- 6 years of working experience on all phases of Software Test Life Cycle (STLC), its methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and Waterfall Model.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/ IDE/Grid, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Web Services (REST, SOAP).
- Experienced in customizing Selenium API to suit in testing environment.
- Experienced in developing and executing manual and automated tests in different platforms using Java and the Selenium library.
- Experienced in Development of Automation Scripts, Execution and Analyzing the Test Results using Hybrid, Jasmine framework, Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), Cucumber, Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework.
- Extensively worked on Selenium WebDriver with the preferred Languages Java.
- Experienced in Web Service testing by using SoapUI.
- Experienced in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Strong experience in cross browser, cross platform web testing with Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in using Jenkins/Hudson as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven.
- Experience in developing scripts for automation purposes using Shell Scripting and Python.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Black - Box/White Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Boundary Value Testing.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Experience in the development of Data driven, Keyword driven and Hybrid Automation frameworks in Selenium.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Test Automation Planning, Developing and Execution of Test Scripts, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Defect Tracking and Custom Report Generation.
- Proficient in Back-end Database Testing and writing SQL queries, Joins, Procedures using Oracle and SQL Server.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and firepath to identify web elements.
- Expert using open source bug tracking tool JIRA, Quality Center/ALM and BugZilla.
- Experienced in writing SQL verification scripts to test the result of deployment for correct business logic for Back-end testing.
- Provided process leadership and projects management within the Quality Assurance Team, including researching, recommending, and implementing quality process improvements and automation tools, and mentoring other Quality Assurance staff.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & Git.
- Excellent experience in troubleshooting software applications for business functions in major areas of the business and enterprise-wide.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Communication and Presentation skills, and always willing to work in challenging and cross-platform Environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Postman, Rest Assured, SOAP UI, Cucumber, APPIUM
Platforms: Unix/Linux, Mac OS, Windows
Database: Oracle, MySQL.
Programming: Java, Python, Shell Scripting
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Bugzilla, HP ALM
Browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Debugging Tools: Chrome Developer, Firebug
Version Control: GIT
WebServer: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere
Build Tool: Maven
Confidential, Mesa, AZ
QA Automation Engineer
- Conducting walkthroughs with business analyst to understand the requirements.
- Closely coordinating with the system analysts and business domain owners to understand the test requirements that may help in designing better automation framework
- Worked with manual testing and automated test cases of different application on Windows Environment.
- Involved in development of test plans, test cases, test scenarios to facilitate the process of testing.
- Responsible for creating test plans for enhancements.
- Prepared detailed test scripts as per the BRD and FSD.
- Performed tests based on Agile Environment.
- Developed modular & robust automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG and Java.
- Responsible for creating customize test scripts in java in TestNG format.
- Conducting defect prioritization and defect triage meetings with stakeholders.
- Maintaining all manual test scripts and other artifacts like test data, test results and defect reports using JIRA.
- Designing automation test suites for regression testing using knowledge of java programming language and Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in development of data-driven framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested REST API using SOAPUI
- Use Jenkins and GitHub for Continuous integration to run smoke and regression test cases.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Tested request and response JSON based web services interfaces using SOAPUI.
- Used SQL queries to cross check the front-end data with back end tables.
- Prepared and participated in weekly status meetings, conducted walkthroughs.
- Performing Production validation as the code is moved from UAT to Production environment.
- Regularly communicated with project managers, development managers, release managers and developers to ensure comprehensive test planning and execution.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, SOAPUI, Eclipse, Maven, Cucumber, Soap UI, Agile methodology (Scrum), Jenkins, Jira, SQL, GitHub, Linux, Windows.
System Quality Analyst
- Reviewed the Product Backlog, Functional Specifications Document and Technical Documentation.
- Interacted with the Project Manager, Business Analysts and Developers to understand the application design and functional specifications.
- Implemented Data Driven automation test framework with Selenium WebDriver, Java and TestNG.
- Used Apache POI to read data from external sources and provide them as parameter to the locators in the test script.
- Prepared Test cases for positive and negative test scenarios as referred in the user stories keeping in mind Boundary Value Limitations, Equivalence classes.
- Automated running Regression tests and build report generator for daily builds using Jenkins Build Jobs, Maven.
- Worked on Capturing Screenshots on Failure or Pass to analyze the test failure reason.
- Used Jenkins tool for continuous integration of the builds.
- Developed REST API Test automation framework using Java, REST Assured and JUnit.
- Created automated shell scripts to verify server setup for Tomcat,AIX and WebLogic.
- Wrote UCD/AHP agent start/stop scripts using python.
- Create scripts Python for new functionalities and update the existing scripts for upgraded functionalities.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Extensively used Quality Center/ALM to maintain Requirements, Test plans, write Test Cases, Defects and Traceability Matrix.
- Used version control software like GitHub.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, REST Assured, ALM, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber, JSON, SQL,Agile (Scrum), Windows, Unix, AIX, Python, Shell Scripting .
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Worked with the development team to understand new features and develop test cases for them.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches core Java programming skills using Eclipse IDE.
- Automated the entire flow and wrote test cases for individual pages using TestNG.
- Wrote automated testing code in Selenium WebDriver in Eclipse IDE for functional testing including AJAX-enabled applications.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Setup Jenkins to run regular regression tests using Maven configuration.
- Used Soap UI tool to located the WSDL file on the internet, create test cases, and execute test cases as well as performing load testing.
- Involved in testing of web application by creating XML test suite.
- Provided feedback to the development team to enable better testability of some pages.
- Involved in backend testing for different environments like System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked with Developers, Architects and business team in AGILE environment.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Eclipse, TestNG, Cucumber, Jenkins, Maven, SOAP UI, HTML, Eclipse, Firebug, Fire Path, XPath, Agile, Quality Center, Git and Windows.
- Worked closely with BA to understand the business requirements.
- Analyzed the requirements documents and prepared test cases for various modules of website.
- Participated in daily scrums and status review meetings.
- Performed UI, Functional and Compatibility testing.
- Validated HTML and CSS code changes made to the website.
- Automated functional regression tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed cross browser testing on Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera and IE.
- Used GIT repository for version control.
- Performed data-driven testing by verifying data in databases.
- Responsible for executing regression tests using Selenium.
- Reported defects in bug tracking system.
- Automated load testing with JMeter.
- Analyzed test results and communicated with development team.
QA Test Engineer
- Developed manual and automated test cases to test the functionality of the application.
- Worked on System Test Plan Preparation, Requirements Streamlining and Traceability Matrix in ALM.
- Developed and executed test cases for integration, system and regression testing throughout the software development life cycle.
- Performed Functional testing and Published test summary reports.
- Participated in writing Test Plan, Test strategy & Test Scenarios based on software documentation from business, technical and functional requirements.
- Performed end-to-end testing of application and verified compliance for software quality standards of the organization.
- Conducted weekly meetings with the developers and build team.
- Implemented Recovery Scenario to handle unexpected events or errors.
- Tracked, Reviewed, Analyzed and Compared defects using Quality Center.
- Participated in Test Case review and Test case sign off meetings.
- Tested in Development, Staging and Production Environments.
Environment: Manual Testing, SQL, Java, Quality Center.