- Over 5+ years of experience in Information Technology, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing.
- Proficient on Automation tools like Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid) for testing Client Server and Web based Applications.
- Experience in using Java as client library for Selenium WebDriver to design and developed Automation test Framework using Junit and TestNG.
- Experience in Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) using Cucumber which integrated feature files, Step Definition and Runner classes in Gherkins language.
- Experienced in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Expert implementation from scratch and practical hands on experience in different types of frameworks like Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Behavioural driven Framework (BDD) and Page Object Model (POM) using Selenium.
- Experienced in diverse types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, JUnit Testing, Performance testing, Functional testing, Database testing, GUI testing and (UAT)User Acceptance Testing of client/server and web - based applications.
- Experience in creating Test Plans, defining Test Scenarios and Test Cases, developing and maintaining test scripts, analyzing bugs, coordinating with development team and track the bug fixes till closure.
- Experienced in Web Services testing using SOAP UI/POSTMAN tool. Validated request and response XML, SOAP and RESTFUL Web service calls.
- Expertise in executing the test cases and raising the defects using the Defect Tracking Tool JIRA, HP ALM, Quality Center.
- Experienced in writing SQL verification scripts to test the result of deployment for correct business logic for Back-end testing.
- Experience in performing database testing and working with SQL queries and database like Oracle and MySQL.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and waterfall models and TDD.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
Languages: Java, XML, HTML, CSS
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, SOAP UI, POSTMAN, Cucumber, TestNG, Junit, Jenkins
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, HP ALM, Quality Center
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Agile: Scrum, Waterfall
Version Controls: GIT, SVN, CVS
Databases: Oracle, SQL, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX
Confidential, Austin, TX
QA Test Engineer (Selenium)
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document, put input in Test Plan and prepared detailed Test Cases for new functionality.
- Developed Automation framework using Selenium Web Driver.
- Developed an automated test suite from scratch with Java and Selenium for doing periodic testing of the product.
- Created and Developed Automation test framework using Selenium WebDriver and executed TestNG Test Cases in Eclipse IDE .
- Responsible for creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver to automate the UI components.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation ( Java/TestNG ).
- Wrote Maven build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of TestNG test cases/suites for Lens Measurement screen, Lens Type Screen, Aftercare screen and two eye replication screens
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Maven to build the Project.
- Used Build tool like Maven to generate test report.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Responsible for Integrating Selenium Tests with Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Maintaining the automation scripts of various modules of the application according to new changes in the application during product release cycle and manage the source code using GIT .
- Involved in GUI testing, integration testing, navigation testing and regression testing using web and client-server applications.
- Performed various testing methods like Functional, Usability, Security, Navigational and UAT testing by creating automated scripts using Selenium WebDriver and manually.
- Utilize CSS selectors, IDs, and XPaths to locate elements on Web pages.
- Involved in SOA testing for Payments API's using POSTMAN and Java framework for Web Services testing.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using POSTMAN. Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using POSTMAN.
- Involved in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using HP ALM .
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation. Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
- Actively worked in agile environment and presented the updates to my managers every week on sprint retrospective, and sprint review meetings.
- Actively participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly assessment meetings and daily bug triage meetings and interacted with developers and business analysts to ensure high quality of the application under test.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, POSTMAN, GIT, Eclipse, CSS, XPath, HP ALM, SQL, Agile and Windows.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Involved in Automation Testing, prepared regression test suite, designed test scripts in Selenium WebDriver using Java.
- Developed and Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java . Used Eclipse IDE to develop and debug the code.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed automation test scripts for regression testing (TestNG).
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, and Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in Java.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Configured the test suite to Jenkins to make it run on every successful deployment, which helped reduce the feedback loop time to the developers.
- Involved in maintaining automation projects code and features in source controls like GIT .
- Performed manual testing and Front-end Web based Functionality testing, for Smoke testing, Regression testing, Integration testing and System testing.
- Used Firebug to do web-based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Involved in testing the web application using Selenium (Data-Driven. XPath locator) WebDriver.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called POSTMAN and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them.
- Created data-driven automation scripts for testing API Web Services using POSTMAN .
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues. Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using Quality Center.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, POSTMAN, GIT, Eclipse, Firebug, XPath, XML, Quality Center, SQL, Agile and Windows.
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
- Actively attend meetings with fellow testers and other groups to evaluate the progress and Performance of the application.
- Involved in defining test automation strategy and test scenarios, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Selenium Grid to test the compatibility of the tests across multiple servers to save time.
- Wrote Selenium scripts to create reusable components in Data driven framework.
- Designed smoke, sanity, acceptance, functional and regression test cases.
- Performed various testing activities like GUI testing, functional testing, browser compatibility testing, regression testing.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (TDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Performed Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- Performed Webservice Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Wrote SQL Queries in Oracle Database to verify the data with the GUI.
- Tested web-based application on different operating systems such as Windows XP, Vista and UNIX.
- Developed and documented complete testing process with well-written test cases.
- Involved in project meetings to meet project deliverables and goals.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, ANT, XPath, XML, Soap UI, JIRA, SQL, Oracle, UNIX and Windows.
- Analyzed the user requirements by interacting with system architect, developers and business users.
- Suggested improvements in test process by gathering and analyzing data.
- Reviewed and analyzed Detail Designed Specification and Technical Specification documents.
- Analyzed the SRS (System Requirement Specifications) and developed Test Suites to cover the overall quality assurance testing.
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycles.
- Prepared Test Cases with the complete description of requirements, uploaded test cases and report results into Quality Center.
- Developed comprehensive test plans based on defect and business scenarios.
- Involved in validating major releases by running the system tests and regression tests for HDS and maintaining the defect tracker database.
- Prepared test data based on exact definition of defect (for positive testing).
- Prepared test data as per exact opposite definition of defect (for negative testing).
- Executed test cases on test region and validated functionality of the new fix and verified if new fix is impacting existing functionality.
- Performed Manual Testing to check flow of the application.
- During testing life cycle, performed different types of testing like System Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Created Test Execution Matrices during the test cycle.
- Identifying bugs and interacted with QA Lead and Developers to resolve the issues of on bugs.
- Participated in QA Team meetings and weekly QA testing reviews.
Environment: Quality Center, Manual Testing, Java, MS Visio, HTML, Oracle, Windows and UNIX. s: Will be provided upon request.