- QA Analyst with 6 years of combined experience in manual testing and automation testing using Selenium with Java on Web based, Client/Server, GUI, Windows and Data Warehouse applications with strong business understanding.
- In depth understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) in Agile and Waterfall environments to ensure Quality Control.
- Strong knowledge in writing Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports and Test Matrices by mapping them with the requirements for generating a Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Proficient in dealing with open source tools like Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid and Selenium RC, Eclipse, Cucumber, Java, Junit, TestNG, Maven, LoadRunner.
- Expertise in working with Manual and Automated testing tools such as: SOAP UI, IBM RIT, Clear Quest, ALM.
- Experience in performing various testing methods like UAT, Installation, Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing, Gray Box Testing, Incident Recovery, Cross Browser and Compatibility Testing.
- Expert in Bug Tracking and Reporting with the Test Director/ HP Quality Center. Well experienced in using Test Management tools such as RALLY, JIRA, Bugzilla, bug reporting tools to track the test progress, execution and deliverables. Hands on experience in using Configuration management tools like SVN, also the build and project management tools like Maven.
- Excellent in using various Spying tools like Firebug and Firepath element as a Firefox add - on for addressing web elements using Locator’s ID, Class name, CSS Selector, Xpath, etc.
- Proficient in authoring requirements Artifacts, Business Requirement Document (BRD), System Requirements Specification Document (SRS), Use-cases, Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Technical Requirements Document (TRD), and Change Requests Planning (CRP).
- Strong knowledge on handling Synchronization with conditional (Implicit, Explicit) and unconditional wait statements.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using Java, Junit/TestNG, Selenium WebDriver/IDE/Grid, ANT/Maven and Jenkins.
- Expertise in using Apache POI for data driven frameworks, to load data into required test scripts from external sources like excel sheets.
- Effective in using JIRA Project Management software for user story documentation, assignments, reporting and defect tracking.
- Proficient in mobile testing using Appium on real and virtual devices to execute the mobile automation test scripts.
- Well versed in working with rational tools RFT, RTC.
- Handled special mouse events and keyboard actions like mouse hover, drag and drop, context click using Selenium Actions builder. Worked on handling the Pop-ups Screens, Multiple windows with Selenium.
- Expertise in implementing Maven as a build management tool to manage the required dependencies, plugins and for uniform build systems. Experience working with logging frameworks such as Log4j and Extent loggers, to capture the flow of test cases of an application.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using Gherkin Language to write the acceptance criteria’s such as feature file, Scenarios, outline and performed the step decisions and runner classes using Cucumber.
- Experienced in ETL testing and checked data transformation, data validation, data truncation by comparing source to target repositories.
- Performed ETL testing on table by using functions like SUM, Length, Count, TRIM, Date part, on multiple columns to check data mismatch or data truncation.
- Experienced in performing Backend testing by writing SQL queries and running PL/SQL scripts in TOAD.
- Worked in Joins and Sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Reported defects using Defect Management Tool JIRA.
- Proficient in Cross Browser Testing of applications on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and Firefox browsers and Cross Platform testing on Windows, iOS Android.
- Performed manual Functionality Tests of Web pages including HTML Code Check, Browser Compatibility Tests, Browser Page Testing, Application Testing and Internationalization.
- Experienced in working/coordinating the QA efforts with offshore resources as well as preparing and reporting Daily, Weekly and Monthly reports as per the current project standards and processes.
- Flexible and versatile to adapt to new concepts of any environment, very co-operative team player with good inter-personal communication skills, extremely dedicated, Pro-active and willing to assume responsibility with good problem solving and documentation skills.
Programming Languages: Java, CSS, HTML, jQuery, Gherkins, XML
Testing Tools: SELENIUM IDE/WebDriver/GRID, QTP, JUNIT 3/4, TestNG, Firebug, FirePath, xpath, Maven, JSON, Jenkins, SVN, SOAPUI, Appium, ETL testing, Database testing
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center (QC), Bugzilla, JIRA, GitHub, Mercury/HP, Rational Clear Quest, Rally, Firebug, LoadRunner
Web Services: SOAP, RestFul, WSDL, SOAPUI
Operating System: Windows, MAC, DOS, Linux/ Unix
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, MY SQL
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere, Web Logic, IIS
Version Control: SVN, GIT
Scripting Languages: Java, Groovy Script
Browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
Framework: Keyboard Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Driven, Page Object Model (POM).
Sr. Automation Engineer
Confidential, Austin TX
- Involved in the Requirements Gathering phase and reviewed the Business Requirement Specification (BRS), documentation and participated in the preparation of Test Cases based on the automation scope.
- Responsible for implementation of the test automation framework using Page Object Model (POM) with Page Factory and page classes from scratch to represent web pages using Selenium automation tools.
- Created test strategies, testing plans and prepared detailed test cases for the applications using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven.
- Worked in Agile methodology, as part of sprint planning review the test stories, planned the test sessions and attended daily stand up meetings.
- Developed, enhanced and maintained a large and complex suite of both GUI and API based Automated Regression tests.
- Prepared test data for testing the application in various test phases.
- Performed ETL testing to check whether the data transformation done correctly according to business requirements.
- Checked whether data is loaded into the data warehouse without any truncation, data mismatch and data loss.
- Make sure that ETL application reports invalid data and replaces with default values.
- Make sure that data loads at expected time frame to improve scalability and performance
- Parameterized Unique and dynamic content in the application scripts for real time emulation. Data was queried from Data base and input data for data driven tests were kept in Excel Reader by using Apache POI repository.
- Create and review of Generic Object Identifiers using various mechanisms such as Xpath, CSS, id, name, class etc., used by Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented Assertions to validate the automation of the application.
- Used Log4j API for providing logging information and Maven for Project Management and configuring dependencies needed for building testing and running code.
- Used Actions class of Selenium to handle Mouse hover events.
- Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
- Worked with SQL queries for data verifications in Oracle database.
- Involved in SOAP & REST based Web Services testing using SOAP UI testing tool.
- Tested the GET and POST request responses for web services interfaces by implementing Groovy Script with SOAPUI test tool.
- Used Extent Reports, reporting library to send the Automation reports in the form of Email. Captured the Screenshots of the script and displayed in the Reports.
- Using Selenium Grid in Jenkins (Linux Server) Continuous Integration with Windows Server, configuration for batch process run of the Scripts.
- Used TFS for the version control of the test automation scripts.
- Performed the Mobile testing for mobile app of client, identify the mobile Platform like IOS, Android by using Appium.
- Created XML based test suite and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix and Bug Tracking tool with certain changes in HP Quality Center (QC).
Environment: Selenium WebDriver/Grid, Maven, TestNG, Java, Web Services, SOAPUI, Eclipse IDE, Appium, Log4j, Apache POI, Jenkins, SQL, TFS, HP Quality Center, Chrome, IE, Windows, Linux, ETL testing.
Confidential, Livonia, MN
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting and used Rally Tool.
- Experienced in working with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) to help the businesses address the challenges of development by delivering the enterprise class software and systems in shortest lead time.
- Participated in all phases of the Software Test Life Cycle.
- Involved in the design and development of test plan from the Business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments etc.
- Performed Data Driven Testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections that returns the data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Contributed in creating test cases for Automation Framework with GUI that uses Java, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG, on modules like online login, valid username and password, transactions.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in Java.
- Used Cucumber for the regression testing and Functional Testing with Selenium as the primary tool for the Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test conditions identified.
- Expertise in creating Selenium Grid in Docker container and linking various other containers that are required for the framework.
- Parallel Cross-Browser Testing using Selenium Grid and TestNG.
- Developing Appium scripts for native android and IOS applications using java.
- Involved in Identifying right functional test cases for mobile automation.
- Identifying objects of application using UI Automator tool for android and Appium inspector for IOS.
- Implemented Mobile automation testing using Appium inspector for IOS and UI Automator tool for Android platforms.
- Participated in developing common Appium framework for both Android and IOS.
- Used Apache POI to retrieve test data from Excel files.
- Used Actions class of Selenium to handle Mouse hover events.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment. Jenkins Continuous Integration server is used to run these automated test suites.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data contributed for the automation framework.
- Used Firebug and Firepath to validate Xpath Locators to identify elements while creating the Object Repository.
- Prepared test cases for Boundary Value Analysis using Black Box Testing techniques.
- Performed API Testing using SOAP UI Tool.
- Expertise in System Integration Testing and Grey Box Testing approaches.
- Automated the Test Scripts and updated existing keyword framework by developing custom keywords in Robot Framework.
- Involved in developing the automation scripts for Mobile Native Applications (IOS, Android) using Appium Java.
- Experienced in writing the Test Scripts using Java, AJAX calls based on the Web Application Service.
- Developed QA processes automation Test Scripts using Java to test the Web based user interfaces for different type of browsers.
- Understanding the various architectures of visualizations like VMWare and Docker.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Involved in SOAP & REST based web services testing using SOAP UI testing tool.
- Performed Backend testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate the data is populated in appropriate tables and verify the correctness manually with the front-end values. Also performed data validation testing by writing the SQL queries.
- Interacted with the team members in optimizing the existing testing framework design as a result test case development gets simplified. The Regression Test Suite is automated with the Telerik Test Studio.
- Created and maintain server-side integration tests using Hybrid Framework with every build (git, Jenkins) on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Used Docker for virtualization within AWS.
- Used JIRA as the test management tool for writing the user stories according to the business requirements and execute them with JIRA X-RAY.
- Involved in planning, creating, automate and execute test plans and test cases in a fast-paced, challenging, scientific workflow applications with COTS product environment.
- Used ANT/TestNG to build and run the Selenium WebDriver automation framework. Once the script completes, framework is used to send the automated reports over email.
- Performed ETL testing to check Row counts, data mismatch and Data truncation whether data is accurate by comparing source to target repository.
- Executed scripts against multiple target databases like MS SQL server, Oracle and Hive.
- Performed ETL testing to check whether data transformation according to the client requirement on target database.
- Performed data validation testing.
- Performed Back-end testing by writing the SQL Queries with Join commands.
- Experienced in using GIT for source control of the test automation scripts.
- Well experienced in developing the Test Suites for a UI/UX Development environment and performing the functional and regression testing in this environment.
- Performed weekly productive reports and submitted test metrics to the management.
- Co-ordinate with Developers, users and various members of the team daily to discuss and resolve defects as well as their priorities.
- Prepared status summary reports with information about the executed, passed and failed Test Cases and involved in weekly testing and task review meetings.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Java, Ruby, Eclipse, TestNG, Maven, SOAPUI, Jenkins, Firebug, Firepath, Xpath, HTML, CSS, Agile, SQL, SQL Server, Linux and Windows, Appium, UI Automator, Appium Inspector, NodeJS, ETL testing, Database testing.
Automation Test Engineer
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Involved in understanding and reviewing the requirements, creating the use cases by documenting all the requirements with each use case number and link the test cases with requirements.
- Followed Agile methodology such as Scaled Agile Framework was part of sprint planning and attended daily stand up meetings.
- Integrated Automation Scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for batch process run of the Script.
- Contributed in Test Planning by writing the Test Scenarios, and other various quality-tracking docs.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver in Java and executed a batch of tests as testing suite.
- Performed Integration Testing, Black Box Testing, White Box, Sanity, Smoke Testing and Product Testing.
- Used automated scripts like Java and performed functionality and regression testing during the various phases of the application development using TestNG framework.
- Using Selenium WebDriver API’s for writing the Junit test suites and test cases for testing the functionality with the Selenium Server.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix with certain changes in HP Quality Center.
- Implemented properties files to read the configurations and XPath of the elements in the application for better readability of the code.
- Used JIRA for Bug Tracking, Bug Fixing and Bug Reporting.
- Used Maven, SVN, Selenium RC, Java and Selenium Grid for nightly automation scripts.
- Performed various Cross Browser and Parallel testing on different platforms using Selenium Grid. Executed the test cases using TestNG parameters, data providers, groups and parallel test suites.
- Used Javawith AJAX calls to run the web services of an application with a strong understanding of CSS, HTML.
- Logged and tracked to verify the resolutions of software and its specification defects. Performed testing on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI to check the communication between different services.
- Found hidden elements using Xpath, CSS and Window classes.
- Developed SQL queries to test the data after executing the transactions like upload processing and check processing in the Batches.
- Conducted Cross Browser Testing in IE and Firefox using Selenium with Java.
- Created synchronization points in the application to deal with the timing problems.
- Analyzed the user stories based on detail acceptance criteria for the corresponding Sprint.
- Developed Automation Scripts, Execution and Analysis Test Results using a Hybrid Framework Selenium.
Environment: Selenium RC, WebDriver, Grid, Quality Center, GitHub, Maven, Windows, Agile Methodology, MS Office Tools, Java, Oracle, SQL Server, HTML, XML, UNIX, Xpath, SOAP UI, WSDL, JIRA.
QA Test Engineer
- Involved in Planning, Designing, Developing and Executing the Test Scenarios for Manual and Automated Test cases.
- Reviewed System Requirement Specification, Technical Specifications and functional design documents to achieve better understanding of the project.
- Developed automation test scripts using VB Script in QTP.
- Assessed and analyzed user stories by participating in the Sprint planning sessions, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Tested user interface and navigation controls of the application using Quick Test Pro.
- Worked with data types, variable and variable declaration, naming convention, constants and assigning values to the variables in VB Scripting under QTP Testing tool.
- Reported bugs through Bugzilla and performing Regression Testing to resolve the Bug fixes.
- Involved in creating the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to analyze the changes and identify the areas of application to identify the change in application and provide high-level view of the Test cases scenario to the client.
- Attended the project review meetings, daily status calls and walkthroughs with the project managers and leads.
Environment: Junit, Eclipse, VB Script, QTP, RTM, Bugzilla, Quality Center, ANT.