- Around 8+ years of experience in IT industry, 7+ years of experience in all phases of SOA Automation testing and 1+yr of Selenium experience.
- Strong team player, quick learner, proactive and self - motivated.
- Experienced in working with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Cross-functional team testing strategy, analysis of existing test strategy, gap analysis, and working across teams to mature test integration strategies
- Automation Strategist and Led the QE team in developing and implementing best practices
- Collaborate closely with development teams to deliver software releases with an ever-increasing level of quality
- Ensure that product teams are informed in all phases of product development, with the perspective of the customer while partnering with product development leadership to drive the process & tooling.
- Recruit, lead, mentor, and develop a talented high-performing team of technical Quality Engineers and manual testers
- Holds very good expertise in Functional, GUI, Integration, Orchestration, System and Regression testing and had taken bottom-line responsibility of deliverables form onsite and offshore with well exposure to all stages of SDLC and STLC processes.
- Also involved in building integration pipeline for Continuous Integration and Development in projects
- Expertise in designing and executing automated functional test cases and building automation strategies for acquired requirements of both Web services, REST services and Microservices.
- 1+ year of experience in working with Selenium and cucumber frameworks.
- Proficient in VB, Python and Groovy Scripting skills and preparation of macros to reduce redundant manual effort during reporting.
- Good domain knowledge in Banking and Insurance domains.
- Expertise in prioritizing work schedules, manage time effectively and meet timelines as planned.
- Proactive in issue resolution and team building activities.
- Regular monitoring and reporting for KPIs and Metrics for Automation
T ECHNICAL SKILLS:
Testing Tools: HP UFT, IBM Rational Integration Tester, Parasoft SOA, CA LISA(Service Virtualization),HP Service Test, HP ALM, SOAP UI, Ready API,HP UFT,Selenium
Documentation: MS Office (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint)
Database: MS SQL, Oracle, Toad, DB2, TSYS,Mongo,SOLR,Unix
Configuration Management: Rational (Clear Case, Clearquest), Tortoise SVN,GITHUB
Operating Systems: Windows
Integration/Report Management: Jira, Jenkins,Rally,VersionOne
Scripting Languages: VB Script, Java Script, Groovy Script
PROFESSIONAL EXPE RIENCE:
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
- Participation in scrum team and coordinating with offshore resources and assign respective sprint tasks as discussed during Scrum meetings in a Safe agile Methodology.
- Managing QC resources, work on estimating the effort and report to Stakeholders regarding the estimates.
- Reviewing automated functional and regression test cases
- Reviewing Automated test frameworks and work on representing framework demonstration to stakeholders
- Test/Project Management in JIRA tool
- Creation of reusable automated scripts to query Mongodb, SOLR DB and Hadoop
- Effectively participated in demos to stakeholders on testing in agile methodology and UCV project.
- Review of Integration / End-End testing of UI, Web services and Database.
- Managed the implementation of CICD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Development) in Jenkins from QA perspective.
- Validation of Hadoop data using Unix commands.
- Automated/Manual testing of Web services using SoapUI and Ready API.
- Backend validation of Oracle Database using SQL queries
- Validation of Mongo and Solr (No sql databases) by querying their collections.
- Automating UI using Selenium and cucumber frameworks.
- Release planning and Effort Estimation
- Metrics management
- Team Management
- Automation strategy, Design and Review
- Automated functional and regression test cases via Vb scripting using HP UFT tool.
- Test Scenarios, Test case preparation, Test case Review in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Progressive automation of functional test cases for Web services using HP UFT tool.
- Defect/Test suite Management in HP ALM
- Leading team of 10 members and involved in constructing automation frameworks for both web service and UI related applications.
- Integration testing of Web services and oracle/Sql Database (Stored Procedure queries) using HP UFT and TOAD.
- Worked with IntelliJ software to construct test suites for validating test cases with help of CSV files.
- Project management in Rally for Agile Methodology and Sharepoint for Waterfall projects
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
- Installed Cloudera CDH 5.7.1 Installaion with Hadoop Eco-Systems for Poc’s, Dev and UAT environments.
- Installed and configured MySQL as external database for the services and MySQL Master - Slave setup as backup.
- Handling the data movement between HDFS and different web sources using Flume and Sqoop.
- Installed Oozie workflow engine to run multiple Hive and Pig jobs.
- Worked in client location as Onsite coordinator where responsibility included participation as scrum team member and also coordinating with offshore resources and assign respective sprint tasks as discussed during Scrum meetings.
- Construction of automated functional and regression test cases via scripting using CA LISA tool.
- Test Scenarios, Test case preparation, Test case Review in scrum methodology of UCV UI.
- Progressive automation of functional test cases for Web and REST based services using LISA scripting in each sprint in turn reducing manual effort of functional validation in future sprints.
- Functional and Automated testing of search functionality in SOLR and also testing of documents and elements by querying in Mongodb.
- Test/Project Management in JIRA tool by updating the stories and sprint tasks in JIRA tool.
- Executing the test cases, uploading the test cases and also defect tracking in HP ALM.
- Creation of reusable automated scripts to query Mongodb and SOLR DB.
- Create Scripts to Perform ETL and Queue testing in Lisa/SOAP UI tool.
- Effectively participated in demos to stakeholders on testing in Agile methodology and UCV project.
- Integration / End-End testing of UI, Web services and Database.
- Validation of Web services against Database.
- Requirement gathering and analysis
- Test Scenarios, Test case preparation, Test case Review.
- Automated test script development using Parasoft SOATest and HPST.
- Delivering the services/tasks assigned within strict timelines by estimating and managing the time effectively
- Acted as a POC(Point of Contact) within internal module of a project
- Executing the test cases, uploading the test cases into HP Quality Center.
- Defect tracking in MS Excel.
- Creation of macros that helps in generating required reports.
- Usage of the HP Quality Center and Clear Case
- Uploading the prepared test scripts on to the Clear Case for the future use.
- Documenting and conducting knowledge share session in the team for the web services which I worked on.
- Mentoring new team members in understanding the HP Service Test tool and the process followed in testing the web services.
- Automated Testing of web services using GH tester that includes
- Creation of Database connections
- Creation of New Project and configuring the same with created Database connections.
- Setting up environment within testsuite via parameterization.
- Delivering the services/tasks assigned within strict timelines by estimating and managing time effectively
- Creating Test Cases and mapping Input Request and Output Response
- Running Test Scripts in GH Tester and integrating tool with HP ALM to upload results.
- Parameterization of Test Data
- Analysis of Functional and Technical specification of Web Services.
- Preparing test plan, unit test cases, functional test cases and test data as per acquired functional knowledge.
- Test Management and Defect tracking in Bugzilla and QC.
- Using SQL queries to retrieve data from backend Oracle DB.