- Quality Analyst with 8 years of experience in both manual and automation testing.
- Implemented Test Strategies, Test Plans and Methodologies based on Business Requirements and Use cases.
- Experience in working with Selenium Automation framework like DDF, KDF, and Cucumber.
- Experience in testing REST API by created Test Suite, Test Cases, and adding different Assertions.
- Analyzed the request and response of Soap web services using Soap UI.
- Good understanding of Web Content Management System (WCMS) and related testing concepts.
- Added different types of assertions such as SLA, Not Soap Fault assertion, HTTP Response, XPath and the Contains assertions to validate the response of web services in Soap UI.
- Extensive experience in validating the XML schema.
- Utilized the standard HTTP methods such as GET, POST, DELETE to validate the restful web services.
- Attended the BRI (Business Requirement Identification) meeting to understand the business Requirements.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed test plans/test cases and performed integration testing, system testing and end - to- end testing of multiple features of cloud services using agile development process.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database editing and debugging tests using Selenium.
- Involved in Hybrid (Keyword data) driven framework design using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to provide more flexibility in automating test cases.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver, which cut down the script development time in half.
- Identified test cases to automate, automated those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, and testing.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing, environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver and executed a batch of tests as TestNG suite.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Maven to build the Project.
- Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Used Firebug to do web-based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Participated in meeting, teleconferences walk through with the development team, QA manager and Project manager (PM).
- Worked as a Quality Assurance Analyst in a testing team for preparation and execution of Automation Test Scripts and Test Suites with Selenium Grid/WebDriver using Test NG, Maven and Java.
- Experience on working with TestNG for the sake of automation reports.
- Implemented all the object orientated concepts while working with POM for the sake of code reusability.
- Implemented the parallel testing using selenium grid on the different browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, IE.
- Good experience on configuring the Hubs and nodes while implementing the parallel testing using selenium grid.
- Extensive experience in executing the test suites using build tool Maven.
- Excellent understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Testing Planning Process.
- Participated in requirements analysis, reviews and working sessions.
- Expertise in writing System Test Plans, Test Design Specifications, defining Test Case Specifications and Test Procedures, developing, and maintaining Test Cases in Quality Center.
- Extensive experience in performing both Smoke and Sanity testing.
- Performed Functional Testing, Integration Testing and System Testing.
- Implemented Black Box, Regression, User Acceptance, Usability, Compatibility, Re- and Portability testing on Windows and UNIX Environment.
- Hands on experience on the test design techniques such as Equivalent Partition, Boundary value analysis and decision table.
- Extensive experience on the preparation of test data for both positive and negative test cases.
- Solid Knowledge of Object Orientated Concepts in Java.
- Responsible for creating the weekly Cumulative and Current Software Defect reports for Managerial meetings using Quality Center.
- Experience in complete “life cycle of a Bug/Defect”
- Experience in using defect tracking tools like HP Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Actively involved in Production release support.
- Strong SQL knowledge with hands-on experience of SQL server database
- Excellent Hands on experience with ALM.
- A ability to anticipate, identify and articulate problem areas and develop preventative solutions.
- Participated in Scrum meetings.
- Delivered Testing documents such as Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Defect Profile, Daily Test-Coverage, Daily Test Status, Performance documents and Traceability Matrix to the Team Manager.
- Coordinated well with junior QA testers in tracking the sprint status.
- Utmost Passionate about software quality.
Test Automation Tools: QTP, Selenium Web driver
Testing Frameworks: TestNG, Junit, Cucumber, Jenkins
Languages: JAVA, HTML, XML, Python SQL, Oracle9i/10g, DB2, MS Access, RDBMS, MS-SQL Server
Test Management tools: HP Quality Center, ALM, Rally Waterfall, V model, Agile
Webserver tools: SOAP UI, RestAPI
Bug Tracking tools: JIRA, Bugzilla
Operating Systems: Linux/Unix, Windows, MAC OSX.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Understanding and analyzing business requirements to see feasibility.
- Prepared Test strategy, Test plan and Test cases for the project based on the requirements.
- Executed Test cases from Public storage customized test management tool such as DevSuite.
- Executed complex SQL queries in the Database to provide test data to a team of six members working on a deadline to achieve the goal of certification. Also, performed data validation testing and executed stored procedures using SQL.
- Created and executed the Test suites using SOAP UI.
- Utilized the standard HTTP methods such as GET, POST, DELETE to validate the restful web services
- Validated WSDL files, XML schema and Web service end points for each environment.
- Developed the automation script using Selenium web driver with java.
- Developed integration and test processes and perform integration of system components.
- Developed and executes interface test scenarios and test cases
- Prepared regression test cases using Keyword, Data-driven and Hybrid frame works.
- Created the maven project to create the dependences like jars.
- Utilized different locators to identify the web elements.
- Implemented the Page Object Model for the sake of code reusability.
- Coordinated effectively with junior QA testers/QA team in tracking the sprint status.
- Go-to person for Defect resolution and retesting fixed code by developers.
- Documented clean and precise test result/reporting documents for Project Lead, Manager and Director.
- Stayed committed, motivated although challenges came throughout various phases of the project.
- Implemented the Page Object Model for the sake of code reusability.
- Executed all the automation test suites using build tool as maven.
- Implemented the parallel testing using Selenium grid on different browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, IE.,
- Analyzed JSON Responses after invoking the REST API in SOAPUI/READY API
- Reviewed the reports using TestNG for Selenium Automation Test Executions.
- Validated the communication reports such PDF documents, email communications after worked on the reservations, auto-pay management, Changes in customer information
- Maintained User stories, logged defects for developers, tested, and validated results once fix was done.
- Generated and analyzed reports (debug log) to understand which part of the system failed to respond.
- Corresponded directly with developers to ensure clear communication on the business requirements and interacting with other teams on sharing environments through web-meetings, etc.
Environment: Siebel, Visual studio, XML, Selenium, Eclipse, Dev suite, Amdocs, SOAPUI, Mac OSX.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Quality Analyst /Engineer
- Worked in an Agile software development methodology.
- Participated in daily scrum/standup meetings, provided updates to the scrum master about the task assigned to me.
- Discussed road blocks that was impacting the testing also discussed the task planned for the day.
- Used JIRA software for sprint planning, updating tasks, creating issues and for keeping track about the progress of the project.
- Created test cases both in HPALM based on the user stories
- Created and executed the test suite using SOAPUI.
- Imported the WSDL in SOAPUI and validated the schema of web service.
- Analyzed the request and response in SOAPUI.
- Manually executed test cases in HPALM, also used the COLLIS tool to execute test cases manually for the certification process.
- Was involved closely with the development team in resolving defects, feature tested the defects with development environment before merging the code for QA testing purpose.
- Reported defects in HPLAM and linked defect HPLAM id’s in JIRA to the respective issues created.
- Implemented the automation testing using selenium Web driver.
- Created and executed the test cases using Hybrid frame work.
- Viewed the reports using TestNG.
- Performed Build verification / smoke testing to ensure the deployed build was a good environment to perform integration or regression testing.
- Attended and participated actively in Program increment (PI) planning and planned sprints, interacted with other teams that we were externally depended upon.
- Participated in Sprint planning meetings and discussed the progress made in the previous sprint, then planned for the next sprint with brainstorming for ideas with the team.
- As a member of the QA team, was involved in the Product backlog refinement meetings with the product owner and provided updates involving the QA testing for user stories. Written SQL queries to fetch data from the backend controller files.
- Extensively performed regression testing, end-to-end/integration testing, backend testing, user acceptance testing and Automated regression test cases with Selenium.
- Interacted and tested with the business closely during User acceptance testing to get a sign-off on user stories from the business.
- Provided sign-off on user stories/functionalities after completing end-to-end testing before the product went live in production.
Environment: JIRA, Java, Oracle, MS Office, ALM, UNIX, MS Excel, PL/SQL, SOAPUI, Selenium, Eclipse and Oracle 8.1, Agile Methodology.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document, created the test plan and prepared detailed test cases on HP Quality Centre.
- Used Agile methodology (Scrum) to ensure the new features meet the customer requirements and acceptable quality assurance standards
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, protractor to handle Angular JS,
- TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Extensively used Selenium locators like (XPath, CSS Selectors, Fire Bug, Fire path locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Tested request and response XML's based Web Services interfaces using SOAPUI.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAPUI.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Performed API Level testing for Web Services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many Test suites using XML and Python.
- Performed the Mobile Testing for Mobile App of Client, identify the Mobile Platform like IOS, Android by using Appium.
- Developed Selenium test scripts for identified test cases by using Data Driven framework.
- Setup the Automation Framework using Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse, TestNG and Run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Perform functional, UI, System, Regression, Smoke, Sanity, backend, Ad-hoc, UAT, stress, load and other nonfunctional testing.
- Used SQL queries performing data validation to ensure data accuracy and data Integrity by backend testing of new data ware house products.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Used emulators and IOS simulators to perform the manual Mobile Testing.
- Interacted with developers and business Users to communicate the defects and Actively participated in replicating the bugs and performed regression testing using JIRA.
- Logged the issues from UAT and communicated to developers for further research & fix.
- Combined MVC Pattern architecture concept, POM (Page Object Model) and created a framework using Selenium WebDriver to automate Web Client.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Continuous Delivery is being enabled through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, UAT, and PRO using Jenkins.
- Performed the Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing queries on MS SQL Server.
Environment : Agile Methodology, Java, Ruby, Cucumber, QTP, J2EE, Selenium, LoadRunner, UNIX, MS Office, SQL Server, WebDriver, Grid, QC/ALM, JIRA, Bugzilla, TestNG, FileNet, Junit, ALM, Rally, Maven, Jenkins, GitHub.
- Performed Functional , Regression, Ad Hoc on Web based applications.
- Developed and maintained test suites, test cases.
- Analyzed the user/business requirements, functional specs and Use Case documents and created the Test Plans, Test cases.
- Coordinated with the business analysts and developers and discussed issues in interpreting the requirements.
- Involved in providing the Testing Effort estimates and provided the timely feedback on progress of the testing activity Involved in executing the selenium scripts and analyze the test reports
- Used Maven, Selenium Web driver, Java and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts.
- Cross-Browser Testing both Manual and using Selenium.
- Involved in complete project software development life cycle (SDLC) and Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC)
- Agile Process was followed, and testing was done simultaneously
- Attend daily Scrum Calls and guided Developer regarding the defects
- Developed detail Test Plan and test cases
- Managed Test Cases using IBM Rational tools.
- Lead offshore team, Attended Off-shore calls and guided offshore testers with new requirements and execution of test scenarios.
- Involved in performing functional testing, regression testing, and smoke testing for web applications.
- Involved in End-to-End testing of business rules on the Web based application
- Perform software and system verification and validation testing with application of manual test tools.
- Create Traceability matrix between requirements & test cases to make sure all requirements are covered with test cases.
- Perform Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Validated XML files as part of web services testing.
Environment: TestNG, Eclipse, SOAPUI, Java, Selenium Web Driver, JIRA, HTML, XML, XPATH, Firebug,, SQL, DB2, Windows, IBM Rational Quality Manager, Rational ClearQuest,, HTML, XML, SOAP UI, Web Services, Win 7, SQL, UNIX, IE.