Software analyst with extensive experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). History of success in analysis and quality assurance testing, including developing test plans, test - case designs, and test scripting based on user needs and specifications. Strong communication and analytical skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Hands on individual contributor and collaborative team player. Effectively identifies problems and offers timely solutions.
- Client Server
- Web On-line Applications
- Mainframe Databases
- Bug Tracker Defect System
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Internet Explorer
- Scrum Master on Agile Development team
- Work with The Business to define the story acceptance criteria
- Work with Development team to find solutions for user stories
- Help both the Development and SQA team with questions and Clarification
- I scheduled all the user stories for the sprints. We had the roadmap to follow for prioritization however had to schedule any bug stories immediately and also had to keep in mind dependencies from other Agile teams
- I fielded emails from the stake holders. Many times the issues they had were due to configuration not code. I would run the scenarios and determine If a bug story was needed or user just needed to configure their application appropriately
- Handled any issues that came up during the sprint IE: Systems down, clarification, bug, configuration ect…
Senior Test Engineer - Senior Software Quality Engineer
- Worked on Pilot Agile group as Scrum Master
- Consulted with development and implementation teams through all phases of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Created test plans, schedules and resource plans
- Oversaw test development and managed defect database, ensuring timely and accurate implementation of test plan
- Prioritized test assignments, activities, resources, execution of test suites and performed other types of testing as described in the test plan; defined and managed outsourcing of selected elements of test plan
- Cost Basis - Area expert - Cost basis is application developed to be in compliance with the Dodd Frank Act. I created and tested the web page and the content. Under the Dodd Frank Rules Equities and Mutual funds were reportable for 2011. I wrote all the test cases and did all the functional testing which included Corporate Actions.
- In 2014 fixed income and Derivatives were reportable. I wrote all the test cases and did all the functional testing. For Fixed income it included test cases for the Acquisition premium, Market Discount, bond premium, and accruals which all had specific rules under Dodd Frank.
- I not only verified on the front end but also used SQL queries to verify certain flags were set correctly. I tested the data base to ensure that all columns were in the correct position and the mapping of the data was correct.
- All of the Equities portion is automated and I run the scripts and verify the results. I am working with the offshore team in finishing the full regression of Fixed Income and Options (derivatives).
- XSP - XSP is a corporate actions system. SunGard acquired XSP and I work with the integration team. XSP is a more streamlined approach to Corporate Actions processes where there is less manual intervention.
- I created the test plans and processed all the test cases. When the functionality is done and ready for Production I will send the Test cases to the offshore team to script. When they send it back to me I will run the scripts and verify the results.
QA Senior Test Analyst
- Reviewed overall system functional specification to ensure business requirements were met and thoroughly tested
- Wrote test plans directly linked to the business requirements
- Participated in all aspects of testing, including functional & regression
- DB (data base) conversion/upgrade. Due to my attention to detail I was put on loan to the DB team whenever there was a DB upgrade or complete conversion to an entirely different base.
- Worked collaboratively with development during all stages of projects to provide in-process testing results. At times a developer would be unsure if their code was going to do what we wanted it to do.
- Daily tracking and reporting of any and all defects
- Rational Robot and QTP automation tools
- Using the Rational Robot, I automated the Plan Accounting System.
- Worked on the pooling application. Pooling was a European product where multiple investors could pool
- Their resources to save money on Investment Manger fees, trading fees and other expenses related to investments.
- Created and executed test scripts
- Managed bugs and error tracking via bug tracker
- Identified and communicated issues as a result of execution of test scripts
- Checked all reports for accuracy before being sent out to client.
- Trained new employees
- Work on process improvement
- Processed daily fund accounting, pricing, securities and cash operations for a group of international bond, equity and balanced mutual funds
- Reviewed cash and security reconciliations and resolved differences
- Posted daily transactions to general ledger accounting system & prepared cash and security reconciliations
- Ensured accuracy, timeliness, and quality of all client deliverables