Information Technology Professional with 8 years of IT experience and over 7 years of Quality Assurance testing experience using Mercury Interactive Tools (UFT/QTP and ALM/Quality Center. Expertise in Security testing, business analysis, developing Software Test Plans, Test Case Design, Test Scripts, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Stress Testing and Agile Methodology. Recognized for exceptional leadership and organization - building skills as well as the ability to motivate others on all levels in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Over 7+ years of Expertise in analyzing requirement specifications and developing test cases, test scripts and planning for QA methodologies.
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies like Waterfall and Agile (Scrum).
- Software Testing, Documentationand review of Business Requirements.
- Expertise in preparing Test Summary Reports, Test Cases and Test Scripts for manual testing based on the User Requirements, System Requirements documents and UAT.
- Knowledge and experience with the complete Software Development Life Cycle including requirements, design, and development and testing.
- Worked with Manual testing tools like HP ALM/Quality Center, IBM Clear Quest, Microsoft Visual studio, Microsoft Test Manager, TFS.
- Experience with Mobile Automation Tool Device Anywhere and knowledge of SeeTest, eggPlant.
- Extensive experience with the testing of e-Commerce, Internet, Intranet and mobile applications.
- Proficient in Functional testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Integration testingSystem testing, Multiple Interfaces Testing, Front end testing, Back end testingUAT testing in a multi-tiered environment using Black Box and White-Box testing methods.
- Worked on keyword driven testing using Automation testing tools like UFT/QTP.
- Worked on scripting Test Script Language and VB Script. Expertise in Trizetto Products - FACETS, Extensive work experience in HIPAA EDI transactions like 834I, 834O, 837, 835, 820, 270/271, 276/277 and 278, Expertise in working with ICD-10 Implementation Projects. Experience working n testing UI based applications.
- Ability to lead testing efforts with Business AnalystsDevelopers, Product owners, Customers and offshore QA testers.
- Extensive exposure in coordination between onsite-offshore team and defect management.
- Experiences in Mobile App testing in helping the Mobile QA testing in their efforts.
- Worked on various devices like Ipad, Mobile Devices, Android, Microsoft surface, Duo 11.
- Worked in various projects in Agile Methodology
Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Security testing, Regression Testing, System TestingUsability Testing, Compatibility Testing, Localization Testing, Ad hoc Testing, Automation TestingSOA Testing, Mobile Testing, Sanity Testing, Web Services, eCommerce Testing, POS, User Acceptance Testing, Test Planning, Email validation Test Cases, and QA Processes
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, SOAP UI Pro, Mainframe, XPath Checker, Firebug, Firepath, Bit Bucket, Share Point, Rational Clear Quest, QMetry, ADPART, Jira, Perfecto, Auto IT, Sikuli, SeeTest, Eggplant
Test Build/Integration Tools / CI Tools: Git Hub, Stash, Bit Bucket
Frameworks Keyword: Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM), CRAFT and Robot
Programming Tools: JAVA, Java Script
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS Selector
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, PL/SQL, TOAD.
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Electron
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8, 10.
Defect Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, ALM
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Utilities: Eclipse, GIT, SVN, Firebug, Fire Path
Confidential, Framingham, MA
Sr. QA Analyst/Test Engineer
- Worked with SMEs for SUT and provided an overview and knowledge regarding various modules of application to test team members.
- Created test plan, test cases and test procedures to cover various test scenarios to cover all areas of applications and to conduct different types of testing
- Work in Agile, scrum, and sprint environment in order to change the requirements and features set.
- Performed SIT and UAT test execution activities throughout STLC
- Defect tracking Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (TFS)
- Using TFS for Test case management, and Defect Management purposes.
- Prepared automated scripts for Maintenance and Regression testing using UFT/QTP.
- Automated test scenarios for GUI, Functionality and performed data driven testing on the application inserting different data in excel sheet using UFT/QTP.
- Created and maintained detailed test cases to perform various types of testing in Test Plan module of MTM.
- Created and executed automated (Coded UI) scripts in Visual Studio and in TFS Test Manager
- Publishing the application in production for all platforms ( Android, BlackBerry).
- Performed Regression, functional testing of Retail and eCommerce application
- Gathered requirements for the integration of POS system with the supply chain system
- Supported retail business processes and functionalities including POS application and systems; merchandise processes, such as allocation, goods receiving, store transfers, return to vendor.
- Performed Feasibility Test using tools like eggplant, UFT.
- Created and executed automated (Coded UI) scripts in Visual Studio and in TFS Test Manager
- Documented Defects found during test on the Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and communicated recorded problems to the responsible development personnel.
- Documented and reported defects within established process and tracking systems using MTM.
- Involved performing end to end testing of Ecommerce applications
- Define and implement black-box, white box, grey-box and automated testing suites for eCommerce Web application and Order Management Systems
- I was exclusively working on “Warehouse Management” which is a web-based logistics system that provides an easily deployable method for receiving, storing and shipping inventory through one or more remote facilities
- Involved in testing of both Inbound and outbound processes of Red Prairie WMS
- Responsible for functional testing of Receiving, Picking, Shipping, Order Fulfillment, Reclamations, Cycle Counts, Inventory Control, Invoice Counting, Reports
- Performed Regression Testing by generating UFT/QTP scripts based on the business process.
- Performed Data Driven Testing using Parameterization in UFT/QTP to test the functionality of the application with different sets of data.
- Experience in conducting various types of System and Integration testing for an E-commerce web based application such as Security(to validate Username/Password), Account Creation process, different workflows, e-mail testing for each stage of workflows, Role level access based on the access grants, navigation testing to check the integrity between different screens within the application etc.
- Validated various canned and ad-hoc BO reports related to the application.
- Built RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix) to capture all requirements in the testing process.
Environment: s: Oracle, Java, .net, Team Foundation Server, MTM (Microsoft Test Manager), TFS, Visual Studio, Quick Test Pro, UNIX, Share Point, UNIX, POS Registers, Emulator, perfecto mobile, MS Excel, VB Script, iOS, Android, Apple, Blackberry
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Test Coordinator / Mobile Tester
- Participating in the requirements analysis and design meetings with DEV, BIZ team for Review and facilitate in requirement freezing.
- Planning all the testing activities (Test Planning, Test Estimation and scheduling of QA activities, Test Strategy, Test Case Design, Requirements Traceability matrix, Review, execution and Reports)
- Tested the UI of the end product on mobile, PC, Android and Apple platforms to ensure that language translation and currency conversions were displaying as required
- Requested different versions of iOS, Android and Blackberry mobile devices
- Worked on a E-Commerce Web-based application accessed by potential customers for all the different offerings
- Worked with java based applications and C++ simultaneously: iOS and Android
- Planning and execution of Installation Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, usability testing, Compatibility Testing, Performance Testing and security testing.
- Experience as Mobile App Tester in testing Web applications and Mobile applications of native apps, Web apps and Hybrid apps for iOS and Android Platforms using Emulators and PERFECTO Mobile.
- Executing the test cases (manual and automated) and reporting the bugs in Mingle and QC/ALM.
- Mentoring and Monitoring the QA Team, troubleshooting any technical problems.
- Performed browser compatibility and configuration testing on various operating systems such as Blackberry OS, Android OS, iOS etc.
- Collaborating with development team and project managers in test execution and communicating all the issues.
- Generating project status reports/metrics and updating project plans and Tracking them.
- Coordinating and leading the reviews and inspections and follow up on ongoing test activities.
- Conducting QA status/Defect triage conference calls with US clients and reporting the status to QA Manager.
- Providing regular feedback/status on development and projects to Project Manager.
- Involving in interviewing the new candidates for the project and providing training and mentoring support on all QA activities.
- Publishing the application in production for all platforms (Android, BlackBerry).
Environment: Oracle 10G, Java, Asp.net, ALM/Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, HTML, UNIX, Web logic, Emulator like Device Anywhere, perfecto mobile, Android SDK, Windows Mobile SDK, IOS, Blackberry OS, Android OS
Confidential, Orange, CA
Sr QA Engineer / UAT Tester
- Responsible for coordinating the manual QC and automation QTP to end-to-end and UAT testing efforts for new release testing.
- Responsible for compliance to standards and tools for unit, component and system integration level test results, defect management, and test status reporting.
- Report and maintain product release statistics
- Establish regression execution patterns and schedule.
- Works with offshore team and provides effective solutions to work with offshore teams to enable multiple shifts for regression testing.
- Validating the load process of ETL to make sure the target tables are populated according to the data mapping provided that satisfies the transformation rules
- Create effective solutions for regression Test artifact reviews
- Plans, manages strategic and tactical aspects of regression and manages multiple Releases effectively.
- Facilitate team status/checkpoint meetings as necessary
- Scheduled various ETL batch processes using Autosys and testing stored procedures
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing)
- Assist Test Manager and Planner with resource forecasts and estimates
- Assist in early life support of the Releases.
- Worked closely with development and business team to understand requirements and business process and defined issue resolution with functional and technical teams.
- Tested ETL mappings to extract and load data from different databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, XML files and flat files and loaded them in to Oracle
- Involved in scheduling and participation of weekly status, requirement analysis, functional specification (functional and technical teams) reviews meetings.
- Involved in peer review and group reviews of the test scripts developed by test team as per the Coding standards to test asset quality. Decisions within defined to do policies and practices.
- Ensured on time test deliverables as per schedule by generating defect Status reports test status reports at the end of each Functional, System and Integration test phases.
- Created and maintained System and Automation Test plans. Performed Functional Negative, Regression, System Integration testing.
- Involved in Coordinating testing team at offshore and onsite for test design, construct test scenarios, and execute tests to plan accordingly.
- Used QC for designed and developed test plans, scripts, and tools using the detailed business requirements document provided by the work streams.
Environment: SQL, Agile Methodology, Internet Explorer 8.x, Oracle, J2EE, Power Point, MS Project, Quality Center, QTP,SQL and E-commerce.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Test Engineer / SOA Tester/ Web Services Tester
- Working on BRD, FRD, TRD, SRD, RTM, Test Plan-overview, Test Scope(In-Scope& Out of Scope), Version, Test Approach/Strategy, Test Schedule, Test Cases/Test Scripts, Test Rounds, Test Traceability Matrix, Defect Management &Reporting, Entry & Exit Criteria, Environment, References.
- BRD-Involved in writing Business Requirement Documents overview, scope, version, role and responsibilities, signoff approval
- FRD-Involved in gathering requirement, one O one interview, group interview, questionnaire and survey, brain storm, interview to obtain idea, facilitated session, use case etc.
- SDLC- Waterfall Methodology-Conceptualization, Requirements and Cost/Benefits, Software Requirements, Software Design, Programming, Testing, Maintenance.(Completed all phases of SDLC moved to next phase)
- Agile Methodology-Heavily involved into. Iteration planning, Sprint, Scrum Meeting, Go Live Date
- Hybrid Waterfall -Agile we used SDLC Phases Planning, Requirement, Design, Development Documents from Waterfall Methodology. We used unit testing, Integration testing, System Testing and UAT testing from Agile methodology.
- Responsible for full HIPAA compliance lifecycle from gap analysis, mapping, implementation and testing and processing of Medicaid Claims.
- Participated in the development of the Business Requirement Documents and functional requirements. In charge of preparing Test Cases based on BRD and FRD.
- Created test scenarios and tested HIPAA Transactions and Code Sets Standards such as EDI 837/834/835, 270/271, 276/277.
- Testing claims or enrollment processing for medical/Pharmacy
- Held regular JAD meetings with the system architects, developers, database developers, quality testers during the entire project to assure that the critical as well as the minute details of the project were discussed and issues were resolved beforehand.
- For web service testing used Soap UI, Soap UI Pro tool, Analyzing of web services/API functional and design documents and prepared test cases based on User requirements, Involved in preparation of Test Plan, Prepared the Web Services/API test suite for positive and negative test cases using assertions, Performed Interoperability Testing when services are integrated to UI application, A WSDL document describes a web service.
- Prepared Execution Matrix, Test Reports and Bug Reports
- Involved in web service REST Testing tools-Synchronous Web services and Asynchronous Web services.
- Responsible for GAP analysis of ICD9-ICD10.
- Authored and executed Test cases for Claims and Customer Service Workflow.
- Entering Claims and Customer Service Tasks into the FACETS.
- Responsible for Back-End Testing Using SQL Commands.
- Developed SQL queries, functions, stored procedures and triggers to perform the backend testing of the data
- Perform functional, exception and scenario testing.
- Extensive experience of Performance, Load, and Stress testing using Load Runner
- Logged the errors, reported defects, determined repair priorities and tracked the defects until resolution using Quality Center.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the Oracle Database for Data Validation and Data Integrity.
- Extensive knowledge of Test Matrix, Traceability Matrix.
- Quality Center was used to create the test plan, store test cases and run the test sets.
- Provides feedback concerning completeness and accuracy of AUT.
- Responsible for performing System and integration testing for release.
Environment: Windows, Facets, Oracle, Share Point, SQL, Quality Center, MS Office, MS-Visio, UML, 508 Compliance Testing
Confidential, Greenwood Village, CO
- Responsible for Post Conversion and POS (Point of Sale) to ensure data is mapped correctly according to system requirements
- Responsible for coordinating the manual end-to-end, backend and UAT testing efforts for new release testing in quality center.
- Documented and tracked test scripts, test results, test analysis, and reported the defects using Quality Center and assisted the higher levels of management in analysis of risks and issues in project releases.
- Create Test scenarios, Test Plans and Test cases.
- Prepared the Test Status Reports on daily and weekly basis.
- Performed different tests like Function, System, Regression and backend Database testing.
- Maintained good communication with the Onsite and Offshore team members.
- Run the SQL queries to fetch test data and backend (database) testing to validate the data using TOAD tool
- Maintaining Traceability Matrix between the functional requirements and the test scripts developed and application theories and new concepts.
- Report the defects to development team and re-verify the defects when it's fixed, also need to update the status in HP Quality Center.
- Performed Test Case Review, Execution and walk troughs.
- Prepared test plans, Design and preparation of test data scripts for testing POS and E-commerce application.
- Interacted with the business users, prepared test plans, including testing overview, testing approach, testing strategy, roles, and responsibilities and Monitoring and reporting the performance and effectiveness of QA Activities, writing and reviewing and closing defects
Environment: TOAD, Windows XP, HP Quality Center, QTP, XML, Html, Java Script, SQL
Confidential, Union, CA
- Executed test case for all HR processes and services including iViews, pages, work sets and roles
- Documented Test cases corresponding to business Requirement document and other negative conditions.
- Involved in Developing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Data.
- Performed End-to-End testing manually.
- Responsible for GUI Testing, API Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Tested the backend database (Oracle/DB2) using SQL queries.
- Worked with XML/SOAP UI (web services)
- Extensively used Groovy scripting for Soap UI frame works in API testing.
- Developed automation test scripts in Groovy Script for Smoke testing of the application using SOAP UI.
- Created the complex SQL queries to fetch data from the multiple tables based on the Test cases.
- Tested Confidential CST tool
- Responsible in providing regular test reports to the management.
- Reported the defects to the developers using Jira defect reporting tool.
- Investigate software defects and interact with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Responsible for test data preparation for the system/integration testing, traceability matrix to ensure the test case coverage and defect logging.
- Participated in defect review meetings with the team members.
Environment: .NET, SQL, Agile Methodology, Web Logic,API, Internet Explorer 6.x, Oracle, PVCS, J2EE, TLG, Enabler, Power Point, MS Project, Quality Center,WCF,ASP.NET, XML, Windows XP, UNIX,IVR and TOAD
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Involved in complete software testing lifecycle (Requirement Analysis, Test Planning, Test Cases and Scripts Development, Test Execution, Test Reporting, Test Result Analysis, Defect tracking, Test Closure).
- Analyzed business requirement documents, functional requirement documents, Use cases, Use case diagrams.
- Documented test plan, including test strategies, test cases and schedules in Quality Center.
- Worked closely with developers and business analysts to formulate test plans, test strategies and test cases in the pre-testing phase for Smoke testing, Functional testing, System testing, Regression testing and Data driven testing using QTP.
- Customized test cases and schedules for Credit Card Online application
- Queried the Mainframe ETL Target DB2 database to verify the data consistency based on ETL Business Rules.
- Responsible for Testing Web Services requests using SOAPUI
- Performed GUI Testing on web and mobile applications.
- Used data driven testing features to provide data values to the variables in a script.
- Performed manual testing and automation testing of the web application.
- Wrote extensive scripts to perform smoke tests for verification of weekly builds.
- Performed various types of testing like Smoke testing, Functional, Integration, System, Regression, Data driven testing, usability testing.
- Involved in testing mobile Banking Module for "Find Locations", "check accounts" and "pay bills" on iOS, Android and BlackBerry operating system.
- Performed compatibility testing, interruption testing, and network testing for stability of mobile app.
- Used TOAD for writing SQL queries for validating, retrieving and comparing the data.
- Designed and developed SQL queries to test back end.
- Performed cross-browser testing to verify if the application provides accurate information in different (IE, Firefox, Safari) browsers
- Maintained Quality Center defect-tracking tool, including submitting and assigning defects to the application developers along with the release of defect aging reports.
- Verified Tracked and Reported defects and classified based on Severity and Priority.
- Collected and analyzed test metrics and subsequently submitted reports to track the status and progress of the testing effort.
- Interacted with the Project Manger to provide estimates for different phases in the projects and also interacted with the client team to convey the progress
Environment: QTP, SOAP, Oracle, Quality Center, Mozilla, IE, Windows 7/XP, PVCS, Citrix, C#.Net, MS-Office, Java, J2EE, Servlet, ASP, Linux XML, MS-Project, Web sphere, Web Logic, VB script, TOAD
Confidential, Blue Bell, PA
QA Analyst/UAT Support
- Responsible for coordinating the manual end-to-end and UAT testing efforts for new release testing, environment and calendar set-up, planning, and coordination with other ET/QC groups for all applications that interacted with CPC, Siebel v7.5, and POS applications.
- Formulated detailed Test Plan, Test Cases and Testing Procedures, which included Test Cases/Scripts, capturing Test Results and capturing and resolving Test Anomalies.
- Responsible for Manual Testing and Automation Testing.
- Performed configuration/ compatibility and user interface testing manually.
- Automated test scenarios for GUI, Functionality and performed data driven testing on the application inserting different data in excel sheet using QTP
- Have experience designing and writing training manual templates, design formatting, project planning and writing technical documents.
- Executed automated test scripts as batch tests, analyzed the results and reported the bugs in Quality center
- Performed Data driven testing, designed Input/Out put check points to validate the data and develop effective Automated Scripts.
- Enhanced QTP scripts by inserting Standard Checkpoints, XML Checkpoints, Database Checkpoints, Table Checkpoints and Page Checkpoints.
- Performed Business Process Testing using BPT module of Quality Center and QTP.
- Conducted GUI/Usability Testing and Black Box Testing according to specifications.
- Involved in writing complex SQL queries to check the data integrity
- Performed Smoke and Sanity testing.
- Performed Positive and Negative Testing
- Performed Security testing and Backend testing Manually.
- Participated in conducting System testing and End to End testing Manually.
- Extensive UAT Testing Manually.
- Performed Usability and Integration testing Manually.
- Used Test Director for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Documented bugs found out during the process of testing.
Environment: TestDirector, Quality center, QTP, WinRunner, UNIX, Oracle, HTML, TOAD, SharePoint, MS Virtual Rooms.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
QA Tester/Analyst - Consultant
- Used Test Director for designed and developed test plans, scripts, and tools using the detailed business requirements document provided by the work streams. This included performance and regression testing where required.
- Used SQL Statements for manipulating the data.
- Worked closely with lead and infrastructure work stream lead to ensure that all testing activities occurred in a timely fashion and in accordance with the level of quality required by the governing standards and business requirements.
- Responsible for compliance to standards and tools for unit, component and system integration level test results, defect management, and test status reporting.
- Developed automated LoadRunner scripts and defined test case scenarios.
- Used Test Director to execute the test plan, track execution against the plan during testing of employee pay roll, UNDERWRITING, processing and reporting, benefit tracking, direct deposit with the capability of using the customer's bank of choice .
- Gathered test data and created test plan for all kinds of loads up to maximum of 500 virtual users.
- Used Load Runner for Created scenarios to perform automated load, regression and stress tests.
- Preparation of test presentation on the existing UNDERWRITING application which details the test processes and testing technologies to be implemented.
- Prepared defect reports.
Environment: Test Director, MS SQL, UNIX, Agile Methodology, Visio and Project 2003