- Around 8 Years of experience in the field of IT, specializing in software Manual/Automated Testing on client/server & web - based applications.
- Hands on experience on Test Planning, Test Scheduling, Test Designing, Defect reporting and tracking, Test result analysis.
- Strong experience with Ab-initio & ETL testing
- Experience with Web service testing using Soap UI.
- Good in XML and data validations. Strong in backend validation.
- Extensively used Team Foundation Server (TFS) for test management.
- Experience and very good knowledge on Retail IT POS (Point of Sale system).
- Strong database testing/data validation using Oracle, Teradata & DB2.
- Experienced in Test Case Design, Test Planning, Test Tool Usage, Test Case Execution, Defect Management, Risk Analysis/identification, Risk Mitigation etc.
- Experience with XML validation Reports testing (Business objects/ crystal reports).
- Strong experience in Agile (Scrum/Sprint) methodology.
- Extensively utilized HP ALM, HP Mercury Quality Center, JIRA, for test planning, execution & defect tracking.
- Extensive experience in coordinating testing effort, responsible for test deliverables, status reporting to management and escalation of issues.
- Experienced in the concepts of the SDLC/STLC and their interrelationships with and dependencies of QA methodologies. Well versed with all testing concepts, methodologies/strategy, agile methodology, and waterfall and V-Model approach.
- Experience in testing techniques and creation of test deliverables for all test levels (Integration/ System/User Acceptance/E2E) and test types (Smoke/Regression/Functional/Performance/ Configuration/ Recovery) and rich experience in test environment /test bed set up.
- QA deliverables, extensive experience in developing, executing and maintaining test plans, test scenarios, test cases and reviewing the traceability matrix based as pet the business requirements.
- Defect logging & tracking.
- Quality processes, having experience on ISO, CMM and Six Sigma standards/methods.
- Project documents, preparing all kind of QA deliverables for each phase of QA process. After reviews & analyzing results, updating client with status reports for the project.
- Experience in Business Areas like Banking, Retail & Health Insurance.
- Experience in working with QA teams in Onsite and Offshore model.
- Excellent team player possessing, good communication and interpersonal skills. Would take up assignments with enthusiasm and challenge, playing a positive role in the team and ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
Testing tools: HP ALM, Quality Center, JIRA,Visual Test, TFS, Ab-initio, Jira
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Windows 2003/Windows 7, UNIX, Linux, iOS, Android
Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, VBScript
Technologies: ASP, ASP.NET 1.1/2.0/3.5, HTML, DHTML, Java Script, VB Script, XML
Databases: Teradata, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008
Version Control: VSS 6.0, CVS, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
GUI: Developer 2000, Forms and Reports 6i, Visual Basic 6.0., Crystal Reports, Business Objects.
Software: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Lotus Notes
SDLC Models: Agile, Waterfall Model, V&V etc.
Confidential, Grapevine, TX
Sr. QA Analyst
Environment: HP ALM 12.0, GISMO, ETL, Oracle, Teradata, Windows 7, Batch Process, Informatica, Unix, Putty, Agile, Ab-initio.
- Working as Sr.QA Analyst for MultiDC project. QA activities including estimation, planning and executing QA tasks.
- Analyzed system requirement specifications and developed test plans, test cases to cover overall QA System Testing.
- Worked with Dev teams & Business Analysts to clarify ambiguities in the requirements and verified traceability requirements to test cases.
- Participated in daily scrum, sprint grooming, sprint planning/sprint review and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Participated in requirements review & design review meetings.
- Deliver Quality Reports to management & project teams providing objective information about the quality of each release.
- Creation of Test Plan, Test Data, Test cases, Defects, Traceability Matrix and Test Summary Report(s).
- Test case Preparation and executing for complex functional, E2E, Business flow, performance, scalability testing; logging and tracking of defects.
- Walkthrough of Test plans/test cases/test results with project teams during scrum meetings.
- Confer with engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Performed ETL testing for Inbound/Outbound applications that are interacting with GISMO application. Performed Change Data Capture (CDC) validation and relational and dimensional tables data validation.
- Validating the Infoview reports using Business Objects & Crystal reports.
- Contributions towards other modules through effective review, resolving problems
- Involving in production check outs with business teams.
- Performed Regression Testing.
- Coordinating with Dev/Business teams during UAT and helped resolving the issues.
- Worked with upstream/downstream systems for the data flow validations as part of E2E testing.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
Sr. QA Analyst
Environment: HP ALM 12.0, ETL, Oracle, SQL Server 2005, Windows 7, Batch Process, Informatica, Unix, Putty, Agile, Teradata, Web services, SOAP UI, Ab-initio.
- Analyzed system requirement specifications and developed test scenarios/test cases for over Interface/System/E2E Testing
- Performed functional testing of validating the RFP financial planning process for both Pre Season & In Seasons.
- On-site and off-shore coordination.
- Identifying System Interface test scenarios and developed High Level Scenarios for manual testing.
- Responsible for performing a variety of Database and Web Services testing using SOAP UI.
- Test Data preparation for Interface, SIT and End To End testing.
- Daily interaction with customer for daily status/issues and discuss on any blockage on daily task.
- Involved in preparing Metrics to keep track of the test case execution status.
- Helped Offshore team in setting up the test environment required to perform testing.
- Support, co-ordination and responsibility of the testing activities which includes review of test cases and test conditions, walkthrough of test cases with clients.
- Co-ordination with the Client QA Manager, and Development team for resolution of any outstanding issues.
- Walkthrough of Test cases with Clients and Business Analysts.
- Support Business team during UAT.
- Coordinating with interfacing teams for Integration/E2E testing.
- Involved in ETL interface testing (Inbound/Outbound) interacting with RFP application.
- Report, track and validate defects in HP ALM.
- Performed EndToEnd testing validating business flows across different interfacing systems like RMS, Actuals Data, RMA, APIP etc.
Environment: HP ALM, ETL, Teradata, Oracle, Crystal Reports (Business View), SAP, Windows 7, Ab-initio.
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Worked on effort estimation, Test planning, interaction with other leads
- Worked on Turnover issues and developed a detail test plan for the Turn Over for POS, HHT.
- Interacted with BSA’s& SME’s to test the production issues for POS and HHT.
- Worked on POS and experienced in performing a SOD, EOD, Cash Management, EPOS Activities, Performing sales transactions.
- Performed bank settlements testing for VISA and gift cards sales transactions
- Developed a High Level Scenarios for the application in Quality Center.
- Developed and executed manual test scripts for the application in Quality Center.
- Involved in mapping the requirements to the test cases in Quality Center.
- Worked on POS Registers, HHT by performing various sales transactions using the tenders as cash, gift card, credit, debit, travels check types.
- Worked on Inventory Management for POS 5.4 & 6.1 (NSB) applications and good domain knowledge in Inventory adjustments, Stock transfer, receiving and EPOS Activities.
- Worked on Island Pacific which is a central repository for the entire GSS system to keep track of all the store information like Stock On Hand, Sales Transactions performed on stores, Inventory Management, Purchase Order creation, Receiving, ASN creation, Item inquiry…ect. Involved in analyzing the Functional specifications and Baseline requirements for Marketing Enhancements web application.
- Worked on Promotions Webtool and Givex web portal for creating Promotion discounts and Gift Card orders, Involved in PCI Epicor Key management Testing.
- Attended weekly status report meetings.
Environment: Mercury Quality Center 9.2, SQL Server 2005, ASP.Net, C#, AS/ 400 and Store System (POS), Safari, Visual Source Safe, Windows 2003 Active Directory Server.
Confidential, Minnetonka, MN
Environment: Java, MYSQL, Amazon Cloud (AWS), Informatica, Java Script, XML,HTML,CSS.
Tools: HP Quality Center (ALM), TOAD, MY SQL,SoapUI, putty, ETL, Informatica, Agile, iOS, Android
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review and provide input to requirements, Technical Design, Data Model and Source-to-target Mapping documents.
- Prepared Data mapping documents for ETL/Data transfer process.
- Responsible for performing a variety of Database and Web Services testing.
- Facilitating meetings related to test plan/test case review or test execution status.
- Working with technology developers to facilitate resolution of defects.
- Developed test scripts for ETLs, stored procedures, MySQL to create test model and use SQL Queries extensively to pull the data from different tables and perform data validation.
- Involving in creating the Test lab for Mobile initiative.
- Participating and provide feedback in Requirements and Design Review to ensure product testability
- Creating Test Strategy for Mobile testing (Mobile Web).
- Creating Compatibility Checklist for Mobile website.
- Testing the mobile web user interface and usability testing.
- Review the Mobile web wire frames.
- Creation of Test Plan, Test cases, Traceability Matrix and Test Summary Report(s).
- Track and develop metrics for testing.
- Coordinate with Business and Development for Defects.
- Attended Business reviews and Functional walkthroughs.
- Participated in the weekly calls to track the status of defect and their progress.
- Review the test cases, test scenarios and provide the comments to the team members.
- Performed Functional, Integration & Regression Testing.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Reviewed business, functional and technical specification documents.
- Review product requirement documents, functional specifications, and developing test strategy, test plan and test case documents
- Performed GUI, Functional, System-Integration, Regression, and UAT testing.
- Worked on POS and experienced in performing a BOD, EOD, Cash Management, EPOS Activities, Performing sales transactions.
- Performed bank settlements testing for VISA and gift cards sales transactions.
- Worked on Inventory Management for POS applications and good domain knowledge in Inventory adjustments, Stock transfer, receiving and EPOS Activities.
- Close interaction with Project Management, Business User and Development teams.
- Identify risk and communicate risk mitigation strategies, determine scope and test limitations.
- Executed complex SQL Queries on Oracle databases to validate the data involved.
- Test Plan Preparation & defining a testing methodology appropriate for the application.
- Functionality and Performance testing of the application. Performed Backend Testing writing SQL queries.
- Defect tracking and reporting using Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Preparation and evaluation of Test Reports & Summary Reports.
- Onsite offshore team Coordination.
Environment: C#, C/C++, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Retail, POS, SQL Server 2000 and Windows XP
- Involved in writing Test Plans, Test cases and developing Test scripts using Quality Center.
- Participated in Requirement Management using Quality Center.
- Created traceability matrix between requirements and test cases.
- Tested various operations in the claims processing (Adjustments, Claims, Overpayments, underpayments etc.)
- Responsible for GUI, System, and regression testing.
- Tested the claims processing.
- Tested the members, subscribers and Claims workflow.
- Tested the mapping and integrity of data populated in the database using SQL queries.
- Bug reporting using defect track management in Quality Center and participated in bug reviews.
- Maintained test logs and test summary reports.
- Made extensive use of MS Office tools to create and maintain documents such as test plans, test execution and test results documents.
Environment: Java swing, Oracle 10g, Wind chill, TOAD, Apache, UNIX, Windows 2003, Quality centre 9.0 / 9.2, Manual and QTP 9.2.
- Review the business requirements for their testability.
- Creation of Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Involved in Execution of Account Opening flow.
- Monitor and Control the test execution and defect resolution.
- Status reporting for test execution, defect resolution, productivity and bug statistics.
- Participated in Defect Triage meetings with development team on the defects.
- Daily Electronic Payments systems validations.
- Production and UAT Support.
- Participated in the weekly calls to track the status of defect and their progress.
- Fully integrated with test Quality Center for test management activities, created separate test sets for each release based on the severity.
- Performed Regression Testing.
- Wrote SQL queries to test the application for data integrity.