- Software Quality Assurance (QA) Manager & Engineer with more than 18 years of hands - on experience leading and supporting technology validation and QA programs.
- Ensures product quality and technical compliance within business and technical standards.
- Leads onshore and offshore cross-functional teams to plan and complete QA and testing projects.
- Specialized in planning, implementing, and supporting Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC) and Software Testing Lifecycles (STLC).
- Managed QA teams at Confidential responsible for developing and completing testing lifecycles for multiple technologies, including .NET, SQL Server, Dell Boomi, Salesforce, Azure, and Android Titanium framework.
- Evaluated and implemented tools at Confidential to improve the efficiency of test case management and automation testing for Web and Mobile applications.
- Led QA testing on multiple projects at Confidential, including the Fin Tran application used to manage financial transactions and approval processes, and a Confidential consolidation of song usage data from over 1,200 radio stations.
- Directed and performed QA testing on a RDML consolidation of transactions from approximately 160 Confidential offices operating nationwide, processing 200 GB of data nightly.
- Supported the development and testing of enterprise software at Confidential, coordinating software engineering and QA processes for the Online Services Data Governance and Data Center Access Tool, Release Management Planner, Release and Deployment Tracker, and DSL Web Services.
- Experience using a variety of software development methodologies (Waterfall, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.)
APPLICATIONS & FRAMEWORKS: Mobile Application Frameworks (Appcelarator, Titanium Studio), CRM (Siebel 7.7, Siebel Analytics), SharePoint Services, Forefront Identity Manager, Confidential Office Suite, BizTalk Server
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TOOLS: Automation Tools (Mercury Load Runner, Mercury Win Runner, QTP), Visual Studio Team Test, Selenium TFS, Visual Studio 2005 - 2010
TEST CASE MANAGEMENT: Mercury Test Director, TFS, Product Studio, QA Symphony
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES: C#.NET, VB 6.0, VB.NET, T/SQL
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows (all versions), Unix
DATABASES: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012
Confidential, Plano, TX
Software Quality Assurance (QA) Manager
- Establish and manage onshore and offshore teams responsible for implementing and supporting new development and testing processes.
- Lead technical development and support initiatives to improve QA operations; drive product improvement initiatives on enterprise software product solutions to achieve enhanced system quality.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business and technical personnel to identify software testing requirements, develop testing strategies, and direct efforts to translate business needs into stable, supportable software testing platforms.
- Plan and implement test cases and environments, performing unit testing, regression testing, and UAT testing, ensuring that all QA processes aligned with business needs.
- Coordinate responsive and effective support of hardware and software resources; assist users with technical inquiries, complaints, and feedback.
- Provide post-implementation application support; analyze and resolve software operation issues in live production environments.
- Planned and implemented Test Automation to improve the quality and also the predictability of test execution time.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Software QA Lead
- Worked with end users, product owners, developers, and other stakeholders to ensure that QA processes were planned and completed according to operational and technical needs.
- Managed onshore and offshore technical teams responsible for the development and administration of QA processes and testing environments.
- Wrote functional test scenarios and test cases based on documented QA requirements.
- Planned and completed test cases throughout all system test and integration test phases.
- Established and implemented test plans, conducted performance testing with Visual Studio Suite of Tools, managed test activities, and coordinated User Acceptance Testing with end users.
- Implemented processes to mitigate ambiguities in requirements, conducting requirements quality control prior to beginning development processes.
Confidential, Redmond, WA
Software Design Engineer & Test Engineer
- Led the timely and accurate completion of business requirements documentation and systems integration testing processes.
- Created new tools and processes to drive improvements in system testing and integration processes, including implementing a tracking process of metrics for system integration, and advanced test metric reports to QA management personnel.
- Developed solutions to automate test cases, designed an automated test metrics reporting system, and implemented a tool to ensure security compliance of software releases.
- Reviewed business requirements and functional specifications. and identified gaps to ensure the integrity of QA testing processes.
- Planned and implemented testing effort for quarterly releases of multiple release management tools.
- Implemented and managed Mercury Test Director for Test Case Management.
- Participated in Confidential -Siebel Alliance Team responsible for Siebel compatibility with Confidential SQL Server.
- Responsible for testing many Confidential products while implementing them in internal IT Application to be used as showcase applications