- Comfortable working in a complex, project - based environment, I’m a dynamic QA professional backed by strong credentials including a computer science degree and 20+ years of experience in validating systems to ensure compliance with SDLC/STLC process and standards, federal regulations, and customer specifications.
- Review user requirements documents to ensure that requirements are testable.
- Develop & maintain test plans and test cases using HP ALM (QC) or Jama
- Provide status reports to Project Management and Project Stakeholders
- Record & monitor the status of all defects using HP ALM (QC), JIRA, or Rational Clear Quest
- Assist in analysis/resolution of defects discovered while executing tests
- Retest defects resolved by Development
- Escalating testing issues and suggest improvements, using appropriate processes in a timely manner
- Performing investigative model testing to evaluate product performance and ensure customer satisfaction
- Talent for working effectively under pressure
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Attention to detail from the customer s point of view
- Ability to learn new applications & testing techniques quickly
- Strong documentation/writing skills for communicating issues and documenting test results
- Excellent communication skills for working with the QA team, Development, Business Analysts, Project Management, Project Stakeholders and Executives
- 13 years of experience using HP ALM (QC, Mercury Test Director)
- 3 years of experience with Jama Software and JIRA Software
- Use of HP QTP, AutoTestR, and Selenium/ Selenium IDE automation framework to perform regression testing
- 5 years of experience with SQL query creation in SQL Server
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile Testing Methodologies
- Strong knowledge of programming logic and Object-Oriented Programming concepts
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Operating Systems & MS-DOS command-line interface
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux command-line interface
- Knowledge of .HTML, .XML, .XSLT, .XSD - schema validation
- Experience working with REST client and Postman for testing HTTP requests
- Working experience with Hummingbird HostExplorer, AS400
- Various Applications such as SharePoint, Microsoft Office, WinSCP, Putty, GIT Bash, Altova XMLSpy, Confluence, Norton Utilities, Lotus Notes, Rational ClearQuest
Confidential, Clearwater, FL
- Performed functional and integration testing of retail petroleum POS systems.
- Daily used Jama for test planning, test scripting, and JIRA for defect management.
- Re-created customer specific environments for replicating problems reported from the field.
- Performed investigative model testing to evaluate product performance and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Selenium/TestNG automation test for regression: maintained test automation assets/library.
- Solely conducted XML schema validation test and documented the test cases for executing those tests.
- Performed data input validation using Postman tool.
Confidential, St. Petersburg, FL
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Functional, system, integration, and regression testing web-based front-end & mainframe AS400 back-end.
- Verified transactional data in both AS400 and SQL Server databases using HostExplorer and SQL Management Studio.
- Prepared test plans, conducted walkthroughs, reviewed test documents, and prepared test estimation.
- Assisted with UAT testing support.
- Provided subject matter expertise to other team members.
- Created documentation to aid in cross training other team members during transfer knowledge process.
- Performed functional testing on Web-based application and back-end environments.
- Performed testing for usability and compatibility of the custom Web application.
- Analyzed system design specifications and developed test strategies, test plans, test cases.
- Performed defect tracking, participated in defect meetings discussing test results with both developers and business analysts to isolate defects and find problem solutions.
- Performed SQL queries to extract data from DB for validation testing on front and back ends.
- Analyzed test results and reported issues.
- Involved in test activities for different projects (web based, e-commerce, client-server applications).
- Created test strategies based on the analysis of documentation to achieve the best result.
- Analyzed requirements and developed test plans, test scenarios, and test cases.
- Executed validation, end-to-end, and regression tests for Web application.
- Ran SQL statements to set up data and retrieved data for tests.
- Analyzed applications and errors, escalated issues to developers, and verified fixes.
- Developed test summary reports for upper management.