- 8+ years of experience in Quality Analyst & Automation testing in all stages of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in writing automated test scripts in Selenium.
- Good Automation experience using Selenium IDE/RC/ Web Driver and TestNG frameworks.
- Good experience in methodologies like Waterfall, Agile and Scrum processes.
- Experience creating user stories in Product backlog and maintaining Sprint backlog.
- Wrote gherkin and Ruby scripting automation test scripts to execute in Cucumber.
- Experience in testing Client - server, Web and Mobile applications.
- Excellent experience in Smoke, Functional, Integration, GUI, Regression, System, Compatibility, Performance, Acceptance, Security, Stress, Black Box Testing etc.
- Experience in validating Regular and Ajax control using Selenium locators (Xpath, CSS, id and name).
- Experienced in reading the test data from XL spread sheets using JXL API and TEST NG Data provider.
- Hands on experience in Xpath, Firebug, Fire Path, Log4j, Maven and TEST NG annotations.
- Good experience on testing web services (SOAP, REST) using SOAP UI Tools.
- Experienced in automated testing utilizing Selenium and Appium.
- Test mobile application (iOS, Android) for defects, focusing on functionality and usability between web browser and mobile devices.
- Write and execute MTM test cases across all functional areas of the application using multiple browsers (IE, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox).
- Highly skilled in testing Mobile and Web-Based applications with SQL/Oracle Databases.
- Expertise in using Tools Mercury/HP Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, BugZilla, Rally and JIRA.
- Good knowledge in Automation of Backend services (RESTFUL) using Java.
- Experience in Continuous integration tools like Maven, Jenkins and Rally Tools.
- Extensive experience in working with databases including Oracle 11/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000/7.0.
- Experience with UAT testing along with data setup, Environment setup and coordination between users, Development, Business Analyst and Product Management teams.
- Experience with build tools like Ant, Maven and Gradle.
- Good experience in data sources, data profiling, data validation, developing low-level design patterns based on the business and functional requirements.
- Excellent analytical, communication, documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated resourceful team player that takes a positive approach to problem resolution Expert in industry standard software development methodologies and life-cycles.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID, Mercury QTP, HP Quality Center, JUnit, Cucumber, Firebug, Fire Path, TestNG, JXL, SOAPUI, Coded UI, Manual Testing, Appium (Mobile Testing)
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, TDD, BDD, Mockito, Protractor Firefox Add-ons XPath, Firebug
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI, Web Services, SOAP UI
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center (9, 10, 11.0), BugZilla, Visual Studio TFS (2008, 2010, 2012), JIRA.
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson
Databases Technologies: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, OLAP and OLTP, Oracle 9i/10g, MS Access 2000, TSQL, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, MYSQL
Platforms: Windows 7/Vista/XP, UNIX, Linux
Sr. Quality Analyst
Confidential, New York, NY
- Performed Test Planning, Test Scenarios and Test Cases documentation along with some manual and automation testing.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and J-Behave framework.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, J-Behave, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using J-Behave.
- Cucumber was used for the entire regression testing and functional testing with selenium as a primary tool to the Test scenarios, Test cases and test conditions identified.
- Using Jenkins for nightly build execution and sending status mail if build fails to QA team.
- Ensure that software that is developed meets the criteria set out in the functional and non- functional specifications.
- Consumed some of the soap web services into the project and tested with various inputs.
- Developed Soap WSDL files and made those available to other teams after testing the services in SoapUI tool.
- Designed End-to-End Page Object Model framework for Angular JS application using Protractor.
- Executing Performance tests with derived loads include baseline, load tests and mixed load test with multiple scenarios using LoadRunner Controller.
- Developed Test Cases to implement BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions.
- Creating the test execution report, which documents test results and lists any issues observed using LoadRunner Analysis.
- Performed GUI, Functional, Interface, Regression, Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Proficient at creating and executing SQL Queries involving multiple tables using join statements and validated it against Web-UI.
- Executed automation scripts on different browsers/environments /results to the team.
- Created and executed test cases using SOAP UI and ITE Eclipse.
- Generated Restful API's and tested in postman browser extension.
- Examined and validated application log files using Putty telnet (UNIX).
- Performed Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL statements on SQL Database.
- Unit tested frontend with Protractor, and the backend with Karma/Jasmine.
- Experience in supporting tools like Remedy, JIRA and worked closely with clients to segregate production issues and CR's (Change Requests).
- Created public reports using Dashboard, Excel Reports and Document Generator in Quality Center to help the QA Manager and Project Manager in reporting Project status reports.
Sr. Quality Analyst
Confidential, Danbury, CT
- Working as a Quality Assurance Analyst in the testing team for a large enterprise-level application built on Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Coordinates with Business Analysts and IT Technical Delivery Leads to complete testing specifications and release requirements.
- Performed Web Services testing and Validated XML request/response data using Parasoft SOAtest.
- Performed business functional tests at various stages of STLC such as Functional Testing, Integration, Interface, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Regression Testing, Sanity and End-to-End testing in Web/Client Servers.
- Test Suites were created to execute the test cases and to validate the API calls using Parasoft SOAtest tool.
- Extensively used GIT to pull the data from the repository and to push automated test cases, reports and results.
- Tested Webservices /XML / SOAP and RESTful services using Parasoft SOAtest tool.
- Extensively used PL/SQL features such as procedures, functions, packages & database triggers for maintaining complex integrity constraints and implementing the complex business rules.
- Developed Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Behavior Driven Testing (BDT) with Cucumber JVM to implement Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Developed data driven framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and implemented Java Mail to send the regression result automatically.
- Wrote Scenarios, Scenario outlines and step definitions using Cucumber for BDD.
- Worked Intensively with operations team by providing the required automated scripts while performing integration testing for CICD pipeline using GitLab.
- Bugs were reported and tracked using Rally and JIRA.
- Created SQL Queries, PL-SQL, Stored procedures, functions for the Database Layer by studying the required business objects and validating them with stored procedures.
- Used Splunk server logs daily to debug any issues during testing and always on a lookout for any kind of errors & exceptions thrown by data services that might down or timing out or not handling null values appropriately.
- Tested Web services (SOAP and REST) using Parasoft SOAtest, Postman Collection and Swagger Doc to validate consumer Rest API in a TTD / agile environment.
- Performed Interface Testing (API testing) and ensured data and control are working properly between middleware and backend systems using complex Application Programming Interface (API).
- Extensively automated regression and functional test suites by developing test cases using Selenium WebDriver, java and TestNG.
- Used Postman to test endpoints to verify correct responses.
- Developed keyword driven and data driven frameworks to retrieve test actions, test data from excel files and SQL databases.
- Generated Traceability matrix to map requirements, tests and defects.
Confidential, New York City, NY
Sr.QA Selenium Tester
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts for Regression testing using Selenium Web Driver and TESTNG.
- Performed performance and load testing of an application
- Interpret application architectures and identify areas for automation.
- Testing functionality and compatibility of Desktop applications.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server.
- Involved in Performing Functional testing, Regression testing, System testing, Integration testing, Security testing, Configuration testing, GUI testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Created Test plan, High level scenarios, test case construction and test estimates, resource estimates and weekly status reports.
- Conducted Test Case Walkthroughs to achieve consensus on Test Case correctness & completeness ensuring width and depth of test scenarios.
- Performed web services testing with SOAP UI and Performed Security testing for employee login validations.
- Worked on implementing current Rest web services to one of cloud computing services AWS.
- Used AWS framework for creating background and multistep workflows.
- Automated test scripts in selenium with test automation in python
- Conducted white-box testing to understand an internal perspective of the system to design test cases.
- Recorded and managed defects.
- Worked on Integration of Selenium RC/Web Driver with existing API to test Framework.
- Implemented Agile/Scrum methods for testing approach.
- Configured Selenium GRID scripts on Virtual machines
- Handled view layer for web using ReactJS.
- Performed Compatibility testing of applications for dynamic and static content of browsers using HTML Ids and XPath in Selenium
- Responsible for Setting up Web Services project using WSDL in SOAPUI and provided setup help to other teams.
- Experienced in generating Test Reports using ReportNG and Extent Report.
- Experienced in configuring Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server with GitHub and Maven.
- Experienced in using Swagger for REST API specification.
- Experienced in using POSTMAN and REST-assured for Restful Web services/REST API testing.
- Experienced in automating Test Cases using Groovy programming in SOAPUI.
- Created automated test script using selenium WD and python to ensure that Native application is bug free
- Used python to develop Automation framework to validate Rest Web services.
- Managed Test results and defects using JIRA defect tracking tool
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing)
- Monitor resolution status of the bugs and verify them fixed in new releases.
- Maintain Selenium scripts in between releases. Reproduce failed automated test cases manually.
- Provide cross-browser (Chrome, Firefox, MSIE, Safari, Opera) and cross-platform (Windows 8) testing of the application's web pages.
Environment: QTP, Selenium, TestNG, SoapUI, Quick Test Pro, Quality Center 9/10, SQL, Agile, HP Load Runner 9.1, XML, Java, ReactJS, Web Services
Confidential, Chicago, IL
QA Selenium Automation Tester
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications. Designing Test Lab and formulation of Test Strategy, Test Plans Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using SeleniumWeb Driver.
- Conducted Automation testing using the Standards, guidelines and structured methodology in testing the application using Java.
- Responsible for implementation of Keyword, Data Driven Frameworks, Page Object Model using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium Web Driver automation framework for smoke andregression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Have intensive experience in using Maven as build management Tool.
- Developed new and updated existing Automation test cases using Selenium Web Driverand TestNG, using Git as VCS for a Java based Web application, using Maven as build tool and Jenkins to create and run deployment.
- Developed Automation scripts in Selenium for regression testing- Browse, Search, Add to Cart and Login & checkout functionalities.
- Performing Functional, Integration, Regression, Smoke, White box/Black box Testing for Web App.
- Involved in Performance tuning of the existing SQL and PL/SQL Queries.
- Responsible for reporting and tracking the defects using JIRA.
- Created Feature File Scenario Outline with Cucumber framework and wrote Acceptance test using BDD.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using SOAP UI.
Environment: Windows, Selenium Web Driver, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Maven, JSON, XML, Git, TestNG, Fire path, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, SQL Server, Linux, Keyword, Data Driven, Page Object Model.