- Quality Assurance Engineer with eight years of diversified experience in leading software testing, conducting test automation, functional and technical capability analysis, managing stakeholder expectations and leading multiple domestic and international teams. Currently working as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with Confidential in Broomfield, Colorado. Interested in challenging opportunities, which involves project management, automated and manual testing, release coordination and additional quality assurance responsibilities.
- Spearheaded the creation of a Hybrid Framework using Cucumber, Selenium, JUnit, and Maven currently used as a foundational framework for multiple automation initiatives on different projects in the organization.
- Extensive experience in reviewing design, functional, and technical specification documentation, and in developing test scenarios and test data creation for automation frameworks.
- Led daily scrum meeting for a team of 10, as an acting Scrum Master by employing agile scrum methodology.
- Professional Scum Master Certified
- High - level expertise around automating on-demand and instantaneous checks on program codes against frameworks using CI tool (Jenkins) with GitHub.
- Proficient in REST Web Service Testing with SOAP UI and POSTMAN tool.
- Advanced expertise in Mobile testing on Android and IOS using Sauce Lab and Perfecto.
- Co-Led sprint planning, time estimation, sprint demonstration meetings and grooming meeting to estimate task resource requirement and assess the environment needs with Product Owners, senior management and client representatives.
- Managed teams of automation and manual test engineers and guided them with developing best practices, test approaches, and work load management leading to time efficient and cost-effective software testing.
- Advanced expertise and multi-year experience in creating and executing automated test scenarios using Object Oriented Framework/Page Object Model, and Hybrid Frameworks.
- Developed and implemented a specialized mechanism using Rally to track the execution status of tests and analyze the severity of issues detected in an all digital platform to minimize communication issues between local and offshore teams.
- Developed set of criteria to identify manual test cases to be converted into automated test cases to increase efficiency.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), STLC along with a strong track record of making insightful contributions to the development, enhancement and maintenance of software applications.
- Proven ability to work on customer relationship management, reliability and failure analysis, and operation management.
- Multi-year experience in employing key testing strategies such as: Smoke, Functional, UAT, Regression, Ad-Hoc, Sanity testing, End-to-End testing, System testing, and Negative testing.
- Proficient in Automation testing using platforms such as Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, J Unit, BDD, and Cucumber.
- Proficient in writing and executing SQL queries for data manipulation, visualization, and data validation for back-end testing.
Automation Tools: Selenium WebDriver/Grid, TestNG, Cucumber, BDD, JUnit, Rest Assured and QTP
Defect Tools: Ra Rally, Jira Agile, Quality Center/ALM, Rational Clear Quest
Web Technologies: Java Script, HTML, CSS, ASP 3, ASP.Net, MTS, IIS, SOAP UI/ParaSoft, JSON, SauceLab
Languages: JAVA, Python, VB, Gherkin, Json, XML, Groovy
Eclipse, Code: Block, Jboss Red Hat development studio
Oracle, SQL server, MS: Access, MySql, DB2, SQL Developer, DB Visualizer
MS: OFFICE (Word, Excel, Power Point, Share Point, Access, and Visio)
Version Control: Git, SVN, and ClearCase
OS: Unix AIX, Linux Red Hat, Mac, Windows XP/Vista/7 & WinNT
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Confidential, Broomfield, CO
- Maximized productivity by working on multiple projects simultaneously in a matrix-managed environment and played crucial role in maintaining close interaction with all development teams and support members.
- Created and delivered well-designed test cases, before the functionality is developed while working on agile/scrum environment with frequently changing requirements.
- Effectively utilized RALLY at various stages of the software testing
- Gathered specification, functional definitions, and relevant data before testing, followed by documentation of test requirements.
- Produced bug reports highlighting key defects and frequently tracked the status based on priority and updated change request.
- Led the Quality Assurance team’s involvement in the delivery scope meeting on product testing.
- Produced quality work-product and fostered collaboration by regular meetings with product owner, product designer, and developers throughout application development, and testing.
- Supported the team in deployment for performance measurement, and functional testing automation.
- Performed multi-level application testing at the User Interface, API service, and backend levels to ensure exhaustive functionality of the platforms.
- Saved 30% time and cost of testing by reducing the FTE requirement through automation testing using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA.
Environment : Windows 7, Java/J2EE, Oracle, SQL Server, DB Visualizer, Rally, IE11, Sauce Lab
QA Test Engineer
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Coordinated with the development/support teams to ensure test platform availability and dynamic testing, and resolved several technical issues and execution difficulties.
- Led the QA work stream team in enhancement meetings and provided weekly status updates, troubleshot new releases and fixed the production issues content
- Developed test summary reports and test metrics documents based on coverage and automate the reporting procedures.
- Effectively utilized JIRA at various stages of the software testing
- Collected program specifications, functional definition, and relevant data gathering before testing, followed by documentation of test requirements.
- Created test suites, test cases and reports during the web application testing.
- Identified key defects and frequently tracked the status based on priority and updated change request.
- Performed regression testing on the application to validate functionalities using Selenium web driver.
- Validated database operations by executing SQL statements against the back-end database.
- Achieved customer satisfaction and high quality by effective automation testing, AGILE Processes
Environment : Windows 7, Java/J2EE, Oracle, SQL Server, Jira Agile, UNIX, Flex, IE11
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Implemented page objects, data driven, and hybrid automation frameworks using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Junit and TestNG.
- Developed and executed the automation test scripts on different browsers/environments using Selenium.
- Performed various black box testing using different methodologies like functional testing, compatibility and regression testing as per system requirements on different browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google Firefox.
- Assisted in developing the project management strategy, gauging resource requirement, design review, and story point estimate in the sprint-planning meeting.
- Tested data and control flow to ensure consistency in business logic through version upgrades.
Environment : Windows7, Java/J2EE, Oracle, SQL Server, Rally, UNIX, Flex, IE10
QA Test Engineer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Planned and produced test case steps, created test suites and developed defect reports in Quality Center (QC); Executed manual tests, ran smoke/sanity tests, ad-hoc tests and exploratory tests at the developer’s machine.
- Performed regression, functionality, system, front-end, back-end, negative and positive tests.
- Updated test suites and documents based on frequent meetings with business analysts and developers.
- Developed automation script using QTP and reviewed test scripts of other teammates against the requirements.
- Formulated test reports and assisted senior management and projects leads before major releases.
- Exhibited critical thinking and innovative process management techniques to produce highly productive and efficient teams to perform successful testing of the application.
Environment : Windows 7, Java/J2EE, Oracle, SQL Server, QC, UNIX, Flex, IE10
QA and Functional Analyst
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Analyzed business requirements to assist the team in creating insightful technical documents for Quality assurance and application development.
- Responsible for optimization and generalization of the SQL depending on the business requirements and responsible for verifying critical functional requirements and datasets in database tables.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings to understand the work progress and matched efforts to the changing needs based on the current status of the updates.