- A highly competent and result oriented Senior QA Analyst with over 7 years of experience in Architecture, design and development of software test automation solutions as an Automation and Manual tester. Skillful at different programming and testing technologies using automation tools such as Selenium , Cucumber, SoapUI & current QA methodologies . Experienced in various domains like Taxing, Health Care, Insurance and Banking.
- Expertise in different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) including Agile Methodology/SCRUM and Waterfall methodologies.
- Good experience in writing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Automated scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experienced in unit testing, functional testing, user acceptance testing, integration testing, system testing, performance testing, sanity testing, exception testing, compatibility testing & security testing of client/server and web - based applications.
- Worked extensively on Agile Projects and attended several scrum meetings such as Sprint Planning, Scrums, and Sprint Review meetings.
- Excellent knowledge and experienced in working with open source tools such as Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Grid), SoapUI, Cucumber, JUnit, JIRA and Eclipse.
- Automated regression test cases using TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, and scheduled the jobs using a continuous integration tool, Jenkins.
- Used testing frameworks like TestNG and created tests using different annotations like Before Suite, Before Class, etc.
- Experienced in using Accessing Forms, Tables, Link, Keyboard Mouse Events, and Uploading File using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed and execute parallel runs for multiple browser testing using Selenium IDE and TestNG for the same framework.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing.
- Experienced in handling Alerts and Popups in Selenium WebDriver.
- Expertise in using different web-debugging tools like Firebug and Fire Path for finding elements.
- Developed scripts to navigate to various frames and to handle multiple windows and performed operations on the web elements.
- Experienced in handling the issues of Synchronization in Selenium WebDriver using waits such as Implicit wait, Explicit wait and Fluent wait.
- Expert in finding elements using Xpath starts-with, text and contains attributes and using locators like ID, Name, Link Text, Partial Link text, Xpath, Cssselector and DOM.
- Implemented different automation frameworks like Data-Driven Framework, Keyword-Driven Framework, Hybrid Framework, Behavior Driven Development Framework/Acceptance Test-Driven Development Framework (BDD/ATDD), and Page Object Model design pattern.
- Performed Continuous Integration (CI) using Jenkins for scheduling the jobs using Jenkins, GIT, TestNG and Maven.
- Experienced in working on databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, My SQL, JDBC connectors.
- Performed Cross-Browser and Compatibility testing to test web applications, working as per the requirements in various browsers and different environments.
- Experienced in working with Defect Management tools like JIRA, HP ALM/Quality Center, & Rally.
- Proficient in working knowledge of Core Java and Object Oriented Concepts (Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading and Collections).
- Extensive experience on SOAP and RESTFUL web services testing using SOAP UI tool.
- Immense knowledge in writing automation scripts using Behavior Driven Development ( BDD) Cucumber, Gherkin, Features, Scenarios, Scenario Outlines, Steps, and Step Definitions and writing step definitions for its behavior.
- Used Apache POI/JXL in the process of reading data from external sources like excel to feed locators into the test script.
- Skilled in reading and writing data from excel files using Apache POI.
- Hands on experience in using build and project management such as Maven, Ant and configuration management tools like SVN, GIT to maintain the selenium and java test source code and resources.
- Dynamic team player with an inclination towards growth and improvement of the project and its implementation.
- Excellent analytical and good communication skills with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision and also a committed team player.
Project Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall.
Automation Testing Tools: Eclipse, Selenium (WebDriver, RC, IDE, Grid), TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI, Rally, Quality Center.
Frameworks: Cucumber, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model.
Utilities: Eclipse, GIT, SVN, Firebug, Fire Path and Toad.
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP ALM & Quality Center, Rally.
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML, XPath, CssSelector.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/2008/10, Mac OS.
Programming tools/Languages: C, UNIX shell scripting, Groovy, Java Scripts, SQL, Python.
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari.
MS Office Tools: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
Confidential , Houston, TX
Software Quality Analyst
- Worked on requirement traceability matrix and specification documents based on the requirements given by product owner.
- Developed the Test Plan and test strategy documents for the entire project based on time lines.
- Executed test cases using Zephyr for JIRA, created test cycles on the basis of sprints to execute the tests.
- Performed python Test using python Plugins.
- Validate backend data to perform database testing using SQL Queries.
- Prepared the test cases from the detailed design document through Java during Manual testing.
- Developed automation test scripts with test studio using both record & play back and C#.
- Validated http codes for REST APIs using POSTMAN and verifying web services’ response using SOAP UI tool.
- Written integration tests and unit tests in Python.
- Python pytest test cases are a series of functions used in this project.
- Handled the framework in GIT version control with Source tree.
- Tested the application amongst several browsers and operating systems such as Windows and MAC OS.
- Scheduled deployments to QA, Staging when required.
- Validation of all the environments performing testing such as End to End, Integration, and Functional.
- Used JIRA as the tool for bug tracking, sprint management and Planning efforts.
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Assessed & analyzed user stories in Agile and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, analyzed Test Results.
- Implemented Data Driven Model automation framework with Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Firebug, Fire Path to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CssSelector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the tab menu using Selenium Actions Buil der, Mouse Hover and Synchronization.
- Performed API testing using automation and verified import data and provider calls using Postman.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Wrote selenium automation test scripts to test web applications and the flow of the functionality on the web.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing) using Selenium Screenshots.
- Written integration tests and unit tests in Python.
- Involved in on-calls during tax peak period and monitored issues using Splunk.
- Deployed builds in various environments such as QA, E2E and Perf.
- Python test cases are a series of functions used in this project.
- Verified logs using log manager tool Splunk and debug accordingly.
- Implemented waits to overcome the issue of Synchronization using implicit wait and explicit wait.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the tab menu using Selenium Actions interface, mouse hover, and synchronization.
- Used Parameters, Data Provider TestNG annotations to perform regression and functional testing.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Involved in grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites using TestNG annotations.
- Involved in developing of data driven framework to test the web application and used Maven build tool to implement the framework dependency jar files.
- Involved in Code/design review, code jam sessions, and conducting status calls.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from SQL Server.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and Restful Web Services using SoapUI Tool.
- Automated web services testing using SoapUI and performed Restful web services testing using get, post, put, and delete methods.
- Wrote Scenarios, Scenario outlines and step definitions using Gherkin in Cucumber for BDD.
- Used Hybrid/Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Stored the flow details of Selenium Automation in a file using Log4j.
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the SVN source control repository tool.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Performed continuous integration of code and scripts using Jenkins. Configured and launched builds using Jenkins jobs and analyzed the Test Results from Jenkins UI.
- Worked with developers to update the defects, resolve them and track their status using JIRA.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Apache POI, Cucumber, TestNG, SoapUI, Jenkins, JIRA, Postman, Splunk, SQL Server, Log4j, SVN, JSON, Maven, Gherkin, XML, XPATH, DOM, Eclipse, Agile, Oracle.
Sr. QA, Charlotte, NC
- Analyze user stories, Business requirements, Functional Requirements and participated in Sprint planning, Scrum, and Retrospective meetings.
- Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, and Maven.
- Recognized and classified overall plan for Test Scope, Test Strategy High-level Document, and Test Data within the context area of each sprint.
- Prepared and analyzed test cases for positive and negative test scenarios as required in the user stories.
- Extensively automated regression and functional test suites by developing test cases, and test suites using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, and JUnit.
- Implemented TestNG testing framework for the smoke and Regression test.
- Used FireBug, FirePath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CssSelector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes, and Tags.
- Implemented waits to overcome the issue of Synchronization using implicit and Explicit waits.
- Automated Test scripts in Headless Browsers like HTML UnitDriver and Phantomjs using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used AutoIt and Robot API tools in automation for mouse movements, key strokes, window control manipulations and print popups in Selenium WebDriver.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the tab menu using Selenium Actions interface mouse hover, and synchronization.
- Handled SSL errors using DesiredCapabilities in selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Cross and Parallel Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome and Firefox where multiple states can be executed at the same time.
- Application Screenshots are captured and the images were saved whenever an exception occurs and also at any checkpoint while execution.
- Used TestNG in Selenium WebDriver for grouping of test methods to execute them using parallel.
- Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts like scripts, functions, scenarios and processes using Selenium, Cucumber, and TestNG.
- The Test Cases were configured to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data Provider Annotation.
- In Hybrid/Data Driven Framework, the Test Suites, Test Cases & Test Data Sets were configured to perform or skip the execution and wrote the test results Passed/Failed/Skipped to the output files.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven.
- Developed BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios, and Step Definitions.
- Web applications are tested using SoapUI.
Environment: Java, Selenium, TestNG, XPath, Firebug, Eclipse, Apache POI, Hybrid/Data Driven Framework, Oracle, XML, HTML, Cucumber, SoapUI, Maven, and Jenkins.
Confidential, Lewisville, TX
Senior Quality Analyst
- Understanding business requirements gathered from BA’s and SME’s.
- Participated in identifying the Test scenarios and designing the Test cases.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) with Data Driven Framework using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkin format.
- Understanding requirement and developing end to end automation test scripts using selenium WebDriver with TestNG framework.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java.
- Used Ant build and management tool to implement the framework dependency jar files.
- Identifying the web elements easily by id, name, CSSelector, Xpath, className, linkText, partialLinkText, tagName using the firebug and FirePath.
- Saved remarkable time and cost of testing by automation using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Cucumber.
- Implemented Implicit and Explicit waits to overcome synchronization issues.
- Used updated extent reports dependencies to generate more pictorial reports.
- Updated Framework functions when needed, executed them and generated reports.
- Reviewed Test Reports and Prepared Test Summary Report.
- Performed Smoke, End to End and Regression tests in Test environment and Production support environment.
- Performed cross browser testing in different browsers and operating system using selenium grid.
- Handled broken links and inter application links in development test and production environments using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used JIRA as a test Management tool and also as a bug reporting tool to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Configured TestNG to get reports using Ilistener in selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented the mouse and keyboard events using the Actions class.
- Used JXL to read and write data from Excel sheets and testing the test scenarios.
- Provide Daily and Weekly Status Reports on project.
- Involved in Developing and creating detailed test plans and test cases for the system covering design document, reviewing them with the developers and finalizing the test cases.
- Involved in Backend Testing.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Apache POI, Extent Reports, Cucumber, Eclipse, Windows, Oracle, Maven, SQL, JIRA
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium using Java programming language.
- Analyzed system requirement and business requirement documents and developed test cases and test scripts.
- Used SQL commands to validate the database and test its integration with the front end.
- Execution of manual test cases and responsible to track and log the defects.
- Preformed GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Performed cross browser testing using TestNG on different browsers like Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari etc.
- Developed HTML TestNG reports to analyze the output of the texts that were automated using ExtentReports API.
- Implemented WebDriver scripts to navigate easily from browser to window.
- Performed Integration, System, User Acceptance Testing and Usability Testing.
- Developed SQL scripts to connect to the database and interact with the data.
- Gained extensive knowledge in Child Welfare applications and Child Support Policy to support the team in building rigorous and thorough tests.
- Good Knowledge of working with Selenium and creating automated scripts and successfully able to modify those script in the Selenium.
- Involved in creating test metrics and prepared reports on defects and conducted defect meetings with the whole project team.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Java, Eclipse, SOAPUI, SQL Server, Quality center, Maven, TestNG, Jenkins, MS Excel.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Software Tes t Engineer
- Involved in deriving the Test Scenarios, preparing the Test cases for every module to test its functionality using both Positive and Negative testing.
- Analyzed Test cases and Test Scenarios based on the Requirements.
- Created and executed the test cases with step by step procedure and expected results and maintained the test logs, test reports, test issues using Quality center .
- Tracked bugs using a bug-tracking system, Quality center which had also helped in communicating the teammates.
- Actively participated in meetings with business groups to update the project related details.
- Participated in enhancement meetings and was also responsible for weekly status updates, troubleshoot new releases and production issues.
- Worked on System testing, User acceptance testing for a responsive design of the interface.
- Involved in various phases of SDLC such as Design, Development and Testing.
Environment: Manual Testing, Waterfall, Quality center, MS Excel.