- QA Test Engineer having over 6+ years of experience in the Information Technology field specializing in Software Testing including testing client/server and web - based applications.
- Have a strong analytical background, extensive experience in business requirements analysis, manual testing, test automation, and QA methodologies.
- Experienced in well - organized and highly capable of meeting deadlines, staying focused on tasks, and satisfying goals and objectives.
- Six years of professional experience as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer with rich knowledge of all stages of SDLC (Agile Scrum, Waterfall and experience in Manual and Automation Testing Web and Client/Server applications.
- Expertise in all types of test documentation - Test Estimation, Test Plan/Case, Test Design, Test Procedure/Script, Test Matrices, and Test Summary Reports.
- Expertise in developing UFT scripts for the Test cases and integrating the UFT scripts with ALM for execution.
- In-depth knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle and its different types of methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative and Agile (Scrum).
- Expertise in Requirement Analysis, Defining Test Strategy, Designing Test Plans/Cases, Executing Test Cases(Manual and Automated), Monitoring/analyzing test results, Detecting/Tracking Bugs and interacting with the development team in fixing them, Collecting test metrics, and Conducting test reports.
- Expertise in Functionality, System, Integration, End to End, Regression, Sanity (Smoke), User Acceptance testing, Positive and Negative, Performance, Black Box, Load and Volume.
- Experienced in using various HP-testing tools such as Quick Test Pro /UFT and HP QUALITY CENTER 10/ALM.
- Experienced work with Azure and other cloud environments.
- Very strong in writing complex SQL queries and testing all the database applications of RDBMS in ORACLE, SQL Server.
- In-depth knowledge of SOA web services using SoapUI Pro.
- Closely worked with the developer and the other team members to solve any technical and end-user issues.
- Strong problem-solving skills using a logical methodology. Self-motivated, strong organizational skills and communication skills, reliable, able to learn new technical skills quickly. Able to work under tight deadlines and rapidly changing priorities. Works well with others as well as independently.
Operating System: MS-DOS, 2000/NT, XP, Vista, Windows 7, 2003 server, UNIX and Linux
Languages: XML, HTML, UNIX, Shell Scripting, SQL and PL/SQL
RDBMS: Oracle, MS Access, MS-SQL Server, Data Stage
Testing Tools: Selenium, QTP Test Complete, Cucumber, UFT
Build tools: Maven, Gradle
Methodologies: SDLC, AGILE, Agile Scrum, Programming Approach and Technique with pseudo code and Flow Chart.
Other Tools: MS-Office Products, TOAD, Excess, Adobe, Cloud.
Web Services Tools: SOAP UI/Ready API, REST/XML/Jason, WSDL, and XML schema.
Internet Browsers: IE, Safari, Mozilla and Google Chrome
Test Management/Defect tracking tools: Jira, zephyr, Quality Center/ALM, Rally
Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Hudson
Source Control: Git, Git-Hub, SVN, Share Point
Confidential, Woonsocket, RI
QA Test Engineer
- Updated and ensured all test cases are updated in HP ALM 12.0 along with Master Test Plan.
- Performed Automation Testing using HP UFT, developed the test scripts. Functions library and test execution.
- Generated test execution report in HP ALM 12.0 and reviewed by the QA Manager and development team.
- Performed manual and automated testing such as Smoke, Functional, System and Regression Testing using HP ALM 12.0, Azure DevOps(VSTS) and UFT.
- Wrote detailed test cases and mapping the test cases to requirement from caliber to HP ALM 12.0
- Performed Backend Database testing using SQL/TSQL query language to ensure data, data mapping and data flow from applications to databases
- Prepared System Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Design, Test Summary Reports and Matrices.
- Worked in Agile Development Environment and participated on Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, meeting and daily stand-up and retrospective meetings and update day to day status to agile team.
- Reviewed and analyzed Use Case Story, acceptance criteria, design documents and other artifacts.
- Formulated detailed Test Plan, Analyzed business and software requirement artifacts.
- Involved in gathering and analyzing requirements, hold and participated meetings and identifying gaps in the requirements.
- Reviewed test plan, test cases, test reports and test metrics.
- Created and managed CRs and tracked the CRs as part of the tasks
- Identified scenario-based system requirements, solution diagrams, help files, and screen mock ups
- Performed System, Negative, Integration, Regression, Sanity and User Acceptance Testing for applications
- Performed Analysis of test results, logging and tracking defects in HP ALM.
- Tested critical bug fixes and coordinated with developers to prevent such bugs.
- Performed Mobile app testing into multiple OS like Android and iOS on Java base platforms.
- Performed functional testing on the Real device and use simulator on Java Eclipse.
- Participated and contributed in different meetings with the management team and team members
Environment: ALM, UFT, Quality Center 10, Caliber 2008, SQL, Window Server 2012, 2008R2, SQL Server 2014, Oracle 12c, SQL, TSQL, Java, Azure, Remedy, Web Applications, TOAD, Visual Studio-Team Web Access, .Net, TFS
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Functional Test Engineer
- Prepared and executed Test Cases manually according to the BRD, Technical Specification, Functional Design and Use Case documents, identifying application’s functionality, test requirements and coverage.
- Performed regression testing against the various builds of the application.
- Wrote SQL queries and tested front end developed data in the databases.
- Executed automated test scripts using UFT to perform through testing.
- Performed Configuration and compatibility testing, verified the application on different operating systems.
- Interfaced with developers to resolve technical issues and investigated software faults.
- Prepared RTM Document to ensure that all the requirements had sufficient coverage for thorough testing.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and reported using ALM.
- Tested the reports developed in the system as per company standards and requirements.
- Responsible for giving demonstrations and presentation to the management and mentoring other junior team members.
- Involved in auditing documentation for CMMI .
Environment: SQL, Application Life Cycle Management, Windows XP, Unified Functional Testing, JSP, Java, MS Excel, MS Office, VM ware, Oracle 10g.
QA Test Engineer
- Performed maintaining, developing, executing automated Functional and Regression Test scripts using UFT/QTP.
- Executed Test cases in finding errors, reported defects, determined repair priorities, performed Regression Testing and closed by using Mercury Quality Center.
- Implemented Acceptance testing by using Gherkin in Cucumber and Ruby based framework
- Used SQL statements to query Oracle and SQL Server Databases for Data Validation and Data Integrity.
- Analyzed manual test cases for the feasibility of automation in regression phase
- Reviewed functional and technical requirements to create and execute detail test plans and test cases
- Designed, developed and implemented the test automation framework
- Identified, analyzed, reproduced, documented and tracked software defects using Jira
- Participated in product design review and provided input on functional requirements
- Worked closely with Development team, gathered knowledge and performed research to write and update technical documentation for Development and QA Team and ultimately eliminated the customer reported issues and reduce LOEs
- Collaborated with Business, Program/Project Manager to get requirement, project scopes, setting priority, expected results in low project risk, efficiency and timely delivery of projects
- Worked independently and team environment to conduct a wide variety of quality-control tests such as Functional, Regression, Positive, Negative, Performance and Integration Testing.
- Prepared status report daily, weekly and monthly including project reports, which allows the project to maintain high quality and successful completion of it.
- Involved to UAT and logged the Ticket if discovered any issue by the client.
Environment: UFT/QTP, Mercury Quality Center, Gherkin in Cucumber, Ruby, Oracle 11gR2, SQL Server 2012, SQL, TSQL, Java, Dot Net, Remedy, Web Applications