- 5+ years of experience as automation engineer in Software Quality Assurance for web based application using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Cucumber, Maven, and Jenkins. Performed Manual Testing using Test Planning, Test Cases, Test Execution, Defect reporting, Test Status Reporting, Test Closure Activities. Diversified experience in Automation, Manual testing methodologies, serving various domains such as e - Commerce, Insurance and Banking.
- Experienced in preparing Test strategy, Test plan, Test methodology, Test scenarios, Test summary reports, Test cases and Test documents for both automated and manual testing based on User requirements, System requirement documents.
- Strong Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) including Waterfall, and Hybrid Agile (Scrum/Kanban) Methodologies by analyzing requirement specifications and responsible for developing Test Objective, Strategies, Scope, Test procedures and Test Matrices.
- Hands on Experience in Selenium Automation using Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, Java, TestNG and Cucumber framework, and Page Object Model design pattern.
- Experienced in using Maven build tools to provide the project structure, manage framework dependency jar files and integrating it with Continuous Integration tool.
- Performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts using Jenkins and triggered the Continuous Delivery process using Jenkins build jobs.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test methods for smoke, regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, and Regular Expressions.
- Experienced with Cross- Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments using Selenium Grid .
- Expertise in writing Enhancement Documents for the existing automation test suits .
- Well versed in configuring application framework by processing Excel spreadsheets using Apache POI and Database using JDBC.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber framework.
- Proficient in backend Testing using SQL Queries with MySQL.
- Experienced in Test management, Bug Tracking and Reporting using HP ALM and Jira .
- Expertise in working knowledge of Core Java and Object-Oriented Concepts.
- Maintained Selenium & JAVA automation code and resource in source controls GitHub, over the time for improvements and new features.
- Generated test logs using Log4 j for various log levels for the clients.
- Experienced in creating defect tracing matrixes like RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix) for debugging and for defect backward-tracing purposes.
- Dynamic and assertive team player with a strong inclination to improve and optimize process development and implementation.
- Experienced working with offshore team.
- Excellent communication skills and self-motivated person.
Test Approaches: Hybrid Agile processes, Waterfall, Incremental development process, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid
Test Build& Integration Tools: Git, Jenkins, Maven, TestRail
API Testing Tool: Postman, Rest Assured
Reporting tool: ExtentReport, Log4j
Frameworks: Hybrid, Test Driven, Behavioral Driven, Data Driven, TestNG, Cucumber, Junit
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML
IDE and Utilities: Eclipse, IntelliJ, GIT, Firebug, Fire Path
Browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8, Mac OS, Linux
Defect Tools: HP ALM, Jira
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Senior QA Analyst
- Involved in creating Test Plan and written Test Cases based on Business Requirements.
- Writing automation script in Hybrid Test Automation Framework using Java , Selenium WebDriver , TestNG, Page Object Model, Page factory, Apache POI under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Organized locators of webpage elements in Page Object Model and Pagefactory design pattern.
- Performed Smoke, End2End , Regression Testing and Re-Testing using Selenium WebDriver
- Used Maven project from scratch to have coding structure, dependencies and integration with continuous integration tool.
- Used Git repository for efficient remote team working, also stored the framework and all the developed test cases.
- Run regression suite using continuous Integration tool like Jenkins on nightly basis and during the deployment.
- Conducted GUI validations on navigation bar, textboxes, radio buttons, checkboxes, drop down lists, combo boxes, list boxes using Selenium .
- Used special method to take screenshot on failure using ITestListener interface.
- Involved in Extensive testing of browser content and compatibility testing on different web browsers like Chrome, Firefox and IE.
- Created log file for the business flow with verification steps for the client using log4j.
- Performed API testing using Postman tools manually.
- Validate different assertion, ContentType, Response body/Header
- Used MySQL server with SQL queries to fetch test data from the database and using it in the Selenium code with JDBC connection.
- Provided valuable enhancement feedback for the automation test script.
- Used centralized configuration files for test data using property class.
Environment : Selenium Web Driver, Selenium-Grid, Java, TestNG, Maven, Page Object Model, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, log4j, HTML, CSS, Firebug, Windows, Mac OS, MySQL Server, Agile (Scrum & Kanban), Postman
- Analyzed and walkthrough the Functional Design Documents for business requirements.
- Analyzed and walkthrough the Technical Design Documents, translating the functional design and Technical specifications to high-level scenarios.
- Created test script using Selenium WebDriver (using Java), Junit, and Cucumber along with page object model.
- Used Behavior Driven Development (BDD) approach.
- Created feature file using gherkin language and implemented them into step definition class.
- Used Cucumber options to maintain the scenario for run configuration.
- Created detailed QA and UAT cases to validate the quality of the application.
- Performed browser (FIREFOX, Chrome, and Safari) and platform (Windows 7/8) compatibility testing in virtual machine environment.
- Participated in daily standup, sprint planning, sprint review, sprint retrospective meetings.
- Wrote Selenium script for taking screenshot in case of a test method failure.
- Configured Jenkins Build jobs for continuous Integration and also for Regression Testing and Git for version control.
- Involved in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Tested, resolved and documented the issues in the Test environment and ensure the software is working while producing a high quality final product. Deploy the application out of the test phase to be released into Stage environment.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the software defects in JIRA and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Regression testing, rollout planning. Solution release & Post-release Production maintenance
- Assist in the and orientation of other staff and end users.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Cucumber, Agile Scrum, Jenkins, Maven, Eclipse, JIRA and Git.
- Analyzed the functional requirement documents, system requirement documents and business requirement documents to gain better understanding of the application.
- Prepared Test Scenarios, and Test Cases for the functional requirements in Excel and TestRail
- Prepared Detailed Test Plan by understanding the business logic and User Requirements for Manual testing.
- Exported Manual Test Cases from MS Excel template to HP ALM and executed the Test Cases with Pass/Fail status.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix to help debugging the defects.
- Performed System Testing to ensure the validity of the requirements.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing against User Requirements.
- Find and report defects and subsequently validating the fix, repeating the process until done.
- Performed End-to-End, Regression and Re-testing manually.
- Identified defect clustering in modules and prioritizing these modules.
- Evaluated and suggested improvements to the software test process.
- Coordinate efforts between development teams and offshore enterprise test team.
- Monitoring Testing Activities within the team and reporting regular progress to the Test Lead.
- Implemented required testing approaches to accommodate tight schedules and resource constraints including applying risk-based analysis to determine test coverage.
- Attended Project Domain and Internal Project Functionality Sessions.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the HP ALM for all the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up the bug life cycle.
- Worked closely with the cross functional teams to ensure successful, high quality incremental releases.
- Participated in Walkthroughs and Defect report meetings periodically.
- Summarized test results as per customer standards.
- Used Custom Reports, Built In reports and System Reports, Trend Reports function within Quality Center to track and report issue related activities.
- Interacted with developers & various members of project team to discuss and resolve defects and to determine their priorities.
Environment: UAT, HP ALM, TestRail, HTML, Incremental Development Process, Windows, MS Excel, Internet Explorer, MS Share Point MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint)