- A detail - oriented, adaptable Database Manager / Business Process Analyst with 18 years of experience in managing financial databases, designing & implementation of client databases (ERP/CRM systems), international relations, and education. Recognized for project management, business process improvement, data analysis, performance management, problem solving and for leading team towards increased efficiencies. Expertise in Data & Documentation Management, Database Maintenance Services, Creation of Technical Requirements, Liaising between Business Stakeholder Requirements and IT Programming. Quality Assurance testing of software upgrades to database and Training of end users. Fluent in English, Japanese, 3 West African (Ghanaian) Languages and some French
- ERP/CRM Systems
- A/P Operations
- Database Management
- Vendor Database Maintenance
- Staff Development / Management
- International and Domestic experience
- Account & Performance Management
Confidential, Arlington VA
- Developing, implementing and managing the FSSC Database Phase II project
- Creating and provided business/data requirements for Phase II
- Managing data entry of consultants into the FSSC Database, through communicating with consultants and reviewing their profiles. As well as implementing new automated parsing of consultant data into database.
- Liaising with Developers and Project Owners on next phase of database system improvement and upgrade
- Creating and providing custom reports and data analysis to business stakeholders requirements and ad hoc requests
- Using data analysis to discover shortfalls in the master data and creating action plans to remedy that
- Running daily data quality tests to ensure master data integrity and QA.
- Reviewing database SQL data for testing and issue resolution
- Administrator of FSSC SharePoint
- Training and support of consultants
- Managing all IT functions for FSSC. Backstopping and assisting with FSSC PM duties
Database/Data Management AnalystConfidential
- Building, improving and facilitating the implementation of a new CV Exchange database.
- Liaising with IT, Developers and FSSC project owners on the development of database to ensure functionality and user-friendliness. Managing complete Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the new database
- Providing logistical and administrative support on entering of CVs and professional data into database
- Streamlining communication between business process needs and technology consultants
- Evaluating and categorizing data fields, CVs and other professional documents in order to populate database
- Using data analysis on current state of data to create better road maps to reach expected goals
- Running quality assurance tests for all facets of database.
- Managing change process and enabling smooth transition from current practices to expected goals
- Creating technical requirements documentation and consolidating business needs documentation with client
Confidential, Vienna VA
AP Database Specialist Vendor Maintenance
- Managed the integrity of the vendor master data in the Lawson financial database system (ERP)
- Handled vendor database of >50K vendor profiles, involving record creation & changes. Researched denied parties validation check. Helped reduce IRS B-notices from over 100 to less than 10.
- Improved the business process in handling the vendor database maintenance department by changing the request process. And trained all affected parties on how to use the new processes.
- Increased the efficiency of the vendor database maintenance department through the creation and implementation of the Request Form & VM work queues to streamline vendor data setup and change requests.
- Increased the performance and quality of the vendor master database by improving its integrity through performing periodic cleansing reviews, duplicate detection and resolution processes.
- Analyzed database data to provide reports as requested by Senior Management
- Provided Concur, travel and expense reimbursement application, training and support to all company employees. Audited Concur to Lawson interface files for accuracy and successful importation.
- Supported wire payment requests for international employees and vendors.
- Handled all domestic and international road check disbursements. Maintained physical checks and check logs.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Data Department Head (Volunteer)
- Researched and selected Church management software (ACS) to implement
- Wrote business/data requirements and SOP documents for both business leads and IT unit to follow project plan
- Installed a new business process for handling the data and made presentations to the church leadership
- Used data analysis to provide customized reports to assist leadership with business decision-making.
- Self-trained and trained other department members on new software
- Managed the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of project
- Worked with service provider to upgraded old database to new database, involving conversion of existing data into new database. Organized team towards catching up on backlog of data entry
- Performed quality assurance on >1500 data records, providing custom analysis and reports on the data
- Handled requests for financial statements during conversion period
- Expanded scope of software to handle other administrative aspects, e.g. scheduling, interdepartmental synergy
Confidential, Ashburn, Virginia
- Managed team of 3 to efficiently support & respond timely to end user group work requests. Approved /assigned escalated requests. Organized team to maintain service levels of workflows
- Business Systems Analyst & Tester for 10+ IT programmers and International departments during Company transition and Software conversion. Tested new programs and software development upgrades to company system
- Wrote Standard Business Requirements for IT to follow in preparation for financial software merge
- Worked with IT programmers on data integration across multiple platforms
- Performed data analysis on integrated data to extract business affecting information for stakeholders
- Completed Microsoft Access and Visio training to aid in the company wide BPI of the financial software system
- Trained 20+ domestic & international users on new software processes & upgraded database
- Maintained and ensured data integrity of >77K vendor profiles in SAP financial database, including running quality assurance testing of data resident in SAP database
- Created & run data loads for mass creation, updates and changes required ensuring compliance with corporate procurement policy
- Discovered software encryption error in the EFT process. Took action, thereby saving up to $14 per transaction
- Maintained and ensured data integrity of >56K vendor profiles in SAP
- Coordinated profile validation with vendor and USPS (United States Postal Service) to keep data current and accurate, resulting in significant monetary cost saving.
- Created new vendor records and edited existing data. Provided database support for all departments /users and programs interfacing into or using SAP Database e.g., AP, Procurement, Ariba.
- Managed periodic cleansing reviews which identify duplicate and inconsistent data
- Ensured interfacing software programs were protected, available and enabled to allow smooth interface flow
- Created & run data loads for mass creation, updates and changes required, ensuring compliance with corporate procurement policy.
- Took part in testing scenarios for software and program enhancements to SAP
Software: Deltek Costpoint, Unanet, SAP, Lawson, Concur and FileNet.
Computer Literate: Microsoft office suite, MS Visio and college experience in C++ programming