- 4 Plus Years of professional experience in testing with extensive knowledge of automation tools and manual testing
- Experience in Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing and System SIT Testing using Manual and Automated testing tools - selenium WebDriver
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, V model and Iterative process
- Strong knowledge of Software testing life cycle (STLC): Including Risk Analysis, Planning Process, Test Design, Performance Test, Defect Tracking, Management and Test Reporting.
- Hands on experience in preparing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios, Test Data and Test Execution
- Expertise in Manual Testing by considering all possible scenarios when designing and improve test cases when new scenarios are discovered.
- Experience in development and maintenance of automation framework that uses Java, Selenium Web driver and TestNG.
- Proficient with scripting and in depth understanding of Object Oriented Design.
- Proficient in in writing SQL and working with databases and integrating database connections to automation frameworks.
- Proficient in Cross browser testing , browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and IE using WebDriver.
- Experience in Webpage development, CSS, database and Application lifecycle Management Tool ( ALM), JIRA, RDBMS, MS Office
- Expertise in applying sound software testing techniques and principles to reduce defects, improve quality and enhance business success.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with business users, business analysts, developers, QA team and capable of coordinating multiple teams across different geographic locations.
- Skilled in research, analysis, solution validation, and implementation.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new environments.
- Self-directed with a high degree of initiative, ability to perform with minimal oversight and ability to understand complex applications.
Automation Tools:: Selenium Web driver, JIRA, Selenium IDE, Maven, Cucumber, HP Quality Center- ALM
Programming: Java, Python, Java Script, HTML, CSS, Visual Basic
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Jr. Quality Assurance Analyst /Automation
- Participated and contributed to QA planning for both Manual and Automation test efforts.
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, build the test strategy document and the test environment, phase of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Responsible for creating test scripts, executing test scripts, logging and tracking defects and documenting the test Results in Quality Center.
- Perform parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Contributed in development of automation framework that uses java, selenium web driver and TestNG.
- Responsible for creation and updating of shared Object repositories and recovery scenarios.
- Created and executed Manual Test scripts to verify complex system requirements and database testing. Transaction Verified through Data Verification of Backend Database using SQL Queries.
- Assisted the quality assurance team to perform manual and user-acceptance testing for defect.
- Involved in the regression test planning for the project and identified the critical regression tests.
- Executed the automated regression test cases during every release and also executed the daily regression test suits.
- Documentation of the functions and their key word representation for Tester’s reference.
- Created light weight Automation test scripts to help manual tester in their day to day tasks for data transition in Application using Selenium IDE.
- Worked closely with the development team for brainstorming, and eliminated defects in software programs, and submitted reports to white box testers.
- Developed various test case scenarios to detect the possible defects in the software, and assessed its quality to make it bug-free.
- Perform acceptance, regression, sanity, and functional/performance testing using automated and manual methods
- Tracked and reported testing activities during each phase of testing cycle, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, logged defects and their status, performance baselines, etc.
- Identified software defects and submitted problem reports via Bugzilla bug-tracking system
- Validated test scripts on different browsers to address compatibility issues.
- Processed exceptional team building skills
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Jr. Quality Assurance Analyst
- Prepared test plans, test cases, test procedures, test reports; which included test methodologies and test summaries for the application under test towards functional, GUI and regression testing.
- Performed Functional, Negative, Positive, Integration, Regression, Sanity, End to End and User Acceptance Testing.
- Defined and performed the Test strategies and associated scripts for the verification and validation of the application and ensuring that it meets all defined business requirements and associated functionality.
- Automated test scripts using Selenium with Firebug and Firefox Add-ons to enhance efficiency of IDE testing.
- Performed smoke testing on the pre-development kits by implementing black and white box testing on
- Reviewed Test scenarios and test cases with business signoff, before the execution starts.
- Provided the Testing effort estimates and timely feedback on progress of the testing activity.
- Validated compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs, and XPath in Selenium.
- Logged the errors, reported defects, determined repair priorities and tracked the defects until resolved.
- Detect software failures and defect reporting so that defects may be discovered and corrected.
- Highly proficient in working with users to gather requirements, analyze them and use design tools to model the requirements..
- Performed feasibility, adaptability study and risk analysis to identify the business critical areas from USER perspective and supported multi-tier applications
- Altered, debugged tests and responsible for sending DSR (Daily Status Reports) for onshore and offshore managers.
- Created public reports using Dashboard, Excel Reports and Document Generator in Quality center to help the QA Manager and Project Manager in reporting Project status report.
- Maintaining the Traceability Matrix, Test Data Matrix and Status report related to project.
- Process exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Participated in the team meetings to discuss the issues arising out of testing
Jr. Quality Assurance Analyst
- Developed test plan, test cases, test scenarios based on users Stories and product's design description to meet business requirements and technical specifications
- Interacted with Developers and Business Analysts to perform various types of testing throughout Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Responsible for gathering Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and Design Documents.
- Executed Manual, Black Box and White Box testing to verify functionality to meet business requirements.
- Participate actively in the Requirement review meetings, Team meetings, to discuss the possible scenarios of testing throughout Software Testing Life Cycle
- Participated in team meetings to understand client requirements, and prepared different test cases to identify the bugs in the program
- Perform Manual Testing and maintain documentation on different types of testing like Positive, Negative, Functional, Regression, Sanity and System Testing.
- Coordinated and prioritized outstanding defects and enhancement/system requests based on business requirements, allowing sufficient time frame to ensure accuracy and consider deadlines.
- Assist in defect call meetings to discuss status of high severity issues.
- Manually tested, verified and validated that the product meets user requirements
- Performed Regression and Re-Testing following any updates of bug fixed by the development team
- Managed and created Test Plans, Test Cases and structure for Test in every Builds
- Prepared and maintained Traceability matrix to ensure the test coverage for all requirements
- Made extensive use of MS Office tools to create and maintain documents such as Test Plans, Test Execution and Test Results Documents.