- 5+ years of experience in Software analysis & Software Quality Assurance Testing of Web, Mobile and Cloud Native Applications
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Quality Center, JIRA, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Rest API Testing (Postman and Rest Assured Automation), Soap UI and Web Services (REST, SOAP).
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and the Role of QA in different testing methodologies like Agile (SCRUM), TDD, and Waterfall etc.
- Experience in Java programming.
- Experience in writing Test Scripts using TestNG which involves in - depth understanding of OOPS and HTML Knowledge.
- Experience in performing Black Box Testing, functional testing, Usability Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, System Integrating Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience in Using Jenkins, Maven for the Continuous Integration for Regression testing of the builds.
- Ability to validate GUI and system functionality on desktops as well as mobile devices running with Android and iOS with the help of Appium tool integrated with complex architecture and Mobile Browser, Mobile Native Application Testing, Mobile Cloud Platform.
- Experience worked on Selenium WebDriver with the preferred Languages Java, Python.
- Experience in validating Regular and Ajax control using Selenium locators (Xpath, id and name).
- Experience on testing web services ( SOAP, REST ) using SOAP UI Tools.
- Experience in debugging issues occurred in front end part of web-based application which is developed using HTML5, CSS3, Ajax and Java.
- Experience in using Tools HP Quality Center/ALM, Rational Clear Quest, Rally and JIRA.
- Experience in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Experience with source version control tool such as Subversion Git.
- Having Full Exposure to Agile Methodology and Waterfall Mode l in the Work Environment.
- Highly Skilled in Documenting, Tracking the bugs, Bug Reporting , Enchantment, Analysis, and Unresolved Problems.
- Comprehensive Knowledge on Test Verification , Module and System Level Verification .
- Experience in Designing Functional and GUI Test Cases .
- Good Knowledge in Software Testing concepts like Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution, and Defect Reporting and Tracking.
- Experience in Understanding and Analyzing Test Requirements , Tracking changes and maintenance of Test Requirements .
- Fully Fledged in Test Verification, Module, System Level Verification and Testing the Application beyond the User Acceptance Criteria.
- Experience in Planning, and Prioritizing the Work and Time Management depending on the Various Circumstances.
- Making Powerful Analysis Regarding Change Request and defects, Documenting Tracking the test results, Defects and Unresolved Problem, Querying the Programmer about the Cause of Bug.
- Proficient in Developing Selenium Based Automation-Test in Java.
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple tasks, assignments and stressful situations.
- Strong analytical skill, attention to detail and excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Quick starter, Self-learner and a good team player.
Project Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/Grid/RC/IDE, TestNG, Cucumber, SoapUI, POSTMAN, REST ASSURED
Defect Tracking/Management Tools: JIRA, ALM, HP Quality Center, ALM
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Database: SQL Server, Oracle
Version Control: GIT
IDE: Eclipse IDE
Platforms: Windows 7/8, UNIX, LINUX, Mac OS
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specification document and developed test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Followed Test Driven Development (TDD) as much as possible and written test cases using TestNG for every relevant class.
- Participated in requirement reviews and analyzed Modification requests and Enhancement requests.
- Tested independent and dependant modules individually. Prepared Test Matrix to keep track of the requirements and the test cases.
- Added many front-end automation tests and BDD steps using Cucumber specification framework, TestNG, Appium and Java which decreased 75% of manual testing.
- Designed Hybrid Appium Test automation framework, Page Object Model for mobile application (Android/iOS apps).
- Define, develop, and execute automation test scripts using Java that leverage black and white box testing across functional, non-functional and performance testing.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Performed Web Services, SOAP and REST API Testing using Restful API, Postman and SoapUI.
- Developed java scripts to automate the test cases.
- Involved in performing Automation testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
- Integrated Appium for distributing tests on the cloud.
- Created and executed automation test cases using Selenium WebDriver/Cucumber framework for Web App and Appium / Cucumber for Mobile App.
- Create scripts for new functionalities and update the existing scripts for upgraded functionalities.
- Developed data driven test scripts to check the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Created the tests that have no user interaction as a set and executed them as Batch tests using Maven.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver and executed a batch of tests as TestNG suite.
- Developed Python scripts to automate the test cases.
- Performed Assertions like XPath and SOAP responses.
- Developed Selenium scripts in TestNG using Data Provider annotation.
- Evaluate and analyze test cases in Python scripting and test them extensively.
- Use test scripts from previous cases to run regression and functional testing with Python.
- .Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements. Responsible for testing the application against different environments in QA and production.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, TestNG, Jenkins, Quality Center/ALM, Appium, Python, XPath, SOAPUI, Maven, POSTMAN, Java Script, IE, Firefox, Chrome, TDD, Windows, UNIX.
Confidential, NYC, NY
Test Automation Engineer
- Responsible for preparation of Test cycle/progress reports, analysis of defect metrics & implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Performed different testing task using various test scripts on Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Involved in designing and implementing of automation framework to be used with Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (TDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Tested Web API using SOAP UI & Postman to check if the API's are returning the data in JSON, XML format, and documented APIs using Swagger Tool.Performed extensive API testing using Soap UI.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API and Flash Monkey API to write automation script and run Flex designed site.
- Used the Firebug to inspect the XPath of the web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Test Automation Framework using Cucumber BDD/TDD.
- Setup Maven project for Cucumber and Selenium, perform Data Driven Testing in Cucumber and Selenium.
- Knowledge of generate html reports in Cucumber.
- Performed API Level testing for web services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many Test suites using XML
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG functions and Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Used Python codes to handle textbox, dropdown, checkbox, buttons and popup controls.
- Wrote extensive XML (Document Object Model) Scripts to verify and validate Python Anvil (Window and Linux Applications).
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Used Java codes to handle textbox, dropdown, checkbox, buttons.
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Responsible creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver to automate the UI components.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run the parallel testing.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java).
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Defect logging and tracking using JIRA and updated the test defects status with results.
- Involved in testing of web application by creating XML test suite.
- Used JIRA for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Closely involved with development team, maintenance team and business team regarding changing requirements, builds and releases.
Confidential, Norwich, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Prepared Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test Metrics for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements, portal redesigned and test specs.
- Worked in Agile environment, with an ability to accommodate and test the newly proposed changes at any point of time during the release.
- Evaluate and analyze Business Requirements, Functional Specification documents.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium and Cucumber.
- Developed and executed test plans, test cases and test matrices utilizing QA best practices and standards.
- Involved in designing and implementing of hybrid automation framework to be used with Selenium Web Driver.
- Used Maven for building the Web Driver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automating of Cross Browser Testing on IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Used Cucumber automated testing to test new and existing functionality.
- Expanded knowledge of product through Regression testing of easy modules
- Used Firebug/Fire Path Add-on tools to identify the Object’s id, Name, Xpath, link in the application. Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Developed test scripts for web services using SOAP UI and worked with XPATH.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, SOAP UI, GitHub, Agile, Firebug, Firepath, XPath, Eclipse, Quality Center, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Manual Tester
- Responsible for providing test cases and executing them within an AGILE software development SCRUM environment.
- Reviewed and Created Project Assessment, Project Plan, Business Process Requirements, Technical Requirements, Test Specifications, Test Results, and Test Results.
- Analyzed the system requirements and developed test plans using technical specifications.
- Performed System Testing and Regression Testing.
- Responsible for back-end testing/database testing, which was done using SQL queries.
- Generated automated test scripts for regression and stress testing and also data driven scripts for multi user access for product information module using the data pool.
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and investigated software bugs.
- Involved in Bug Logging, Issue Tracking and responsible for tracing the bugs throughout the whole bug lifecycle till the bug closure.
- Worked on regression testing, automation estimation, design and framework. Provided the detailed implementation plan to management.
- Responsible for preparing weekly status reports and validated the back-end data using SQL queries for data integrity.
- Actively involved with scrum and sprint meetings, managing product backlog, removing obstacles to progress, re-allocating resources where necessary, prioritizing and review milestones and accomplishments.
Environment: Java, Quality Center, HTML, XML, SQL, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Windows.