- Hands on Software Lead in delivery of successful Embedded Software for fortune 500 consumer electronics storage and medical device companies.
- Hands on expertise in Design Controls for Software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Strong expertise in aligning software products to meet Quality, Regulatory, Reliability and Security compliance.
- Strong ability to deliver in a fast paced and competing priority environment with no compromise to quality.
- Strong mentorship skills to grow, motivate and lead junior engineers, on - shore and off-shore vendors.
- C, C++, Medical device technology, Multi-Threaded Programming, Disk Drives, Serial attached SCSI, JTAG emulators, firmware release management, SVN, OOP, ARM, GUI, firmware integration, code review, design review, firmware performance, production firmware, debugging, failure analysis firmware support, bug tracking, code collaborator, JTAG/ICE, multi-core processors, back end firmware, slick edit, source point
- Emotional Intelligence, Project Management, Process Improvement, Team work, Collaboration, Organizational Communication, Adaptability, Perseverance, Team player, Dependable, Self-motivated, Result Oriented, Problem Solving, Critical Observation, Schedule and Cost alignment
R&D Senior Software Engineering Leader
- Lead connected network product (ARM core, C/C++) for biological indicator incubation (detect viral and bacterial growth for sterilized equipment) working with over 20 cross-functional members and off-shore vendors (including vendor management).
- Hands on experience of software development life-cycle (SDLC) with continuously changing scope and competing priorities.
- Gate keeper of entire documentation tree for software requirements, design and architecture.
- Lead requirement gathering from graphical user interface (GUI) to system software (ARM).
- Lead software development through meeting regulatory and FDA cyber-security and information security guidelines confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA).
- Empower code/ design reviews as an independent reviewer with an ability to schedule and pull entire team through technical assessment completion.
- Support software project management activities including release, version, sprint and scope management. Additionally, strong ability to breakdown tasks into a schedule and drive deliverables across the organization.
- Working knowledge of Medical Device Software - Software life cycle process. (IEC 62304).
Staff Firmware Engineer
- Led the 3.5-inch data center manufacturing process firmware (C/C++) team of over 10 members from bring-up to high volume production in a high pace environment
- Hands on involvement in writing firmware features (disk back end) in Slick Edit and Code Collaborator using C/C++ for assigned domain (error recovery and relocation manager) and unit test firmware
- Additional responsibility to integrate and drive cross functional firmware teams (Host disk, servo, mechanics, read/ write channel, defect management) and release production ready manufacturing firmware
- Re-architected manufacturing firmware (C/C++) to run drive quality/ reliability tests (background low priority applications in ARM environment) proving invaluable to failure analysis team in quickly gathering FA data at customer sites. Data was later utilized in making key quality and reliability decisions.
- Approved/ created firmware defects for code reviews (C/C++) using Code Collaborator.
- Drove memory reduction efforts, gather memory map data and conduct meeting to optimize areas needed improvement
- Attended daily meetings and factory calls for drive yield status (low volume and high volume production) and debug firmware related yield loss issues using JTAG/ in circuit emulators.
- Gate keeper of shippable branch (SVN code tree) for manufacturing firmware process. Revision control the documents (WIKI, SVN) and continuously update internal bug tracking with appropriate actions and test coverage for firmware bugs.
- Strong ability to trap and re-create a number of issues including hang conditions, divide by zero exceptions, firmware upgrade issues, drive boot up issues.
- Ability to Debug code looking at ARM registers, host, disk and error exception task stacks.
- Validated manufacturing firmware code to ensure it is production ready. Familiar with all aspects of regression validation (hot/ cold temperature, shaker, high pressure) to meet quality and reliability metrics. Utilize Windows based drive exerciser tools (Serial I/O) to bench test firmware.
Staff Firmware Engineer
- Led successful launch and qualification of first 3.5-inch Enterprise SAS product firmware (C/C++).
- Worked with functional firmware teams (Host disk, servo, mechanics, read/ write channel, defect management) from concept to delivery of the product.
- Participated in firmware feature designs (disk backend, ARM) and code review sessions (code collaborator); tracked bugs and released them to the main line customer branch (SVN).
- Involved in writing firmware features (C/C++) for assigned domain and in parallel integrating overall firmware components for customer firmware. Debug the firmware using JTAG/ ICE
- Robust defect scan; worked on robust algorithms in ARM environment to improve media related failures in factory for disk back end firmware.
- Relocation of defects; worked on mapping out defective locations to secure locations (spare disk pool) for data integrity
- Drive internal logging; worked on writing firmware (C/C++) to log and monitor drive characteristics (power management, ECC errors, and temperature)
- Disk drive back-end; worked on several features to address bug fixes in a continuous improvement for the disk back end architecture (media, track, error recovery, relocation, hardware abstraction layer)
- Attended daily customer meetings and debug issues using JTAG/ in circuit emulators.
- Gate keeper for shippable branch (SVN code tree) for customer firmware.
- Documented (WIKI, SVN) and updated internal bug tracking with appropriate test coverage for firmware bugs.
- Strong ability to trap and re-create a number of issues including hang conditions, divide by zero exceptions, firmware upgrade issues, drive boot up issues in customer firmware environment.
- Utilized Windows and UBUNTU Linux validation tools to bench test firmware (Host SAS drive regression validation).
Senior Firmware Engineer
- Provided debugging support for manufacturing and customer firmware (C++).
- Attended customer meetings for validation results and failure analysis update.
- Debugged disk error recovery related issues during error injection validation.
- Developed disk back end portion of code in C++ for GO/NOGO error recovery (SAS interface). The feature provides host the ability to abort deep error recovery retries.
- Provide feedback and support to customer validation teams for creating error recovery validation profiles (directed test suites).
- Interacted with customer engineering team to understand their issues relating to error recovery and translated them into solutions.
- Created the need for Enterprise drive reliability logging to log internal state of disk invisible to the customer.
- Implemented (working under the supervision of domain experts) several sections power states, error recovery, spindle control, relocation and command history logs in C/ C++.
- Developed and maintained drive internal logging specification (Microsoft Windows), section table, revision control and maintaining firmware update integrity.
- Debugged drive logging update issues using JTAG/ ICE.
- Drove error injection validation teams to continuously improve logging capabilities for full coverage of lifetime and periodic counters.
- Worked with tools team to help develop Linux and windows log parser tool.
- Created new sections as per internal firmware and system engineer requirement.
- Storage Drive reliability logs became an instrumental tool for firmware/ system/ quality and reliability engineers, as well as for management teams, helping them make key decisions based on disk drive quality/ reliability metrics.