- QA Test Analyst / Software Test Engineer experienced in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Quality Assurance (QA), Software Testing, Software Test Life Cycle, and QA Test methodologies. Expertise in experience in analysis of Software Requirement Specification (SRS), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS), software design documents (SDD), use cases design documents and development of software test plans, test strategy, test cases, and traceability matrix
- Experience in working waterfall model, V - model and Agile (SCRUM) software development environment.
- Expert in functional, regression, integration, system, smoke, user Acceptance, load, performance, volume and stress testing.
- Solid experience in developing and Executing Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Data and Test Cases.
- Advanced knowledge of object-oriented programming as applied to automated testing tools.
- Experienced in HP-ALM, Selenium, Quality Center, and JIRA
- Experienced in writing Test Conditions and Test Cases from the Requirements specifications and Functional specifications.
- Expertise in problem solving and bug tracking reports using Bug Tracking tools JIRA, ALM, Quality Center.
- Strong experience in testing applications for Windows, UNIX operating platform.
- Solid experience in maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrices (RTM) to measure the testing progress.
- Professional experience in testing Financial, Telecommunications, Insurance and Automotive applications.
- Strong knowledge of Relational Database Management System(RDBMS).
- Experience 508 compliance testing using JAWS and WAVE
- Experience in writing SQL Queries, extract data from MS SQL Server and Oracle.
- Expertise in implementing CMMI standard processes and procedures.
- Experience in managing projects documentation and tasks using SharePoint.
- Dynamic and Assertive team player with strong commitment and project management skills. .
- Experience in working in highly dynamic and challenging environment.
- Experience in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with development team, clients, and members of the project management team.
Automated Testing Tools: ALM, JIRA, WAVE, JAWS, Quality Center Quick, Test Professional, Load-Runner, Selenium, JUnit, TestNG
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/XP/2000, Unix
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Software Test Engineer
- Involved in interacting with the stakeholders, development team, and business analysts in understanding of the business requirements, use cases and design documents.
- Analyzed functional requirements and design specifications documents to ensure that application meets all technical and business requirements.
- Participated in project sprint planning, execution, testing and releases on Scrum methodology.
- Build test scenarios and test cases to determine the system meets all approved requirements.
- Performed System Testing, GUI Testing, Integration Testing, Functional and Regression Testing, and Security Testing.
- Investigated requirements and interfaced with developers to resolve issues and reporting the issues to all concerned. Outstanding issues are documented and managed JIRA. worked closely with the Systems team, Business Analyst, Developers and UI team to resolve the requirement issues, deployment issues, and change management issues.
- Developed and maintain comprehensive test cases and procedures for all aspect of verification.
- Executed of end-to-end testing to evaluate system testing of the application.
- Coordinate with end-users to schedule and support User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Interfaced with developers in resolving the defects investigated in the application during testing.
- Created Traceability Matrix to ensure that all the requirements are covered by the test cases.
- Working closely with team members to ensure status and schedules are communicated.
- Extensively performed manual and automation testing activities using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Performed data validation and analyzed its result for data comparison reports.
- Perform hands-on manual testing to validate that software meets the requirements.
- Participate in peer reviews of functional specification, application previews, and test plans/test cases.
- Create and execute SQL queries to fetch data from Oracle database to validate the user interface (UI)
- Used JIRA for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Create new bugs and track status of bug using JIRA
- Interaction with business analysts and developers to resolve the technical issues so as to meet the client’s requirement for a better-quality software product.
Environment: HP Quality Center, ALM, SVN, VSS . J2EE, JAVA, C, VB Scripts, UNIX, Quick Test Pro, JIRA, Quality Center, Oracle, SQL, TOAD.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Software QA Engineer
- Involved in understanding of functionality and design of different applications based on the Requirement Specification Document.
- Captured Test Cases and Test Results in Quality Center and documented and prepared the release notes as part of the project deliverables.
- Investigated Software bugs and Interfaced with developers to resolve technical issues and reporting the bugs to all concerned.
- Investigated requirements and interfaced with developers to resolve issues and reporting the issues to all concerned. Outstanding issues are documented and managed through Quality Center.
- Reviewed the requirement and design documents, ensure that requirements are clear and testable.
- Reviewed software Test plan for defining test scenarios and writing manual and automated test scripts
- Maintained Requirement Traceably Matrix (RTM) after developing and updating Test Cases
- Created, Maintained and Executed Manual Test Scripts in Quality Center.
- Analyzed and identified defects, and logged defects with detailed specification into Quality Center as they relate to Test Cases.
- Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Worked with Users and Business Analysts to define and design test scenarios and test data.
- Used the data driven testing and database accessing techniques to support the scripts.
- Wrote SQL queries to test Data Integrity, Referential Integrity and performed Database Testing for the Application.
- Extensively used SQL Queries to verify the data from the database.
- Used Quality Center as the test repository and used it for executing the test cases and scripts and logging & generated various reports and graphs for further analysis.
- Actively participated in Review meetings and walkthroughs and prepared the defect progress reports during defect meetings.
Environment: VB, Quality Center, SQL Server, UNIX, Windows XP.
- Involve in Designing, documenting, maintaining and debugging UI for web-based applications.
- Investigated the Software bugs and interfaced with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Executed Test Cases using different testing techniques like Positive Testing, Negative Testing and smoke.
- Tested Internet Application on different browsers.
- Expertise in working with Quality Center for logging, tracking, retesting and reporting the defects.
- Involved in User Acceptance testing.
- Creating Test Matrix for reports.
- Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Performed execution of test cases manually to verify the expected results
- Meet with the developers and technical content writers on a regularly update the test documents
- Developed & executed Test scenarios for User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: Windows, TOAD, and Quality Center, SQL server.