- Senior QA Analyst with 6+ years of experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC); Developing Test Strategy, Test Cases, Test Plan and Automation test scripts using Selenium. Diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing serving various domains such as Retail, Insurance.
- Experience in different phases of Software Testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Agile Methodology/SCRUM, Waterfall.
- Experience in Web based testing including GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Performance Testing, Stress Testing, Smoke testing, Sanity Testing, Functional Testing and Unit Testing.
- Expertise in automation of Web - based application testing using Selenium Web driver, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Selenium IDE and Worked on multiple browsers like IE, Firefox and Chrome Driver.
- Performed BDD -Behavior Driven Development, ATDD -Acceptance Test-Driven Development and testing using Cucumber, Selenium, JAVA and TestNG.
- Experience in creation of Automation test scripts using frameworks like Page Object Model.
- Hands on experience using Excel (POI API) for Data Driven Development testing frameworks.
- Experience in using JUNIT & TestNG test frameworks in creating test scripts, test suites, HTML reports.
- Experience in generating tests using Log4j in various output targets.
- Good knowledge on web service testing using SOAPUI.
- Hands on experience in using build and project management tolls like MAVEN and Configuration management tools like CVS, SVN.
- Performed Continuous integration automation using Jenkins.
- Expertise in Defect Management/Problem Solving including tracking bugs, reporting using Quality Center/ALM, Bugzilla and JIRA.
- Experience in using finder mechanisms like CSS, XPath expression, HTML id to find the Web Elements.
- Extensively involved in debugging Web Application using Firebug.
- Performed manual and automated testing using HP-Mercury tool like Quality Center, Quick Test Professional.
- Participated in requirement review meetings, analyzing requirements, developing test plan and test cases, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Defect Management, Reporting and Tracking.
- Experience in preparing test data for positive and negative testing and identified critical bugs in the product early in the test execution cycle.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries and performing Database testing including data integrity and data validation testing.
- Proficient in analyzing Business Requirements, Functional and Technical specifications, User Requirements, Performing GAP Analysis and Test estimation.
- Experience in Black Box Testing Techniques - Boundary Value Analysis and Equivalence Portioning.
- Documented, implemented, monitored, and enforced all processes and procedures for testing which are the standards defined by the organization.
- Proficient in using Quality Center for Test Planning and Defect Reporting and Tracking; Thorough understanding of the Defect life-cycle process.
- Worked with cross functional testing teams and developers for closing defects.
- Performed duties as an individual contributor and can manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work independently and collaboratively within a diverse technical team.
Development methodology: Agile/ Scrum, Waterfall.
Artifacts: Test Plan, Test Cases, RTM, Test Summary Report, Bug report
Automation Tool: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, Junit, TestNG, Auto It, log4j, Soap UI.
Framework: Page Object Model, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Testing Frame work.
Bug Management Tools: Quality Center/ ALM,JIRA.
Programming Languages: Java, Java Script, HTML, XPath, CSS, Soap, WSDL, Restful
Database/Database tools: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Toad.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, UNIX.
Confidential, Lincolnshire, Illinois
QA Automaton Tester
- Understanding and analyzing User stories based on Detail acceptance criteria for the corresponding Sprint.
- Involved in creating, updating and executing of test cases according to requirements.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium Web Driver using Java programming language
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium Web Driver .
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Executed System Test Cases/Scenarios in DEV environment and make sure that user stories are working as expected.
- Involved in developing BDD scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions for behavior
- Participated in continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Involved in verification of manual update files for different subject areas
- Involved in Web Services testing using WSDL in SOAPUI.
- Involved in Smoke testing, Sanity Testing and Regression Testing.
- Involved in verifying data in application through SQL queries against the Business Rules.
- Actively interacted with the onsite team, development team and conducted meetings for clarifications.
- Coordinated with Developers to resolve any open defects by replicating the scenarios in debug mode.
- Involved in Regression Testing on DEV / QA / UAT Environments.
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings.
- Involved in preparing monthly QA metrics and Weekly status reports.
- Defect tracking was done in Quality Center and ALM.
Environment: Java, Manual Testing, MS Excel, Eclipse, Selenium Web driver, TestNG, Cucumber, SoapUI, ALM, JIRA.
- Analyzed application business requirements, technical specification and Installation guidelines.
- Responsible for analyzing the requirements and the critical areas of the application to setup and execute Baseline tests.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium Web Driver using Java programming language.
- Wrote and executed test cases for major program modules as per Business requirement Documents
- Designed, coded and executed automated tests using Java/TestNG/XML/SQL based test frameworks.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG functions which reads data from scripts using property and Excel files.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium Web Driver and Cucumber.
- Responsible for Setting up Web Services project using WSDL in SOAPUI and provided setup help to other team members.
- Performed usability, GUI, Functionality and regression testing of the new builds
- Identified application defects to minimize number of steps to reproduce the problem
- Used JIRA for updating the status of all the test cases & test scripts that are executed during testing process.
- Involved in Back-End testing by extracting flat files from server, which were generated by batch process to verify Data against expected results.
- Performed cross browser (IE, FIREFOX, Chrome, Safari) and platform (Windows 7/Vista/ XP) compatibility testing in virtual machine environment
- Interacted with the respective developers to explain the testing issues on behalf of the testing team and managed the entire testing effort. Identified and isolated software defects and reported them.
- Actively participated in QA team meetings and discussions. Participated in Sprint planning and Agile Scrum meeting on daily basis.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Java, Eclipse, JIRA, TestNG, XML, Windows, Oracle, HTML, SQL, SoapUI, Cucumber.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Interacting with client, Development team to understand and gather the Functional and Non-Functional requirements for projects/each release.
- Involved in testing of application using the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Involved in Requirements streaming and Preparation of Test cases based on Backlogs.
- Involved in updating and executing of Test Cases according to requirements.
- Performed GUI and functional testing for different modules of application using Black box Testing Techniques.
- Involved in Preparation of Test Scenarios and Review of Test Cases.
- Involved in Regression testing using Quick Test Pro and Creation of automation scripts for desktop pages.
- Testing and logging defects using Quality center, resolving issues with Dev team.
- Updating HPQC with test data created and generating reports from HPQC Dashboard.
- Adhering to process, ensuring relevant business stories are mapped from Test Plan to Test Lab in HPQC.
- Reporting daily status of data creation and sending weekly status reports.
- Involved in training session and task allocation to team Members
- Worked with Business Customers, Business Analysts, Software Developers, QA team, and Project Leads to ensure successful roll out of high-quality application
Environment: Agile, UFT, HP-ALM, SoapUl, JIRA, MS Office, Sql Server, Selenium, Windows 7.
QA Software Tester
- Handled the delivery schedules, taking care of the deliverables in strict adherence to the quality methods and getting them delivered in time.
- Involved in requirement analysis and Gap analysis of Business System Design and Use cases.
- Participated in Business/Development meetings to understand user requirements
- Designed and developed the Test plan, test strategies for the applications and executed them.
- Involved in User Interface, Functionality, Navigation, and Security testing.
- Involved in testing Service Request Module and Products.
- Performed Integration testing to ensure data processing, interface validity and proper communication among components of each application.
- Prepared test data for both positive and negative testing
- Data Validation is done using oracle SQL queries on different environments Integration, Test, UAT and Production Environment.
- Performed Sanity testing for each new build of the application.
- Performed Database testing by executing SQL queries Using Toad
- Performed functional, system and regression testing manually.
- Attended project meetings, release meetings, and QA status meetings.
- Responsible for preparing the user documentation and helping the users in UAT.
- Used Quality center for defect creating and Monitor bug fixes through defect tracking process.
- Worked with Developers for any change in the code and its effects on the project.
Environment: Java, HTML, SQL Server, UNIX, Quality Center, Windows XP, Oracle and Selenium.