- Around 5 years of professional experience in Software Testing on different platforms and environments.
- Experience in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), in - depth knowledge of contemporary QA/test principles, methodologies.
- Efficient in analyzing System Requirements, Use Cases and other documents to gain overall understanding of the new application to determine the appropriate level of testing required and designing end-to-end testing framework that supports both manual and automated.
- Experience on Mobile Automation (Android & IOS) using Appium.
- Experience in testing Restful Webservices using POSTMAN tool.
- Extensively Worked in Quality Assurance using Testing methods for both Manual and Automation tests with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Requirements gathering (FSD/SRS).
- Experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing, and Production & Maintenance Methods using Waterfall and Agile/Scrum.
- Used Soap UI to test Web services (SOAP) and Done MS Stack Testing.
- Experience in validation and verification, User Acceptance testing (UAT) and end-to-end testing.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases, Defect Tracking, and Report Generation.
- Involved in risk-based testing.
- Working knowledge of SQL, HTML and XML and internet browsers.
- Expertise in Unit testing, Integration testing, GUI testing, Functional testing, Accessibility testing, System testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance testing, end-to-end testing and Black Box testing methodologies.
- Experience in writing java Script in Cucumber Automation Framework.
- Excellent communications skills, strong problems solving skills and a good team player.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure and co-ordinate multiple tasks in a work project environment.
Test Management Tools: HP ALM, HP Quality Center
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, HP Quality Center, Junit, TestNG, Cucumber, JIRA, SOAPUI, QTP, Protractor, Manual Testing, JMeter, Rest Assured Framework, Appium, POSTMAN.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla
Languages: C, C++, JAVA, SQL, PL/SQL, Python
Operating System: Windows 7/Vista/XP/2003 server/NT/98, UNIX and LINUX
RDBMS: Oracle 9i - 11g, MS SQL server, MS Access, PL/SQL
Web Applications: J2EE, ASP, HTML, VB, MS Front Page, XML, JSP
Web Servers: IIS, Apache Tomcat
Version Control / Code Mgmt.: Apache Sub version (SVN), GIT
CI/CD or build Tools: Maven, Gradle, Ant, Jenkins
Documentation Tools: MS Office, Excel, MS-Word, Adobe Acrobat, and MS project
Management Tools: MS Vision, MS Office Suite Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Methodologies: Waterfall, Verification & Validation, Agile / Scrum
Automation Test Engineer
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Analyzing various tools for test management, test automation and performance testing and provide best possible solution based on customer requirements.
- Selecting test cases from ALM based on good candidate for automation.
- Working with Java to use Selenium, -WebDriver API library to write automation scripting with Cucumber Feature and Scenario.
- Implemented Spring MVC framework in the presentation tier for all the essential control flow, business level validations and for communicating with the business layer.
- Used Eclipse to debug Java code and utilize Maven as project builder with internal Maven Dependency repository.
- Dynamic parametrization of Desired Capabilities through Maven & Jenkins.
- Used Junit to run Cucumber feature and scenarios and generating report daily basis.
- Used Selenium, Grid, Desired capabilities, Remote Web Driver for distributing the execution in different machines, platforms and browsers.
- Web Service testing using SoapUI, scripting with Groovy. RESTful service automation with Rest Assured tools.
- Used Maven to configure the dependencies and to run framework.
- Used SVN as repository and version control.
- Working experience with JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Build tools Jenkins, Maven.
- Used wait. until, Expected Condition. Visibility of Element Located is Element Present or check status completed to handle the Ajax content.
Environment: Selenium, SVN, JIRA, Agile, Java, Spring MVC.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Tested entry and exit criteria for the application screens and checked their contents.
- Participated in creating and reviewing Test Plan, Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Reviewed User Requirements, Use Cases and Detailed Designs to develop Test Cases.
- Worked in Functional and Regression Testing.
- Worked and tested Restful Webservices using POSTMAN tool.
- Performed GUI, System, Back-end, Negative, Positive, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Established GUI standards for both Web and Windows applications.
- Applied best practices and professional principles and techniques to evaluate systems during development.
- Responsible for developing automated test cases with Selenium and custom scripting as appropriate to the test case.
- Developed and maintained custom libraries for the common automation framework using JAVA in Selenium.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities using Selenium.
- Designed Automation Testing Framework for web-based application using Selenium that maintains the work flow as an end-user.
- Handled Build releases and Manual Projects Internally.
- Involved in managing onsite & offshore project team - work direction, estimation, resource management and issue resolution.
Environment: Selenium, HTML, C/C++, SQL Server, Java, Oracle, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, Windows.
QA Automation Tester
- Gathered requirements documents such as business requirements and design document and other related documents.
- Participate in Agile Scrum methodology and attend Daily Scrum, Sprint Grooming, and Sprint Planning and Sprint Review meetings.
- Responsible for writing and maintain Selenium Web driver scripts for regression and functional testing using Cucumber framework and Maven.
- Developed test code in Java language using Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber framework.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing feature files and step definitions using Gherkin language.
- Used web-debugging tool like Fire path and Firebug for finding elements locator.
- Performed Manual Testing and then automated it by using Selenium Web driver.
- Conducted System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Configured Selenium Web driver, Maven tool and created Selenium automations scripts in Core Java using Cucumber prior to agile release.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Extensively used Selenium locators like (XPath, CSS Selectors, Fire Bug, Fire path locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, JIRA, Maven, Eclipse, SQL Server, Agile.