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
QA Performance Tester
- Working with clients to understand business needs and relate them in terms of performance testing.
- Assisting Project Manager with deliverables, maintaining project plans and schedules.
- Logging and tracking defects, change management, management of any other requests,
- Analyzing required effort in terms of resources needed, script complexity, scenario design challenges, overall man-hours required and documenting them in HLE before every project execution.
- Gathering and analyzing Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) for performance test planning.
- Developing Requirement Intake Form for detailing business transaction, developing test cases and script workflows, number of scripts, success criteria.
- Test scripts development in HP LoadRunner VuGen. Modifying TruClient scripts with required Correlations, Parameterization, logic, think times, iterations, pacing, logging options and ps.
- Designing scenarios in HP LoadRunner Controller. Scheduling tests by scenario/group, setting virtual user initiation period, ramp up, test duration and ramp down times.
- Preparing load generators and accessing web, app and db servers, executing scripts and tracking test metrics such as transaction graphs, runtime graphs and resource graphs.
- Using HP LoadRunner Analyzer tool for documenting results and summary report in details.
- Adding new graphs to the Analyzer reports, comparing results with SLAs, merging two or more graphs to compare results, exporting HTML reports.
- NeoLoad scripting, design and execution of load test.
- NeoLoad performance testing tool installation, license management and hardware configuration.
- Generating detailed reports and presenting them to project team and management after every test.
- Using cloud-based testing tool Neotys NeoLoad to design and conduct Stress test on mobile phone-based applications (iOS, Android).
- Used Neotys cloud-based load generators to simulate virtual users from various IPs from different geographic location.
- Conducting Phase II testing based on results from Phase I and system refinement to resolve bottlenecks.
- Preparing Final Reports and coordinating QA sign off for every project completion.
- Using various performance test strategies for testing applications, environment that cannot be readily tested using available test tools such as before and after tests, background execution test, baseline versus modification tests among others.
Environment: LoadRunner 12.02/12.50 , Neotys NeoLoad, JMeter, HP Performance Center, DynaTrace, HP Quality Center, Rivermine, LoadUI, SiteScope, CAService Desk Manager, ASP.NET, Web Services.
QA Performance Tester
- Designed performance test suites by creating Web (GUI/HTTP/HTML), Web service and Click & Script test scripts, workload scenarios, setting transactions. Extensively used VuGen to create Load Test Scripts.
- Identify system/application bottlenecks and work to facilitate the tuning of the application/environment in order to optimize capacity and improve performance of the application in order to handle peak workloads generated via HP LoadRunner to simulate activity.
- Created Vusers to emulate concurrent users, inserting Rendezvous points in the Vuser scripts and executed the Vuser Scripts in various scenarios which were both goal oriented and manual using Load Runner.
- Correlated and Parameterized test scripts to capture Dynamic data and input various test data as per business requirements.
- Using Performance Center, execute multi-user performance tests, used online monitors, real-time output messages and other features of the LoadRunner Controller/Performance center.
- Configured the LoadRunner controller for running the tests. Verifying that the LoadRunner scripts are working as expected on different Load generator machines.
- Responsible for setting up monitors to monitor network activities and bottlenecks.
- Installed SiteScope with the help of the installation and configured monitors for analysis and used to get metrics from servers.
- Analyzed results for bottlenecks and made recommendations.
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize meaningful and relevant results in a complete Performance Test Report.
- Develop and implement load and stress tests with Performance Center and present performance statistics to application team and provide recommendations of how and where performance can be improved.
- Monitoring the various machines during load tests and informing the corresponding teams in case of issues.
- Created detailed test status reports, performance capacity reports, web trend analysis reports, and graphical charts for upper management using Load Runner analysis component.
Environment: LoadRunner 12.00, JMeter, NeoLoad, IBM Rational Performance Tester, IBM Rational Quality Manager, IBM Jazz, Change/Defect Management, SiteScope, MS SQL, F5/CSS Load balancers, Remote Desktop, SAP BO, DynaTrace, Win Media Load Testing tool, C#, ASP.NET, Web Services.
Software Testing and QA
- Reviewing the requirements documents for testability.
- Responsible for Requirements gathering for the new enhancement in Defect Tracking system.
- Responsible for Test case writing.
- Developing Master Test Plan, which includes entire Testing Plan, Testing Resources, Testing Strategy and testing of end-to-end scenarios.
- Designed performance test suites by creating Web (GUI/HTTP/HTML), workload scenarios, setting transactions. Extensively used VuGen to create Load Test Scripts.
- Participated in the design, code and walk through meetings with the development and design team members.
- Reviewed the requirements and use case diagrams to write test cases and test plan that would test all possible scenarios.
- Involved in the creation of the Test plan, Test Strategy and Test Cases as per requirements.
- Designed different load test plans to achieve desired objectives as per the production load.
Environment: LoadRunner 11.0/11.5, JMeter, Soap UI, IBM Rational Performance Tester, IBM Rational Quality Manager, IBM Jazz, Change/Defect Management, MS SQL, F5/CSS Load balancers, Remote Desktop, SAP BO, JAVA Webstart, Win Media Load Testing tool, ASP.NET, Web Services.