- Over 13 years of development and testing experience in telecommunications and cable industry predominantly in the area of mobile applications.
- Experience in the development and testing of Android based applications and on UIOne technology & BREW mobile platform and exposure to UI development using Brew Forms and Widgets.
- Experience in bug fixing and maintenance of mCommerce products like Confidential .
- Experience in BREW API and Porting Kit testing using Qualcomm proprietary automation frameworks.
- Experience in Manual testing, UI testing, feature testing, functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, Ad - hoc testing, exploratory testing, BREW API testing and unit testing.
- Experience in documenting user guide, reviewing test cases, test result analysis and status reporting.
- Involvement in all stages of SDLC and STLC, and working experience with Waterfall, Agile and Kanban methodology.
- Experience in Client interactions during project kick-off phase, attending client calls to gather development and testing requirements.
- Working closely with Product Owners and Release Managers to understand system requirements and schedule planning.
- Experience in handling the outsourced team of QA, closely working with offshore and onsite teams, and mentoring new team members.
- Team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
Languages: C, Core Java
Operating Systems: Android, iOS, Red Hat Linux, VxWorks
Development IDE: Android Studio, Eclipse, Xcode, NetBeans, Tornado
Download and Debugging Tools: Charles proxy, BrewToolSuite, JTAG-Trace32, QXDM, QPST, Genie, Speedo, Android ADB, DDMS, Logcat, Ethereal Protocol Analyzer
Defect Tracking: Jira, Bugzilla, TeamTrack, Coverity, Crucible, Rally
Test Automation Framework: Espresso, XCUITests, Appium, Qualcomm proprietary frameworks (OAT and TFW), STRIDE Studio
Configuration Management Tools: Sourcetree, Perforce, CVS, Clear case
Senior Engineer - Test
- Performing all Team Lead related activities like mentoring, allocating work, regulating best Test practices across the team, providing regular status to the management
- Working towards the automation goals for the team and provide guidance as required
- Actively working with other test groups post merger to help them understand the product and answer their questions.
- Working with the Regression Test team and help smoothen the bridge between them and the development team by answering queries, isolating problems and advising them on new features as necessary.
- Working with back end services teams as need be in helping reproducing and resolving issues.
- Collaborating with the Design team on a regular basis to polish out UI/UX issues.
- Regularly monitor incoming bugs and highlight critical issues and work with the developers by triaging issues and providing additional details.
- Provide support for any field bugs that are reported after release.
- Participated in a Collective program thereby periodically meeting Call Center associates to share knowledge on the various apps that are being worked on and present a quick overview of the upcoming new features.
- Contributed towards increasing the documentation available to the mobile test team
- Point of contact on the Mobile Dev QA team for many different topics.
Engineer - Software
- Involved in the development of Android based applications
- Responsible for developing Gallery interface for USB support
- Involved in maintenance and bug fixing of Confidential applications
- Working with the offshore QA team based in India in resolving issues
- Communication with the Video & Hardware teams based in Israel
- Status reporting to the development manager in Israel and point of contact for the Confidential client development team in Westminster
Senior Engineer - Software
- Attend business requirement walkthrough with Client and get clarifications for preparing test plan and test cases
- Working with the team to identifying manual and automation test cases
- Co-ordinate with the development team, track defects until fixed and ensure verification when deployed to QA
- Attend and provide regular status calls and reports to Client
- Involved in test plan review, creating multi-media content for test data, development of framework for VideoRenderer module.
- Managed testing process and prepared unit test cases, integration and sanity test cases
- Involved in the understanding of the existing product and preparation of design document
- Performed code review and testing of News channel module
- Involved in the system testing and bug fixing of the Confidential /appManager product
- Working with the client for requirements gathering
- Involved in design and development of Server module
- Responsible for unit testing and white box testing of server module
- Application testing using BoaApp (simulates GSM and WCDMA/UMTS networks)
- Participated in the Root Cause Analysis meeting
- Involved in bug fixing of Man-Machine Interface module.
- Bug fixing on Call layers, browsers, Messaging and Multimedia
- Involved in understanding the Mib and generating code using mib2c.
- Implemented the SNMP get, set and getnext functionalities for tables and scalar objects
- Monitoring SNMP packet information using Ethereal
Trainee Software Engineer
- Integration for Configuration Module for Session Director system using Adventnet WebNMS
- Involved in GUI creation using Java Swings