- Over 9 Years of extensive experience in software testing of web - based, client server applications and webservices. Actively participated in all stages of software development and Testing Lifecycle. Highly proficient in performance testing using LoadRunner.
- Proficient in developing and deploying test automation scripts to do end to end performance testing using LoadRunner and JMeter.
- Extensive experience in preparing Load Test plans and Strategies.
- Extensive experience in designing the test cases based on BRD.
- Proficient in testing web Applications, CMS Applications SAP Applications and Web Services, Micro-Services and SPA(Single Page Application) for performance using LoadRunner.
- Involved in enhancement of scripts, check points, in automated scripts.
- Advanced skills in gathering Requirements from End Users, Scope Documents and Business Specifications.
- Advanced Skills in performing automated testing for JAVA, J2EE, Web, and GUI applications.
- Strong skills in Implementing Quality Assurance Standards, and Testing Methodologies for Large Enterprise GUI, and WEB applications using Use Case Documents, Functional Specifications and Business Requirements.
- Extensively involved in Performance tuning of Web servers such as web sphere.
- Checked for Network Bottlenecks using Network Delay Time and Vuser Graphs.
- Used Jmeter for web services based performance testing.
- Good knowledge in using JBOSS, Unit testing frameworks like JUnit and NUnit.
- Performed integration testing, stress testing and the Load testing on different protocols like Web (HTTP/HTML), WebServices, Web (Click and Script), COM, SAP (WEB, GUI), Oracle NCA Protocols, Ajax TruClient.
- Expert experience in gathering requirements specifications and technical specifications.
- Preparing Test Strategy and Test Plan for multiple projects which followed AGILE methodology (Scrum, XP, ASD (Adaptive Software Development).
Testing Tools: LoadRunner, Performance Center, JMeter and Quality Center.
Web & Application Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, and IIS.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, Teradata, MS Access, MongoDB, Mark-logic.
Monitoring Tools: DynaTrace, CA IntroScope, SiteScope, Splunk, HP Diagnostics, JProfiler, LR, Monitor and AppDynamics.
Tools: Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Outlook, Lotus Notes, TOAD, SQL.
Confidential, Wallingford, CT
Lead Performance Engineer
- Extensively involved in all phases of Performance Test Life cycle in Implementing New process for performance testing as well as following the Existing process for Multiple Applications.
- Extensively involved in performance testing of client-server, web services, web-based applications, Micro-Services and SPA(Single Page Application).
- Responsible for performance testing using LoadRunner, and Performance test Engineering using Multiple Monitoring Tools Available.
- Used Performance Center, standalone Controllers to create scenarios and run Performance tests.
- Developed VUsers Scripts in Web (HTTP/HTML), JavaVuser, .Net, Web Services protocol and Database Protocols.
- Extensively used Performance Monitoring tools Wily Introscope, Splunk and Site Scope to analyze the System resources bottlenecks like Memory Leaks, CPU & Network Bottlenecks as well as problematic application & DB components.
- Independently developed various LoadRunner scripts using various protocols like Web (http/html), Web Services, Citrix and Ajax TruClient
- Analyzed results using Load Runner Analysis tool based on Transaction per Second, Average Response times and resource usage to meet the SLA (Service Level Agreements).
- Generated performance graphs using tools like Splunk and Fog light etc
- Extensively used Postman and SoupUI for Performance testing SOA, Web services and API’s
- Created custom java code in load runner to simulate load testing MQ messages.
- Involved in creating Splunk dashboards, reports using built-in and/or custom measures to present testing and analysis results effectively.
- Involved in Performance testing cloud environments like AWS for various projects.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining production application dashboards using Wily and Splunk.
- Responsible for Setting up user profiles, configuring and adding application servers on Wily tool.
- Maintained defect status and reported testing status weekly and monthly using defect tracking tools.
- Investigated and troubleshoot performance problems in Performance Tests and production Environments.
- Interacted with developers during testing for identifying and fixing bugs for optimizing server settings at web, app and database levels.
Environment: Performance Center, LoadRunner, JMeter, Java, .Net, MS SQL Server, MS SQL,AWS, IIS, Quality Center, Clear Quest, DynaTrace, Jenkins, Wily, Splunk, Introscope, Sitescope
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Lead Performance Engineer
- Responsible for gathering and analyzing requirements for performance testing.
- Analyzed system documentation like Requirements and User Interface Specifications Documents to develop Performance Test Plans.
- Run backend testing with Jmeter to insure the data validity.
- Developed and executed load test script thread groups based on the business requirements and specifications.
- Using LoadRunner/Performance Center analyzed results and created reports in for the Load test performed.
- Responsible for converting LoadRunner scripts to NeoLoad 5.5.2.
- Used transaction controllers, throughput controllers for different performance scenarios, and used JMeter functions to create the test data instead of CSV files.
- Developed single and multiple web sampler scripts using JMeter.
- Developed and deployed test Load scripts to do end to end performance testing using Jmeter and LoadRunner.
- Configured the JMeter properties files for specific load testing scenarios.
- Extensively worked in Web, Web services, TruClient and Citrix protocol using LoadRunner.
- Monitored application using AppDynamics to identify issues and bottlenecks.
- Involved in setting up the host machines on various cloud environments like AWS depending on the load and requirement for various projects.
- Created the Scripts for Web Services by converting SOAPUI scripts to Jmeter Scripts.
- Extensively used AppDynamics to diagnose and troubleshoot web/app server performance issues.
- Coordinated with DBA for optimizing querying data in SQL and running scripts.
- Responsible for testing SOAP request/service for the online system.
Environment: LoadRunner, Jmeter, NeoLoad 5.5.2, SOAP UI, AppDynamics, AWS, Java, Eclipse, CA- IntroScope, Linux, Windows, OEM.
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. Performance Engineer
- Executed LoadRunner Scenarios using LoadRunner Controller and Performance Center.
- Analyzed the Transaction Summary Report and graphs generated in a LoadRunner Analysis session.
- Performance Center to generate realistic load on an application under test.
- Prepared weekly performance testing status reports to update the stakeholders.
- Created various scenarios in LoadRunner controller for performing baseline, benchmark, stress tests and endurance tests.
- Extensively used correlation, parameterization and error handling techniques and created manual scenarios with multiple scripts for testing of the application.
- Extensively used DynaTrace to diagnose and troubleshoot web/app server performance issues.
- Involved in creating load test scripts according to test specifications/ requirements using Agile/Scrum methodology for various projects involving different functionalities.
- Involved in performance tuning application servers such as WebLogic and WebSphere, and Web servers such as Apache.
- Involved in analyzing, interpreting and summarizing meaningful and relevant results in a complete Performance Test Report.
- Created comprehensive performance test results reports after testing.
- Written & executed UNIX Shell scripts to see the output.
- Worked with database administer to index database to improve performance of the applications.
Environment: LoadRunner, CA Introscope, DynaTrace, Oracle, WebLogic, MS SQL Server, HTTP, Web logic, Oracle, JAVA, UNIX, J2EE Diagnostic Tool
Confidential, Erie, PA
- Involved in performing Load and Stress Test on the application and server by configuring LoadRunner to simulate hundreds of virtual users.
- Developed Load Runner Benchmark set of scripts based on requirement document provided.
- Analyzed System Usage by reviewing the user profile, transaction profile, system resource usage diagrams and designed performance, stress, Endurance tests.
- Created Virtual Users in VuGen and configure Scenarios to meet the load testing requirements in Performance Center.
- Extensively used Web (Http/html), Web services and Oracle NCA protocols in Loadrunner.
- Responsible for analyzing the requirements, designing, debugging, execution and report generation of existing legacy system and new application.
- Responsible for creating automated Performance scripts for load testing using LoadRunner.
- Involved in installing Loadrunner components on multiple desktops.
- Discussed the analysis with the client and presented the risks before the release went to production.
- Generated Test data for various types of testing to valid data, Invalid data testing.
- Identified performance bottlenecks and involved in performance tuning process for improving the application response time.
- Created different monitors to check and verify the availability of various applications and features of the web site, web server, Database services and MQ Series by using Sitescope tool.
- Created detailed test results report which included the observations made during the test, recommendations for improvement and go- no go decisions, detailed response time graphs for the critical transactions and detailed server metrics graphs.
- Proficient in creating detailed test results report for developer community as well as high level results report for the upper level management.
Environment: LoadRunner, Performance Center, LoadRunner, SiteScope, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Weblogic, Load Balancer, JAVA, Quality Center, web, UNIX.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Created Test Schedules and worked closely with clients for requirement gathering.
- Involved in reviewing Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), and created performance test plan document.
- Developed single and multiple web protocol scripts using VuGen.
- Executed Load, Stress, and Endurance Tests in Performance Center to simulate load on the application under realistic end user conditions.
- Responsible for the generation of the LoadRunner Analysis files based on the LoadRunner results file generated by the load test.
- Identified functionality and performance issues, including deadlock conditions, database connectivity problems and system crashes under load.
- Worked closely with Software Developers to isolate, track, debug and troubleshoot defects.
- Monitored performance of individual JVMs for finding memory leaks and optimizing JVM heap using CA IntroScope.
- Coordinated with tools team to Install HP Diagnostics, Wily Introscope and Sitescope on the performance environments for monitoring.
- Created Various Vuser Scripts basing on the Critical Transactions Used by the Real Time users using VuGen of Load Runner.
- Used Performance monitor and Load Runner graphs to analyze the results.
Environment: LoadRunner, Performance Center, SiteScope, Oracle, Citrix, MS SQL Server, Weblogic, Load Balancer, JAVA, Quality Center, J2EE Diagnostic Tool, web, Windows 2000/XP .
Confidential, Goodlettsville, TN
- Created virtual users using VUGEN and performed performance testing using Load Runner.
- Gather Performance requirements, capture details about business critical scenarios/core services.
- Created Master Test Plan including introduction, evaluation mission and test motivation, test approach, Load script recording, Load testing process, Team members and responsibilities, risk assessment and mitigation etc.
- Create scenario using Load Runner to do Load and Stress test the Web based ecommerce Application.
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing the requirements of the new system and identifying discrepancies that can hinder System, Regression, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Responsible for performance testing (Load, Stress and Volume) using LoadRunner (Controller, Virtual User Generator, Analysis).
- Involved in installation and Setup of Performance Center LoadRunner.
- Coordinated with Technical Teams to monitor Database Query, CPU Utilization and Memory.
- Performed smoke testing by checking the build release from the developers.
- Performed Regression testing after logging defects.
- Involved in database testing by writing SQL queries and also using data base functions for automation.
- Worked with developers, business and Release managers in bug fix issues and in meeting project deadlines.
- Reported the bugs, Email notifications to the developers using the QC.
- Experience in preparation of End user documentation and provide to end-user.
- Done defect tracking using Bugzilla and stored results in MS-Word documents and Test Director.
- Extensively used Load Runner for test automation.
Environment: Load Runner, Performance Center, Java, XML, HTML, Linux, Windows 2000/XP, MS Office, Perl, Shell, VB, Java, Java Script, BugZilla, Quality Center, C, SQL