- With 9+ years of progressive working experience in Software QA and Mobile Testing with diverse projects, clients and industry.
- Extensive experience on Software Process and Testing Techniques in Software Development Life Cycle and Load Runner
- Hands on experience in test driven development (TDD), Behavior driven development (BDD) and acceptance test driven development (ATDD) approaches.
- Expertise in generating the daily defect detailed report using Jira for the other project stake holders and the project Management.
- Exposed to diverse Business processes that includes Telecommunication and Mobile sector.
- Proven expertise in creating Test plans, Test Scenarios, Testing Process,Testing Approaches, and Traceability Matrix and conducted GAP Analysis.
Operating Systems/Languages: - Windows 98/ME/XP, UNIX, C, C++, JAVA, SQL, VB 6.0
Quality Standards: - Implementation knowledge of ISO 9001 & ISMS (Info. Security Management System)
Testing Tools: - Mercury Interactive Win Runner 7.6/8.0, Load Runner 7.8/8.0, QuickTestPro 6.5/8.0, Test Director, C, C++, Quality Center
Conversant with Web Technologies: - HTML, ASP, XML, DHTML, VB script, Java script, Java Servlets, JDBC, Applets
Documentation Tools: - MS-Office, MS Visio, MS Project.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr. Automation QA Analyst / SDET Tester
- Worked as an SDET to create initial test plan, test cases, test documentation and test validation requirements for BI reports. Involved installing and managing different automation and monitoring tools.
- Developed JAVA Test Scripts for automation of the entire installation process using the TDD (Test Driven Development) approach.
- Developed Test Cases to implement BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions.
- Responsible for analysis, design and Java Developer with Automated Testing (SDET), standards and best practices for current and emerging technology patterns within the enterprise in support of various software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Prepared graphical depictions of Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, State Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Component Based Diagrams, and Collateral Diagrams and creation of technical design (UI screen) using Microsoft Visio.
- Preparation of Estimations, Testplan, and Traceability Metrics & Test cases based on the requirements from BRD & FSD and uploaded to VSTFS.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test-driven development (TDD).
- Conducted test application and detected bugs including documentation of information useful in the debugging processes.
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting and also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Worked existing Selenium Automation Framework with C# .NET using Data Driven Testing and MS Test.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, and weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with developers.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG).
- Transitioned software development efforts to a test-driven development (TDD) process, which brought QA testing in on the front-end of the development cycle for gains in code quality, software functionality and programmer productivity.
- Defect Tracking and Management using JIRA and Documented validation/verification results in Test Analysis Report.
- Work in Agile environment and provide black box testing for Salesforce CRM features.
- Conducted database testing for the application by writing and executing SQL queries
Environment: Quick Test Pro, Mercury Quality Center,, HP Quality Center,, SQL, IBM Rational Functional Tester, Crystal Report, Quick Test.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Quality Analyst / SDET Tester
- Worked as Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Createdpage checkpointsto test the properties and contents of the web page using Quick Test Pro.
- Worked as an SDET to create initial test plan, test cases, test documentation and test validation requirements for BI reports.
- Performed browser compatibility and configuration testing on various operating systems such as Blackberry OS, Android OS, iOS etc.
- Designed Modular framework for Automation test scripts on multi-platform (OS, Browsers).
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services & REST API.
- Implemented and worked on TDD, BDD and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) agile methodologies.
- Involved in entire SDET (Software Development engineer testing), in Developing Test Plans and Test cases for various aspects of the User interface.
- Conducted Back End Testing using SQL Queries to ensure proper data validation.
- Developed sanity and automation regression tests. Performed back end testing to test data flow to web application by writing and executing SQL queries. Participated in Agile Scrum meeting on daily basis.
- Logged the errors, reported defects, determined repair priorities and tracked the defects until resolution using JIRA.
- Provided testing for native software on a variety of mobile devices to ensure compatibility of the devices.
- Involved in verification of Front End GUI objects and elements and performed Web Services testing and done XML validation by creating case suites using SOAP UI.
- Analyzed and evaluated complex client requirements and converted them in to suitable Automation test suite.
- Wrote test scripts for new mobile functionality as well as new test cases to fill gaps in the testing process when defects were found.
- Validated links, data, Mobile and Asteroids tickets on Mobile web with stable eCom environment Involved in mobile web or mobile app testing on UAT environment.
- Developed IVR application for delivery notification of customers shipping information via out going phone calls, including carrier name, tracking info also allowing an escape to customer service use a follow the sun timing program as to deliver the info at an appropriate time.
- Design and execute features of ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development)/BDD using Selenium, Cucumber for Java.
- Conducted result analysis and interacted with developers to resolve bugs.
Environment: Mercury Center, Manual testing, JIRA, MS Office, MS Visio, MS project.
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Analyst / Tester
- Analyzed team performance with the QA manager and implemented the changes if any with respect to raising the efficiency of the entire team.
- Tested the UI of the end product on mobile, PC, tablets, Android and Apple platforms to ensure that language translation and currency conversions were displaying as required.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing, System testing and End-to-End testing.
- Observed and maintained defect tracking system and prepared reports of bugs present in systems.
- Designed test plans and test cased according to IVR documents.
- Worked with a team to create a website for a client used to access voter information with a database backend using ASP.NET, C#, and SQL
- Planned tests on systems and performed manual tests where required.
- Used Quality Center to store Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and for bug tracking.
- Scheduled timelines and system specifications for conducting tests.
- Identified software problems, wrote easy-to -follow bug reports, logged them into bug tracking tool Quality Center.
- Used SOAPUI (use of groovy script) for test data setup in Test Driven Development.
- Creating and maintaining automation testing, parameterization, checkpoints, data validation, data-driven and keyword driven testing, object repository.
- Participated in the testing of website applications on mobile devices specifically Android/IOS Devices.
- Analyzed the Crash reports on various mobile platforms and reported to the development team
- Develop the high-level test plan, test requirements, test cases, and test scripts for most of the infrastructure and pricing related projects with Sprint, XO, FSA, AVAYA and billing company.
Environment: Selenium, QTP, TOAD, Visual Studio, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Visio, MS Project.
Confidential, Melville, NY
- Analyzed the business requirements and wrote Test Cases and Test Strategy for functional requirements
- Analyzed the system specifications and helped team members to achieve test goals.
- Developed system test cases and scripts for desktop, tablet and mobile separately.
- Created detailed Test Plan and involved in developing Test Scripts for manual testing
- Followed up with the developers to keep track of Modification Requests
- Extensively used SQL queries for Backend Testing.
- Enhanced existing system test cases and script for standalone Ink finder mobile app.
- Conducted heavy Back End testing for data validation and verification
- Generated all reports for the test cases through Quality Center document generator
- Responsible for extracting bug reports and conducting Bug Review meetings
- Assigned and tracked all defects of test cases through Quality Center
Environment: Windows, Mainframe, DB2, Oracle Apps Finance, Quick Test Professional (QTP), TestDirector, MS Office, Quality Center.
Confidential, Franklin Lakes, NJ
- Performed Manual Testing on different modules of the application.
- Prepared Test Plans for each release, written Test Cases and executed them as part of Functional Testing. Prepared Test Reports and Deliverables and submitted for version releases.
- Throughout the project, was involved in giving clarifications on domain and product functionality for the team.
- Creation of Test Cases for functional testing of the system.
- Involved in setting up different configuration environment for compatibility testing and manual testing.
- Upgraded the existing Test Scripts and created new scripts for client application to be able to work for new versions and patches, which improved product quality.
- Wrote Test Cases, Generating Test sets, executed Test Cases -generated reports for tracking progress in general and for tracking defects using Test Director
- Worked with business analysts, developers, and content department to resolve issues that blocked further testing.
- Attend Business Meetings with the Customer & the In-House team and develop strategies to better suit to the Client needs..
Environment: MS Visio, MS Office,Clear Case,HP Quality Center, Mercury Quality Center.