- Solutions oriented IT professional with 8+ years of experience in testing various software applications like Business Intelligence Reports, Web services, Client - Server applications and Web based applications
- Extensively worked in entire QA Life Cycle, which includes designing, developing and execution of the entire QA Process.
- Experience in testing and writing SQL and PL/SQL statements.
- Involved in UAT testing along with clients and user groups.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and QA Methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and Iterative process.
- Involved in preparing the Test Plans, Test Strategy documents, Test Cases & Test Scripts based on business requirements, rules, data mapping requirements and system specifications.
- Experience in loading from various data sources like Teradata, Oracle, Fixed Width and Delimited Flat Files, MS Access, COBOL files and XML Files.
- Worked with technologies like WSDL, SOAP,SOAP UI, XML, XPath and Web Services
- Experience on Functional testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Integration testing, GUI Testing, Security testing, Smoke testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), Software Validation testing, UAT, Batch Testing, Interface testing, and Performance Testing.
- Involved in preparation of Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Defect Report, and Weekly Status Reports, Checklists, Job Aids, Test Readiness Review Documents, Test Summary Reports.
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Migration, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying Data Mismatch.
- Experienced in Black Box, and White Box Testing of Database and Web applications.
- Excellent skills in overall Defect Management/Problem Solving, which includes reporting and tracking bugs using HP Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, Bugzilla.
- Experience in using Oracle Databases, DB2 UDB, Sybase, SQL Server, Netezza, and Teradata.
- Experienced in interacting with Clients, Business Analysts, UAT Users and Developers.
- Strong experience in UNIX shell scripting, writing UNIX wrapper scripts and monitoring the UNIX logs to check for any errors.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation and presentation skills.
QA Tools: HP - Quality Center
DBMS/Query Tools: TOAD, Rapid SQL, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase Teradata
Version Control Tools: Rational Clear Case, WIN CVS
Requirements Tools: Doors, Rational Requisite Pro
Scheduling Tools: Autosys, Control M
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. QA Tester
- Conducted functional walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, and assisted the development of User Manuals for customers
- Used various SQL queries to validate the test case results for back-end test cases.
- Performed Web Service testing using HP Service Test and SOAP UI.
- Involved in writing Oracle PL/SQL Stored Procedures/Functions/Packages and Triggers.
- Experienced in testing Web applications and client/server applications
- Experience in testing XML files and validating the data loaded to staging tables for Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Used TOAD Software for Querying ORACLE
- Developed test scripts using QTP/UFT for Functionality and Regression Testing.
- Involved in testing of Universes from different data sources like Oracle/SQL Server.
- Responsible for creating requests and building test scenarios for the web services project
- Created test planning and participated in execution for API testing
- Tested SOA application interface and communication paths.
- Written several shell scripts using UNIX Korn shell for file transfers, archiving the existing files, catalog creation, error log creations and log file cleanup process.
- Involved in smoke testing, sandbox testing and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues
- Used Rational Quality Manager for organizing requirements, Test Cases and defects.
- Perform Data Integration, Data comparison and Data Validation for Back End Testing by using SQL Queries (TOAD)
- Created test plans by analyzing the business requirements and system requirements of the application.
- Wrote SQL queries to test the application for data integrity and verified the contents of the data table.
- Coordinated with different users in UAT process.
- Involved in generating Test Scripts using QTP/UFT for different transactions to execute Functional Testing, Regression Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Support the SIT testing for Salesforce integration, with existing API integration and maintain JIRA for defect tracking.
- Implemented Agile Testing Methodology to provide deliverables and meet the deadlines
- Created API XML Input files and compared with API XML output files using UNIX
- Extracted data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and SQL Server.
- Performed browser compatibility testing using different browsers like IE, Fire Fox etc
- Tested application manually and executed automated scripts.
Environment: HP Quality Center 11/ALM, SQL, PL/SQL, Agile, SOA, SOAP, SOAP UI, QTP/UFT, SQL Server, UNIX, Oracle, XML, MS Excel, MS Word, Manual Testing, Toad, XML, XSD, XSLT
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Participated in the creation, distribution and walkthrough of software test cases, scripts and other documents surrounding testing activities and ensure that all testing activities and deliverables are conducted/ produced in compliance with company standards.
- Involved in backend testing for the front end of the application using SQL Queries in Teradata data base.
- Created test scripts for the application which uses SOA, Web services, SOAP and WSDL.
- Preparing and supporting the QA and UAT test environments.
- Wrote scripts to upload data into database tables on IBM DB2 Command center.
- Prepared Test Cases for system testing and uploaded them into Quality Center; Linked the test cases to the business requirements; Defects to Test Cases.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing.
- Performed database testing with SQL queries to verify data integrity using QTP/UFT.
- Performed Black box testing, Functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, System Testing in Testing environment
- Involved with risk categories for SOA including Testability, Functionality, Interoperability, Performance, Security and Compliance
- Tested Functionality Testing, Usability testing and Interface testing for multiple Web Applications created in Java
- Performed XML schema validation for API testing
- Used SQL for Querying the DB2 database in UNIX environment.
- Used rational tools for test management and report generation.
- Tested GUI scenarios and validated in Backend in DB2
- Documented the defects in rational tools.
- Tested XML files using Soap
- Used T-SQL for Querying the SQL Server database for data validation.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based application to test SOAP services and REST API
- Responsible for Data mapping testing by writing complex SQL Queries using WINSQL Experience in creating UNIX scripts for file transfer and file manipulation.
- Involved in Unit testing and UAT.
- Created SQL compare statements to validate Actual result with the Expected Results.
- Used SQL Profiler to monitor the performance of SQL queries.
- Used Netezza data warehousing tool for collection, storage and staging of all metadata used for different client websites.
- Trained and coordinated with the offshore team members in understanding the requirements and test cases for UAT.
- Extensively involved in System testing & Regression testing and Integration testing
- Involved in testing the XML files and checked whether data is parsed and loaded to staging tables.
- Executed automated test scripts using QTP/UFT for Regression testing.
- Excel reports are validated using SQL and embodying complex formulas in the Excel.
- Reviewing the test activities through daily Agile Software development stand-up meetings.
Environment: Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, HP Quality Center 11/ALM, SOA, SOAP, SOAP UI, UNIX, QTP/UFT, Agile, DB2, TOAD, SQL Server, Toad, XML, XSD, XSLT
Confidential, Marysville, OH
- Evaluated business requirements and technical specification documents to craft test strategies and LOE assessments which would account for durations, constraints, assumptions, etc. that are required to accomplish test objectives.
- Developed and conducted a wide range of tests and analysis to ensure that software, systems, and services meet minimum company standards and defined end-user and system requirements.
- Involved in high and detail level design reviews to ensure requirement traceability and to determine application/component functional readiness requirements.
- Performed the Backend Integration Testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL statements
- Being part of the test team, responsibilities involved writing complex queries using SQL and PL/SQL to generate data based on the complex derivations for each attribute.
- Complex SQL queries were written to compare data generated by the application against the expected results generated based on mapping requirements for each interface.
- Involved in validating various BOXI reports for Lay out and data quality.
- Exclusively involved in execution of Autosys jobs, PL/SQL batch programs and responsible for reporting the defects to development team.
- Involved in job scheduling using SQL server Agent.
- Tested the application by writing SQL Queries and creating pivot views as to perform backend testing.
- Validating the data passed to downstream systems.
- Involved in functional, integration, End-to-End, interface, performance, system, black box testing.
- Involved in maintaining the test environments; with activities like requesting data loads, data base backups, restarting the servers, requesting the deployments, troubleshooting issues.
- Tracked and executed the User Acceptance Test Cases with respect to the requirements to determine the feature coverage.
- Involved in testing the batch scheduling programs by using the Autosys tool.
- Involved in Database Validations, Writing Test scripts (Including the related SQL Statements by joining various tables) depending on Requirements for both Positive and Negative Scenarios.
- Involved in Security Access Testing for Role based Internal and External Users, on S/IR System
- Automating the Data and Validating in various builds, using QTP/UFT and Quality Center.
- Attended and worked with agile scrum standup meetings.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, Toad, Autosys, Oracle SQL Developer, Agile, SQL Server, Quality Center, QTP, UNIX
Confidential, Lansdale, PA
- Coordinated with Business Users to understand business needs and implement the same into a functional Data warehouse design.
- Interacting with the users and troubleshooting the problems involved with the development of stored Procedures, triggers and problems related to the privileges.
- Extensive testing on the Performance of the Stored Procedures in PL/SQL.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts to format the session log files and to extract the information from error logs.
- Tested UI Screens and Reports for cosmetic and data requirements.
- Involved in Usability Testing and coordinating with end users for giving on Web Based application.
- Defined and implemented verification and validation processes across the project and manage QA and regression testing environments.
- Tested the web pages, user login pages according to the user security roles and requirements.
- Ensured developers coordinated their efforts in managing and maintaining different application databases
- Tested OLAP cubes to verify and validate the functionality of the reports.
- Monitored the performance of the reports.
Environment: Oracle, DB2, PL/SQL, Autosys, SQL*Plus, Quality center, Netezza, UNIX, Shell Scripting, IBM AIX, UNIX, Windows XP
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Understanding the business process; manage testing activities.
- Formulate the Test Strategy, Designing, System Plan and Validations.
- Involved in life cycle testing, functionality testing, regression testing, performance testing, volume testing.
- Written SQL/Shell scripts to perform data integrity testing and validation of logs.
- Performed system test following the standard guidelines provided in the design documents.
- Identified bottlenecks in the network and database servers while performing volume testing of the application.
- Created and Executed System Test cases and User Acceptance Test cases for the application.
- Interacted with developers for resolving Change Request issues.
- Tested the application manually for its GUI objects and their functionality and reported the bugs.
- Performed extensive manual testing of the entire application suite.
- Developed Test Data and individual test cases to satisfy positive and negative testing.
Environment: Oracle, SQL, Cognos, J2EE, Apache Tomcat, Manual testing, TOAD, Putty, WinSCP, Log files, JSP, XML, Visual Basic, ASP, VB.Net, ASP. Net, Windows, UNIX