- 8 years of IT experience in Quality Assurance with Manual and Automation testing AND SDET/Automation, Manual & Automated Testing of Client/Server and WEB based applications
- Hands on Experience in Test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/Grid, Appium, Coded UI, UI Automator and other automation frameworks Puppet, Chef, CF Engine to develop automation testing scripts for Web - based and Mobile applications.
- Developed Appium Scripts for Native Android/ IOS Apps and Mobile Web apps using Java.
- Experience in RESTful web services Testing using Rest Assured framework and ARS project
- Proficient in performing GUI Testing, Functional, end to end Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Back-end Testing, Smoke Testing, Browser compatibility Testing and User Acceptance Testing using Manual & Automated testing tools.
- Experience in creating Data Driven automation frameworks using Page Object Model, Cucumber (BDD), TestNG (TDD) and Junit.
- Experience in creating developing Appium framework for both Android and IOS applications.
- Extensive knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) along with hands on experience testing web services such as SOAP, REST using tool SOAP UI.
- Hands on experience in writing SQL queries to perform backend testing to verify Data Accuracy.
- Extensive experience in analyzing, reviewing and understanding of Business/Functional & Testing requirements and writing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Scripting, creating Test Scenarios, analyzing results and preparing result summary report.
- Extensive experience in Defect Reporting and Defect tracking process using HP ALM Quality Center 12.5 (QC), JIRA and Rational Clear Quest.
- Experience in creating Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver using Java, Python and C#.NET as OOPs programming.
- Extensively worked on creating feature files and gherkin scenarios using Cucumber framework.
- Experience in using both Page Object and Page Factory models with Selenium WebDriver.
- Experienced in using Selenium Grid to run automation tests on different machines against different browser in parallel.
- Experienced in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Experienced in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and Waterfall model.
- Used HP Application Life Cycle Management (HP ALM) for maintaining the Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Execution, Defect management, Bug Reporting, and familiarity with other features of Almand Administration.
- Experienced in developing automated Test Scripts using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT/QTP) and automated various Business Flows for E-Commerce activities.
- Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Test Manager/TFS, Google Analytics, JMeter, Postman, Android emulators, IOS simulators, Different iOS, Android & windows devices.
- SQA, Turnkey, Selenium and all other Automation tools
- JMeter, Unix commands and scripting to gather system KPIs, DB performance monitoring using native tools.
Project Methodologies: RUP, Waterfall, Agile (SCRUM), V-model, ARS project
Testing tools: Selenium IDE/GRID/WebDriver, HP QTP/UFT, TAW, ROBOT, Cucumber
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM, Quality Center, Test Director, Rational Clear Quest, and JIRA.
Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, JAVA, PL/SQL and .Net, Java script, Python
Database: Oracle 9i/10/11, MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio, Sublime Text, WebStorm, EclipseIDE3.6, Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Text Pad, Notepad++, Firebug, IntelliJ Idea.
Frameworks: TDD, BDD, Key-Word Driven, POM
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux and UNIX, Android, IOS
Quality Management: DevTrack, Bugzilla, Jira, Quick Test Professional
Build/CI tools: Ant, Maven and Jenkins, Turnkey
Confidential, McLean, VA
LEAD QA Automation Engineer (SDET)
- Debugging and coding using Java script (Front- End QE)
- Involved in manual and automation GUI, Functional, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing, Performance testing phases.
- Used Protractor Automation Tool to Test AngularJS Applications
- Working on Cloud Platforms like VMWare, OpenStack and Cloudstack
- Performance testing activities for Web based applications
- Requirements Gathering for Performance Testing from the Stakeholders
- Performance Test Planning, Test Script Development, Test Results Collection and Analysis
- Coordination with Global Shared Services Team Members to setup and monitor Performance Test Environment.
- Execution of Performance Tests
- Analysis of Test Results and Review with all the stakeholders
- Used Coded UI Test (CUIT) framework in Visual Studio IDE to write scripts for various Test Cases
- Used Robot Framework for acceptance testing and acceptance test-driven development (ATDD)
- Developed Page Object Model Cucumber (BDD) framework in Eclipse using JAVA and automated them using Selenium WebDriver.
- Web UI testing - end to end testing of the entire system using the APIs
- Developed Appium framework using SeeTest for both Android and IOS applications.
- Developing Appium Scripts for Native Android/IOS applications and Mobile browser applications using Java, C#, Java Script.
- Expertise in black box testing of responsive web applications using Node.JS
- Hands on working knowledge of Oracle EBS modules: AP, AR, GL, FA and Project Accounting for Testing and automation optimizing the DevOps and testing processes
- Strong experience developing automated test scripts using Node JS and Gherkin within an Enterprise environment
- Used different types of virtual devices Emulator (Android virtual device built in Android Studio for android) and Simulator (Xcode for IOS) and real devices for Testcases validation.
- Identified Objects of App using UI Automator tool for Android and Appium Inspector for IPhone.
- Performed Mobile Cloud Testing with Appium on SeeTestCloud and Sauce labs Account.
- Created automated script for REST API testing using Rest Assured framework.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework and sending the automation reports over mail.
- Implemented Cross browser testing using Selenium API for Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and IE.
- Created dynamic/customized Xpaths to locate elements uniquely.
- Extensively worked on creating feature files and gherkin scenario/scenario outline using Cucumber framework.
- Developed step definition files using Selenium, Java and different annotations to execute and run the feature files.
- Created Test Runner class using Junit to run feature file and to generate reports.
- Used Cucumber Tags in feature file for regression, smoke, sanity and end to end test execution.
- Performed Data driven testing using Data tables, Maps in Cucumber framework.
- Created test execution status reports using Cucumber Extent report plug-in.
- Implemented Selenium Grid and executed tests on Virtual machine in parallel that helped reduce the execution times significantly.
- Used Jenkins Continuous Integration tool for automatic build process and running regression tests.
- Identified bugs, logged them into QC, monitored their progress and verified their fix.
- Tested critical bug fixes including critical fixes and coordinated with developers in release of bug fixes meeting in tight timelines.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to show the test coverage requirement vs. Test scripts.
- Discussed with Business analyst and developers while developing an integrated Test Plan covering the main functions of the designated parts of the application.
- Responsible for identifying test cases for Manual and Automation with Selenium WebDriver for Smoke Test, Functional and Regression Tests.
- Converted Business requirements and System requirement documentation into test design products: Test Scenarios, Automation Test Scripts and also using Jmeter and Unix for scripting with ARS project
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Developers in requirement analysis, design document analysis and for bug reviews in agile environment.
- Actively participated in SCRUM meetings and reviews.
- Actively using Objective C, Xcode
- Using Microsoft TFS to facilitate the communication in our organizationsand effectively manage the process of designing, building, testing and deploying software.
- Performance testing by verifying the performance measures of an application and checking the load of users using load runner
- Regularly involved in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server
- Using SQL in designing and manipulating test data
- Actively validating stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication
- Creating test plans, strategies, scenarios and schedules
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Maven, Jenkins, HP ALM 12.5, Java, AngularJS, HTML, Bootstrap, SQL Server 2008, SOAPUI, GITHUB, Windows 7, C#.NET, Jmeter, Puppet, XCode, Android Studio
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in Daily Meetings and Walkthrough with various teams as required for better understanding the business requirement, software specification, and development process flow at various stages.
- Developed, executed and implemented test plans, test cases and test scripts for applications built upon a .NET application platform.
- Develop detailed test strategy, test approach, project plans and schedules, including goals, risks, and resource allocation.
- Designed and developed Test Scenario, Manual test cases, and Test Steps for various Business methods covering both positive and negative testing requirements.
- Performed Manual Testing on Web-Based applications and used HP ALM for test management tool.
- Used HP ALM for creating and documenting Test Plans and Test Cases and register the expected results.
- Utilized ALM Defect Section for the track, report and manage defects throughout the test cycle and attended Defect Status Meeting on daily basis during the testing cycle.
- Attended weekly Project Status Meeting with Development team and QA Manager, and worked closely with QA Manager to define Test Scope and constraints.
- Performed backend testing to validate the data using Oracle SQL Developer and added SQL queries to the required Test cases and also used C# for analysis.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using SQL *Plus to validate backend functionality of the application.
- Isolated test cases for manual and automated testing, also established regression test suite, both manual and automation to assure the stability of SUT.
- Communicated actively with 508 testing team.
- Developed automation test plan and identified the test cases to automate as an automated regression test suite using HP Unified Functional Testing (HP UFT).
- Implemented Data Driven automation framework and enhanced test scripts for better reusability and repeatability using MS Excel and XML based input test data.
- Parameterized test scripts to support multiple sets of test data to extend testing coverage.
- Created Shared Objects Repository and incorporated with scripts to reduce scripts maintenance time.
- Created reusable functions, sub-routines using VBScript and store into function library to support code reusability.
- Developed automated scripts using descriptive programming method by capturing object properties and values using object spy.
- Executed and maintained automated test suites and provided test results to the testing team and project management.
- Implemented quality assurance objectives and processes, monitor and evaluate testing results against the predetermined objectives, and apply recommended actions for improvements.
- Communicated with Application Developers, Project Manager and other Team Members on Application testing status.
- Executed Embedded Application Development for IOT Platform
- Facilitated in creating supporting tools and HW setups and integrations to enhance automation framework capabilities
- Developed Page Object Model Cucumber (BDD) framework in Eclipse using JAVA and PYTHON and automated them using Selenium WebDriver.
Environment: Java/J2EE, VBScript, ALM, HP Quality Center, Unified Functional Testing, Oracle EBS- Oracle 11g, SQL Server 08, SQL, PL/SQL, IIS and Windows Server 2008, C#, VMWare, OpenStack and Cloudstack, Python
Confidential, Anaheim, CA
Test Automation Engineer
- Hands on experience in Agile Scrum Methodology, involved in the full lifecycle of the project, attended daily Scrums, Sprint Planning, and Sprint Review Meetings, update the test data as per the frequently changing requirement.
- Analyzed System Design Documents and involved in the review discussions of Business Requirements.
- Reviewed the Use Cases in Use Case document and converting into test scenarios and test cases test scripts using C#.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix of Use Case coverage with Test Cases
- Involved in categorizing of environment specific Test data.
- Worked as a manual tester to create test scenarios, test plan, test cases of system design documents.
- Involved in generating Test cases for the existing system to new system for different Levels of Business.
- Responsible for reviewing the development standards, testing standards, and processes.
- Performed Positive and negative testing, Black Box, and End User Testing.
- Involved in performing Functional, Application, Integration, System and regression tests.
- Improved control of testing tools and increased the Regression Functionality coverage.
- Performed smoke, usability, functionality, GUI, browser compatibility and regression tests.
- Extensively used SQL *plus and Oracle SQL Developer tools to access and manipulate Oracle 11G database and validated back-end testing.
- Written SQL Queries to fetch data from a single table and as well as multiple tables using JOIN statement.
- Configured the connection between MS Excel and HP ALM.
- Isolated test cases for manual and automated testing, and established a regression test suite, both manual and automation, to assure the stability of AUT.
- Involved in development of Automation Testing strategies and Test Process; developed automation testing requirements, prepared test scripts, running tests, collecting test results metrics.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing using HP UFT.
- Extensively involved in writing, executing and enhancing scripts using various checkpoints.
- Created Data Driven Framework to reduce automated scripts maintenance time.
- Created external excel file for storing input test data for better scripts optimization and reduce script maintenance time.
- Participated in bug review meetings and daily stand-ups to provide QA estimates.
- Worked closely with team members and proactively communicated issues to the developer, which reduced turnaround time in fixing issues.
- Participated in regular QA Team meetings to discuss testing process and resolve issues.
- Interacted closely with developers, environment people, team manager, Technical lead and team members for feature issues and discussion.
- Acted as an end user, business users and project team to resolve issues.
Environment: .NET, Java/J2EE, VBScript, ALM, HP UFT, Oracle 11g, MS SQL Server 2008, SQL, Oracle SQL Developer, Windows Server 2008, IIS, and C#
Confidential, Brea, CA
QA Automation Engineer/ Business Analyst
- Automated functional, GUI and Regression testing by creating scripts in QTP 10.0.
- Design, implement and maintain the QA Automation Hybrid framework using QTP and developed VB scripts in QTP.
- Utilized Excel to maintain test cases and test scripts.
- Created Automations Test Scripts in QTP for GUI, Functionality, Navigation and Data Validation
- Performed Black Box & White Box testing of various modules.
- Involved in extensive Data Validation using SQL queries.
- Involved in developing the automation framework from the scratch.
- Developed, modified and debugged scripts in Automation frame work using QTP for future release
- Provided Efforts estimate and coordinated the test schedule using Agile testing methodology
- Prepared Quality assurance metrics, defect reports and reviewed with the QA team.
- Involved in preparing Requirement Traceable Matrix (RTM)and Test Sets in Quality Center.
- Participated in HLS/Test Plan walkthroughs for test case approval with Business Analyst Manager and Development Lead
- Performed the White box and Black Box testing.
- Used Team Foundation Server for the project management (scrum) and bug tracking.
- Involved in debugging the test issues.
- Writing Functions and Sub procedures in Business Components and used them wherever needed.
- Involved in testing websites and interfaces.
- Reviewed Business Requirements with Business Analysts and Developers.
- Developed VBA scripts using Macros to verify data in the EXCEL sheet.
- Using TOAD tool, prepared SQL queries and verified the data in the oracle database
- Involved in preparing Requirement Traceable Matrix (RTM) and Test Sets in HP Quality Center 9.2.
- Used for recording defects and reported them back to developer.
- Strong hands-on experience in maintaining and using IBMRational Clear Quest for Defect reporting, tracking & Change Management.
- Expertise in advanced descriptive programming in QTP using VBScript. Used Recovery Scenario Wizard.
- Executed smoke Testing to test the main features of the application as and when required.
- Define a number of test cases using quality data end-to-end business processes during the UAT and validated the system set up for transactions and user access in UAT.
- Participated in walkthrough’s and technical Reviews all through the testing phase.
- Developed Page Object Model Cucumber (BDD) framework in Eclipse using JAVA and automated them using Selenium WebDriver.
Environment: Quality Center 9.2, QTP10.0, Toad, Excel, Rational Clear Quest, .Net, C#
Automation tester/ Business Analyst
- Preparation of Test Cases based on the Test Scenarios.
- Developed the Test cases after going through the requirements document.
- Developed the Test plan and test scripts.
- Maintaining the Traceability matrix.
- Creating, Maintaining and Modifying test scripts in web based environment on UNIX platform
- Performed SQL queries for validation of conversion test cases from legacy system
- Designed and executed test cases for front-end and back-end validation using SQL
- Responsible for both Manual and Automated testing.
- Defined and documented test plans for applications and ongoing projects
- Performed functional, regression, performance testing
- Defects were Tracked, Reviewed, Analyzed and Compared using Quality center.
- Verifying the Backend by giving SQL’s through Oracle.
- Worked closely with the business analysts and developers to identify the processes that can be automated.
- Used DATASTAGE as an ETL Tool for Developing the Data Warehouse.
- Preparation of Test summary reports.
- End-to-End testing for web application.
- Preparation of Test Metrics
- Reviewed the UML use case documents.
- Key member of outsourced Checkout team LuckyImpex.com, where role was to perform detailed analysis of client needs and provided new feature estimates and design in accordance with desired applications.
- Developed and maintained new ASP.NET MVC check out pages for end users and customer support
- Empowered LuckyImpex.com check out and admin sales to work on IE 8 by analyzing CSS bugs and page crashes
- Collaborated with a team that re-wrote old web-forms
- Promoted project success by writing selenium test cases for new admin site pages
Environment: Quality center 10, Windows NT/XP, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, . NET, SQL, Oracle QTP 9.0, Load Runner, Windows XP, Rational Clear Quest