- Extensive experience in Software development for testing as Quality Assurance Engineer and Technical Support Engineer for SharePoint.
- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance/product testing (test planning, test case design, documentation & exploratory Manual testing etc.) and expertise working on Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG java framework.
- Proficient with testing REST APIs using SOAPUI and Rest Assured java framework.
- Experience in application development using Java, and knowledge of SharePoint Technologies (IIS, AD, SQL, etc.).
- Knowledge of databases and database tools like Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server.
- Functional knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) Domain and SharePoint Domain.
- Hands on Black - Box/White-Box/Functional/ Manual testing, Automation testing and API testing experience in complex technical environments including application servers and multiple front ends.
- Knowledge of Restful Web service concepts and developing applications that consume Restful Web Services.
- Experience in working in domains like HR & Payroll, Banking, Health-care and e-commerce Mortgage.
- Extensive Experience as a Freelance Web Developer for clients in the e-commerce portfolio and blogging industry.
- Experience in Object Oriented Design and design patterns.
Functional automation: using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE with java.
Languages: C, C++, Java, HTML, VB Script
Whitebox QA: Using Junit, TestNG & Visual studio unit testing.
API Testing: using SOAPUI, REST Assured and Postman.
Automation Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, AutoIT, Cucumber.
Cross browser testing: using Browser Stack.
Framework: JUnit, TestNG, BDD
Data Driven Testing: using ApachePOI
DB testing: Good experience in writing basic SQL queries with MS SQL. SharePoint Domain (QA): SharePoint Troubleshooting using ULS Viewer, Event Viewer, Fiddler Trace, NetMon, ProcMon, BeyondCompare and using IIS Logs.
Bug Tracking Tools: Bugzilla and Bug Tracker.
Test management: using JIRA.
Developer Tools: FireBug, FirePath, ChroPath
Build & CI tools: Maven and Jenkins.
Source control: knowledge of GitHub
Operating Systems: knowledge about Windows.
IDE s: such as Eclipse, Visual studio.
Business analysis: using Microsoft Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Test management consisting of experience in all the phases of Software test life cycle and Test Product life cycle with extensive experience in Supporting Sales teams, Product design, Preparation of Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Design, Test Case Authoring, Test Case execution and Defect tracking.
Software methodologies: consisting of Agile scrum, Waterfall and Iterative models.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Part of the team responsible for building and testing a centralized sales database where we can store sales transactions from all the individual retail outlets.
- Involved in Preparation of Test Procedures, Test Scenarios, Test Cases &Test Data using Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Worked with all Agile Development and SCRUM process throughout the entire project and test case creation according to the user stories and performing regular and regression testing.
- Created a suite of test cases to verify the APIs of the sales aggregation service, like handling of NEW sales order, refund orders, exchange orders, order with discounts etc.
- API testing includes (SOAPUI, Rest Assured): verifying status code, verifying authentication (Basic authentication), Assert command to verify response, verifying xml and JSON response and generate reports.
- Worked on setting up and extending the Continuous Integration Pipeline by adding regression test suite into the pipeline.
- Worked on generating log files by using log4j Java Framework and email reports using Commons API.
- Test and implement new functionality and improve existing API offerings. This includes integration patterns, instrumentation and tooling to measure effectiveness and performance.
- Also worked as QAE for the Purchase Order Creation UI, which is a simple UI used by individual stores to submit purchase orders based on their local inventory. Developed UI automation tests for this module using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG framework.
- Executed test plans at the end of each sprint as Dev team starts rolling out support for various types of Sales orders and track defects and product backlogs using JIRA.
- Acted as a customer/UX advocate by collecting and analyzing the user feedback. This involved analyzing and highlighting the biggest customer pain points with the client’s UX. My analysis and reports would feed into development team’s future sprint/project planning.
Environment: Technologies Java, SQL, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber (BDD) Developer Tools Eclipse, FireBug, FirePath API Testing Tools SOAPUI, Postman and using Rest Assured
Software QA Analyst
- Following the SDLC process, use requirements documents to create test strategy including providing test estimates, documenting test plans and objectives, assessing and Identifying testing risks, and developing test scenarios and test cases.
- Develop, document and maintain test artifacts like test data, data validation and automated test scripts.
- Execute test scripts using Selenium and use multiple tools to complete UI testing, including cross browser testing, Functional testing & XML validation.
- Create and track bugs using Bugzilla and generate bug reports.
- Usability testing and Performance testing based on the test case documents.
- Also provide regular test status reports and defect reports.
- Ensure successful delivery of final content by the testing deadline Including test sign off reports, any outstanding defects.
- Upon testing completion, identify test cases that would be added to the regression test suite, both manual and automated.
- Worked on multiple projects at one time and deliver high quality results within the project timelines.
- Maintain and update test documents on shared drive and SharePoint sites for audit and compliance purposes.
- Develop strategies for process Improvement and Identify areas of Improvement, increasing efficiencies in time spent on test execution which would reduce overall testing costs.
Environment: Technologies Java, SQL, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, SharePoint
Technical Support Engineer
- Worked on SharePoint 2007, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013.
- Worked as a Technical Support Engineer role mainly focusing on ticket queue management providing investigation prioritization, timely updates to customers, Manual functional testing, Maintain SLA’S, RCA, debug test failures, test planning, KB creation/test case documentation.
- Manual Testing of timer-jobs, workflows, web parts, lists, features, event receivers and themes.
- Generate reports projecting the Defect density, Defect Leakage and Productivity.
- Extensive troubleshooting in various SharePoint issues by analyzing ULS / IIS logs and expertise using tools such as NetMon, ProcMon and PerfMon.
- Support Verification & Validation (V&V Testing) team in understanding the Requirements and developing testcases and also responsible for GUI, Functional and System Testing.
- Worked on SQL Server 2005 and 2008 as a backend for SharePoint including disaster recovery and troubleshooting load/performance issues in the database.
- Participating in Defect/Bug reviews with the developers to resolve the bugs.
- Patching SharePoint servers, installing solutions, testing, managing PRE PROD, LIVE PROD, creating site collections, sites, designing sites, create workflows, managing individual team sites, Application integration.
Environment: SharePoint Version SP 2007, SP2010, SP2013