- Over 9 years of extensive experience in Analyzing, Designing and Implementation of QA Testing strategy for Web based, Web Services Testing, Client/Server application Testing using Manual testing and Automation testing on Windows, Linux platforms.
- Experience in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) &Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience in working in Agile Development Methodology and participated in Scrum meetings and Sprint planning meetings.
- Extensive experience in SDLC methodologies like Waterfall and Agile/Scrum.
- Played active role in daily scrum meetings and interacted with cross functional teams to support the end to end quality assurance process.
- Attended different meetings such as Sprint Planning meetings, Defect review meetings and Retrospective meetings.
- Experienced in using HP Application Lifecycle Management tool HP ALM.
- Strong in API testing using tools like Soap UI Pro, Espresso tool, Rest assured, Advanced REST client etc.
- Good experience in working with open source tools Selenium (IDE/WebDriver/GRID), HP Quality Center, J unit, Test NG, Eclipse, and preparation of automation test framework.
- Extensively used Selenium element locators (XPath, CSS, Firebug, FirePath locator) for functional testing and data driven testing
- Extensive experience in building, executing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases according to Business, Functional and User Requirement Specifications and writing Test Scripts and Reports.
- Expertise in updating Requirement Traceability Matrix and creating Defect Reports, Test Status Report, Test Execution Reports.
- Strong experience in testing client server applications, web application using both manual and automation testing tools.
- Hands - on experience in using Selenium Grid to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Significant Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Experience in developing the automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Integrated Appium with Sauce Labs for distributing tests on the cloud
- Experience with building Gherkin (Cucumber) user scenarios and ruby scripting for automated testing (Selenium/Ruby/Cucumber)
- Experience in black box, gray box and automation testing using Selenium, TestNG/Junit on web and client applications.
- Strong experience in automation tools like Quick Test Professional (QTP/UFT) and Selenium IDE.
- Experience in web services testing using SOAP UI.
- Experience Selenium web driver Model View Controller (MVC) Framework with C#.
- Experience in Business Functionality Testing, User Interface testing, Unit testing, Smoke testing, Integration Testing, Interface testing involving SOA, End to end Testing, System testing, UAT Testing, Production Validation, Regression Testing, positive testing, negative testing, Performance Testing, Stress Testing, Database testing, Documentation and Reporting.
- Experience in Information Technology with Software Quality Assurance Testing of Web Based and Client/Server applications in Manual Testing as well as Automation testing using C# with Selenium in real time.
- Using Visual Studio Enterprise, Creating a web performance test and recording the played tests and finding out any performance issues are occurred while running load tests
- Hands on experience with all the defect tracking management rules and defect tracking tools JIRA, ALM (quality center), HP Quality Center, Bugzilla, Rally and Clear Quest.
- Very strong experience in backend validations using SQL queries and different types of database management systems like Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, DB2.
- Good Documentation Skills and ability to produce complete project deliverables in specified deadlines.
Software Dev Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG, Data Driven Framework, Keyword Driven Framework, Hybrid Framework, Page Object Model, Protractor.
Databases: Oracle, MS Access, MS SQL Server
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, Cucumber, Soap UI, ReadyAPI, QTP (UFT), HP Quality Center, Espresso tool.
Database Tools: MS-SQL Server Management studio
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Unix, Mac
Defect tracking tools: Quality Center ALM, Rational Clear Quest, JIRA, Bugzilla
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins.
Version Control: GitHub, Subversion (SVN), CVS, TFS.
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Implemented single sign on capability for verity of authentication methods.
- Experienced in end-to-end testing of the Mobile Applications.
- Reviewed design documents and business requirements to learn the function and scope of the application.
- Interacted with the Business users to identify the process metrics and various keys dimensions and measures.
- Executed Sanity/Smoke testing, Integration testing, Localization Testing, Performance Testing, device testing, UAT and Regression Testing.
- Testing of chat conversations, Send/Receive Picture messages, sending SMS from chat, calling from the conversation.
- Performed API Testing of middleware and Bill/Pay Transfers for the SOAP and Rest web services using SoapUI and Advanced Rest Client respectively
- Bugs reporting on bug tracking tool & updating the status of the bugs.
- Involved in regular discussions with developers regarding defects.
- Maintained & ran automated test suites with Selenium Web Driver using Java, Java Script.
- Worked on Selenium WebDriver for creating and executing test cases for functionality testing of a web app.
- Performed Web Application testing on project operated within agile environment, with three weeks sprints, daily scrum meetings, task waiting and status reporting.
- Expertise in implementing the hybrid selenium automation framework using Java, Object Identification Technique, Data Driven Technique.
- Created automated test scripts via Selenium Web Driver for UI and functional testing which can be added to JUnit based automatic regression test suite.
- Collaborated with other Web UI and database development to seamlessly integrate code to create a dynamic and functional user experience.
- Integrated Appium with Sauce Labs for distributing tests on the cloud.
- Performed cross browser functional testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Recorded and play back test in Fire fox using Selenium IDE.
- Written Test Plans /Test Approach Documents, Test Cases, enter bugs in TFS.
- Implementing method for importing current Test Cases into TFS/ MTM from Excel.
- Automated scenarios for each Story in sprint using C# and Selenium Web driver for Web application, and maintain automated Regression suite as part of QA goal.
- Experience in mobile testing by writing java scripts for automation through Selenium APPIUM.
- Experience in mobile testing using Appium in both IOS and Android applications using simulator and emulator.
- Performed continues integration of the test cases periodically using Jenkins and configured it to email reports during a build failure.
- Conducted UAT testing for comprehensive data using Manual Testing. Modified end points when we worked on different servers and different versions of Web Services.
- Played an active participant role in testing of the sync related applications to identify more defects.
- Performed Automation testing using QTP on web application.
- Used Device anywhere for testing and monitoring the functionality, usability and performance of the mobile application.
- Collaborated with Web UI Developers throughout the project to coordinate global portal management.
- Automate test cases using Jenkins and Cucumber creating feature files.
- Wrote automated scripts for angular JS application using Protractor and Type scripts
- Involved in automation scripting using Coded UI, C#, MTM.
- Creating test scripts using C# and Selenium Web Driver for the functional test cases.
- Using UFT, converted manual test cases to automation test scripts, Developed automation test framework for HP Quality Center, QTP / HP UFT.
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front-end using Selenium.
- Tracked bugs and prepared the bug reports using the JIRA Defect Management Tool and interacted with the developer team to discuss technical issues.
- Coordinated with the development team and updated the QA manager with the progress from time to time.
Environment: iPhone, iPad, iOS SDK, Appium, Android SDK, Agile, Java Script, OS, XML, UNIX, JIRA, Quality Center
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Reviewed functional or business requirement documents and use cases.
- Followed Agile Methodology to emphasize on real time communication over written documentation.
- Coordinated with business and all other stake holders to go through the BRD, FSD and PDD documents for writing the test scenarios, test plans and test cases.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements and closely work with the Business Team to get the clarifications addressed.
- Developed Test Plans for Unit testing, Integration testing of the application from the Business requirements documents and Technical Specifications.
- Participated in writing High Level Test plans and Test Scenarios.
- Worked on Spec flow on Visual Studio to write test script with help of Selenium and writing X Paths to find the locators.
- Performed Functional, Integration, UAT and System testing on the application.
- Implemented various Validation Controls for form validation and implemented custom validation controls with Java Script validation controls.
- Completed Unit, GUI, integration, user acceptance, regression and production testing.
- Responsible for UAT project planning like create and execute test protocols, logs and verify bug reports, and review test results.
- Conducted interviews and brainstorming sessions with Business analysts and related employees, to create Test Cases/Scenarios.
- Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop the selenium server and to execute the tests in browser.
- Good experience in mobile testing using Appium in both IOS and Android applications using simulator and emulator.
- Developed automation scripts for Mobile Native applications on iOS and Android platforms using Appium and Java.
- Identified mobile elements using Appium Inspector, UI Automator Viewer.
- Created Hybrid/Data Driven framework using Java, Selenium Web Driver, and Test NG.
- Regularly assess testing progress and prepare test status report for management.
- Created JIRA tickets for the corresponding HP ALM defects created by other UAT Testers
- Coordinate with other team members like Business Analysts, Developers, and Business people and provide feedback on test activities and deliverables, conforming to appropriate quality requirements.
- Identified and created a repository of Test Conditions in MS Excel.
- Worked with the Developers in the review and modification of the product and its specifications using Agile-testing methodology.
- Involved in writing test scripts using Java and executed it through Selenium Cucumber.
- Validated customer transactions such as the entry of items, tender, store value cards, discounts, sale with credit/debit card, return, exchange, loyalty member purchase.
- Validated POS interaction with store servers and back office systems with WIMS (Warehouse Inventory Management Systems). Involved extensively in downstream and upstream testing of the POS system.
- Tested the application and performed various tests like Positive & negative, User acceptance testing, regression testing.
- Implemented Selenium automation framework using Java for testing the application mainly for the regression testing.
- Configured Cucumber Report Plugin and Performance Plugin to Jenkins to generate html test reports.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts.
- Integrated Selenium RC with existing API to test framework.
- Developed Test Plans, Executed Test Scripts and reported the bugs using ALM QC
- Re-tested the application to check whether the defects are resolved by performing Regression Testing using Selenium.
- Created Jira tickets to report bugs/enhancements for system upgrades
- Triggered the automation jobs using Jenkins to get the cucumber JSON reports.
- Planned and Tested Lab modules developed automation test scripts in HP ALM.
- Conducted Functional, Regression Testing using Selenium for different modules of application.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Selenium, Cucumber, Protractor, ANT, Agile, Jenkins, JIRA, Quality Center, Windows, Java Script, MS Office Suite, QTP, Cucumber, Java, SQL.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Senior QA Tester
- Studied and analyzed software requirements/specifications and create test cases.
- Attended daily Scrum call and allocated as per the work packets.
- Responsible for Business analysis and requirements gathering in Agile SCRUM development methodology.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites
- Involved in creating test scenarios for reviewed business requirement document and functional requirement document.
- Managed, Documented and Controlled all the Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Results using HP Quality Center (QC) and in a status update report using MS Excel.
- Create EDI Testing process, documentation, and performance matrices.
- Responsible for creating UAT & Regression Test cases in the test plan module of Quality Center.
- Designed and Developed the Informatica workflows/sessions to extract, transform and load the data into Target.
- Developed new and updated existing Automation test cases using Selenium Web Driver
- Performed Back End testing using SQL queries to verify the integrity of database.
- Intensively involved in project testing efforts by doing Integration Testing, Regression Testing.
- Used MS SQL Server reporting services (SSRS) to use daily report basis with client-server application.
- Assisted in identifying project scope, to conform to the regulatory compliance related to X12 837 (I/P) and 835.
- Identified the bugs and kept track of the defect report using HP ALM/Quality Center and analyzed the root cause for defects.
- Performed continues integration of the test cases periodically using Jenkins and configured it to email reports during a build failure.
- ETL for various data structures including data marts, data warehouses, XML files, VSAM files, flat files, and OLTP sources.
- Tested the ETL with XML as source and tables in the data warehouse as target.
- Integrated Automation test scripts Selenium WebDriver API on continuous integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Used SQL queries to test the integrity of data by querying the database.
- Integrated Test Link and Jira to create a test case/defect matrix for easier identification of problematic modules.
- Used TFS to report bugs and to maintain product backlog items.
- Logged defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Participated in various kinds of testing like (UAT) User Acceptance Testing, Functional Integration, System, Regression and Black Box.
- Involved in writing extensive SQL Queries for back end testing oracle database.
Environment: XML, Windows, ETL Informatica, TestNG, HP ALM, Selenium Agile, MS Excel, TFS, SQL, Microsoft Visio.
- Understanding Requirement Specifications and Design Documents.
- Prepared and Reviewed Test Cases as per System Requirements and executed test cases.
- Identified the required test scenarios, Positive cases, Negative cases and Test data
- Used Selenium Web driver to execute Selenium automation suits on different platform and browser combinations in parallel.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Jbehave, Cucumber. Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Converted commercial QTP Scripts to open source Selenium WebDriver scripts to maximize the profits of the company without compromising Quality.
- Created a C# NUnit Project and add Selenium Web Driver and NUnit library.
- Created trace book to map large scale of requirements and planning testing based
- Defining test strategy to verify the billing activities and financial information are not present in APPS.
- Identified problems of user requests and errors in a production environment.
- Developed complex SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTEs), temporary table to support Power BI and SSRS reports.
- Execution of test cases in Guidewire Billing center application. Preparation of Test Cases and Test scenarios based on the User Stories
- Analyzing Data Processing implementing Data Mart applications mainly transformation processes using ETL tool and understanding of ETL workflows and ETL mappings and monitoring the Production Environment.
- Developed Perl modules for internal use and create documentation for the developed products.
- Highly involved in building complex SQL queries (Microsoft SQL server) to derive test data and verify newly built Helper DB, which is the place holder for policy coverages.
- Documented the defects in HP ALM and assigned it to the development team.
- Used Firebug, Fire Path to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
- Managed export of excel based test planning to HP ALM suite.
- Involved in project coordination and implemented Test methodology.
- Communicated with onsite team members (Development Team, External source provider, Star (Catalog Management Services) Technical Support, and Business Support) in order to resolve the issues.
Environment: Soup UI, ETL, Selenium, C#, CSS, Excel, Java, HP Quality Center, Quick Test Professional (UFT)
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Data and Traceability Matrix.
- Created and executed Test Cases, analyzed results and reported discrepancies.
- Conducted compatibility tests with multiple operating systems, software programs, and network environments.
- Conducted Smoke, Functional, GUI, Regression, Database, User-Acceptance (UAT) testing.
- Identified, analyzed, and documented software defects in program functions, outputs, online screens and content.
- Identified program variance from functional requirements and recommended modifications.
- Validate the forms and verified the data in data base.
- Created test data to validate the application.
- Used selenium grid to execute different scripts on multiple platforms and browsers concurrently.
- Developed Functional, Acceptance and system test cases based on business requirements.
- Prepared Test matrix to track passed Test cases against requirements for every module.
- Defect management through HP ALM, Jira.
- Tested REST API using Postman by created the team’s first shared collection of API tests and validating the results.
- Submitted weekly status reports to QA Lead
- Tested based on Waterfall methodology.
- Worked on SQL statements in checking the validity of the backend.
- Performed GUI testing, Unit testing, Regression testing and Black Box testing.
- Participated in weekly meetings and walkthroughs to monitor the status of the testing process and discuss enhancement issues.
- Change request analysis and implementation.
Environment: Java, HP Quality Center, Selenium, JIRA, HTML, XML, SQL, UAT, GUI, Windows.