- Quality Assurance Test Engineer with 4+ years of experience as an Automation Tester and Manual Tester, in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with experience, that includes designing, implementing test plans, test cases, test processes, conducting test review meetings, automation testing of Client Server and Web applications. Sound knowledge in Java, Selenium, TestNG, Maven, SoapUI and Jenkins.
- Experience in working with different development environments such as Agile/Scrum & Waterfall
- Involved in the Design and implementation of different Automation frameworks such as Hybrid Framework, Data Driven Framework, Keyword Driven Framework and Page Object Model (POM) for various projects.
- Knowledge in Automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE/RC, Selenium Grid, Java, Jenkins (continuous integration), Maven (Build Management), Eclipse, Cucumber, TestNG (Regression tests) and JUnit.
- Extensively involved in Front - end and Back-end Testing (Web Services and Databases) with either Test Driven Development (TDD)/Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) or Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) approach.
- Good Knowledge in OOPS (Object Oriented Programming System) concepts i.e., Abstraction, Polymorphism, Encapsulation, and Inheritance.
- Tested the application when it converted from .NLua to WPF.
- Designed, implemented, and maintaining test automation framework: Jenkins server, GitHub integration, AWS Code Commit integration, JIRA integration, Python/unit test.
- Performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts using Jenkins and triggered the Continuous Delivery process using Jenkins build jobs.
- Proficient in documenting defects with a high level of detail, accuracy and informative recreation steps using HP ALM/Quality Center, TFS, JIRA, and Bugzilla.
- Maintained Selenium & JAVA automation code and resource in source controls over the time to add new features.
- Hands on experience in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Listeners.
- Experience with Cross-Browser testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments. Tested the performance of the applications using JMeter.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, AJAX, Bootstrap and jQuery to improve look and feel of the web page.
- Experience in finding web elements using locators like CSS Locator, XPath, HTML id, Name, Class Name, linked text, partial linked text and tag name. Experience in handling different methods of Select class for selecting and deselecting, for drop-down web element.
- Experienced with Soap and Restful web services testing using SOAPUI/ReadyAPI tool. Knowledge of XML, WSDL, XPath, Groovy scripting. Experience with Service Oriented Architecture using SoapUI Pro tool to test web service.
- Automated Web services using Groovy script.
- Imported the required data from excel sheets into SoapUI/ReadyAPI tool to send request and store the data from responses into the respective excel sheets.
- Tested the API’s as well as validated the data returned through web services responses using Assertions such as Valid HTTP Status Codes, Script Assertions, Contains, XPath Match, XQuery.
- Experienced writing and executing CRUD SQL statements.
- Experience in Back-end testing, data validation, Database testing using SQL queries.
- Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and MySQL and performed Database testing including data integrity and data validation testing.
- Expert in developing complex SQL Queries with various kinds of ‘Joins’.
- Configuring JDBC connections to retrieve data from database and performed back-end testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries with MySQL.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: SOAPUI, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE/RC, JMeter, Jenkins, Selenium Grid.
Frameworks: Page Object Model, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, TestNG, JUnit
Artifacts: Test Plan, Test Case, RTM, Test Summary Report, Bug report, User Stories, Backlogs
Test Build and Integration tools: Jenkins, Maven
API testing: REST, SOAP, HTTP
Programming Tools: Java, C, C++, Groovy, VB Script
Operating System: Windows 8/10, Unix, Linux
Databases/Database tools: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PL/SQL, SQL
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM/Quality Center, TFS, JIRA, Bugzilla.
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS
Other Utilities: Eclipse, GIT, SVN, Firebug, Fire Path, JMeter
Confidential, Oakbrook, IL
- Conducted UI testing, Functional testing, Regression Testing and verified the results with expected results using Traceability Matrix.
- Created automation test cases and test scripts using Hybrid Framework to test the web API using ReadyAPI / SOAPUI.
- Worked on Kiosk Analytics for analyzing the data from production and sent the data to the marketing team to create some more campaigns or offers.
- Utilized Apache POI jar file to read data from the excel spreadsheets and load them into required test cases.
- Performed functional testing of Web Services using POSTMAN Tool.
- Performed Backend testing by using SQL queries to validate data integrity of reports.
- Expertise in the grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using SoapUI
- Involved in REST Service testing using ReadyAPI.
- Wrote SQL Queries to connect to the database and retrieve data for a specified set of test requirements.
- Implemented JDBC connections in the automation framework to validate data in the database.
- Committed automation test scripts to Microsoft Visual Studio and used Jenkins to run automated tests as part of the build process.
- Work with the team of software engineers to determine the Stories, Development & Test effects, Test Management, Defect management.
- Tested the application when converting .NL ua based Key, Tabs to WPF.
- Worked on WSO2 API Management tool on Get Promo, Offers and POST Promo, Offers API’s.
- Develop and Maintain the Test design, test case, and traceability for the system under test.
- Work with the Developers, Business analysts, Scrum master, Project leads, Project Owners as necessary to keep the development & test phase well progressing.
- Created Python scripting to test REST API functionality for regression setup.
- Interact closely with members of the cross-functional team for project success.
- Involved in running full Kiosk Manual regression testing.
- Involved in creating campaigns for Kiosk Pricing.
- Analyzed bugs and involved in quality assurance reviews with the team to ensure bug reported and closed.
- Involved in the Agile development process and attended daily scrum meetings. Used to see Test for automation testing.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers, and Scrum Masters.
- Got involved in analyzing requirements during the requirements analysis phase of the projects.
- Involved in writing and executing the test cases in TFS.
- Involved in Logging Bugs/Defects in TFS and retesting them.
- Experience in Selenium Grid to run multiple tests across different browsers, operating systems, and machines in parallel.
- Created automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven. Used Jenkins to execute these test scripts periodically.
- Performed Backend testing by using SQL queries to validate data integrity of reports
- Performed Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers and Safari using TestNG framework.
- Expertise in the grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags.
- Utilized Maven to manage dependencies for test execution, plug-ins and created profiles of grouped test cases to run smoke or regression testing.
- Used Git as a code repository to check out the project from it, make modifications, submit and commit changes to the local repository and then later to the central repository.
- Performed testing on Web Services such as SOAP and Restful services using SOAPUI to check the communication between different services.
- Involved in developing WSO2 testing scripts.
- Involved in developing test cases to test scripts. Updated the status of the testing to the QA team, and accomplished tasked for the assigned work to the Project Management team regularly
- Extensively worked on selenium web Driver with the preferred Language Java.
- Analyzed bugs and involved in quality assurance reviews with the team to ensure bugs reported and closed.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers, and Clients.
- Wrote SQL Queries to connect to the database and retrieve data for a specified set of test requirements. Implemented JDBC connections in the automation framework to validate data in the database.
Environment: AGILE, SoapUI / ReadyAPI, Microsoft SQL Server Studio V17.9, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Java, Eclipse, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, SQL, JIRA, JMeter, AWS, HTML, WSO2
Confidential, St Paul, MN
- Performed smoke, sanity, functional and End to end testing. Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios as per application specification requirements.
- Analyzed the user requirements by Interacting with system architect, developers and business users.
- Suggested improvements in test process by gathering and analyzing data.
- Reviewed and analyzed Detail Designed Specification and Technical Specification documents.
- Analyzed the Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, and developed Test Suites to cover the overall quality assurance testing.
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycles. Developed and maintained various test cases and test scripts using Data Driven Framework.
- Analyzing existing Excel reports and created the same reports in censing Report Studio.
- Used Selenium as the automation tool and JIRA as the defect management tool.
- Developed and enhanced various test scripts using selenium tool to handle the changes occurred in the web elements during the build releases.
- Extensively running multiple test scripts in different browsers and operating systems using Sauce Labs.
- Expertise in using TestNG tool to perform cross-browser and parallel testing.
- Used Master Page’s templates, Telerik controls, CSS & Themes to define the unified look and feel for the application.
- Handled various operations like pop-ups, Web-Alerts, Java-Alerts, iframes, windows-handling and utilized Select class and Action class for required operations.
- Developed customized XPath and CSS path locaters to find the address of web-elements and utilized other locators like ID, Name, Class Name, Linked text, and Partial linked text.
- Develop advanced SQL queries, and perform test script execution to ensure Data Quality.
- Involved in back-end API testing with SOAPUI and coding in Groovy and Java.
- Proficient in using various SOAPUI actions to perform SOAP and REST services to get information either from third parties. Validated those using assertions and Groovy Scripts.
- Involved in testing Rest API's (Get & Post operations) by using SoapUI/Postman, ReadyAPI. Created test data for test execution.
- Proficient in configuring JENKINS to perform required tasks by specifying the path of version control and hardcoding the operations to perform on it.
- Extensively involved in analyzing JENKINS job results and fixing the failed scripts.
- Used different modules in JIRA to report, track the defects and communicate issues with the developers for a better solution.
Environment: ReadyAPI, Selenium WebDriver, AGILE, Java, Eclipse, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Microsoft SQL Server, Git, JIRA, SoapUI.
- Involved in writing and implementation of the Test Cases.
- Developed Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test data, Test Procedures, and Test Reports.
- Developed and executed Test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, analyzed Test Results.
- Facilitated the Bank's transition to a Platform as a Service (PaaS) architecture.
- Implemented keyword Driven framework with Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts using Jenkins.
- Performed end-to-end testing considering all interfaces and subsystem for functional and Non-functional testing.
- Work on SOAPUI (Simple Object Access Protocol) Request/Response to test Web Service/API calls.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Performed parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases as per given requirements. Identified the Test Cases and documented them in JIRA. Performed GUI, Functional, Regression, Ad-hoc and Smoke Testing.
- Performed Shakeout testing, Functional End-to-End testing, and Regression testing manually.
- Involved in developing detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Created Test input requirements and prepared the test data for data-driven testing.
- Data validation and Database integrity testing done by executing SQL queries.
- Involved in implementing each phase of SDLC and Coordinated in Test environment setup.
- Analyzed and reviewed requirement document to create the test plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Involved in the development, execution, and improvement of testing processes.
- Performed Functional testing by deployment request, sanity testing, prioritized QA Test Cases within the project plan.
- Responsible for automation of web services projects using SOAPUI.
- Involved in automated testing using SOAPUI
- Involved in backend testing using SQL Queries.
- Used TFS to capture requirements, create a test plan and test cases.
- Communicated bugs status well to across all engineering teams
- Performed Defect Root Cause Analysis, interacted with related Team, and tracked defects in a JIRA.
- Uploaded the test cases from Excel to Quality center.
Environment: SOAPUI, Selenium WebDriver, Manual Testing, Black Box Testing, Microsoft Office Excel TestNG, Keyword Driven Framework, Jenkins, JIRA, SQL.