- A dynamic and result - oriented Manual/Automation Test Engineer with 6+ years of experience with major expertise in Insurance, Healthcare and Banking domains. Extensively involved in Front-end and Back-end Testing (Web Services and Databases)
- Excellent knowledge and implementation skills in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Expertise in understanding Business Requirement Specifications, Functional Specifications, and Design documentation and converting them into Test Scenarios.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile Projects worked closely with Product owners in Agile and actively took part in different ceremonies such as Sprint Planning meeting, Scrum, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Review, and Retrospective.
- Sound knowledge in Java, Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, Maven/ANT, SoapUI and Jenkins.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks using Java, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Maven and Jenkins.
- Involved in the design and implementation of different Automation frameworks such as Hybrid Framework (Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework) and Page Object Model (POM) for various projects.
- Experienced in web services testing using Soap UI, XML, and RESTful APIs.
- Experienced in My SQL, SQL Server and Oracle DB backend testing.
- Built strong and sustainable relationships with business partners and project team members
- Authored project documentation including scope documents, business, functional and non-functional requirements, test artifacts, and implementation guides
- Analyzed business problems and partnered with development teams to provide effective technology solutions.
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Testing Framework, Page Object Model
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver/ RC/Grid, JMeter, Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG, Soap UI
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center, JIRA, ALM
Source Control Tools: GitHub, Jenkins
Testing: Manual, Automation, Smoke, Regression, Functional Testing.
Development Tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse, Android Studio
Databases: MYSQL, SQL Server, Oracle DB
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac
Confidential, Norfolk, VA
Automation Test Engineer
- Analyzing requirements, identifying the scope of testing, estimating the testing effort and planning the testing activities required to test Confidential ’s NextGen appeals and grievances application.
- Developing test cases/scenarios and test scripts to test Confidential 's NextGen appeals and grievances application, reports and integration with Facets, WGS, NASCO, PA hub, EPDS, and Other Source Systems.
- Perform functional and non-functional testing, system integration testing and performance testing to identify the defects during the development and testing phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Log and report defects using defect tracking tools such as JIRA and ensure to follow up for a timely resolution through re-testing.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkins format for different Web applications.
- Conducted UI testing, Functional testing, Regression Testing and verified the results with expected results.
- Enhance the testing process by reviewing the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) for NextGen Applications.
- Thorough experience in implementing Automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Eclipse, Git/GitHub, Bamboo, Jenkins, SOAP UI and REST.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed POM.
- Used Maven, Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platforms and browser combinations in parallel.
- Interact and collaborate with Product owners, Release Train Engineers, Business and Systems Analysts and development team to develop a strong understanding of project and testing objectives
- Perform root cause analysis by troubleshooting and triaging the application defects.
- Develop and execute SQL database queries to perform back end DB testing and to validate the data integrity.
Tools: Used: Selenium Web driver, Eclipse, JIRA, Cucumber, Java, Jenkins, HTML, XML, CSS, X-path, Maven, Windows, Junit, GIT, SQL, Web services, Firebug, Fire Path, and IE Developer Toolkit.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Design and develop test conditions and test scripts to address business and technical requirements/use cases.
- Responsible for creating the test cases and test scenarios covering end-to-end business requirements for the user stories.
- Conduct walk-through of test cases with the development team and business analysts, in corporate their review comments before the start of test execution.
- Document and report test outcomes by collecting, analyzing, interpreting and summarizing the data to the development team.
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in scrum and sprint meetings.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG before next quarter release.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Create tester’s guide for the releases/projects tested for future references.
- Provide managers and leads with daily and weekly test execution reports that include test metrics and defect reports.
- Proactively test and close the SIT subtasks and take time to reach out to the IT Team and Business for any requirement clarifications.
- Actively involved in the STLC process and used tools like Selenium RC/Web driver, JMeter, SOAP UI.
Tools: Used : Java, JIRA, Jenkins, ALM, SOA Tester, Eclipse, JUnit, Load Runner, Cucumber, HTML5, CSS, Oracle, Maven, Node.JS, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Windows 7/XP/Vista.
Confidential, Pekin IL
- Analysis of functional specifications and designing Test Plans, Test cases for Functional Testing.
- Actively participation in GUI testing, Functional testing, System testing, Smoke and Sanity Testing.
- Involved in the integration testing of different modules.
- Modification and execution of Test Case Scripts (Java-Selenium RC) in Eclipse IDE, design of automation test framework (Junit and ANT).
- Wrote test cases and performed Manual Testing like Positive Testing and Negative Testing, Regression, Integration, Unit Testing.
- Performed records, enhanced, and plays backtest in Firefox using Selenium RC.
- Performed requirements Analysis, Risk analysis, Dependency Analysis, and Issues/Problems Analysis.
- Designing and documenting the test cases in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaboration with development and other QA on test execution.
- Analysis and isolation of issues reported from clients.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Quality Center.
- Used SQL Queries for backend testing to check data integrity and data consistency.
- Interaction with developers to report software bugs and re-test the fixed issues.
- Involved in creating checklists for the testing team.
Manual and Automation Tester
- Attended SCRUM every morning to get updates and provide updates to the team.
- Managed defects using Defect Module of HP Quality center .
- Create defect reports using the Dashboard module of HP Quality Center as required.
- Managed automated and manual test cases in HP Quality Center.
- Performed End-to-End testing of the new platform.
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases.
- Reviewed the test cases written for the Unit and Integration level.
- Coordinated in the execution of automated testing where used HP QTP tool.
- Analyzed code to performed White box testing.
- Executed manual and automated regression test cases after the bug fixes as per test scenarios.
- Prepared Test Plan and Test Cases based on the business and functional specifications.
- Analyze the test results and report defect as encountered via automated scripts.
- Performed Black box , User Interface (UI), functional, Usability testing of web application and validated business rules.
- Performed Positive and Negative Testing to ensure appropriate user authentication.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract Data from Tables to verify the output data of the reports.
Tools: Used: HP Quality Center, QTP, VB Script, Selenium IDE and RC, Windows XP, UNIX, MY SQL, MS Office, MS Management Studio .