- Around 5 years of Quality Assurance experience with strong expertise in Performance/Load Testing using HP Performance Center/Load Runner and JMeter.
- Extensive experience in automated testing of Web based and Client/Server applications with proficiency in Load and Performance Testing.
- Proficient in writing test plans, test cases, test scripts and test report preparation.
- Performed Performance Testing, Functional Testing and Regression Testing using automated testing tools including HP Load Runner, HP Performance Center, Quick Test Pro, HP Quality Center, JMeter.
- Significant experience Load testing various applications including Java, .Net, Business Objects and Citrix GUI applications.
- Extensive experience using HP Load Runner for Performance Testing, Stress Testing, Failover Testing and Regression Testing.
- Proficient in Creating and Enhancing Load runner Citrix protocol scripts, Executing Tests and Analyzing results using Load Runner Analysis and Performance Center.
- Experienced in Design and Execution of Test criteria, Scenarios, and Scripts from requirements.
- Well versed with all functionality of Virtual User Generator and Correlating Statements, configuring Run time settings for HTTP, iterations, Simulated Modem speeds to match the testing scenario to real world scenario.
- Experienced in monitoring CPU, Memory, Network, Concurrent Web connections, Threads and through put while running Baseline, Performance, Load, Stress and Soak testing.
- Experience in Analyzing Backend response times in CA Introscope.
- Experienced in Planning and Translation of Software Business Requirements into test conditions; execution of all types of tests; and identification as well as logging of Software bugs for business process improvement.
- Experience in monitoring Web Servers and Application Servers such as Microsoft IIS, web logic, web sphere and Database Servers such as SQL Server and Oracle during the Performance Test with window.
- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance methodologies and strategies with better understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Worked on Agile Methodology closely with developers to track and fix defects. Also worked in tracking everyday tasks in JIRA board.
- Excellent ability to understand complex scenarios and business problems, and transfer the knowledge to other users/developers in the most comprehensible manner.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and the ability to work in a cross - functional environment. Effectively able to work as a team member as well as independently on multiple applications.
Operating system: Windows2000, Windows NT, AIX, UNIX, Solaris
Environment: Web and App Servers(Web Logic 10g, 11g, 12C, Web Sphere 7.1, 8.0 and 8.5, MQ Series), MTX, IIS, LDAP, SNA server, SQL Servers, AS 400, IBM 6000, MQ Series (IBM and MS)
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, LDAP, Access, Sybase, DB2
Languages: Java, JSP, Html, DHTML, Visual Basic, Oracle, C, C++, SQL, XML, .Net, Com, DCOMC #, ASP
Testing tool: LoadRunner, Test Director, Quality Center, HP Diagnostics, HP Performance Center, Jmeter, QTP
Methodologies: Performance Engineering, CMM, TQM, Quality Assurance
ERP: Oracle Apps (HR, FI), People Soft HRMS, People Soft Finance Modules Siebel (sales)
Other: ETL, Shell Programming, Wintel, Optimal Application Expert, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Web Methods, TIBCO, Oracle
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Independently developed Load runner Vugen and Jmeter test scripts according to test specifications/requirements.
- Designed performance test suites by creating Web (HTTP/HTML), Web services, Java over HTTP and Click & Script test scripts, workload model. Extensively used VuGen and Jmeter to create Test Scripts.
- Identify system/application bottlenecks and worked to facilitate the tuning of the application/environment in order to optimize capacity and improve performance of the application in order to handle peak workloads generated via LoadRunner tool to simulate activity.
- Created scenarios to emulate concurrent Vusers, tested using Rendezvous points in the Vuser scripts and executed the Vuser Scripts in various scenarios which were both goal oriented and manual using Load Runner.
- Correlated and Parameterized test scripts to capture Dynamic values and input various test data as per business requirements.
- Using Performance Center, execute multi-user performance tests, used online monitors (perf Mon), real-time output messages and other features of the LoadRunner Controller/Performance center.
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize meaningful and relevant results in a complete Performance Test Report.
- Develop and implement load and stress tests with HP Performance Center and Controller present performance statistics to application teams, and provide recommendations of how and where performance can be improved.
- Monitoring the various machines during load tests and informing the corresponding teams in case of issues.
- Created detailed test status reports, performance capacity reports, web trend analysis reports, and graphical charts for upper management using Load Runner analysis component.
- Root Cause Analysis & Bottleneck Analysis/Problem Isolation after Performance Testing using Wily Introscope.
- Expertise in Capacity Planning, Data Modeling and Root Cause Analysis
- Expertise in statistical and mathematical analysis and interpretation of data.
- Identified the Memory leaks and Garbage collection on Application servers and worked with middleware team on Java heap memory utilization.
- Created detailed test status reports, performance capacity reports, web trend analysis reports, and graphical charts, updating status tracker, project closure documents, and Updating PE Heat map for top level managers.
- Performs in-depth analysis to isolate points of failure in the application.
- Monitor and administrate hardware capacity to ensure the necessary resources are available for all tests.
Environment: Load Runner 12.01&12.5, Jmeter, VSphere, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Grafana, Splunk 6.3, Kibana (Real User Monitoring Data), JENKINS Automation, WebPageTest (synthetic testing tool), Splunk.
- Working with clients to understand business needs and relate them in terms of performance testing.
- Assisting Project Manager with deliverables, maintaining project plans and schedules.
- Logging and tracking defects, change management, management of any other requests,
- Analyzing required effort in terms of resources needed, script complexity, scenario design challenges, overall man-hours required and documenting them in HLE before every project execution.
- Gathering and analyzing Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) for performance test planning.
- Developing Requirement Intake Form for detailing business transaction, developing test cases and script workflows, number of scripts, success criteria.
- Test scripts development in HP LoadRunner VuGen. Modifying TruClient scripts with required Correlations, Parameterization, logic, think times, iterations, pacing, logging options and preferences.
- Designing scenarios in HP LoadRunner Controller. Scheduling tests by scenario/group, setting virtual user initiation period, ramp up, test duration and ramp down times.
- Preparing load generators and accessing web, app and db servers, executing scripts and tracking test metrics such as transaction graphs, runtime graphs and resource graphs.
- Using HP LoadRunner Analyzer tool for documenting results and summary report in details.
- Adding new graphs to the Analyzer reports, comparing results with SLAs, merging two or more graphs to compare results, exporting HTML reports.
- NeoLoad scripting, design and execution of load test.
- NeoLoad performance testing tool installation, license management and hardware configuration.
- Generating detailed reports and presenting them to project team and management after every test.
- Using cloud-based testing tool Neotys NeoLoad to design and conduct Stress test on mobile phone-based applications (iOS, Android)
- Used Neotys cloud-based load generators to simulate virtual users from various IPs from different geographic location.
- Conducting Phase II testing based on results from Phase I and system refinement to resolve bottlenecks.
- Preparing Final Reports and coordinating QA sign off for every project completion.
- Using various performance test strategies for testing applications, environment that cannot be readily tested using available test tools such as before and after tests, background execution test, baseline versus modification tests among others.
Environment: LoadRunner 12.02/12.50, Neotys NeoLoad, JMeter, HP performance Center, DynaTrace, HP Quality Center, Rivermine, LoadUI, SiteScope, CAService Desk Manager, ASP.NET, Web Services.
- Involved in developing test cases and scripts for Load/Stress and Performance testing of the application.
- Created and executed Test cases based on business requirements and test plans using Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center for Test Execution, Defect Tracking and Reporting.
- Responsible for Performance Tuning for Load, Stress, Endurance Test executions using both Load Runner.
- Developed automated load test scripts using Virtual User Generator and created Virtual Users to replicate the real time users in Load Runner.
- Modified Scripts and passed dynamic values using Parameterization and Correlation using Load Runner.
- Monitored different graphs like Transaction Response Time and Analyzed Server Performance Status, Hits per Second, Throughput using Load Runner.
- Analyzed No. of Hits per second, Average Throughput and Response Time of Individual Transactions for specified duration using Load Runner.
- Created automated scripts for AUT using VuGen in Load Runner http/html, web services protocol for regression scenarios.
- Defined criteria for performing usability testing, analyzed results of testing sessions, and presented results to development team.
- Performed interactive walkthroughs of test scripts with Developers, Business users and Business Analysts.
Environment: HP Load Runner, Back-End Testing, Technical Design Document, Technical Specification Document, MS Excel, IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Windows XP.