Certified Scrum master / Business analyst / Systems Analyst with extensive IT experience in financial services, defense organization and technology firms. Played various roles including QA manager / Systems Analyst, Developer and Scrum Master on critical projects. Good understanding of Asset Management, Brokerage technology and Investment data. Skilled Confidential managing agile and waterfall projects . Ran Sprint Kickoffs, daily scrums, blocking meetings. Facilitated sprint dependency resolutions with Development and Release Managers. Worked with team leads and Senior management within Legal, Risk and Compliance on Sprint Planning, Sprint Planning, and Backlog Tasks. Ran Sprint review and retrospective meetings. Used Kaizen (incremental deltas of product features) approach. Captured Sprint Velocity and areas of improvement reporting to management. Played role of Agile Coach.
Project Management Tools: MS - Project, JIRA, Agile/SCRUM, Rally & ZOHO Projects
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Pro*C, C++, C, Java, XML/HTML
Middleware: TIBCO Rendezvous & MDM, Citrix, CORBA, COM, WebLogic, Progress SONIC
Software: iTKO LISA, Mercury (WinRunner, LoadRunner, QuickTest, TestDirector, Rational Rose, PowerBuilder, TOSCA, PVCS, SQL, Navigator, Business Objects, e-Tester, e-Load
Databases: MS-SQL, Oracle, DB2, Sybase, SQL*Plus, SQL*Forms
Operating Systems: Solaris 2.8, Windows, Unix/LINUX
Hardware: E10K, HP 9000, IBM PCs, Unisys A Series, IBM-3090
Software QA Manager - Big Data
- QA Manager on a multi country team of engineers and analysts, for a Confidential.
- Extremely large Big Data project to work from a massive data lake using Cloudera/Hadoop Hive tables to MapReduce (Filter, Enrich and Apply Data Quality criteria) against a complex Rules engine to generate regulatory statement for transparency on the buy and sell side of financial transactions.
Systems and Data Analyst, Scrum Master
- Direct interaction with business, systems, development, security, operations, test groups,, and customer groups in an Agile program environment on Confidential ’s WealthScape product for individuals, Advisor’s and Home Office Solutions. Interacted with Business, Developers and QA teams to generate large data sets for Customer Analysis and Insights.
- Worked on three complex Confidential security projects, Profiler, CASy CERT-DN API and BAI Home Account linking. Responsible for producing Requirements Lists, System Requirements Analysis and System Design Documents. Interacted with Legal, Risk and Compliance teams within the US, Ireland and India to meet SEC requirements.
Test & Data Analyst Engineer
- Direct interaction with business, systems, development, security, operations,, and customer groups in an agile program environment.
- Developed test plans and procedures for user stories and bug fixes.
- Regression and retesting of existing capabilities.
- Performed test events for internal and defense customer demos.
- Identified and documented bugs from usability through to performance and scalability testing.
- Functional and non-functional test coverage. Ingesting data for backend test scenarios.
- Agile user stories and test management using VersionOne software.
- Managed daily builds using Jenkins.
Sr. Software QA Lead Engineer, Scrum Master
- Responsible for software quality delivered during each Agile Iteration on the Confidential Data Warehouse project.
- Sr. QA Lead responsible for directing India and Ireland QA teams. A large Oracle and Netezza based Enterprise class architecture provides the backbone on this project. Provides a single view to Confidential Analyst to report on financial data.
- Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer IIS Web team - Asset Management Group.
- The Investment Information Services (IIS) organization identifies and delivers best-of-class content and value-added research support services to Asset Management customers globally via third-party market data & research providers, proprietary internal applications, and custom analysis & reporting.
- Designed Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Efforts. Validated Test Environment assigned work to Project Team Members and guided them in executing identified Test Strategy.
- Involved in ETL process testing using Microsoft SQL Server Integrartion Services (SSIS) and Informatica ETL tool.
- Involved in performing automation functional testing using Selenium.
- Involved in performing automation testing by TestNG Framework in Selenium.
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other SSIS ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing).
- Validated data transformations using SSIS Packages
- The IIS Web Development Team provided application design, development and support services for the IIS product line.
- Exposure to Docker/Kubernettes Dev/Ops Container management
- Project Manager for IIS Web team sprints. Used JIRA for detailed user story tracking and task estimate tracking.
- Ran daily Scrum meetings and two week Sprint end Retrospective meetings. Documented lessons learned and areas of improvement to ramp up team velocity.
- Interacted with Business Analyst & Product Owners to identify requirements and support issues. Solid experience of software development life cycle & agile methodologies.
- Managed project execution within budget and time.
- Lead the project team through all phases of the SDLC. Interacted with post production support teams.
- Interacted with PMO and budget office to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI) targets.
- Provided weekly status report, risk management areas, escalation of issues that were faced by the team and which could not be resolved by the team to Senior Management.
- Interacted with external vendors, monitored project milestones and sprint deliverables.
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
Sr. SQA Manager, Scrum Master
- Worked on a Java, C#, .NET environment to test Blackberry, Android and iPhones application which is a unique leading edge SaaS/dedicated server compliance system and an easy and affordable archival solution for text message (SMS), multimedia (MMS), Blackberry Messenger, Call Logs, IM (AIM, GTalk) and Social Media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) message archival that integrates within your existing e-mail.
- Followed Agile/SCRUM methodology.
- Used FogBugz for Quality management.
Confidential, Wellesley, MA
- Lead Consultant role to design a Cloud based Salesforce solution that created a repository for client information.
- Used a knowledge system to share and leverage existing and new programs for teaching consultants.
- The system facilitates better communications with clients (School Districts) and employees and is a collaborative design that helps employees, clients and policy makers. Better search and marketing tools utilized.
Confidential, Newton, MA
Senior QA Architect/Quality Assurance Engineer
- Created test plans, executed and logged test results for 529 plans across 19 US states.
- Front-end (J2EE/EJB) and Backend (Oracle) testing.
- Worked with business analysts, developers, QA members. Internal (Customer Service representatives) and external (Vanguard Investments) to complete the project on time and within budget.
- Managed 529 project plan for testing, logging bugs and code deployment schedules using MS-Project and ZOHO projects.
- Used RT Ticket System for Issue Management. Used Agile/SCRUM methodology.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Research Software Developer - Sr. QA Engineer
- Worked on a Software Quality Assurance Test Strategy for Indivo Release 4.0 version using Rally Software for Test Management and JIRA for Ticket Tracking.
- Used ZOHO Projects for Project management of Web Deployments along with Agile/SCRUM framework.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Senior R&D - QA Engineer
- Tested the initial proof-of-concept to help in migration from their error prone JAX-WS based Webservices to an XML over JMS using Spring Remoting SOA infrastructure.
- Tested web modules using Spring WebFlow and some Ajax heavy pages using iTKO’s LISA tool for jQuery and Spring MVC components.
- Performed detailed functional, unit test and regression testing of a SOA architecture platform for the company merchant portal/e-Commerce project.
- Tools used Bugzilla, FindBugs, LISA.
- Worked with developers on a Release schedule using MS-Project as a Project Management tool.
- The platform used a SpringWebflow MVC / Java Architecture connected to an Enterprise DB database via a Hibernate cache.
- Core Platform Services interacted via Progress Software SONIC enterprise bus for the messaging system.
- Proactive interaction with Release Engineering to monitor continuity builds using Atlassian Bamboo and Fisheye products.
Confidential, Braintree, MA
Senior SQA Manager
- Used MS-Project as a Project Management tool to interact with Developer and QA Teams to monitor, test and deploy production releases.
- Performed Software QA/Test Engineering functions for the Anti-Spyware Group.
- Used in-house tools for functional, regression and stress testing of builds and production releases.
- Complicated testing procedures for domain controllers/enterprise suite test simulations. Product named best in class by PC Magazine 2005. Tested and released Anti-Spyware tools for consumer, small/medium businesses and Enterprise class categories.
- Used Empirix Systems e-Test for Unit/Functional/Regression test cases on Product release and e-Load for Performance (Load & Stress Testing) on Gateway/Web Servers.
- Manage a team of QA engineers to write test cases from requirements. Logged bugs in DevTrack. Attended daily meetings with the Product Requirements and Engineering Groups.
- Interacted with the Malware collection group to in corporate daily data file releases into the Anti-Spyware products. Worked with Engineering/Triage team to co-ordinate product releases/deployments.
Confidential, Bethlehem, PA
Senior Software QA Engineer
- Performed Software QA/Test Engineering functions for this Business Process Outsourcing/e-Commerce company that specializes in complex software for the telecom infrastructure supply chain. The company designs develop and hosts Web based customized software solutions for large telecom carriers like Confidential & Confidential Wireless (Cingular), Confidential & Confidential Business, Sprint and MCI.
- Designed and generated detailed test-plans for functional, regression and stress testing of the applications. The order to delivery process from the Confidential & Confidential Business and Consumer channels is handled by the Confidential back-office operations.
- Tools Used: To provide 24 x 7 system availability, used e-Test and e-Load tools from Empirix Systems. Worked with developers and testers on state-of-the-art Oracle/JSP architecture and Cognos Reporting systems to log, track and fix software defects in DevTrack. QA Lead for developing, documenting and implementing automation test strategies and system integration testing. Closely involved with release and software change management processes.
- Functioned as the QA lead for the MCI Reuters / Radianz Information Web based Portal. The system does order management for Private Line, Frame and ATM products for hundreds of MCI’s customers. Designed a test strategy and reporting matrix for software point releases. Functional, Regression and Load Testing carried out for each release.
Tools: Used: Utilized ActivationNow software platform based on an Oracle/ASP/Cognos model. Used e-Test and e-Load for functional/regression and Load testing. Both internal and external (customer facing) tickets are handled via DevTrack.
Confidential, Allentown, PA
Senior Software QA Engineer
- Used MS-Project and Mercury Interactive Test Director as Project Management tools for enterprise class production releases
- Developed, tested and released ERP software involving Oracle, C, C++, Mercury and Topaz tools.
- Tasks included design/development and maintenance of large Enterprise Resource Planning systems in state-of-the-art Oracle 11i (Web) and Oracle 10.7 suites. Data analysis, performance planning, metrics and reporting were an integral part of the system. The systems are deployed worldwide and run on Sun E10K Enterprise class machines. Additional tasks included monitoring of middleware using complex C++/C routines for data transfer across interfaces.
Tools: Used: Used Mercury Interactive WinRunner, LoadRunner and Topaz ActiveWatch to carry out functional, load/stress and monitoring of infrastructure. I work with developers and testers on state-of-the-art Oracle (transactional) & Cognos (reporting) systems to log, track and fix software defects in DevTrack. QA Lead for developing, documenting and implementing automation test strategies and system integration testing. Closely involved with release and software change management processes.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
Senior Software / QA Engineer
- CIO SAP Project for all of Confidential, Labs Global Enterprise Systems using SAP 3.1 and 4.0
- Tasks included extensive automation testing in a 24 Rack mounted Windows NT server lab environment using Belkin switches and Mercury Interactive tools. Automation of processes done by Autosys software. High interaction with Finance/Buy-Pay/Consolidations/Master Data teams and business processes.. Worked on developing, documenting and implementing automation test strategies, standards, procedures, and scripts for regression testing.
- Used MS-Project to manage SDLC process.
- Utilized strong client/server automation skills with the help of Mercury Interactive Suite Tools for functional (WinRunner), regression (QuickTest) and stress testing (LoadRunner), from in the CIO group of Confidential .
- Used customized C++/C routines to design, develop and test complex business processes.
- Primarily responsible for automation planning and testing of web-based and Client Server based applications