- Over 8 years as Senior Business Systems Analyst/ Business Analyst for large sized banking projects holding Domain knowledge across a breadth of areas including Retail/ Consumer banking, Corporate banking, Regulatory and Compliance projects including but not limited to FinCEN, FINRA, BSA/AML, AML/KYC. Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive with excellent oral, written communication skills; ability to work independently and with the team.
- Strong working domain knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) from inception to transition: Traditional and Agile methodologies such as Waterfall, Spiral, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe 4.0), Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum - Waterfall Hybrid, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Kanban.
- Proficient in B2B, B2C and Omni-channel understanding and co-ordination at diverse level of staff.
- Expertise in conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis: Risk, Impact, Cost-Benefit, Root cause, Feasibility, SWOT, GAP (AS-IS-TO-BE), Business Process Modeling for planning and execution of business decisions.
- Proficient understanding, execution and documentation skills with the compliance requirements - Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA Patriot Act.
- Proficient in conducting and facilitating Requirements Gathering using diverse elicitation techniques such as JAD Sessions, Survey/Questionnaire, Brainstorming, Interviews, Requirement Workshops, Focus Groups, and Prototyping with the clients Business Management Team, Financial Advisors, SMEs and Technology team.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills in creating, modifying and analyzing BRD, FRD/FSD, SRS using requirements gathering software such as Requirements Center 2009, Blueprint Requirements Center 2010, Jira, SharePoint.
- Extensively used JIRA, Confluence, RTC and other Atlassian tools for managing User stories and contributed in Scrum Ceremonies; Breaking down business requirements using DEEP, DIVE, 3Cs, INVEST, SMART, writing user stories/epics.
- Certified scrum master with expertise in facilitating and conducting ceremonies of Agile Scrum framework like Sprint Planning, Sprint Execution, Daily Stand up Meetings, Sprint Review & Sprint Retrospective to improve team performance and handling team dynamics.
- Assisted PO in defining Acceptance Criteria & Definition of Done, guiding the development team through different ways of slicing (based on Roles, Workflows, Operations) and prioritizing User Stories based on Moscow, Kano and experience in estimating User Stories using different estimation techniques such as T-shirt Sizing and planning poker.
- Assisted PM and PO to track and improve team’s efficiency by creating WBS, Critical Path Analysis and Milestone list.
- Extensively experienced in creating Prototypes: Wire-Frames and Mock-Up screens to visualize Graphical User Interface (GUI); Business Process Model, UML Modelling like Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Use Case Diagrams, Process Workflow Diagrams, Class Diagrams using Rational Rose, Lucid Chart, Balsamiq, MS Visio, Mock-Ups.
- Significant experience gained by extensive client interactions in highly cohesive and loosely coupled Service Oriented Architecture (SOA ) , 3-tier architecture and N-tier architecture with strong and in-depth understanding of XML, Web Services (WSDL, YAML, SOAP, REST) and Structured Query Language (SQL) across heterogeneous IT environments.
- Extensive knowledge in several Microsoft Azure services like Data Bricks, Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Blob Storage, SQL Data warehouse.
- Assisted the Development team in implementing Salesforce platform on different clouds like Sales , Service and Marketing cloud , Chatter and AppExchange applications and helped in Setup , Configuration , Customization and Administration .
- Experience in working with Salesforce tools like Apex Data Loader , Force.com Excel Connector and Explorer .
- Better understanding of relational database structure - Entity, attributes and relationships; ER diagrams (Chenn, IE diagrams); 3NF (BCNF) Normalization, De-normalization. Assisted in creating conceptual and logical data model.
- Skilled at designing and implementing SQL queries using joins (inner joins, outer joins), unions, select within select, order by, group by and aggregate functions to extract data from different data sources.
- Hands on experience in performing queries on SQL database/ Data stack - Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, using DML Joins, Views, Sub queries and Aggregate functions with understanding of Table, Schema, Procedures, Functions and Triggers.
- Experience in working with dimensional modeling tools - IBM InfoSphere; designing star/snowflake schema (facts and dimensions), and determining data warehouse architecture based on business needs.
- Expertise in ETL tool Informatica Power Center including Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor. Worked with mappings using various transformations like filter, joiner, Router, Source Qualifier, Expression, Union, Unconnected/Connected lookup, Aggregator, Sorter, Rank etc.,
- Extensive implementation knowledge of DW/BI: Data Marts and OLAP Operations such as Roll-Up, Drill-Down, Slice, Dice, and Pivot using PowerBI and Tableau. Acquaintance of Data-Migration and Data-Governance Processes.
- Experience on Azure Data Service and Products: Data Dictionary, Data factory, Data lake, Azure Batch, Dockers, Kubernetes, Virtual Machines, Azure express route, Azure traffic manager, Azure Load Balancer.
- Proficient in API architectures, authentication mechanisms: HTTP, XML, JSON, REST and Soap APIs. Used SOAP UI, REST UI and Postman for API testing; Swagger tool for API documentation; Mulesoft for API integration.
- Review/approve test plans & test cases, use of testing tools like HP-ALM/HP-QC. Cucumber, Gherkin for defect tracking and coordinate User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Extensive knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD) using Jenkins and Bamboo
- Thorough understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) and experienced in creating interactive, analytical dashboards using Power BI, Tableau for decision making.
- Experience with working in Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) environments.
- Skilled in working along with QA team to design Test plans, Test Cases and Test Scenarios for User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Black-box Testing, Functional Testing, various System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Load/Stress Testing, Performance Testing in both manual and automated testing.
Project Management Tools: JIRA (v.6.3, 7.0), Confluence (v.6.4, 6.3, 6.29), MS Project (2010, 2013), MS Share Point (2010, 2013), Microsoft Office Packages (2010, 2013, 2016)
SDLC Methodologies: Agile (SCRUM/ SAFe/ Kanban/ XP), Waterfall, Spiral, Rational RUP
Databases: MS SQL Server R12, IBM DB2, Oracle (v.9i, 10g, 11g, 12c), SQL Server 2000, MS Access (2010, 2013, 2016), MS Excel (2010, 2012), Flat files
Test, change & Defect Management Tools: HP ALM/ QC (v.11, 12), Swagger (v.2.0, 3.0), Gherkins, Cucumber (v.2.0, 3.0), Postman (v.3, 4, 5, 6), Selenium (v.3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6), Load Runner (v.11.5, 12.02), IBM Rational Requisite Pro, IBM Rational Clear Quest.
Technologies: Microsoft Azure Data Bricks, Azure Data Lake Storage, SALESFORCE
ETL, Data Analysis & Reporting tools: Informatica Power Center (v.9.5, 9.6.1), Tableau (v.9.3, 10.0, 10.1), Power BI, MuleSoft ESB (v.3.7), MS SSIS, MS SSRS, MS SSAS, IBM InfoSphere
Operating Systems: Windows XP/ 7/ 8/ 10, Mac OS X/ Sierra/ High Sierra/ Mojave, LINUX
Design & Version Control: MS VISIO, Smart Draw, Mockup screens (v.4.81), Lucid Chart, Rational Rose, Jenkins, Balsamiq
Business Skills: Change Management, Problem & Incident Management, Impact Analysis, JAD Sessions, SWOT Analysis, Project Planning, Project Scheduling & Budgeting, Risk Management, Conflict Management, Excellent Communication.
Data Warehousing: Data Marts, Data Modeling, OLAP, OLTP, Data Mining, ETL, OLAP operations like (Slicing/Dicing, Drill Down/Roll up, Pivot), Star and Snowflake Schema
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Improved the existing on-boarding software to cater to consumer business needs in an Agile/Scrum.
- Understood the existing on-boarding system to perform GAP analysis and documented the results in as-is and to-be categories to generate the business requirements from the client.
- Interviewed Subject Matter Experts and performed extensive Document Reviews to develop a thorough understanding of business processes & analyzed the Customer On-boarding to aid Business Process Improvements.
- Requirement gathered function specifications for modifications of the Customer On-boarding system across multiple channels.
- Gathered requirement for on-boarding methods comprising KYC, BSA/AML, CIP, and EDD regulations.
- Proficient understanding of Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti Money Laundering (AML), Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF), Customer Identification Program (CIP), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Suspicious Activity Report (SAR), Customer Information File (CIF), Risk and Controls, Fraud Investigations, Record keeping and retention.
- Worked with compliances team to understand banking security regulations including but not limited to: USA PATRIOT ACT, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Financial Action Task Force (FATF), Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
- Participated in Product vision meeting, Initial Backlog grooming meeting and assisted Product Owner in breaking down Product Vision into Epics/User stories using DEEP, DIVE, 3Cs, INVEST, SMART techniques using JIRA.
- Extensively used MS SharePoint to manage web applications, create site collection, configure using quota template and baseline templates. Monitored workflow using tasks board and task lists, for Product backlog and user stories.
- Worked with the scrum development to understand building Java micro services in Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Integrated Azure Active Directory, ADB2C with CRM system to ease the customer on-boarding and identification.
- Performed extensive Prototyping, UML diagram using MS Visio; Held Requirement Churn during the project by performing Impact Analysis, feasibility analysis and maintained the Triple Constraints.
- Facilitated changes to module design; prepared documentation necessary for change; and coordinated release of changes for change management control, re-baseline artifacts.
- Worked with data migration, document data manipulation processes and scripts using Azure Data Factory.
- Leveraged knowledge of Batch Integration process by making Azure REST’s Bulk API calls from the application to the API to upload the data using Postman.
- Performed Source system exploration and data Profiling to avoid anomalies using SQL query on MS SQL Server. Advanced analytical functions such as clustering, regression, correlation and market basket analysis for DW/BI.
- Used Azure Enterprise integration Service - SQL Server Database to migrate database with cold data securely to Azure Cloud. Performed Business data modeling
- Used Azure Data Lake Storage Service Gen2 ensuring tight integration to streamline our analytical processes to provide our customers with best in class experience.
- Worked on SOA, API architecture as well as communication protocols, XML, JSON, XML Schema, Web Services (REST, SOAP, WSDL), Strong understanding of UNIX concepts and common network protocols.
- Performed API Documentation for APIs using SWAGGER TOOL and testing using POSTMAN for both POST and GET call.
- Conducted weekly meetings with the project team and weekly status reporting (Score Card); prepared an overall QA status report and shared it with the Team/Senior management using HP ALM 12.5 installed to Azure cloud.
- Assisted the QA team in preparing Test Cases, Test Plans for all the processes. Using HP ALM executed Black Box Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Worked closely with development team for Behavior Driven Development using CUCUMBER and created feature files.
- Assisted in automated acceptance testing using feature files on CUCUMBER, and plain language parser GHERKIN.
- Tested application in different environment and performed cross browser testing using Selenium server.
- Advanced SQL skills: understanding of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with Report authoring, Report management and Report Delivery. In-depth knowledge of DML SQL queries like JOINS, AGGREGATE, INDEX.
- Created data visualization/reporting dashboards on powerBI, using OLAP cubes for a comprehensive look on deals/prospects for CRM team and On-boarding team.
ENVIRONMENT: Agile/Scrum, MS Visio 0.15, MS Visio, MS Office Dynamics 365, JIRA 7.0, MS Sharepoint, Salesforce, MS SQL Server, MS Project, Cucumber, Gherkin, SELENIUM, Java micro services, HTML, REST, postman 5.0, swagger 3.0., HP ALM 12.5, Tableau 10.0, Microsoft Azure Cloud, Azure Batch, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2, Azure Blob storage, Azure Data Bricks, Visual Basic.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Managed the whole process and implementation using Agile/Scrum Methodology.
- Interviewed Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and performed extensive Document Reviews to develop a thorough understanding of business processes to aid Business Process Improvements.
- Conducted in JAD sessions, got requirement specification documents including Project Objectives, Business Rules
- Conducted Daily Stand-up Meeting, created stories/tasks, assigned to developers & updated the Burn-Down Chart.
- Performed GAP analysis and documented the results in AS-IS and TO-BE categories to generate the business requirements from the clients.
- Participated in Scrum ceremonies, extensively used Jira for converting requirements to User stories, assisted the Product Owner in writing acceptance criteria and framing Definition of Done (DOD) for the PSPI.
- Worked closely with the technical team to convert the functional requirements into technical specifications like Prototypes, Graphical User Interface (GUI) and User Interface (UI) mock-ups using Balsamiq.
- Understanding and review of various documents including Software Requirement Specifications ( SRS ), Business requirements document ( BRD ), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications ( FSD ), Systems Design Specification ( SDS ), Requirement Traceability Matrix ( RTM ) and testing documents.
- Worked as a liaison between developers and QA team in creating Test Plan and Test Cases using Rational Test Manager .
- Generated test data , and assisted QA team with manual testing whenever possible.
- Prepared Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams from conceptual to procedural level in MS Visio. Assisted in concocting Conceptual and Logical Data Models for Data warehouse architecture .
- Supported development team in unit testing by providing testing data during User Acceptance Testing (UAT ) phase.
- Communicated directly with Credit card banker, customers, agents and attorneys to achieve an ideal customer experience
- Prepared and reviewed of closing documents for purchases and refinances.
- Implemented of recommendations from Basel Committee on Banking supervision on IT projects for Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Market Risk in line with Basel II.
- Provided coverage for Anti Money Laundering (AML) compliance monitoring, Customer Identification Program (CIP), Know Your Customer (KYC) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Understanding of FICO score areas to determine credit worthiness: payment history, current level of indebtedness, types of credit used, length of credit history and new credit accounts; run credit reports to access credit risk.
- Worked closely with the creation and generation of reports.
- Performed UAT testing to validate system & application performance. Developed User Manuals & Support team manuals.
- Identified different risks such as credit risk (default risk), prepayment risk, inflation risk, and market risk. Project requirements for cash management practices adhered to accounting principles or GAAP and IFRS.
- Worked with risk management tools for credit cards servicing, different types and levels of credit cards, and risk analytics.
- Extensively used SQL queries to retrieve and validate data, prepared for data mapping in Data warehouse .
- Performed Data Analysis for BI reporting using dashboards and analysis using regression, clustering, correlation.
- Reviewed Stored Procedures for reports and wrote test queries against source system ( SQL Server ) to match results with actual report against Data mart ( Oracle ).
ENVIRONMENT: Agile/Scrum Environment, Data Warehouse, Data marts, SQL Server, Oracle, Rational Test Manager, Jira, Balsamiq, SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Word, Visual Studio, MS Office Suite, Microsoft Power Point, Rational Clear Quest, Rational requisite pro.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Developed and managed the formal SDLC implementation using the Agile/Scrum Methodology .
- Worked with Cross-functional teams to gather requirements, analyzed them, documented and performed review sessions and gathered feedback/ sign off.
- Identified capabilities and mapped them as Epics and User stories within VSTS (Visual Studio Team System) and performed review sessions with business partners and gathered sign-offs.
- Authored the product backlog for the complete project, derived User Stories for individual iterations, assigned tasks and allocated appropriate resources for completion and acceptance of individual Stories.
- Participated in scrum methodology by giving insights into prioritizing User Stories . Responsible for assigning story points.
- Attended daily stand-up meetings , sprint planning and sprint review meetings .
- Gathered and articulated Business Requirements from User Interviews and synthesize those requirements into technical specifications , users having knowledge of e-commerce platform.
- Analyzed e-commerce specific Business Requirements and created Use Cases , Use Case Diagrams, Navigation Flows, Business Flow Diagrams and Work Flow Diagrams for applications and created Activity Diagrams / State Chart Diagrams using MS Visio and created conceptual model, behavior diagrams.
- Conducted walk through sessions for Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Use Cases to discuss certain issues with stakeholders, Architectures and Design & development teams and did GAP Analysis .
- Conducted Joint Requirements planning sessions (JRP) as a facilitator to gather requirements from the Business User and conducted many Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions.
- Provided senior executives with key findings and results to analyze, cross-sell, and upgrade existing customers.
- Provided Campaign Analytics on all marketing campaigns including Upgrade Marketing Metrics, Direct Sales Metrics, Acquisition Marketing Metrics, and Retention Marketing Metrics.
- Interacted with the QA Team in executing the Test Plans , Providing Test Data , Creating Test Cases , and detection of bugs and collecting the Test Metrics . Defined validations to be built into application in line with the functional requirements.
- Participated in meetings with developers, project managers and quality analyst to discuss business requirements, test planning, resource utilization, and defect tracking.
- Coordinated QA activities with developers, and online producers, project managers, and third-party vendors having a specific e-commerce background.
ENVIRONMENT: Office 365, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Outlook, Oracle, SQL, Micro strategy, Tableau Desktop, Jira, Postman, Balsamiq, Blueprint Requirements Center 2010
- Assisted and worked with Project manager in creating and assigning tasks through Work Break-Down Structure (WBS).
- Worked in Waterfall as System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Gathered Requirements from stakeholders, customers and SME’s for scope and requirements of online banking system.
- Worked with the dev team to verify that business needs are fulfilled and deliverables are in budget, quality and time.
- Defined the context of the system by creating various Use Cases for development system requirements specifications encompassing Functional and Non-Functional and GUI requirements.
- COTS evaluations and implementation for reporting that resulted in choosing Business Objects as the reporting tool.
- Developed UML Diagrams for modeling static and dynamic aspects of Online Banking System.
- Create Requirements Traceability Matric (RTM) using HP QC tool.
- Developed data maps for retrieval of information from existing account systems and outlined security measures for accessibility and transmission of information which helped in producing timely reports.
- Created ad-hoc reports using MS-Excel and pivot tables to do the calculations and creating report accordingly.
- Developed plans for verification and validation of requirements at all levels so that the developed software would successfully fulfil and satisfy all the user expectations and business needs.
- Worked with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for UAT and Regression Testing.
- Worked closely with Project Manager for change request and helped in impact analysis.
- Helped creating and modifying to match the requirements.
ENVIRONMENT: Waterfall, MS Office Suite, UAT Testing, SQL, HP QC, COTS, MS Office.
- Determined User requirements, Business requirements and Functional Requirements.
- Preparation of HLD, LLD and their reviews.
- Created vision, scope, and use case documents, Use Case Diagrams, and Activity Diagrams.
- Utilized RUP to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures.
- Performed GAP and Risk Analysis of existing system and evaluated benefits of new system.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues.
- Experienced in Analyzing Feasibility and risk analysis to identify the business-critical areas from the user's perspective.
- Worked with gathering requirement from stake holders and SME (Subject Matter Expert) by interviewing them, also prepared questionnaires and receive their feedback.
- Performed SQL queries operation such as DML and DDL commands for data extraction and manipulation.
- Worked with QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Coordinated work plans between project manager and client using MS Project.
- Created documentation for training and Help Desk teams.
- Production release Coordination & Implementation support.
- Documentation of production support related procedures, tips and best practices.
ENVIRONMENT: Waterfall, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, SQL, Oracle, Rational Doors, Rational ClearQuest, Rational Rose, SharePoint, HP QC.
- Networked with Subject Matter Experts SMEs, Project Managers and Process Analysts to understand the business process, gather Business Requirements and identified enhancements.
- Provided Data analytics support for high-priority decisions, customer service improvement and organizational realignment through Data reporting and analysis on Excel.
- Developed database objects, including tables and views to normalize our data and to secure its integrity and materialized views using SQL queries on MYSQL database.
- Developed SQL Queries with multiple table joins, functions, subqueries, set operations and T-SQL stored procedures and user defined functions for data analysis.
- Analyzed and interpreted consumer behavior, market opportunities and conditions, marketing results, trends, and investment levels through Content and Collaborative analysis to do the market segmentation.
ENVIRONMENT: Waterfall, MS Office Suite, MS Access, SQL Server 2005/2008, SQL, MYSQL, Oracle, MS Visio.