- Over 16 years of experience in SQA field, testing Web, B2B, Embedded, Client - Server, and Mobile applications.
- Extremely passionate about delivering High Quality software products to the end user.
- Proficient in developing Test Plans, Test Suites, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Check-lists, & Traceability Matrices.
- Working knowledge of both Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) models of software development life cycle.
- Unique combination of problem-solving, creative thinking and analytical skills. Mastering complex concepts and their associated details and evaluating alternatives.
- Self-Starter with acute attention to detail.
- Proven Team player but can successfully work independently in a rapid development environment.
- Represent the ‘customer voice’ during the product development lifecycle
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- US Citizen
OS/Platforms: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android.
Browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
Testing Tools: TestRail, QMetry, JIRA, Bugzilla
Other: Splunk, New Relic, Slack, LifeSize, Smartling, Browserstack, SnagIt, SQL, MS Office, VMWare, in-house Admin Tools
Senior Software QA Engineer
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
- Lead testing of Analyze - a collection of SurveyMonkey data analyzing tools, including Filter and Compare, Data Exports, Custom Reports, Word Cloud, Sentiment Analysis, Data Trends, Benchmarking, Instant and Shared Results.
- Lead in house and remote QA Team (5 members), coordinated testing with offshore QA Team in India and remote QA Engineers in Canada and US (Seattle, Portland)
- Worked closely with Data Science and two Analyze teams (23 Developers / 3 Engineering Managers); UX, Project Management, Product Management, Customer Support and Customer Operations teams.
- Involved in Roadmaps, Quarterly projects and Critical Objectives planning, working together with Project and Product Managers, providing feedback, time estimates and creating project assignments for other QA Engineers.
- Created Master Test Plans for cross-functional projects, Test plans for individual features, Test Cases (7,000) and Test Runs in Test Rail. Reviewed Test Cases and Test Plans written by other QA engineers working on Analyze projects. Created dashboards in JIRA to track project progress.
- Ran test cases manually on all supported desktop and mobile browsers (utilized Browserstack and actual devices - iPhone 6, 7, 8, X, iPad Pro, Air, Mini; Samsung Galaxy 7, 8, 9, Note 8, 9, Pixel 3, Nexus). Used Jenkins to run automated Test Suites and Allure reports to analyze test results. Filed 15,000 tickets. Participated in Bug Triages with PM and Dev managers, assigned priorities and fix versions to the tickets.
- Tested i18n (internationalization) and l10n (localization) for Analyze in 15 languages
- Tested all available account types (from Self-served to Enterprise)
- Worked in 2-week sprint environment, adjusting testing on a fly to keep up with changing Design and Functional requirements. Participated in stand-ups, check-ins, sprint planning and retrospectives. Completed Agile/Scrum .
- Tested and monitored all releases (including Rollbacks and Hotfixes) in a CD/CI environment using Splunk to analyze logs, New Relic to monitor and confirm deployments. Release process included deployment to canary node first, verification on canary, and then deployment to the live production nodes.
- Impersonated Customers via in-house Admin Tools to troubleshoot production issues. Helped developers with understanding the problem. Provided steps to reproduce the issue accompanied by log errors, screenshots and screencasts. Monitored Customer Support ticket queue, reproduced and moved tickets for fixing.
- Worked with multiple testing environments in different data centers (US, Canada, Europe) for parallel projects (including features under experiment). Managed testing for 4-5 projects at the same time.
- Analyze domain expert and go-to person, helping Dev, PM and UX to have a holistic look at the product and find possible break points before the coding starts. Collaborated with other teams’ QA to ensure overlapping projects and/or code are being comprehensively tested.
- Wrote and assigned tasks for Automation Engineers.
- Trained new QA hires in all aspects of the application testing
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Supervised 12 teachers, prepared schedule and attended designated s.
- Developed and monitored student programs within the framework of the Gymboree model.
- Reviewed and analyzed daily sales results and compare actual v. projected / plan results.
- Executing profit & loss controls to ensure maximum profit for the branch. Submitting & monitoring staff payroll.
- Analyzed and learned industry market trends, competition, products, and pricing that may impact sales efforts.
- Recruiting, hiring and stuff development. Leading employee . Conducting staff meetings.
- Resolving customers' complaints, inquiries, and problems with orders, deliveries, billing, and collection.