- 11+ years of Overall IT experience with 8+ years of extensive experience in automation and performance testing.
- Expertise in using automation tools like LoadRunner, JMeter Performance Center, HP ALM/ Quality Cen - tre, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Java Cucumber, SOAPUI, Appium for scripting and running tests.
- Hands on experience in all phases of Project Development Life Cycle and Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) right from Inception, Transformation to Execution which include Design, Development, and Implementation.
- Extensive experience with baseline, benchmark, load, stress, endurance, Functional, Integration, Regres-sion, Black Box, White Box, Manual, Unit, GUI, System, API, End to End testing.
- Expertise in object oriented programming language like Java, C, and Python Programming.
- Created performance test scripts for different Protocols like Web Http/Html, Ajax TruClient, .NeT, Web
- Services SOAP, Restful, FLEX, Click & Script, RTE, RDP, Java Vuser, Oracle(2- Tier), Sybase CTlib (Database), Sybase Dblib (Database), Multi Protocols etc.
- Proficient in implementing and designing automation frameworks Page Object Model, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, TestNG, BDD and Hybrid Frameworks.
- Used various monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Splunk, HP Sitescope, HP Diagnostics, Wily Introscope, Grafana, Apache Ambari to identify Performance Bottlenecks, Root cause and Server Configuration problems.
- Expertise in Automated Testing in different testing methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Waterfall etc.
- Advised clients on Performance tuning and capacity planning on multi-tier architecture
- Experience in running the Performance tests in HP’s Performance Center, standalone Controller and JMe-ter.
- Experience in Web Services testing using Ready API for both Automation and Manual Testing Rest API.
- Experience with Java, J2EE, Tomcat, JSON, XML, SOAP and RESTful web service framework.
- Bug Reporting or Defect tracking using HP Quality Center and JIRA.
- Ability to develop selenium automation framework using TestNG and developing ANT/Maven targets to execute automation suites.
- Experience in performance testing and monitoring of Hadoop components.
- Proficient with Eclipse and IntelliJ IDE.
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Cleaning, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch.
- Involved in Continuous Integration and continuous development testing using Selenium grid and Jenkins.
- Involved in Defect review meetings with the development team and testing team for the resolution of the defects.
- Expertise in Parameterization, Correlation and configuring Run time Settings in HP Loadrunner controller. Monitoring system resources such as CPU Usage, Memory Usage, Heap Usage, VM Stat, I/O Stat.
- Vast experience in using SQL for validation of test data on the database.
- Good written, communication, interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical mind bent to problem solving and delivering solutions.
Languages: C, C++, Java, Java Script, XML, HTML., Python, SQL, VBScript, UNIX Shell Scripting
Operating Systems.: Windows, UNIX/LINUX, MAC, Sun Solaris, Mainframe MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, DB2
Web Servers: Tomcat, Apache, IIS, Websphere, AS400
Tools: Dreamweaver, Flash, Crystal Reports
Testing Tools: Loadunner, JMeter, WinRunner,Test Director, Track Record, Java Cucumber, SOAPUI, Jenkins Rational Test Suite, Test Manager, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Clear Quest, HP QC, HP PC
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Develop Master Test Plan, which includes entire Testing Plan, Testing Resources, Testing Strategy and testing of end-to-end scenarios.
- Extensively use JMeter for developing and updating Web service Scripts both SOAP and REST.
- Enhance JMeter scripts by adding c onfiguration elements, timers, controllers, listeners etc in the script.
- Implement Parameterization and C orrelation in JMeter script.
- Developed Page object Model design Selenium framework on TestNG Platform using Eclipse(Java).
- Performed Cross Browser Automation using Selenium GRID with Sauce Labs Cloud Integration.
- Execute Load, Stress and Endurance tests using JMeter and Performance Test Framework.
- Develop and execute Hive SQL commands to verify test results in Hadoop database.
- Adding app and machine agents for different servers in AppDynamics to capture server metrics like CPU us-age, Memory usage, heap usage, calls/min, errors/min etc of servers for performance monitoring.
- Setup AppDynamics Dashboard for different servers to view graphs for server metrics.
- Verify the SOAP message delivery to the web services and verified the XML formatted response using SOAPUI.
- Use Spunk to capture response time Confidential different components of application during end to end test for perfor-mance analysis and tuning.
- Used Build Management tool Maven in the framework for batch triggering of Test cases.
- Experience in Web Services testing using Postman and Ready API for both Automation and Manual Testing Rest API.
- Responsible for collecting the frequency of JVM Heap and Garbage Collection..
- Debug existing java and python programs and applications.
- Monitor metrics like Lag, Messages, Bytes In/Out, Log End Offset for Apache Hadoop components dur-ing load test using Grafana.
- Analyze Test using Summary Analysis, Average Transaction Response Time, Hits/ sec Throughput, Resource utilizations, Network delay and HTTP Codes and make recommendations for bottlenecks.
- Raise issues in Jira for defect tracking and work with developers, business team to analyze and resolve defects.
- Capture Java threads and exceptions in the application logs for the analysis.
- Create detailed test status reports, performance capacity reports, web trend analysis reports, and graphical charts for upper management.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple groups to determine, gather and verify functional and non-functional test needs and create Test plan.
- Developed Selenium WebDriver Framework in JAVA with PageObjects design pattern using PageFactory, Maven as build automation tool and Cucumber-JVM (BDD) as testing framework.
- Created and executed automated test scripts in Java using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using Selenium TestNG framework.
- Worked closely with Software Developers to isolate, track, debug and troubleshoot defects.
- Used Apache POI to read and write data in Excel sheet.
- Analyzed, interpreted, and summarized relevant results in a complete Performance Test Report using perfor-mance center.
- Extensively used LoadRunner for developing Web Http/ Html, Web services, RTE and Database protocol Scripts.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins .
- Executed Baseline, Benchmark, Load, Stress and Endurance Testing using Performance Center.
- Customized LoadRunner scripts in C language such as String manipulation and using C libraries for the Load-Runner Scripts.
- Experience in Web Services testing using Postman and Ready API for both Automation and Manual Testing Rest API.
- Carried out Stress test for specific transactions by introducing rendezvous points in the script.
- Extensively worked on performance monitoring and analyzed the response time, Memory leaks, hits/sec and throughput graphs and communicated bottlenecks to the system administrators and developers.
- Monitored Net Stat to check the connectivity Load Balance and network traffic in each of the JVM's by using Unix Shell scripting.
- Built reusable code and library in C, java for future use.
- Worked on Oracle, MS SQL Server, writing complex SQL queries & stored procedures and analyzing & perfor-mance optimization
- Monitored Metrics for application server, web server and database server using AppDynamics.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Involved in writing Performance Test Plan, which detailed the testing scope strategy, Hi-level test requirements, and necessary resources.
- Use HP Load Runner to design, develop and execute performance test conditions, scenarios, scripts, and per-formance test data through analysis of product specifications and software requirements.
- Designed multiple LoadRunner scripts (VuGen) with different protocols like Web(HTTP/ HTML), RTE, Oracle, Web services for load testing different applications.
- Designed the Manual and Goal oriented scenarios using LoadRunner Controller
- Enhance Loadrunner scripts by implementing C functions, correlation, parameterization, transaction points, rendezvous points and various LoadRunner functions..
- Setup server metrics for Introscope. Executed multi-user performance tests, used online monitors, real-time output messages and other features of the LoadRunner Controller in LoadRunner.
- Validated web services using JMeter and SOAPUI.
- Configured Run-time settings for VuGen, Controller and Performance Center.
- Coordinated with the application team and database team to prepare the test data and other prerequisites.
- Hands-on experience with performance test simulations, performance analysis, performance tuning, per- formance monitoring in a n-tier environment.
- Used and developed shell scripts for capturing server metrics and generating test data.
- Executed tests and report results according to testing standards and procedures.
Environment: HP LoadRunner, C, Performance Center, Selenium, SOAPUI, Jenkins, yourkit, strongloop, Shell Scripts, HP ALM/Quality Center, Unix, CA Introscope, Web Sphere, Shell, .Net, Java, J2EE Diagnostic tool, JVM, Oracle, SQL server,
Confidential, Fort Collins, CO
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed Automation Scripts for Regression using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds in the application using Selenium Web Driver.
- Conducted Cross browser testing in different browsers using Selenium.
- Configured Selenium GRID scripts on Virtual machines.
- Involved in Automation Infrastructure Development using Selenium.
- Understand performance requirements and risk assessments to ensure test designs, scripts and data support test-ing of the requirements.
- Executed JMeter Scripts from virtual machines for Web (Http/Html), and Web Services protocol.
- Executed Load Test, Stress Test, Spike and Endurance Test from JMeter.
- Added Web Logic, App server and Windows server metrics during performance testing by using Sitescope and captured CPU, Memory, Heap utilization, IN/OUT Traffic, Threads on servers for root cause analysis.
- Ability to performance heap and thread analysis, database deadlock detection, understand and detect resource contentions.
- Parameterized test scripts to send realistic data to the server and avoid data caching.
- Analyzed Test using Summary Analysis, Average Transaction Response Time, Throughput, Windows Resources, Network delay and HTTP Codes to find root cause of the issue.
QA Performance Tester
- Understand test plan and estimated resource requirements to support on-time delivery of test execution.
- Created scripts for Web (html/http), Web Services, SAP and Oracle NCA protocol in Loadrunner.
- Inserted Rendezvous points in the Vuser scripts and executed Vuser Scripts in various scenarios which were both goal oriented and manual using Load Runner.
- Parameterized Vuser Scripts to generate realistic load on the Server.
- Created Image and Text Verification checks in Vuser Scripts using LoadRunner Vuser generator.
- Extensively used Controller to perform and execute Baseline, Load, Endurance, and Stress test cycles.
- Analyzed Throughput Graph, Hits/Second graph, Transactions per second graph and Rendezvous graphs using LR Analysis tool.
- Configured and prepared proper performance monitoring tools and captured metrics using Introscope. Identified bottlenecks in Network, Database and Ap plication Servers.
- Generated Server Monitor statistics like CPU usage, Disk Usage, Memory, Thread Counts, Bytes/Sec etc.
- Used Oracle Sql profiler to trace the queries while execution of the scenarios.
- Used LR Analysis tool to view Load test results and drill down to identify possible bottlenecks.
- Identifies performance diagnostic and tuning activities using Loadrunner monitors.
- Compared and analyzed actual to expected results and reported all bugs to the development team.
- Generated graphs, session reports and other related documentation required for validation and analysis. Environment:Oracle RMS, Oracle RDM, Load Runner, Neoload 4.0, Performance Center, Quality Center, C, C++, Java, MS Excel, Sitescope, Web (HTTP/HTML), Oracle NCA, Oracle 2 tier, RTE, Oracle 10g & 6i.
Software Test Engineer
- Performed Functional, Integration, Regression and Usability Testing.
- Created Test Plan, which includes TestingResources, Testing Strategy and testing of end-to-end scenarios.
- Reviewed the Use Cases in Use Case document and converting into test scenarios and test cases test scripts.
- Executed manual test cases and logging of defects.
- Identification of environment specific Test data and created test data for validation testing.
- Updated test cases whenever new functionality gets added / changed.
- Prepared Test execution summary report.