- Over 6 years of IT industry experience with a proven skill in the field of Software Testing.
- Experience in Agile Management and Software Development with SCRUM Methodology.
- Expertise in White Box Testing, Manual Testing, Automated Testing using tools Selenium IDE/ WebDriver/Grid, Mercury Quality Center, TestNG, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI and Clear Quest.
- Good experience on Selenium Automation using WebDriver and Server.
- Good experience in creating automation framework along with developing, executing and maintaining automation testing script with Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in developing selenium automation framework using TestNG and developing Maven targets to execute automation suites from command line.
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Good experience in Selenium Test environment setup expert using the entire open Source tools.
- Experienced using Web - debugging tool like Fire Path and Firebug for finding elements locator.
- Strong experience in Test planning, Test design, Test Status Reports, Execution and Defect management.
- Experience in User Acceptance Testing, Unit Testing, System, Integration, Smoke, Functional, Back-end, GUI Testing, Regression and Performance testing.
- Excellent knowledge on different testing frame works like Data Driven, Keyword Driven and Hybrid frame works.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAP UI, XML, & WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAP UI.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include SOAP Web Service and RestFul Web Service Testing.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center/ALM, JIRA.
- Strong knowledge on writing SQL queries for Data Driven Testing.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & GIT.
- Good experience working closely with Users, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and Developers to understand requirements, business processes for testing and attended regular walkthroughs.
- Experience in client meetings to study and analyze the requirements for the new functionalities and changes, & coordinating with the team members.
- Good analytical, presentation and communication skills and Experience in handling multiple projects at the same time within deadlines.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID, HP Quality Center, JMeter, Cucumber, Firebug, FirePath, SoapUI, REST API
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, TDD, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid and Modular Frameworks, ATF (Automation Test Framework), Page Object Model, and Backend Testing.
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI, Web Services, and SOAPUI.
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins
Confidential, Oklahoma, OK
Selenium QA Test Engineer
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall, Agile methodologies.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing using Selenium, TestNG and Eclipse IDE.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Created test cases, scripts based on functional specification, prepared test data for simultaneous and combined Trade testing.
- Developed Test cases manually and generated Automation Scripts using open source tools like Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, SOAP UI, Maven and Jenkins.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver and executed a batch of tests as TestNG suite.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Maven to build the Project.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Involved in acceptance testing using Cucumber and Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Develop Java scripts to automate the test cases.
- Involve d in We b Se r v ice s Te s ti ng us ing SOAP UI to c re a te a nd e x e c ute a uto ma t e d fu nc tional, reg r e s s ion, co mp lia nc e, a nd loa d te s ts .
- Involved in executing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
- Used JIRA for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Used GIT for code repositories and Maven for the dependencies.
- Working closely with the Developers in the review and modification of the product and its specifications using Agile-testing methodology.
QA Automation Engineer
- Coordinated with different teams and prepared Test Plans and Test Strategy documents and helped other QA members with Business Requirements.
- Working in Agile environment, using SCRUM , participating in sprint related activities.
- Involve in the Walk-Through meeting before moving the test cases for automation and daily SCRUM for providing the updates about the subtasks, challenges and major defects.
- Designed, executed and maintained Selenium Web Driver (TestNG) automated test cases for regression test cases.
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium (IDE and Web Driver).
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Maven to build the Project.
- Designed, Implemented and Maintained the Java-Based Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver , TestNG & Java.
- Implemented test scripts based on the test cases and test data in Quality Center.
- Helped and mentored new team members to come up to speed by providing Knowledge transfer
- Preparation and execution of test scripts using SOAP UI tool to perform Web Services testing.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API .
- Performed Data Validation and Data Integration for Back End testing using SQL Queries.
- Performed Database testing by executing SQL queries/Procedures.
- Reviewing Test plans, Test conditions, Test scripts, and Test results.
- Execute the Test cases and review the results to get the Business approval for UAT.
- Wrote tests using Java web applications. Web controls testing - wrote automation to test the controls from end to end starting to invoke in Internet Explorer.
- Experienced in testing applications manually as well as using the automated testing tools like Quality Center/ALM.
- Co-ordination between Technology and Business to ensure all the outstanding issues are being addressed, fixed and retested.
- Performed Regression test using automated testing tool Selenium.
- Involved in the regression test planning for the project and identified the critical regression tests.
- Active role in creation of Test plan, Test strategy, Test cases and managing their executions.
- Doing end-to-end automation starting from automation requirements analysis and designing of automation strategy to framework development and tests executions/maintenance.
- Working on projects based on Agile methodology.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver/IDE, Agile, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, SOAP UI, REST API, Page Object Model Framework, Quality Center/ALM, Windows.
QA Automation Engineer
- Transitioned software development efforts to a test-driven development (TDD) process, which brought QA testing in on the front-end of the development cycle for gains in code quality, software functionality and programmer productivity.
- Involved in testing various business rules User/Customer functionalities, and Change Processes.
- Prepared a detail test schedule and test metrics on a weekly basis to know the status of the application.
- Develop Java Test codes using Eclipse IDE and TestNG framework.
- Implemented well-formatted Logs by using API's Like Log4j and Reports using TestNG etc.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automated testing of website developed using Java.
- Used TestNG to achieve data-driven approach.
- Used Selenium API for Mouse movements, Keystrokes, Window control manipulations and pop-ups.
- Created test reports generated out of TestNG and captured the error screenshots.
- Automated running Regression tests and build report generator for daily builds using Jenkins Build Jobs, Maven.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Followed agile methodology and ran a batch of automated smoke tests, regression tests for every build.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Used SOAPUI for WSDL Validation. Used different Assertions for validating responses
- Responsible for entering, tracking bugs in JIRA to resolve bugs. Involved in verification of fixed bugs using and generated weekly quality progress reports.
- Interacted with development and product management teams for the quick resolution of reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Analyze business and system requirements, mange development of specifications to create and execute detailed test plans, and verify bug fixes.
- Oversee on- and off-site QA analysts.
- Configure test environment and create strategy for product development and certification.
- Assure test data, schedule automated/manual tests.
- Approve results documentation and tracking systems updates.
- Determined testing requirements developed and reviewed scripts for positive and negative test scenarios, conducted baseline testing, and generated reports. Tested server and Web Portal.
- Analyzed application, system, and security errors. Escalated issues to developers and verified fixes.
- Designed test plans and defined cases for functional, integration system, and user acceptance testing.
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates.
Environment: Windows, SDLC, STLC, IE, chrome, Firefox, Android, IOS, Jira.
Manual QA Tester
- Reviewed Test Cases, Test sets, Review Reports and ensured that they are in accordance with QA Best Practices
- Preparing Test plans, Test Strategy, Test Cases based on Business requirements, Functional specifications, Technical Specification and SRS.
- Wrote Test Cases defined Test Strategy, Generating Test sets, executed Test Cases -generated reports for tracking progress in general and for tracking defects using Qulaity Center
- Developed functional test scripts using Functional Tester and for conducting the regression tests
- Interact with business units and developers to gather and document requirements.
- Extensively used SQL queries to test the Backend of the application.
- Reviewed of Software and Business Requirement, Functional specifications Technical Documents with the stake holders
- Managed the defects detected in the UAT throughout the defect life cycle in the UAT.
- Prepared UAT Test reports indication clearly the areas of Risk, Recommendation
Environment: Manual Testing, UAT, SQL, Quality Center, Windows.