QA Engineer/Mobile Tester/UAT Analyst with hands - on experience throughout the phases of SDLC & STLC in intensive Agile/Scrum/Iterative/XP, and Waterfall/Iterative environments. I’m currently seeking for a new challenging position as QA/Manual/UAT Tester/Analyst to better apply my years of expertise.
- 8 years of diversified experience in QA in Client-Server, Web Applications using Manual testing Techniques and Device Testing emphasis on Functional, System, Integration, Regression Testing.
- Experience in various domains like Property & Casualty Insurance, Retails/eCommerce, Telecom, Banking / Financial, Healthcare etc.
- Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) experiences include Test Planning, Test Analysis, Test Design, Construction and Verification, Testing Cycles, Final Testing, Implementation and Post Implementation.
- Test Design: Extensive experience in drafting Test Flows, Test Plans, Test Strategies, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts, Test Specifications, Test Summaries, Test Procedures, Test Cases, Use Cases and Test Status Reports.
- Test Management tools: Used Test Director, Quality Center for management of test plan, test design, test execution and defect log phase.
- Database Testing: Proficient in writing SQL queries to perform data driven tests and involved in front-end and back-end testing.
- Developed SQL queries in SQL Server & Oracle databases to conduct DB testing.
- Experience with Mobile application testing - Iphone, Android, Blackberry
- Experience with Mobile application testing - iPhone, Android, Blackberry and feature phones using Simulator "Device anywhere" “Perfecto”.
- Expertise in working with various mobile devices such as Android, Blackberry, IPhone, tablets to perform browser compatibility and configuration testing.
- Expert knowledge of FULL Trade Life cycle of Stock brokerage firm
- Understanding of complete Front office, Middle office, Back office, settlements and investment support Trade Flow to create business flow Use Cases.
- Expertise in Content Management Testing (CMS) and Omniture Testing
- Experience in XML files validation in POS.
- Experience in Credit card processing while performing different checkouts on webstore
- Expertise in Quality Center to execute and manage test scripts, test plan and defects.
- Complete understanding of test strategy-offshore/automation test strategy, expertise in developing Test Plans and Test Cases based upon the business requirements.
- Strong XML generation and manipulation skills. Have strong experience in executing, analyzing and updating XML files in B2B for Marketplace projects.
- Expertise and experience in testing on JDA/AS 400 (Supply Chain Management).
- Strong experience in GUI Testing, Functional, Regression, Integration, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and UsableNet testing for mobile devices.
Operating Systems: LINUX, UNIX, Windows, Android, Blackberry OS, IOS
Mobile Operating Systems: Windows mobile, Palm OS, Android, IOS, Blackberry OS
Database: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access, DB2, Teradata
Testing Tools: UFT/QTP, LoadRunner, ALM/Quality Center, Test Director, SOAP UI, Jira, Visual Source Safe, Visual Intercept, Rational Clear Case, Clear Quest, Visio, Rational Robot, Rational test Manager, TFS, Visual Studio Test Professional 2010 (VSTS), Microsoft Test Manager 2010 (MTM), Requisite Pro, Serena TeamTrack
Mobile Devices: Iphone, Ipad, HTC, Samsung android devices, Blackberry, Windows phone
Other Application Servers: WCF,API, Web Logic, IBM Web Sphere, i2, SharePoint, API, XML, Solaris, Linux, Web services, e Commerce, legacy, AS400, J2ME based mobile devices, AS 400, etc.
Confidential, LORAIN, OH
SR. QA ANALYST/MOBILE TESTER
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases to test the Screens and workflows for Quality Assurance.
- Expert in writing test scripts manually.
- Created and managed system testing schedule
- Provided test team status reports on weekly basis to the project manager.
- Tested manually as per the specification documents.
- Involved in preparing the Automation Design document, identifying the test cases to be automated for Regression Testing using UFT/QTP.
- Comprehensive experience with agile testing process using SCRUM.
- Conduct Agile Scrum meetings to discuss project progress and plan
- Preparation of Requirements Document, AGILE Story cards, etc.
- Performed Functionality testing during the various phases of the application and analyzed the results using UFT/QTP.
- Involved in Device Testing - Android- Samsung Tab Galaxy 10.1, Asus and Vizio, iOS- iPAD, iPhone and Nexus.
- Designed and maintained test cases manually in excel spreadsheet and stored them on SharePoint for tracking purposes.
- Investigated software bugs and interacted with Dev team to resolve bug issues using TFS
- Effectively involve in logging bugs, reviewing solved bugs and analyzing test result using TFS
- Import test cases from excel/word to Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation server
- Performed data driven testing and parameterization using UFT/QTP.
- Involved in creating output values using UFT/QTP.
- Experience in user accepting testing and UI testing for Android Mobile applications
- Reviewed extensive SQL Queries with complex multi-table joins and nested queries.
- Involved in reviewing complex SQL queries, views, functions and stored procedures and spotting issues before/during code migration.
- Created and maintained SQL Scripts and Unix Shell scripts to perform back-end testing on the oracle database.
- Performed Database testing using SQL queries
- Created and executed scripts manually for Functionality testing
- Executed test cases through ALM/Quality Center and reported defects in QC.
- Conducted GUI, Backend, Data Driven and Security Testing.
- Conducted regression testing on new builds/versions.
- Developed and executed test cases test Scenarios and followed-up defects using ALM/Quality Center.
Environment: .NET, SQL, Agile Methodology, Internet Explorer 8.x, Oracle, Hp ALM ALM/Quality Center 11.00, J2EE, Power Point, MS Project, ALM/Quality Center, SQL, ATG Dynamo, ATG Commerce, E-commerce, XML, Windows, NICE, UNIX,IVR and TOAD, Android, iOS, Device-Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Vizio, iPAD, iPhone
Confidential, RALEIGH, NC
- Participating in the requirements analysis and design meetings with DEV, BIZ team for Review and facilitate in requirement freezing.
- Planning all the testing activities (Test Planning, Test Estimation and scheduling of QA activities, Test Strategy, Test Case Design, Requirements Traceability matrix, Review, execution and Reports)
- Tested the UI of the end product on mobile, PC, Android and Apple platforms to ensure that language translation and currency conversions were displaying as required
- Requested different versions of iOS, Android and Blackberry mobile devices
- Worked on a E-Commerce Web-based application accessed by potential customers for all the different offerings
- Worked with java based applications and C++ simultaneously: iOS and Android
- Planning and execution of Installation Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, usability testing, Compatibility Testing, Performance Testing and security testing.
- Executing the test cases (manual and automated) and reporting the bugs in Mingle and QC/ALM.
- Mentoring and Monitoring the QA Team, troubleshooting any technical problems.
- Performed browser compatibility and configuration testing on various operating systems such as Blackberry OS, Android OS, iOS etc.
- Web services Testing by SOAP UI tool
- Used SOAP UI for XML based Web Methods testing
- Modified and Edited the XML to validate the SOAP UI Services.
- Collaborating with development team and project managers in test execution and communicating all the issues.
- Generating project status reports/metrics and updating project plans and Tracking them.
- Coordinating and leading the reviews and inspections and follow up on ongoing test activities.
- Conducting QA status/Defect triage conference calls with US clients and reporting the status to QA Manager.
- Providing regular feedback/status on development and projects to Project Manager.
- Involving in interviewing the new candidates for the project and providing training and mentoring support on all QA activities.
- Publishing the application in production for all platforms (Android, BlackBerry).
Environment: Oracle 10G, Java, Asp.net, ALM/Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, HTML, UNIX, Web logic, Emulator like Device Anywhere, perfecto mobile, Android SDK, Windows Mobile SDK, IOS, Blackberry OS, Android OS
Confidential, CHICAGO, IL
SR QA ENGINEER
- Responsible for coordinating the manual QC and automation QTP to end-to-end and UAT testing efforts for new release testing.
- Responsible for compliance to standards and tools for unit, component and system integration level test results, defect management, and test status reporting.
- Report and maintain product release statistics
- Establish regression execution patterns and schedule.
- Works with offshore team and provides effective solutions to work with offshore teams to enable multiple shifts for regression testing.
- Create effective solutions for regression Test artifact reviews
- Plans, manages strategic and tactical aspects of regression and manages multiple Releases effectively.
- Facilitate team status/checkpoint meetings as necessary
- Assist Test Manager and Planner with resource forecasts and estimates
- Assist in early life support of the Releases.
- Worked closely with development and business team to understand requirements and business process and defined issue resolution with functional and technical teams.
- Involved in scheduling and participation of weekly status, requirement analysis, functional specification (functional and technical teams) reviews meetings.
- Functionally validated Web Services delivered in SOAP XML format as provided in specification document
- Involved in peer review and group reviews of the test scripts developed by test team as per the Coding standards to test asset quality. Decisions within defined to do policies and practices.
- Ensured on time test deliverables as per schedule by generating defect Status reports test status reports at the end of each Functional, System and Integration test phases.
- Created and maintained System and Automation Test plans. Performed Functional Negative, Regression, System Integration testing.
- Involved in Coordinating testing team at offshore and onsite for test design, construct test scenarios, and execute tests to plan accordingly.
- Used QC for designed and developed test plans, scripts, and tools using the detailed business requirements document provided by the work streams.
Environment: SQL, Agile Methodology, Internet Explorer 8.x, Oracle, J2EE, Power Point, MS Project, Quality Center, QTP,SQL and E-commerce.
Confidential, NEW ALBANY, OH
TEST ENGINEER/UAT TESTER
- Performed Functional, System, Security, and Regression & User Interface testing of software applications.
- Work in Agile, scrum, and sprint environment in order to change the requirements and features set.
- Interacted with the Business Users and BA to determine and review BRDs, SRSs, and FRDs.
- Created Detailed Test Plan, Test Approach, Test Strategy documents based on the information gathered through business requirements and design/application walkthroughs.
- Created and maintained detailed test cases to perform various types of testing in Test Plan module of Quality Center.
- Used Test Lab module of Quality Center to perform test execution activities by creating various test sets.
- Utilized Defect module of Quality Center for Defect Management.
- Created and executed test plans and scripts to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements.
- Documented and reported defects within established process and tracking systems using Quality Center.
- Performed Backend testing using SQL queries against Oracle database to perform data validation, to check data integrity etc.
- Involved in the discussions of Defect Tracking Process and Updated Work Progress in Excel Sheets.
- Wrote and maintained test documents; converting documents to soft version maintained by the customer.
- Carried out GUI, Functionality, Integration and Regression testing using Quality Center.
- Performed rigorous manual testing such Functional Testing, Smoke testing, Integration testing, UAT Testing, Backend Testing, Regression Testing, End to End Testing and System Testing
- Performed Data Driven Testing using Quick Test Pro.
- Worked with business users, business analysts and SMEs to understand different critical business processes.
- Facilitated defect mgmt. meetings and test execution status meetings.
- Identified, analyzed, and documented defects, errors, and inconsistencies in the application using Quality Center.
- Created and Maintained Test Matrix and Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Extensively utilized Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab and Defects Modules of Quality Center during STLC.
- Coordinated with the developers on Defects Status on a regular basis.
- Participate in various meeting and discussed Enhancement and Modification request.
Environment: Windows, Quality Center, SQL, QTP, Web logic, UNIX, Oracle
Confidential, GREENWOOD VILLAGE, CO
- Responsible for Post Conversion and POS (Point of Sale) to ensure data is mapped correctly according to system requirements
- Responsible for coordinating the manual end-to-end, backend and UAT testing efforts for new release testing in quality center.
- Documented and tracked test scripts, test results, test analysis, and reported the defects using Quality Center and assisted the higher levels of management in analysis of risks and issues in project releases.
- Create Test scenarios, Test Plans and Test cases.
- Prepared the Test Status Reports on daily and weekly basis.
- Performed different tests like Function, System, Regression and backend Database testing.
- Maintained good communication with the Onsite and Offshore team members.
- Run the SQL queries to fetch test data and backend (database) testing to validate the data using TOAD tool
- Maintaining Traceability Matrix between the functional requirements and the test scripts developed and application theories and new concepts.
- Report the defects to development team and re-verify the defects when it's fixed, also need to update the status in HP Quality Center.
- Performed Test Case Review, Execution and walk troughs.
- Prepared test plans, Design and preparation of test data scripts for testing POS and E-commerce application.
- Interacted with the business users, prepared test plans, including testing overview, testing approach, testing strategy, roles, and responsibilities and Monitoring and reporting the performance and effectiveness of QA Activities, writing and reviewing and closing defects
Environment: TOAD, Windows XP, HP Quality Center, QTP, XML, Html, Java Script, SQL
Confidential, UNION, CA
SOA TESTER/ WEB SERVICES TESTER
- Executed test case for all HR processes and services including iViews, pages, work sets and roles
- Documented Test cases corresponding to business Requirement document and other negative conditions.
- Involved in Developing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Data.
- Performed End-to-End testing manually.
- Responsible for GUI Testing, API Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Tested the backend database (Oracle/DB2) using SQL queries.
- Worked with XML/SOAP UI (web services)
- Extensively used Groovy scripting for Soap UI frame works in API testing.
- Developed automation test scripts in Groovy Script for Smoke testing of the application using SOAP UI.
- Extensively testing the application with multiple inputs using Data Driven framework. using QTP.
- Communicated defects encountered during regression test and follow up with developers until all issues were resolved
- Created the complex SQL queries to fetch data from the multiple tables based on the Test cases.
- Tested Western union CST tool
- Responsible in providing regular test reports to the management.
- Reported the defects to the developers using Jira defect reporting tool.
- Investigate software defects and interact with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Responsible for test data preparation for the system/integration testing, traceability matrix to ensure the test case coverage and defect logging.
- Participated in defect review meetings with the team members.
Environment: .NET, SQL, Agile Methodology, Web Logic,API, Internet Explorer 6.x, Oracle, PVCS, J2EE, TLG, Enabler, Power Point, MS Project, Quality Center,WCF,ASP.NET, XML, Windows XP, UNIX,IVR and TOAD
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Involved in complete software testing lifecycle (Requirement Analysis, Test Planning, Test Cases and Scripts Development, Test Execution, Test Reporting, Test Result Analysis, Defect tracking, Test Closure).
- Analyzed business requirement documents, functional requirement documents, Use cases, Use case diagrams.
- Documented test plan, including test strategies, test cases and schedules in Quality Center.
- Worked closely with developers and business analysts to formulate test plans, test strategies and test cases in the pre-testing phase for Smoke testing, Functional testing, System testing, Regression testing and Data driven testing using QTP.
- Customized test cases and schedules for Credit Card Online application
- Queried the Mainframe ETL Target DB2 database to verify the data consistency based on ETL Business Rules.
- Responsible for Testing Web Services requests using SOAPUI
- Performed GUI Testing on web and mobile applications.
- Used data driven testing features to provide data values to the variables in a script.
- Performed manual testing and automation testing of the web application.
- Responsible for performing Smoke tests and supporting Trade flow applications and systems, which involve Financial Instruments like Securities, Fixed Income, Equities, FX, Money Market, Derivatives and its sub-types
- Performed system and integration testing on Trader Application, where traders can enter, monitor, manage & optimize orders in listed and over-the-counter individual equities/stocks, equity/stock options and Fixed Income securities. Also validated Traders ability to identify news or price-driven trading opportunities.
- Wrote extensive scripts to perform smoke tests for verification of weekly builds.
- Performed various types of testing like Smoke testing, Functional, Integration, System, Regression, Data driven testing, usability testing.
- Involved in testing mobile Banking Module for "Find Locations", "check accounts" and "pay bills" on iOS, Android and BlackBerry operating system.
- Performed compatibility testing, interruption testing, and network testing for stability of mobile app.
- Used TOAD for writing SQL queries for validating, retrieving and comparing the data.
- Designed and developed SQL queries to test back end.
- Performed cross-browser testing to verify if the application provides accurate information in different (IE, Firefox, Safari) browsers
- Maintained Quality Center defect-tracking tool, including submitting and assigning defects to the application developers along with the release of defect aging reports.
- Verified Tracked and Reported defects and classified based on Severity and Priority.
- Collected and analyzed test metrics and subsequently submitted reports to track the status and progress of the testing effort.
- Interacted with the Project Manger to provide estimates for different phases in the projects and also interacted with the client team to convey the progress
Environment: QTP, SOAP, Oracle, Quality Center, Mozilla, IE, Windows 7/XP, PVCS, Citrix, C#.Net, MS-Office, Java, J2EE, Servlet, ASP, Linux XML, MS-Project, Web sphere, Web Logic, VB script, TOAD
Confidential, BLUE BELL, PA
QA ANALYST/UAT SUPPORT
- Responsible for coordinating the manual end-to-end and UAT testing efforts for new release testing, environment and calendar set-up, planning, and coordination with other ET/QC groups for all applications that interacted with CPC, Siebel v7.5, and POS applications.
- Formulated detailed Test Plan, Test Cases and Testing Procedures, which included Test Cases/Scripts, capturing Test Results and capturing and resolving Test Anomalies.
- Responsible for Manual Testing and Automation Testing.
- Performed configuration/ compatibility and user interface testing manually.
- Automated test scenarios for GUI, Functionality and performed data driven testing on the application inserting different data in excel sheet using QTP
- Have experience designing and writing training manual templates, design formatting, and project planning and writing technical documents.
- Executed automated test scripts as batch tests, analyzed the results and reported the bugs in Quality center
- Performed Data driven testing, designed Input/output check points to validate the data and develop effective Automated Scripts.
- Enhanced QTP scripts by inserting Standard Checkpoints, XML Checkpoints, Database Checkpoints, Table Checkpoints and Page Checkpoints.
- Performed Business Process Testing using BPT module of Quality Center and QTP.
- Conducted GUI/Usability Testing and Black Box Testing according to specifications.
- Involved in writing complex SQL queries to check the data integrity
- Performed Smoke and Sanity testing.
- Performed Positive and Negative Testing
- Performed Security testing and Backend testing Manually.
- Participated in conducting System testing and End to End testing manually.
- Extensive UAT Testing Manually.
- Performed Usability and Integration testing Manually.
- Used Test Director for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Documented bugs found out during the process of testing.
Environment: TestDirector, Quality center, QTP, WinRunner, UNIX, Oracle, HTML, TOAD, SharePoint, MS Virtual Rooms.