- Around 5 years of experience in Analyzing, Designing and Implementation of QA testing strategy for Web - based and Client/Server applications using Manual and Automation testing. Strong analytical, communication, problem-solving, decision making and organization skills and an excellent team player.
- Excellent understanding and experience of working on all phases of SDLC.
- Expertise in analyzing Business and Functional Requirement/Use Case documents for creating test cases.
- Worked extensively on complete Defect management life cycle all the way from executing test cases, identifying defects, logging defects and verification of bug fixes.
- Expertise in Manual testing using HP Mercury Quality Center (QC) and Microsoft Test Manager.
- Proficient in different forms of testing like Manual testing, Unit testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, and Non-functional testing.
- Worked extensively on performing Black Box Testing, System Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in testing web applications with Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) approach.
- Used tools like Specflow and Cucumber with Selenium Webdriver to perform Behavior Driven Development (BDD) testing.
- Experience in creating test data and end to end testing for POS devices/application.
- Automation experience in Selenium using both JAVA and C#.
- Experience in using IDE like Visual Studio and Eclipse.
- Extensive experience on POS self-checkout / POS QA Testing, involved in the setting of QA Test environment with simulated POS test environment; testing and validating POS transaction in accordance with PCI-Compliance.
- Experience on working on XML, JSON and testing web services/API using SOAPUI and Postman in SOA based applications.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries on databases for backend testing
- Extensive experience of working on both web-based and client-server applications.
- Excellent team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experienced in testing web applications hosted in Microsoft Azure.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced environment.
- Extensively automated Regression and Functional test suites by developing test cases and test suites using Selenium WebDriver.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, WebDriver, Selenium Grid, WebDriver Backed Selenium, Quality Center, TFS, Microsoft Test Manager, SOAPUI, Postman, Jenkins
IDE: Eclipse, Visual Studio, SQL Developer
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Xpather
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Mac
Other tools: Qmetry, SVN, SourceTree, BitBucket, GIT, TFS, TFVC
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Developed test cases for various scenarios based upon requirements, designs and specifications.
- Attended daily Scrum Meetings with the Team Lead and Developers and executed daily tasks based on the Agile Methodology.
- Developed and executed Test Suites and Test Scripts based on the requirement documents and using Test Manager.
- Executed test cases manually and verified actual results against expected results.
- Detected, Reported and Tracked bugs using Test manager.
- Performed Sanity, Functional, Negative, Regression, System, Integration, End to End and Backend testing.
- Participated in requirements reviews, design reviews, test plan and test case review.
- Worked with Team Foundation Server (TFS) for version control, source control, bug reporting and project documents.
- Participated in BDD (Behavior Driven Development) approach using NUnit, Gherkin, and Specflow.
- Updated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using C# programming language.
- Used XPath, CSS Selector, ID, Name, Link Text locators to identify objects.
- Modified test plans in accordance with changing requirements.
- Created and executed SQL statements to verify the data in the backend.
- Utilized Test Manager for managing software testing process including planning tests, executing tests, defect tracking and reporting.
- Worked on software Verification and Validation manually and use Assertions for automation.
- Integrated Automation scripts in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for the nightly batch run of the Script.
- Tested web services and API using Postman and automated web services and API using C#.Net HttpClient library.
- Developed and executed SQL joins to validate the results in Web Services/API and Front end with Database.
- Handle High severity issues on priority.
- Responsible for weekly status updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
- Attended review, defect and go-no-go meetings.
Environment: C#, Selenium Webdriver, SOAPUI, Specflow, NUnit, Jenkins, MS Test Manager, Visual Studio, TFS, .NET, SQL, MS Excel, MS Visio, Agile.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
SDET / QA Automation Engineer
- Interacted with the Project Manager, Business Analysts, and Developers to understand the application design and functional specifications.
- Acted as Subject Matter Expert for numerous cross-functional initiatives, including redesigning of Trade Order Management System and downstream processes.
- Involved in the design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Developed and implemented robust MVC Pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Involved in preparing test strategies for client-side verifications and validations.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Used TestNG Framework performed unit testing. Used Eclipse IDE executed and tested various functional modules in Java code using assertion.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Developed automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG and Maven.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running the test on a nightly basis automatically.
- Performed API Level testing for web services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many Test suites using XML.
- Used Soap UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Involved in testing the application utilizing the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Involved in functional testing, black box testing, negative testing, compatibility testing, and recovery testing.
- Involved in testing the compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Developed test code in Java using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Involved in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Implemented open source web test tool Selenium WebDriver for cross-browser and cross-platform web testing.
- Used Jira for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to test search results of the Metasearch engine.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from Oracle database.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Participated in daily, weekly meetings and technical reviews. Prepared reports showing the testing efforts.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber, Eclipse, XPath, SOAPUI, Agile, SQL, Jira, HTML, MSWord, MS Excel, GitHub, TDD, Windows, SQL.
Confidential, Coppell, TX
- Extensively involved in all stages of the testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies and Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Analyzed the business requirements, developed test plans and created test cases in Jira.
- Status reporting and test updating in Jira.
- Worked existing Selenium Automation Framework with Java using Data Driven Testing and TestNG.
- Experienced in the testing framework using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) tools like Cucumber.
- Designed structured User Interface UI automated Test cases using Selenium Webdriver in Java for web-based software products used to perform software testing.
- Involved in writing test scripts using Java and executed it through Selenium WebDriver for Functional and Regression testing.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, GUI/design, Block Box, End to End, Navigational and Regression tests during the execution phase.
- Worked with the Web programming language HTML5, CSS3, XML and selected web element by using developer tools.
- Worked on testing the middle layer, web services and API, of the application using Postman.
- Wrote Data-driven, Cross Browser automation test cases and executed them for Cross-browser compatibility using Selenium Webdriver.
- Used SVN tool for Source code management and also used Selenium Grid for parallel, Batch Test Execution.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL queries to make sure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database tables.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the SQL Server for Data Validation and Data Integrity.
Environment: Java, REST, Postman, Jira, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, SQL, CSS, XML, MS Office, Firefox, IE and Chrome browsers
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Reviewed Project Artifacts, analyzed Requirements, designed the test plan and provided a weekly status report that includes testing metrics, test logs, and tests summary reports.
- Conducted walkthrough meetings with SDLC team to understand the functionality, risk and operations management of the application.
- Validated Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Users Requirement documents to prepare SIT test plan and test scenarios.
- Conducted manual and automated testing for functional and non-functional test cases.
- Created test data for QTP scripts, used external data sources and excel sheets to import test data.
- Developed SQL Queries to query Database to test the back-end of the application.
- Effectively managed the testing process using HP Mercury Quality Centre to manage the requirement and test case and have clear traceability between them.
- Document the defects using the HP Mercury Quality Centre and track them to completion by communicating and coordinating with the development as well as support groups.
- Coordinated with the onshore and offshore resources.
- Set up the test environment and was responsible for the migration between the Development Environment and Testing Environment.
- Created and executed test cases to test SAS products of GE integrated with base applications for rewards and marketing reports.
- Worked on testing SOAP-based web services and API using SOAPUI.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, Java, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2005/2008, MYSQL.