- Software Test Engineer over 6+ years of experience in Information Technology, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Web based applications.
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle (BLC) and Methods like Waterfall and Agile.
- Expertise in Object - oriented Analysis, Design and Development.
- Extensive Experience in Functional Testing of Client Server, Windows & Web Applications.
- Expert in developing Java Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID test scripts and Test Frameworks using TestNG/Junit, ANT/MAVEN build tools.
- Strong understanding of software QA methodologies including Develop, execute, maintain Test plans, Test suites, Test harness, Test final result documents and bug reports
- Experienced in Selenium Data-Driven Framework with core Java programming and Junit/TestNG annotations Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium.
- Excellent skills in automated test tools like Load Runner, QTP, Selenium, Quality Center, Win Runner.
- Performed Functional, Regression, Integration, Smoke, GUI testing, Database testing, Release testing, Web testing, Performance testing, Stress testing, Internationalization/Localization testing, System Integration testing (SIT) & User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Experience in developing manual and automated Test scripts and test cases based on the client provided BRD, FRS and SRS.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Expertise in creating automated test script in HP UFT using manual test case in HP ALM.
- Strong in JAVA, J2EE/JEE Enterprise Applications.
- Familiar with J2EE Architectural Framework.
- Strong knowledge of Servlets, JSP, Java Script, JQuery.
- Strong in web technologies like HTML, XML, and CSS.
- Experience in writing and executing load scripts using JMeter as well as Load Runner.
- Experience using various databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server and MySQL.
- An excellent team player with good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to adapt to any kind of new technology environment very quickly.
- An effective team player with quality-driven approach.
- Participated in daily, weekly meetings and technical reviews. Prepared reports showing the testing efforts.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC, Quick Test Pro, HP QC, Test Director, WinRunner, LoadRunner, Rational tools.
Defect Management Tools: Test Director, Rational ClearQuest, PVCS, Bugzilla, Project Issues
Defect Tracking Tools: Test Director, Quality Center, Bugzilla, Rational ClearQuest
Tools: /Packages: MS Visual Studio, MS Project, MS Office
Web Servers: Apache
Application Servers: Tomcat, Web Logic, JBoss, IBM WebSphere
RDBMS: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MS Access, DB2
Operating Systems: Windows, MAC OS, UNIX.
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
Automation Engineer (Selenium)
- Gathered requirements documents such as business requirements and design document and other related documents.
- Prepared Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test data for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements and test specs.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Java as client library for Selenium and WebDriver to design and developed Automation test Framework using TestNG.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE). Contributed in framework creation.
- Developed automation script with WebDriver API using Java, and TestNG
- Worked on developing the automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG Frame work.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, and Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java.
- Involved in Writing Maven build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of TestNG test cases/suites for VIN service, common data service, admin UI and java client modules.
- Used Maven as project build tool to manage framework dependency, plugins and test suites using pom.xml file.
- Involved on Cucumber testing and defined the test scenarios and created the test cases in Test Manager.
- Performed continuous integration of the test cases periodically using Jenkins and configured it to email reports during a build failure.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Verified the UI elements using X Path and CSS values.
- Involved in writing complex XPATH using following and preceding and also using functions like contains and not contains.
- Done Coding in Python for automation of test cases with Selenium Webdriver.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFULL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Involved in SOAP & REST based web services testing using SOAP web services testing tool.
- Validated SOAP responses by using assertions like XPath match, schema compliance, contains, SOAP fault etc.
- Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools like Selenium, XPath.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using Quality Center and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Used SQL for retrieving data used for the data warehouse, Data Driven Tests to validate the same scenario with different test data .
- Worked with all Agile Development and SCRUM process throughout the entire project.
- Interacted with other external teams for environment/license issues, external services availability and work towards resolution.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Soap UI, Python, Quality Center, Agile, XPath, XML, CSS, SQL, Windows.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA.
Test Automation Engineer (QA)
- Designed and automated functional, integration, system and end-to-end test scripts using Selenium Web Driver.
- Automated regression test cases using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG across system to ensure that changes or fixes do not impact other modules of the system.
- Used Java as client library for Selenium and WebDriver to design and developed Automation test Framework using TestNG.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project.
- Involved in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Used Firebug and Fire path for element identification while creating Page Object Repository.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests.
- Created automation scripts in SOAPUI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Involved in executing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
- Used SQL Queries to verify the data from the Oracle database.
- Working closely with the Developers in the review and modification of the product and its specifications using
- Agile-testing methodology.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL.
Automation Engineer (QA)
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Developed and Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC Pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Extensively developed automation test scripts for regression testing (TestNG).
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, and Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in Java.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and JENKINS.
- Configured the test suite to Jenkins to make it run on every successful deployment, which helped reduce the feedback loop time to the developers.
- Involved in writing Test Cases by using Wireframe, Design docs and Acceptance criteria.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Designed, maintained and executed Automated Integration framework of API/Web Services across multiple test and production environments using SOA test.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them.
- Created data-driven automation scripts for testing API Web Services using SOAP UI.
- Used HP Quality Center for Test Management, for Functional Test Automation.
- Involved in defect management - Track all the defects raised, conduct defect meetings to update the status of all the defects on periodical basis, publish a consolidated list on weekly basis.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Maven, TestNG, SOAP UI, Quality Center, Git, Fire path, Firebug, XPATH, CSS, HTML, Java Script, XML, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Plano, TX.
- Created test plans and test cases in concert with system engineers and web designers.
- Involved validating sites across browsers and operating systems, the accuracy of links, visual presentation and its alignment with design specifications, and database updates.
- Tested the application manually prior to automation for functional testing.
- Performed Manual performance testing to identify various critical points in the application.
- Wrote and documented test plans, test cases and logged test results Worked with various automated testing tools.
- Testing included: Functionality, Database, Block Box, Unit testing, Integration, System, and Load testing.
- Modified the Test Scripts accordingly when we record the applications.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT), interacted with users for execution of test cases in UAT.
- Created Test Cases Test Plans and Test labs using Quality Center.
- Supported new and existing products by configuring and testing software products and software components of a website.
- Provided Estimates for testing and updated the Project Plan with the testing timelines.
- Wrote SQL queries and statements to test database for retrieving information.
- Coordinated the walkthrough and kickoff meetings with developers and project managers.
Environment: Java, Manual Testing, Quality Center, BugZilla, Oracle, SQL, Windows.
QA Tester (Manual)
- Assisted in writing the test plans and testing the functionality of web-based application.
- Writing test cases for the application by analyzing business requirements document.
- Used pre-execution checklist to confirm that the environment is ready for testing.
- Attended several walkthrough meetings with Business Analyst, Project Manager, and developers and provided feedback accordingly.
- Created manual and automated tests for several different modules.
- Created and executed automated test scripts using Quick Test Professional for functional and regression testing.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for functional testing as documented in the test plan.
- Manually written SQL queries to test the back end database.
- Helped QA Lead create Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements, identify all test conditions and test data needs.
- Used Test Director for defect tracking.
- Performed Web testing to check for broken links in the Web Page.
- Created, Updated, and maintained Test Scripts for different builds and releases.
Environment: Quick Test Pro, HTML, Test Director, MS SQL Server, Microsoft Tools, VB Script, MS SharePoint, Oracle, UNIX, Windows.